Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets (22178 Views)

Discipline Of The Mouth For A Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by kemisuga(f): 9:29am On Sep 19, 2008
I just want to know, is this part of religion or just being hygienic.

And does this applies to christians too?
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by rajisaliu(m): 10:43am On Sep 19, 2008
ON TTHE TOPIC POSTED IN THE HOUSE.
TALKING IN TOILETS IS NOT HYGENIC WHICH I KNOW IT IS A COMMON KNOWLEDGE FOR ALL.
ANYTHINGS ISLAM FORBID IS NOT FOR BENEFIT OF THE CREATOR BUT FOR THE CREATURES.
THEREFORE IT IS APPLICABLE TO EVERY LIVING CREATURES.
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by olabowale(m): 12:51pm On Sep 19, 2008
@Poster: Not talking in toilet, is more religious and also hygenic.

Religious because it is a commandment from Allah and or His Messenger (AS). There is benefit in obedience.

Opening of mouth is unnecessary if you are not talking or a firm need to do so. Otherwise, the opening of mouth
in or out of the toilet without any reason for it may actually provide good anenue for germs to invade the mouth!
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by javalove(m): 1:17pm On Sep 19, 2008
olabowale:

@Poster: Not talking in toilet, is more religious and also hygenic.

Religious because it is a commandment from Allah and or His Messenger (AS). There is benefit in obedience.

Opening of mouth is unnecessary if you are not talking or a firm need to do so. Otherwise, the opening of mouth
in or out of the toilet without any reason for it may actually provide good anenue for germs to invade the mouth!

Good point. Does it also have anything to do with Jinns ?
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by kemisuga(f): 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2008
thank you for your responses.

But I receive calls and chew in my own toilet. Is this also a sin and non-hygienic?
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by javalove(m): 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2008
recieving calls in the toilet cannot be done with one's mouth closed. so i guess its wrong
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by olabowale(m): 9:55pm On Sep 19, 2008
@Javalove: #3 on: Today at 01:17:11 PM »

Good point. Does it also have anything to do with Jinns ?

Yes. It has a lot to do with Jinns, Shaitan and Sayatin. This is their place/home in your house or
in the building. But the whole idea of not talking is that you received guidance by tour obedience.

One should not stay unnecessarily long in the toilet. Its not your bedroom, or living room, library , etc.
Its the toilet! Its the dirtiest part of the house!

@kemisuga (f): « #4 on: Today at 02:33:38 PM »

thank you for your responses.

But I receive calls and chew in my own toilet. Is this also a sin and non-hygienic?

When the devil whisper, in suggesion to Adam and his wife, Eve, to go to the tree, against the Lord's warning/commandment, the sin committed by them was not just the hearing the whisper.

The sin they committed is the acting upon the whisper, what suggested by it. When you make the toilet your
your favorite room in the house, then you can expect to have all types of things that that may be ungodly running through your mind! Or do you choose the toilet as the place for you to think about God? Do you stay in the toilet, always fully dressed?

@javalove (m): « #5 on: Today at 04:52:07 PM »

recieving calls in the toilet cannot be done with one's mouth closed. so i guess its wrong

In islam, there are rules. Then there are exceptions to the rule(s). But to choose toilet as the favorite place to
chew, over the dining room, or take telephone calls, over the bedroom or other parts of the house, is
completely a sign of, "I will do what I want, without regards to decorum!"
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by Hardar4lag(m): 11:19pm On Sep 19, 2008
@poster i can see u are jst joking or taking d pple here for granted
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by zayhal(f): 1:54pm On Sep 20, 2008
It's not only in the toilet that one souldn't talk. It also applies to all dirty and/or stinking places like refuse dumps or open places where people urinate. one must keep silent in these places as these are where the jinns reside.
However, some scholars are of the opinion that one can talk in a toilet (if necessary) provided it's very clean, neat like d modern toilets we have today. but this has to be done while NOT urinating or defeacating. One should definitely keep the mouth shut while doing these acts no matter how tidy and clean d toilet is.
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by Gamine(f): 2:05pm On Sep 20, 2008
Rules without Reasons

@Kemi, it applies only to the muslims o

I love singing in the toilet mostly, because it echoes.lol

The Bacteria / germs here, are also the ones flying about elsewhere

So i will talk, eat, sleep in the toilet
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by zayhal(f): 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2008
There are good reasons for it. Even from a human reasoning, talking in the toilet is highly unhygienic. But even if we do not see this reason, as Muslims, what ever the Almighty God commands, we hear and obey without questioning the rationale behind it.
Islam is a complete way of life. We have rules guiding all we do. Alhamdulilah.
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by Gamine(f): 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2008
Ok,

What are the unhygienicities of this
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by lonelypal(m): 3:01pm On Sep 20, 2008
Regardless of the religious injunctions guarding this provison, it is not proper to talk while in the toilet, its a bad habit

@ Gamine
Are u a muslim? If not pls kindly leave this thread for muslims cos am sure ur not blind to realise this thread is for muslims
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by tpia: 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2008
olabowale:

One should not stay unnecessarily long in the toilet. Its not your bedroom, or living room, library , etc.
Its the toilet! Its the dirtiest part of the house!

@kemisuga (f): « #4 on: Today at 02:33:38 PM »
When the devil whisper, in suggesion to Adam and his wife, Eve, to go to the tree, against the Lord's warning/commandment, the sin committed by them was not just the hearing the whisper.

The sin they committed is the acting upon the whisper, what suggested by it. When you make the toilet your
your favorite room in the house, then you can expect to have all types of things that that may be ungodly running through your mind! Or do you choose the toilet as the place for you to think about God? Do you stay in the toilet, always fully dressed?

@ bolded: are you talking of pit latrine here or what. If the toilet is the dirtiest room in the house, then that means someone isnt keeping it clean like they ought to. Shows laziness, in these days of bleach, toilet cleaners, air fresheners, soap and water.

and was Eve deceived while she was in the toilet?

Even you should know the evil spirits you're afraid of, can meet you anywhere and not only in the toilet.
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by Gamine(f): 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2008
@Lonelypal.

*beep* *beep*

Will the muslims answer for the Christians?

i think not.

undecided undecided
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by EDIPO(m): 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2008
we may not be making sense here until we begin to back up our submissions with Hadiths.

talking in the toilet is forbidden. whatever is sanctioned in Islam is also good for our health.

i would look this up and send the hadith on this subject matter.

ma sallam.
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by Gamine(f): 4:08pm On Sep 20, 2008
Thank u.

Pls come back ASAP

i really need to know how talking in the toilet can make me ill.
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by ayinba1(f): 5:09pm On Sep 20, 2008
@Commonsense, Gamine and tpia

no matter how clean your toilet is, it remains the dirtiest part of your residence ( at least we hope) unless you defeacate elsewhere in the house. cheesy
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by Cayon(f): 5:53pm On Sep 20, 2008
@poster:

When I am on my throne (toilet) I don't like to be disturbed, hence no talking to anyone. I read instead. This has nothing to do with religion or hygiene. Just a concept of my mind.
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by Gamine(f): 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2008
How do you measure the dirtiness of a Toilet space?

Still i don't get why i shouldnt open my mouth or talk there

Same germs in that toilet can be found anywhere else.

undecided
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by tpia: 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2008
ayinba1:

@Commonsense, Gamine and tpia

no matter how clean your toilet is, it remains the dirtiest part of your residence ( at least we hope) unless you defeacate elsewhere in the house. cheesy

do you have a flushing toilet, or you still use pit latrine?

The mess in my own toilet goes straight to the underground sewers outside the house. Dont know about you. cheesy

So assuming you have a small child in your vicinity- do you take them to the toilet to do their stuff? Even small pikin wey dey wear diaper?
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by dragnet: 10:13am On Sep 21, 2008
Gamine's posts here just portrays & confirms what most christians chose to do all the time i.e. ARGUE BLINDLY EVEN WHEN THE TRUTH IS QUITE VIVID cuz her mind has been made up not to see reason just bcuZ it was stated by a "muslim". . . . . . . .

Gamine,lonely,tpia, . . why dont u tell me something eh?. . .Sumtyms, we eat at the dining table cuz dats d proper place ryt? . . .Sumtyms we take d food to d sitting room cUz we wAnA eat n waTch tv ryt? . . .Sumtyms, we eat at the kiTchen cUz we probably cnt endure taking d food away 4rm there ryt? . . .Sumtyms, we eat in d bedroom, 'brkfast in bed', . .Sumtyms we act 'weird' & we take our food outside or to the balcony & eat it ryt there 'no holds barred'. . . . .Now, y'all shuld tell me how many times u've taken ur food to the toilet or even the bathroom & eaten it right there even though its as clean as whtever? smiley

1 Like

Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by olabowale(m): 11:58am On Sep 21, 2008
@Tpia: « #13 on: Yesterday at 03:13:37 PM »

@ bolded: are you talking of pit latrine here or what. If the toilet is the dirtiest room in the house, then that means someone isnt keeping it clean like they ought to. Shows laziness, in these days of bleach, toilet cleaners, air fresheners, soap and water.

Obviously you will not set up your Kitchen in the same room as your fancy Commode/Baggett. Or will you. You will not set up yor living there either. You will not set up your dining room, breakfast counter in this same room, the toilet. Finally you will not set your bedding on the toilet putty! I don't know how lean you are. The cleaniest bathroom is not fit for any decent person to spend extended period in it, unless when it is uesd for the function it is design for; toileting, deficating, urinating, getting rid of waste materials!

Please not that in wealthy and opulent homes of noncompartmentalised designs, the dressing area is completely separated from the "Toileting area!" Get it now? Latrine, pits or the latest that will rinse your bottom and flush itself! Its still toilet.

However, if the toilet is the cleaniest room in your house, or no other place is better for every other activities and interactions that your Toilet room, I will summize that you are a very dirty person!

Funny enough that you have problem accepting that terrible ideas may come to the mind more frequently while in the toilet room. You do know that all normal people will say that they go to the toilet roo because they need to toilet, but not to go eat, read, talk, etc. Since when one is toileting, one is idle, there are many things that may enter as thoughts into the idle mind!

I wonder though that you have a big problem with this simple thing that the heart can easily accept, yet you have no problem accept a god walking around Jerusalem, in his long robe and long beard! If you are that gullible, then you should have known that he as not god when he could not defend himself against a group of ragtag Jews. You should have just drop that idea when he confirmed that he was not god by his crying out; my God, my God, !

and was Eve deceived while she was in the toilet?

Even you should know the evil spirits you're afraid of, can meet you anywhere and not only in the toilet.

I did not say that Eve was deceived in the toilet. What I said that even the devil made suggestions everywhere, and the suggestion was not a sin, It is the acceptance and the acting up it that is a sin! But just imagine it the devil made a compelling suggestion out there, can you imagine how many ways he will come at you in the toilet room? Many more time. Utilizing every strategy he has. You do use toilet and you do take showers or dont you? Try it, if you dont (lol), you will see how often you have many ideas running through your mind.
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by olabowale(m): 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2008
Just for kicks: Tpia bedroom smells just like toilet! How do you like that, tpia? You must be a very clean guy. NOT!
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by Gamine(f): 7:17pm On Sep 21, 2008
Hahaha

I cant count how many times i have eaten in the toilet oooh.

Even did it today sef
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by olabowale(m): 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2008
Thats funkie. nasty if you ask me. please there are somethings not for pblic consumptions. Yauky.
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by babs787(m): 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2008
- IT IS FORBIDDEN TO SPEAK IN THE TOILET, EXCEPT WITH SHARI'AH PERMIT.

"A man said salaam to the Prophet (saw) while he was in the toilet, he did not answer the salaam."An-Nasaa'i 37, Ibn Majah 353

Imam Nawawi said.
- It is allowed only for the necessity of the toilet, (eg. To ask for stones, or water.)
- Or to warn people in an emergency etc.

DO NOT ENTER THE BATHROOM WITH SOMETHING THAT HAS ALLAH WRITTEN ON IT.

In the case of things like money (e.g. in Saudi Arabia) it is permissible as long as it is put away as much as possible. (English is allowed)

Prohibited to go in to the Toilet with the Qur'an Nor make any zhikr or talk in the toilet.

THE DU'A FOR GOING TO THE TOILET

Zaid bin Arqam
The Prophet (saw) said: "This place is where the shayateen gather." Musnad Imam Ahmad 18800,Ibn Majah 296

This is why; the Sunnah is not to spend a lot of time in the toilet.

You enter the toilet by the left, and leave by the right. (Foot)

Imam 'Ali: "The Prophet (saw) said: "the cover of the awrah when he wants to enter the house of the shaytan (toilet), is to say bismillah, then to say A'udhubillah min al-kubthi wal- khaba'ith""[/b]Bukhari 142, Ibn Majah 297, Tirmizi 606

Anas reported: "When the Prophet entered the Toilet he said allahuma inni a'udhubika min al kubuthi wal khaba'ith" Bukhari 142, Muslim 375, Musnad Imam Ahmad 11536

[b]YOU MUST COVER UP AS MUCH AS YOU CAN WHEN YOU ARE IN THE TOILET.

It is recommended to cover yourself as much as you can when you are fulfilling your need.

Al Mughirah ibn Shu'ba: "I was travelling with the Prophet (saw), he asked me to take the lead, so I took it, after that he went to urinate, he went in such a way that no one could see him, and was wearing a shaami jubba, and showed only enough to fulfil his need."Bukhari 363, Muslim 274, Musnad Imam Ahmad 17668, Abu Dawood 151

It is a Prophetic etiquette, to cover yourself as much as possible.

"He left us to urinate in a place so dark and far away until we could not see him anymore." Muslim , Ahmad

"The Prophet (saw) was so far away that we could not recognise him"

When you leave the toilet say "Ghufranak"

A'isha said: "Whenever the Prophet (saw) left the toilet he said " Ghufranak"."Musnad Imam Ahmad 24694, Abu Dawood 30

Read more here:

http://www.ummah.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-67999.html
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by ayinba1(f): 11:08pm On Sep 21, 2008
@Babs

Thank you for this Hadith. I believe we need this reminder, sometimes we get carried away, may Allah subhana wata ala forgive us, Amin
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by kemisuga(f): 9:58am On Sep 22, 2008
Thank you all for your responses.

It is forbidden by Islam to talk, open mouth, eat in the toilet or dirty places (dumpings).

Pls, I want kno, wat is the different between mouth and nose? If you cant open your mouth to yawn or cough in the toilet, then your NOSE should be blocked too, thruout your stay in the toilet or passing by dirty places.

We can contact diseases in dirty places, do you kno how many germs travel with the air we breathe in?
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by javalove(m): 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2008
kemisuga:

Thank you all for your responses.

It is forbidden by Islam to talk, open mouth, eat in the toilet or dirty places (dumpings).

Please, I want kno, what is the different between mouth and nose? If you can't open your mouth to yawn or cough in the toilet, then your NOSE should be blocked too, thruout your stay in the toilet or passing by dirty places.

We can contact diseases in dirty places, do you kno how many germs travel with the air we breathe in?

Tell me it was ur last born that wrote all that !
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by kemisuga(f): 12:14pm On Sep 22, 2008
java, if it was my last born, then he is wiser than u.
Re: Muslims Dont Talk Nor Open Their Mouth In Toilets by tope2000(f): 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2008
maybe because they dont feel like talking undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Should Muslims Say 'Merry Christmas' To Christians Or Not? / Eid Ul Adha: Barka Da Sallah : Eid Mubarak / Ruling On Shaking Hands With The Opposite Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.