Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? (4271 Views)

Why The Prophet Married Lady Aishah? / Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by Softee(f): 10:22pm On Jul 08, 2006
??
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by shawna(f): 10:26pm On Jul 08, 2006
could u post the source where u got this story from
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by 4getme1(m): 10:29pm On Jul 08, 2006
@Softee,

The age of Aisha is debatable among Muslims themselves and has been attempted in another thread - Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims. There ajia23 has something to say about that.
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by Seun(m): 12:44am On Jul 09, 2006
It should be reattempted on this thread since the title is more suitable. Now you see why I fight against off-topic posts.
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by 4getme1(m): 12:56am On Jul 09, 2006
Lol, Seun. I see that now and others could make inputs to the topic. The thing is that there are loads of other questions that one may ask about what gives credibility to, or otherwise questions the authenticity of, the Prophethood of Muhammad.
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by hotangel2(f): 2:43am On Jul 09, 2006
Uhmmmm, Say what?? He married a 6 years old? Source? Please?
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by diddy4(m): 5:26am On Jul 09, 2006
hmmm, dis is ridiculous. is it true for real?
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by Logical(m): 12:24pm On Jul 09, 2006
Please always remember this revelations are from Hadith not Al-Quran.

* According to the generally accepted tradition, Ayesha (ra) was born about eight years before Hijrah. But according to another narrative in Bukhari (kitabu'l-tafseer) Ayesha (ra) is reported to have said that at the time Surah Al-Qamar, the 54th chapter of the Qur'an, was revealed, "I was a young girl". The 54th surah of the Qur'an was revealed nine years before Hijrah. According to this tradition, Ayesha (ra) had not only been born before the revelation of the referred surah, but was actually a young girl (jariyah), not an infant (sibyah) at that time. Obviously, if this narrative is held to be true, it is in clear contradiction with the narratives reported by Hisham ibn `urwah. I see absolutely no reason that after the comments of the experts on the narratives of Hisham ibn `urwah, why we should not accept this narrative to be more accurate.

* According to a number of narratives, Ayesha (ra) accompanied the Muslims in the battle of Badr and Uhud. Furthermore, it is also reported in books of hadith and history that no one under the age of 15 years was allowed to take part in the battle of Uhud. All the boys below 15 years of age were sent back. Ayesha's (ra) participation in the battle of Badr and Uhud clearly indicate that she was not nine or ten years old at that time. After all, women used to accompany men to the battle fields to help them, not to be a burden on them.

* According to almost all the historians Asma (ra), the elder sister of Ayesha (ra) was ten years older than Ayesha (ra). It is reported in Taqri'bu'l-tehzi'b as well as Al-bidayah wa'l-nihayah that Asma (ra) died in 73 hijrah when she was 100 years old. Now, obviously if Asma (ra) was 100 years old in 73 hijrah she should have been 27 or 28 years old at the time of hijrah. If Asma (ra) was 27 or 28 years old at the time of hijrah, Ayesha (ra) should have been 17 or 18 years old at that time. Thus, Ayesha (ra), if she got married in 1 AH (after hijrah) or 2 AH, was between 18 to 20 years old at the time of her marriage.

* Tabari in his treatise on Islamic history, while mentioning Abu Bakr (ra) reports that Abu Bakr had four children and all four were born during the Jahiliyyah -- the pre Islamic period. Obviously, if Ayesha (ra) was born in the period of jahiliyyah, she could not have been less than 14 years in 1 AH -- the time she most likely got married.

* According to Ibn Hisham, the historian, Ayesha (ra) accepted Islam quite some time before Umar ibn Khattab (ra). This shows that Ayesha (ra) accepted Islam during the first year of Islam. While, if the narrative of Ayesha's (ra) marriage at seven years of age is held to be true, Ayesha (ra) should not have been born during the first year of Islam.

* Tabari has also reported that at the time Abu Bakr planned on migrating to Habshah (8 years before Hijrah), he went to Mut`am -- with whose son Ayesha (ra) was engaged -- and asked him to take Ayesha (ra) in his house as his son's wife. Mut`am refused, because Abu Bakr had embraced Islam, and subsequently his son divorced Ayesha (ra). Now, if Ayesha (ra) was only seven years old at the time of her marriage, she could not have been born at the time Abu Bakr decided on migrating to Habshah. On the basis of this report it seems only reasonable to assume that Ayesha (ra) had not only been born 8 years before hijrah, but was also a young lady, quite prepared for marriage.

* According to a narrative reported by Ahmad ibn Hanbal, after the death of Khadijah (ra), when Khaulah (ra) came to the Prophet (pbuh) advising him to marry again, the Prophet (pbuh) asked her regarding the choices she had in her mind. Khaulah said: "You can marry a virgin (bikr) or a woman who has already been married (thayyib)". When the Prophet (pbuh) asked about who the virgin was, Khaulah proposed Ayesha's (ra) name. All those who know the Arabic language, are aware that the word "bikr" in the Arabic language is not used for an immature nine year old girl. The correct word for a young playful girl, as stated earlier is "Jariyah". "Bikr" on the other hand, is used for an unmarried lady, and obviously a nine year old is not a "lady".

* According to Ibn Hajar, Fatimah (ra) was five years older than Ayesha (ra). Fatimah (ra) is reported to have been born when the Prophet (pbuh) was 35 years old. Thus, even if this information is taken to be correct, Ayesha (ra) could by no means be less than 14 years old at the time of hijrah, and 15 or 16 years old at the time of her marriage.

These are some of the major points that go against accepting the commonly known narrative regarding Ayesha's (ra) age at the time of her marriage.

Now the question is why the emphasis? Since the age at which she married the prophet is not really known specifically?
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by Softee(f): 3:37am On Jul 10, 2006
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by ajia23(m): 7:35am On Jul 10, 2006
Unnecessary repetition. However, here is my reply again.

[b]Mlks_baby,

I seemed to have been in such a hurry to repudiate the inconsistencies in the examples cited by Gwaine, TayoD, Davidylan etc, that I decided to work based on their statements, without bothering to provide background proof. Thus my stance on making assumptions. But I took your advice and did some research the result of which is below.

@ Gwaine
I must confess, you and Davidylan and mlks_baby are very persuasive arguementators. If you should know, a lot of questions you raise here make me ask myself some questions which I hitherto would not have bothered to ask. But, just as I try to fix those scenarios into real life situations, and possibly view them from a human perspective or more accurately put, from your perspective, I also see other occurences which re-strengthenes my faith in Islam, which I suspect you may not know or will not even consider. So, while I try to understand the reason and rationale behind Fatima's marriage and some other sundry issues which prove the humanity and fallibility of the Prophet of Islam (SAW), I also see practical solutions to the myriad of modern day problems, like interest free banking, a strict moral code to prevent almost all the trouble between contending forces in today's world and a lot of other laudable aspects of Islam which are the primary cause for my attraction to the religion. Mention must also be made of it's practicality as regards dealing with people who are intent on persecuting you, self defence and cohabitation with people who do not share the same beliefs.

All these make me stronger as a muslim, even as your queries make me have a better understanding of some situations which existed in the time of the Prophet (SAW), his actions and reactions to those situations ( whether wrong or right), and if those same constraints apply to me, and whether I can possibly improve upon them by following the later day corrections to those situations. So, I wouldn't say for instance that the Prophet rode on a camel, and therefore it's compulsory for me to ride on a camel. etc. etc. I hope you understand that Muslims are required not to follow a dogma but the principles. This said, I went to research the validity of your proofs of Ayesha's age and found the following.

Deaths of Abu Talib and Khadija. In 619 C.E. Abu Talib and Khadija died. Among the Muslims the year 619
C.E. came to be known as 'The Year of Sorrow'. Abu Talib had been more than a father to the Holy Prophet.
In spite of the strong pressure of the Quraish he had protected the Holy Prophet. Khadija had been for the
Holy Prophet more than a wife. She had placed all her wealth ,which was considerable, at his disposal. She
had given him love. She was the first person to be converted to Islam, and had been a pillar of strength for
the Holy Prophet as well as the Muslims.

The passing away of Abu Talib and Khadija created a great vacuum in the life of the Holy Prophet, and he
felt very lonely and disconsolate. In this hour of bereavement Abu Bakr tried to console the Holy Prophet,
and he spent most of his time in his company. It was the endeavor of Abu Bakr that he should as far as
possible fill the vacuum created by the deaths of Abu Talib and Khadija.

Holy Prophet's marriage with Sauda. At the instance of Khawla bint Hakim the Holy Prophet married
Sauda bint Zama'a. Sauda was an elderly lady and was among the early converts to Islam. She was a good
housewife, and looked very well after the house and the children of the Holy Prophet.

Proposal for engagement to Ayesha. Khawla bint Hakim suggested to the Holy Prophet that he should
marry some young lady as well who could keep him company. Whom could he marry, inquired the Holy
Prophet. Khawla suggested that Ayesha the daughter of Abu Bakr would be a good choice. The Holy
Prophet left it to Khawla to pursue the matter with Abu Bakr. Khawla approached Abu Bakr, and his wife
Umm Ruman and made the proposal for the engagement of Ayesha to the Holy Prophet. Abu Bakr felt
honored at the proposal, but his difficulty was that Ayesha was already engaged to Jubayr son of Mut'im,
and it was against Abu Bakr's code of conduct to break his pledge. When this difficulty was brought to the
notice of the Holy Prophet, he said that God would Himself provide a way out of the difficulty.

Mut'im. Abu Bakr called at the house of A1Mut'im. Al-Mut'im was still a disbeliever, and Mu'tim's wife said to
Abu Bakr "O son of Abu Qahafa, suppose we married our son to your daughter, you would turn him into an
infidel, and convert him to your religion". Abu Bakr made no reply, but turning to Mut'im said, "What does
she mean? " Mut'im said indifferently, "She is saying what you have heard."

Abu Bakr said, "This means that you repudiate the engagement." "So let it be," said Al-Mut'im.

Ayesha's engagement to the Holy Prophet. At the repudiation of the engagement by Al-Mut'im, Abu Bakr
felt happy, and returned home relieved of a great burden. God had Himself provided a way out of the
difficulty. Abu Bakr hastened with the good news to Khawla, and asked her to invite the Holy Prophet to his
house. The Holy Prophet responded to the call, and formally asked for the hand of Ayesha. Abu Bakr was
overwhelmed with joy and emotion and said, "O Prophet of God, all that I have is yours".

At a simple ceremony Ayesha was engaged to the Holy Prophet. It was, however, decided that the
actual marriage ceremony would be held later.

Age of Ayesha. In most of the accounts that have come down to us, it is stated that at the time of her
engagement to the Holy Prophet, Ayesha was a girl of six or seven years only. This appears to be an
understatement. We have it on record that when Abu Bakr became a Muslim his children included Abdur
Rahman, Abdullah, Asma, and Ayesha. Abu Bakr became a Muslim in 610 A.D. and Ayesha must be at
least eleven or twelve years of age at the time of her engagement, and not six or seven years.

Now to his marriage,

Marriage of Ayesha. When the Muslims were duly settled in Madina, and the families of the Holy
Prophet and Abu Bakr had come to Madina, it was decided that the formal ceremony of the marriage of
Ayesha the daughter of Abu Bakr to the Holy Prophet should be performed. Ayesha was now of age.
The crisis of Islam was over. The Holy Prophet was no longer a persecuted person; he was now the ruler of
Madina. The Holy Prophet needed a young lady by his side whom he could love. One day early in 623 C.E.,
the Holy Prophet accompanied by his companions went to the house of Abu Bakr at Sukh to seek the hand
of Ayesha in marriage.

Ayesha's account of marriage. Ayesha has left an account of the wedding day in the following
terms: "The Prophet of Allah came to our house where many of the companions were waiting. My mother
brought me sitting in a litter on two poles. She made me descend; then she smoothened my hair, and
washed my face with water. Then she led me to the door of the house where she stopped until I regained
my composure. Then she took me to where the Prophet of God was sitting in our house, and made me sit
near him saying, 'These are your people. May God bless them through you, and you through them'. The
people then left, and the Prophet consummated the marriage while in our house."

After the marriage. After the marriage, Ayesha was assigned a separate quarter adjoining the
mosque. Ayesha was handsome, intelligent and eloquent, and the Holy Prophet loved her intensely. The
marriage brought Abu Bakr still closer to the Holy Prophet. There is a tradition that once a companion
asked the Holy Prophet whom did he love most, and he said 'Ayesha'. 'And whom do you love next'
asked the companion, and the Holy Prophet said 'Her father Abu Bakr'.

Now, it is worthy to note two points;
Firstly, The Prophet got engaged to Ayesha at above 10 years since her father became a muslim at 610 AD, and Ayesha (RA) was already born then, and the year of the engagement was 619 AD.

Secondly, She was with her family until 623 AD when He (SAW) finally married her. Meaning she was probably older than 13 years, assuming that she was born in the year 610 AD just before her father converted to Islam. So you can see that the reports of six or nine years are most probably wrong.

Fatima's marriage,

When the Holy Prophet migrated to Yathrib he left his family at Makkah. When the Muslims had settled in
Yathrib (renamed Madina) the Holy Prophet and the other Muslims called their families to Madina. At the
time of migration, Sauda an elderly lady was the only wife of the Holy Prophet whom he had married after
the death of Khadija. About a year after his arrival in Madina, the Holy Prophet married Ayesha, a
daughter of Abu Bakr.

By this time, Fatima, the youngest daughter of the Holy Prophet had come of marriageable age, and the
Holy Prophet had to consider the question of her marriage. Abu Bakr waited on the Holy Prophet, and
asked for the hand of Fatima. The Holy Prophet made no answer. Thereafter Umar asked for the hand of
Fatima and the Holy Prophet maintained silence. In the Arabian society of the day, the disparity in the age
of the bride and the bridegroom did not matter. The Holy Prophet married Khadija when he was twenty-five
and she was forty, fifteen years older than him. Later the Holy Prophet, when over fifty, married Ayesha
yet within her teens. When the Holy Prophet did not respond to the requests of Abu Bakr or Umar he was
not bothered about the age question; his silence was due to the fact that he had to wait for the guidance
of God which was wont to get in all matters of importance affecting his person.

After the Battle of Badr, Ali made his suit. The Holy Prophet told Ali that he would give his reply after
consulting Fatima. The Holy Prophet consulted Fatima, and she maintained silence signifying her assent. In
the meantime the Holy Prophet received the revelation that God approved of the marriage of Fatima
with Ali. When Fatima the mother of Ali called on the Holy Prophet to press the suit on behalf of Ali, the Holy
Prophet was pleased to announce his acceptance.

According to all accounts that have come down to us, the marriage of Ali and Fatima was an ideal
marriage. It was a union of two great souls. Hafsa, a daughter of Umar and later a wife of the Holy
Prophet wrote some verses highlighting the greatness of the pair. She said: Fatima is superior to
womankind in the world; she is the lady whose face shines as the full moon; she is the bride whose groom
excels all in Scholarship.

According to some authors Ali was twenty-one years old at the time of marriage, while Fatima was
sixteen years old. According to my research the date of the birth of Ali is to be placed around 599 C.E. and
on this basis he was 24/25 years old at the time of marriage. Fatima was born around 604 C.E. and on
this basis she was 19/20 years old at the time of marriage. There appears to be a tendency with the
writers of old to under estimate the ages of persons particularly women. In most of the books, for example,
it is said that at the time of her marriage with the Holy Prophet, Ayesha was a child barely nine years
old. Ayesha was more or less of the same age as Fatima or very nearly so, and was well within her teens
at the time of her marriage.

Undoubtedly the marriage of Ali and Fatima was an ideal marriage as the marriage was performed
by the Holy Prophet in accordance with the will of God, it could not be anything but an ideal marriage. As
an ideal marriage it should have been a happy marriage. In this context two aspects of the case need
special consideration. One is the economic factor and the other is the temperamental factor.

Now, having seen all these, you may accept or reject them ONLY if you can give proof of more authentic hadiths about these incidences. Most of this history is culled from Sahih Bukhari, and the commentary given by established Islamic teachers.

So, my friends please keep asking questions that attack the very morality that I cherish in Islam, so that I can put to test my knowledge about my beliefs.
Thanks[/b]
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by lioness(f): 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2006
6 year old Crap!

And thats what muslims are fighting for i guess ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 6 year old virgins to soothe their needs when they die  grin grin

Yeah he was known to always surround himself with young women- Adultery
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 16, 2006
He also died in her arms

From Ibn Hisham page 682:

, that he heard Aisha [one of Muhammad's wives] say: "The apostle died in my bosom during my turn: [the night Muhammad was to spend sleeping with her] I had wronged none in regard to him. It was due to my ignorance and extreme youth that the apostle died in my arms."
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 16, 2006
most sickening,imagine a little girl still playing with dolls with an old 53 year old monster.

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 151: Na 'Aisha: I used to play with the dolls in the presence of
the Prophet, and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Apostle used to enter (my
dwelling place) they used to hide themselves, BUT the Prophet would call them to join and play
with me. (The playing with the dolls and similar images is forbidden, but it was allowed for
'Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty.) (Fateh-al-Bari
page 143, Vol.13)
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by lioness(f): 10:54am On Jul 17, 2006
so this is true? sad

Sad,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so sad
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by Softee(f): 3:24pm On Jul 17, 2006
Yes it is not known her age specifically but the quran does state that she swang on swings and played woth dolls. Does a person older than 12 do this?
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by ajia23(m): 10:10am On Jul 18, 2006
Softee

Firstly, the Quran never said what you alleged. Secondly, do not use todays standards to judge yesterday. Who said an 18 yr old cannot play with dolls or swing?
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by lioness(f): 11:40am On Jul 18, 2006
Standards

What would an 18 yr old be doing playing with dolls. Or is she retarded tongue
Moreover, its written in your quran that " Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty" What time does Puberty start ? Did you say 13yrs? well it says she had not yet reached 13yrs.
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by Gwaine(m): 12:19pm On Jul 18, 2006
lioness:

Moreover, its written in your quran that " Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty" What time does Puberty start ? Did you say 13yrs? well it says she had not yet reached 13yrs.

Perhaps you meant the Hadith (not the Qur'an)?

Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 151
Narrated 'Aisha: I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the Prophet, and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Apostle used to enter (my dwelling place) they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet would call them to join and play with me. (The playing with the dolls and similar images is forbidden, but it was allowed for 'Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty.) (Fateh-al-Bari page 143, Vol.13)

Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234:
Narrated Aisha: The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.

Abu Dawud, Vol. 2, Number 2116:
Aisha said, "The Apostle of Allah married me when I was seven years old. (The narrator Sulaiman said: "Or six years."wink. "He had intercourse with me when I was 9 years old."

Tabari IX:131
My mother came to me while I was being swung on a swing between two branches and got me down. My nurse took over and wiped my face with some water and started leading me. When I was at the door she stopped so I could catch my breath. I was brought in while Muhammad was sitting on a bed in our house. My mother made me sit on his lap. The other men and women got up and left. The Prophet consummated his marriage with me in my house when I was nine years old. Neither a camel nor a sheep was slaughtered on behalf of me.”
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by lioness(f): 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2006
This their prophet na really ruuuuuuuuuuddddddeeee boyyy LMAO grin grin grin
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by Softee(f): 2:05pm On Jul 18, 2006
Even so, what would a 50-60 year old prophet be doing with an 18 year old

DISGUSTING!!
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by Gwaine(m): 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2006
Aisha wasn't 18 when 54 y.o. Muhammad married and had his way with her. Even if a 65 year old married an 18 year old, I would have no problem with that. But Aisha herself testified that she was only half that age (9 years old) when the prophet had intercourse with her (Abu Dawud, Vol. 2, Number 2116) - and this is the very thing that the general Muslim community and imams would not want the world to know about; so they excuse it away with "no one knows her true age when it happened!" Puleeeeze!
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by Softee(f): 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2006
It is quite obvious this girl was a little girl when mohammed had sexual intercorse with her even if her age isn't specific. I don't know why you muslims keep trying to stick up for a pedophile. Instead you should want to get the hell away from this instead of striving to get 72 virgins in heaven (ever wondered what happens when they run out). Please muslims this is not the reality of heaven. You should be running to give your life to Christ and walking with a real Man of/in God who walked in the form of humans in order to save us from nonsense like this!!

Have an open mind for Christ![color=#990000][/color]
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by Gwaine(m): 2:17pm On Jul 18, 2006
@Softee, don't make excuses for Muhammad by saying Aisha's age wasn't specific when he had his was with her. She was 9 years old when it happened - she said so herself:

Abu Dawud, Vol. 2, Number 2116:
Aisha said, "The Apostle of Allah married me when I was seven years old. (The narrator Sulaiman said: "Or six years."wink. "He had intercourse with me when I was 9 years old."

I know u're not making excuses for him, but I thought you should know that Aisha was specifically a 9 y.o. minor when Mo' took her to bed and ¤¤¤¤¤!! Urrgggghhh!!
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by lioness(f): 3:55pm On Jul 18, 2006
Jezz! men thats horrible. I never really knew all this angry
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by Softee(f): 1:15am On Jul 19, 2006
God help us,
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by Nobody: 1:35am On Jul 19, 2006
We have talked about this pedophilic tendendecies of a prophet so much in other threads and I am so sickened.
I wish to draw our attention,however to the current after math of being a child bride besides the psychological damage,
Thousands of girls and women in Northern Nigeria (Christians and Muslims) living with a condition called vvf,literally a connection between their bladders and  vagina ,some to the rectum  brought about primarily by prolonged labor sometimes days of labor on these immature girls who are unable to push out the babies due to underdeveloped pelvic bone.

I am in no way soliciting funds for this mission,I am not an agent but if you decide to help after reading this,I'm sure God will bless you.
The awareness is mainly what I'm after.

http://www.sim.org/categorylist.asp?fun=12&fun2=1&prid=146

http://www.newsfromafrica.org/newsfromafrica/articles/art_10217.html
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by micklplus(m): 1:26pm On Jul 21, 2006
shocked shocked shocked shocked Omg shocked

This is for real !
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by Gwaine(m): 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2006
Well, that's life - and that's for real!
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by GeekGirl(f): 11:24pm On Jul 21, 2006
I'm not a Muslim and I'm not a radical Christian either. However, out of my own curiosity regarding the world's different religions, I have learned a lot about different ones. The short and simple answer about Muhammad marrying a 6 year old is this:

Yes, Muhammad married the girl when she was 6 years old. However, that was a POLITICAL move.

HE DID NOT have an adult relationship with her, UNTIL she was OF AGE.
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by debosky(m): 11:28pm On Jul 21, 2006
I guess being 9 years old is of age to you then.

no need trying to justify something like that, admit it happened and move on.
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by Gwaine(m): 11:49pm On Jul 21, 2006
@GeekGirl,

I'm not convinced that Muhammad's marrying 6 year old Aisha was a political move - and one would have to wonder if Muhammad was then a Prophet or a Politician.

Second, for a man over 54 years of age to have had carnal knowledge of a 9 year old girl is inexcusable - and the girl in question was NOT of age when it happened!
Re: Mohammed The "prophet" Married A 6 Year Old: How Can This Be A Man Of God? by GeekGirl(f): 1:43am On Jul 22, 2006
My badd, everybody. I could have sworn that in my readings (somewhere) it said that she was a WOMAN when he had sex with her. If that's not the case, and apparently it's not -- because the documents posted on the thread were of her own words -- then that's inexcusable.

However, to be fair, there are many ethnic groups around the world that marry off 9 year old girls and the girls are mothers by the time they're 11 years old. And, that's going on NOW. What happened with Muhammad was over 1400 years ago. If we are going to be outraged by stuff like this, let's be outraged by the stuff going on NOW, and maybe a difference will be made.

(1) (2) (3)

Is Mastubation A Sin? / A Proof To Show That No Lame Has Been Healed By Miracle In Nigeria / CONSEQUENCES of the ONCE Saved/always Saved" Heresy or OSAS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.