Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:01 AM

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip - TV/Movies (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (128467 Views)

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) / Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 6:04pm On Apr 19, 2010
Beauty is still in the eyes on the belooker. And Meryl is an older woman. And I wasn't only talking of the skin deep beauty, hence her being ugliest as the most fashionable Devil in Prada.

I heard that JK has kicked Fox out with her 'baggages'. Maybe Spike moved in. That way they can both hate on one of the richest cinematic experiences I've seen in modern times.

Max, Precious is not one of those films. Though set in Harlem, I think, as I said the story is universal and you just wonder about the silent sufferings of people like Precious around the world.

I don't think Mr. Obinna has ever posted something at once that I couldn't spurt out with my dying breath. Are you not passionate about anything, sir?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2010
@vesc nd spikedcylinder
haba silence of the lambs na claaaaaasiiiic. Meryl Streep na beauty not the plastic we see daily on tv, like Jolie n co(meagan fox)
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by obinna5000(m): 7:14pm On Apr 19, 2010
@Mad_Max & Vescucci

My favourite movie list is here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=17.msg5479282#msg5479282

I'm still going to add more movies to that list.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2010
You post your Top Twenty. That's sort of what everyone else did.

I got off scot free? Where's Spikie with a dozen tongue tongue tongue s?

I heard about the movie and it sounds depressing. I think her father or stepfather was abusing her and she would block out the stuff with fantasies.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by obinna5000(m): 9:40pm On Apr 19, 2010
Mad_Max:

I heard about the movie and it sounds depressing. I think her father or stepfather was abusing her and she would block out the stuff with fantasies.

That should be "Precious (2009)". Her mother (played by Mo'Nique) was very abusive and wicked. Chei!!
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 11:58pm On Apr 19, 2010
You didn't get off scott free. You just didn't post. You musta learned diversionary tactics from Houdini. Always haranguing us so much we never get to wonder about you. 5k, Don't post anything till she does. I'm not sure Spike did either. But she sabi dis great films cuz of hype. Imagine. I posted 40! 40 everything! With little encyclopedias as reasons too! I'm now mad at you MadMax.

5k. I always feel like looking for your trouble o. Kai! Where's that straitjacket?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by obinna5000(m): 1:16pm On Apr 20, 2010
@vescucci
undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 2:13pm On Apr 20, 2010
Lol. Everyone's posted their Top 20s and 30s and 40s. EVERYONE. What a short memory thou hast. Recurring movies in all our tops include The Matrix, LOTR, The Shawshank Redemption and Memento. Gamine and Karma couldn't stick to 20 and posted like, their Top Thousand. I'll check out Precious. I thought the girl in Up in The Air was outstanding and deserved the Oscar Monique took. Mebbe I was wrong.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikedcylinder: 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2010
Max, the things I'm about to type to you will get me banned off nl. So, thunder fire your ?@#$^&! Amen. grin
Silence of the Lambs is overrated, stone me. angry
Meanwhile, what girl in Up In The Air were you referring to? Vera Farmiga? Remember I reviewed her performance several pages back? She's awesome!!!

Vescucci, move in to where? Foximoto has peed around Jk's tri-state area. Its a no go.
Is it even me you people are abusing sef? Max and V, kneel down and raise up your hands. In fact, frog jump sef. Abami eda. angry

Where's my Jesoul? cry
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 2:36pm On Apr 20, 2010
Chai. Oh no you didn't! I've forgotten all I wanted to say sef. I'm feeling really giddy. I know it won't last. Where's peacemaker JeSoul?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by JeSoul(f): 4:43pm On Apr 20, 2010
Spikey kiss

Max and Vesc, just come with your tray of kola and gin and a small stack of cash, that will suffice for the first round of appeasement.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 6:54pm On Apr 20, 2010
Lemme guess. You got your Appeasement Rites from Bosom 3:2. grin

Spikie you sickie, in what universe is Vera Farmiga a girl? I meant the GIRL who shook after Clooney delivered his cynical homily on relationshps at the airport and bawled like some forlorn calf. I forget her name. Farmiga was a liar living a fantasy. See her parading around with her stick-insect butt and feeling funky. That fantasy was Clooney's reality and when he wanted to change his life, he ran into the brick wall of her deceit.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by obinna5000(m): 6:58pm On Apr 20, 2010
@Mad_Max
No mind that yeye character for that film. angry I prefer the character played by Anna Kendrick.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 7:12pm On Apr 20, 2010
Kendrick! Yes. The three leads delivered great performances, but the girl was outstanding. I was so angry with Farmiga for what she did to Clooney. The one chance he had of turning his life around and changing for good, and she crushes it. Look at his age.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by justkunmi(m): 7:52pm On Apr 20, 2010
Don't tell me you guys are takin 'Precious' seriously. . .
C'mon. . Mariah Carey was in it for heavens sake! OMG.

Talk about Crazy Heart. Yeah. That's a movie. .
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by obinna5000(m): 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2010
@justkunmi
We were also talking about "Up in the Air" as well.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 12:26pm On Apr 21, 2010
BEVERLY HILLS CHIHUAHUA
Jamie Lee Curtis and others

Any movie featuring a dog's earned half my vote. I'd adore Eddie Murphy's Dr Dolittle if Chris Rock's character (Rodney) wasn't the most irritating animal in cinematic history. Beverly Hills Chihuahua is about spoiled, wealthy chihuahuan Chloe who involuntarily goes slumming it in the wilds of Mexico. When her owner goes on a trip and leaves the tiny, pampered dog in care of her niece, little did Chloe know change was sniffing around the corner. Lost and far from home, she embarks on a journey of self-discovery. From cages and dog fights to hot pursuit, it's canine derring-do, friendship and er, romantic love. It's Disney so it's syrupy. Not spectacularly witty or funny, but it's good, light entertainment. And Chloe of the diamond-encrusted dog-tag is adorable.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 12:38pm On Apr 21, 2010
spikedcylinder:

[color=#550000]Max, the things I'm about to type to you will get me banned off nl. So, thunder fire your ?@#$^&! Amen. grin

Vescucci, move in to where? Foximoto has peed around Jk's tri-state area. Its a no go.

Lol. I'm checking out a replacement since he's kicked her out. If you let him choose he'll probably just examine chests and pick the biggest he could find.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by justkunmi(m): 1:33pm On Apr 21, 2010
Max
Looks like you know me too well. Lol.
So don't leave me to decide. Send your candidates.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by obinna5000(m): 7:26pm On Apr 21, 2010
@JK
Wetin dey happen for Movie Club? Posts are just vanishing like magicians. undecided
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikedcylinder: 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2010
Anna Kendrick was just meh jor. I almost didn't see her next to Farmiga. I love love love what she did to Clooney. Yea, I'm a big fan of evil revenge like that. grin grin grin

JK will probably settle for Sidibe if she had the right amount of boobs. So help him God.

J, kiss kiss kiss kiss right back at ya.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by justkunmi(m): 4:22pm On Apr 22, 2010
Spikey
Nothing can make me settle for Sidibe. Even if her whole body were bosoms. . Which kinda is. .lmao. . Lailai. .
And I'm sure Vesc would raise an objection. I can't go against the Bro Code.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by obinna5000(m): 6:42pm On Apr 22, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Anna Kendrick was just meh jor. I almost didn't see her next to Farmiga. I love love love what she did to Clooney. Yea, I'm a big fan of evil revenge like that. grin grin grin

I no see any revenge for the thing. It was just plain deception.
Anna Kendrick & Vera Famiga were both nominated for Best Supporting Actress at the 82nd Oscars but lost to Mo'Nique.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 7:39am On Apr 23, 2010
Even if her whole body were bosoms lol! I'm imagining something here and it's mighty peculiar!
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by justkunmi(m): 10:54am On Apr 23, 2010
What are you imagining? Spill. !
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 7:11pm On Apr 23, 2010
Naw. grin
Still hunting for the next Mrs Jk and being thorough about it. You'll have some ten finalists to choose from.
Hm. I don't mean to be crude but isn't this Sidibe girl a little too large to play r.ape victim? Why didn't she just, I don't know, roll like an avalanche and crush the bastid? Odd.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 7:10am On Apr 25, 2010
SHUTTER ISLAND
Leonardo Di Caprio, Ben Kingsley, Mark Ruffalo.

The boat ride. The doors that opened on cue and people came in. At first I thought, why is Scorcese being so obvious? Why is he trying so hard to make this be a thriller? The story was interesting and I sat it through. And then everything CHANGES. Then you see WHY he was obvious. I did not see this coming.

Now the movie has one or two flaws. Sometimes he tries too hard for atmosphere. Sometimes the scenes don't segue into the next smoothly.
But oh my. Oh MY!
Scorcese, you are a directing god.
Wow.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by obinna5000(m): 8:21am On Apr 25, 2010
@Mad_Max
"Shutter Island" wasn't a bad movie even though I found it a bit confusing. So far, the Martin Scorsese - Leonardo DiCaprio collabo has not disappointed right from "Gangs of New York (2002)" to "Shutter Island (2010)".
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 9:10am On Apr 25, 2010
SHERLOCK HOLMES
Robert Downey Jr. Jude Law

So many things annoyed me about this movie I've no idea where to begin. The directing, acting, and writing were just average and in some places, outright terrible. The actors didn't inhabit their roles, looked like they were acting and, in the case of Downey, trying too hard. I never read a Holmes novel, which is odd, since my teens were given over to John Le Carre and Agatha Christie and John Creasey and pretty much any novel where death, mystery and mayhem reigneth supreme. Old England held no appeal. But I still I caught vibes from friends who did, and Holmes/Watson sounded pretty cool and plenty cerebral. I've no idea how well the characters were adapted for screen, but my guess is: Not very well.

The visual effects were terrible, especially at the dockyard where the giant went after Holmes and cut the anchor off a ship. The villain was Ok but didn't quite cut the effect the director was after. He didn't seem to notice. I am amazed at the success of this movie, with Downey winning a Golden Globe for Best Actor. Do the voters go intermittently mad or something? Already Guy Ritchie's making a sequel and wants to sign on Brad Pitt.

I couldn't finish the movie.
I'll live.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by obinna5000(m): 1:19pm On Apr 25, 2010
@Mad_Max
All I can say about "Sherlock Holmes" is DISCOMBOBULATE.  cheesy
As for the sequel, Brad Pitt is being considered to play the part of Prof. Moriarty. It has not been finalized yet.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 2:01pm On Apr 25, 2010
Lol. Downey's out to prove something. I like the guy though.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by obinna5000(m): 10:58pm On Apr 25, 2010
Jennifer Lopez's new movie THE BACK-UP PLAN has been receiving a lot of negative reviews from both critics and movie-goers. sad undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

Photos: Meet Big Brother Nigeria 2017 Housemates / Khalifa Vanithel: Big Brother Cameroon Winner And Her Prize (Photos) / Daniel K Daniel Reacts To Sex Scenes In Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.