Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,391 members, 7,853,746 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:06 PM

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip - TV/Movies (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (127342 Views)

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) / Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikedcylinder: 3:43pm On Mar 03, 2010
Oh. . . you're high. grin grin grin
Max, quit disparaging my person. angry tongue
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 03, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Nawa o. This yeye hard drive is getting more love than me. angry

yeah!!

i need to unleash the force from arkham asylum's dead space  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by JeSoul(f): 4:03pm On Mar 03, 2010
Kai, see spoilt children lol. Lemme go back and pray and purge my mind from what I just read here . . .
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 6:03pm On Mar 03, 2010
obinna5000:

@Mad_Max
I've been visiting some movie sites and most of them are tipping "The Hurt Locker" to win the Best Picture award. Some are also tipping "Avatar" as well sha.

I don't give a frak what movie sites say. Frak is my new favourite word now. Got it from BG. Haven't seen the danged Hurt Lucker cos I can't stand War Films. It's mostly trashy WE vs Them violence while soldiers with hard eyes and gritty voices die glorious American deaths. Though I made an exception for Black Hawk Down, I'm not sure I'll be watching this one. There are two sides to a story but in American war films there's only one: Theirs. Propagandist bull by dirty, war-lovin' bastids to make war look glamourous when it's no such thing. Perpetuating the romantic action figures Americans love so much so they can breathe hard and wish their 'boys in Iraq' bloodier hands. If Hurt Locker wins it'll surprise me none. I doubt the deserving District 9'll take home that tin man so they may give it to whomever they like.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by doyin13(m): 6:14pm On Mar 03, 2010
Mad_Max:

I don't give a frak what movie sites say. Frak is my new favourite word now. Got it from BG. Haven't seen the danged Hurt Lucker cos I can't stand War Films. It's mostly trashy WE vs Them violence while soldiers with hard eyes and gritty voices die glorious American deaths. Though I made an exception for Black Hawk Down, I'm not sure I'll be watching this one. There are two sides to a story but in American war films there's only one: Theirs. Propagandist bull by dirty, war-lovin' bastids to make war look glamourous when it's no such thing. Perpetuating the romantic action figures Americans love so much so they can breathe hard and wish their 'boys in Iraq' bloodier hands. If Hurt Locker wins it'll surprise me none. I doubt the deserving District 9'll take home that tin man so they may give it to whomever they like.

Then you should try Letters From Iwo Jima. . . Eastwood tried to give the war perspective from the
Japanese angle.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by obinna5000(m): 6:16pm On Mar 03, 2010
@ Mad_Max
I know how you feel.

justkunmi:

And.A.Serious.Man.gettin.all.that? hisssss.
Dont.want.to.get.started.on.another.gay.movie. .

@justkunmi
You're mistaken "A Single Man" for "A Serious Man". They are two different films.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Thelmabee: 8:35am On Mar 04, 2010
@oyb
made alot of compromise in your own case hun, 'cuz i bet you're tallking from experience,
sure your wife made double the compromise considering the fact that she married a supposed "shy nerd" LIKE YOU. shocked
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 10:13am On Mar 04, 2010
Thelma makes a lousy Glenn Close impersonation. Doyin, old boy, go and tell your wife everything before later comes and you start thinking 'if only I'd told my wife everything'

Btw I don repent. Now I see what too much actifed can do to you
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikedcylinder: 11:31am On Mar 04, 2010
Max, please calm down. Everything will be alright. tongue
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by justkunmi(m): 11:39am On Mar 04, 2010
Obinna. .
My.bad. .
And.pls. .stay.away.from.those.movie.websites.and.critic.forums. They.are.doin.you.moee.wickedness.than.harm. .

Spiked. .
Where's.this.hard.drive.naa, .?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by obinna5000(m): 12:00pm On Mar 04, 2010
@justkunmi
I no dey listen to those yeye critics site like Rotten Tomatoes.
I laugh taya when they rated "Up" 98%  grin and "The Hurt Locker" 97%  grin. Tears of laughter comot from my eye.  grin

But I like plain movie sites like Yahoo! Movies and Film Junk.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 5:18pm On Mar 04, 2010
doyin13:

Then you should try Letters From Iwo Jima. . . Eastwood tried to give the war perspective from the Japanese angle.

The Watanabe/Eastwood pairing made me see it a while back. Good movie. Different.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 2:20am On Mar 05, 2010
This reminds me of that Nolan project we talked about before. The one with Leo and Watanabe, your first love whom you've cheated on with that English bulldog
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by obinna5000(m): 8:02am On Mar 05, 2010
vescucci:

This reminds me of that Nolan project we talked about before. The one with Leo and Watanabe, your first love whom you've cheated on with that English bulldog
"Inception". In theaters July 16 2010. lipsrsealed
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikedcylinder: 9:44am On Mar 05, 2010
vescucci:

Blond blue eyed bulldog, in fact.
I luv you and your sig, Max. cheesy
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by obinna5000(m): 9:56am On Mar 05, 2010
@bretbin
Why are u quoting me?  And are you the owner of that blog site?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 2:59pm On Mar 05, 2010
I thought I had a deja vu moment.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 9:45am On Mar 06, 2010
What the pretzel are you Bret? A virus? I remember that raunchy statement from this thread's infancy.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by obinna5000(m): 11:18am On Mar 06, 2010
vescucci:

What the pretzel are you Bret? A virus? I remember that raunchy statement from this thread's infancy.
Na dangerous guy. grin grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by doyin13(m): 8:58am On Mar 07, 2010
There has been so much hype about ''An Education''. . .

Well. . . .WHAT A CRACKING FILM grin grin grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by obinna5000(m): 7:27pm On Mar 07, 2010
30th Annual Golden Raspberry (Razzie©) Award “Winners”

Worst Picture of 2009
Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen cheesy

Worst Actress of 2009
Sandra Bullock "All About Steve"

Worst Actor(s) of 2009
All Three Jonas Brothers "Jonas Brothers: The 3-D Concert Experience"

Worst Screen Couple
Sandra Bullock & Bradley Cooper "All About Steve"

Worst Supporting Actress
Sienna Miller "G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA"

Worst Supporting Actor
Billy Ray Cyrus "HANNAH MONTANA: THE MOVIE"

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel
Land of The Lost
(Universal PIctures)

Worst Director
Michael Bay "TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN"

Worst Screenplay
Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

Source: http://www.razzies.com/history/09winners.asp
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by obinna5000(m): 11:39pm On Mar 07, 2010
Alice In Wonderland (2010) makes $116,300,000 in its opening weekend at the U.S. Box Office.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikedcylinder: 9:50am On Mar 08, 2010
I saw Alice in Wonderland over the weekend.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 08, 2010
Hmm, finally Hurt Locker "hurt locks" the Avatar. Case of David vs. Goliath 6-3. Way to go,
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 1:14pm On Mar 08, 2010
As usual, the Academy spits baloney spiced with politicking sauce.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikyn: 4:15pm On Mar 08, 2010
@ vesc, no beef winners,
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by obinna5000(m): 9:08am On Mar 09, 2010
I can't wait to see "Clash Of The Titans (2010)" when it comes out in April. I heard its going to be 3 hours long and in stereoscopic 3-D.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikedcylinder: 9:15am On Mar 09, 2010
Looks like if you haven't done stuff in 3D these days, you are not worth your salt.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by obinna5000(m): 9:24am On Mar 09, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Looks like if you haven't done stuff in 3D these days, you are not worth your salt.
@spikedcylinder
Is this statement a typographical error? grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikedcylinder: 9:34am On Mar 09, 2010
Everything seems to be in 3D na.

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (100)

Photos: Meet Big Brother Nigeria 2017 Housemates / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 / Khalifa Vanithel: Big Brother Cameroon Winner And Her Prize (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.