Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Opening A Boutique In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Opening A Boutique In Nigeria (29348 Views)

Can #500k Open A Boutique In Lagos? / Wanna Start Up A Boutique, Anybody With Idea Of The Cost? / Opening A Pharmacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opening A Boutique In Nigeria by lissom: 11:30am On Jul 09, 2006
hello Nairalanders, I want to open a boutique. I need some professional advice and opinions.

Talking about buying designer clothes and shoes (nike,adidas,puma,Tm and the likes) i heard they are cheap in countries like Ghana,Togo,cotonou because i heard thats where most of the boutiques in lagos and some other places get there stuffs from am not so sure how true it is but if you have been there can you tell me more about it and where to get the cheapest and best stuffs from clothes to shoes to caps and their price ranges and also the amount it costs when converted to naira.

Or are there better places to get them in nigeria?

If you have any ideas of where i can get it for cheaper wouldnt mind if u can talk more about it.

And like how much do i need to start up the business.

Also i would also like to get your advices on the best city and environment to locate the boutique. Your advices and opinion are invaluable. Thanks a lot.
Re: Opening A Boutique In Nigeria by DeepSoul(f): 10:11am On Jul 11, 2006
I think you should consider other business options. Wheneva I see a new boutique opened, I'm aggravated. There are wayyyyyyy too many boutiques in extistence already (atleast in the city where I stay and definitely other major cities). That's not even the issue. Problem is, at the end of the day, you end up making little or no profits (if u'r lucky!) In other cases, you end up running at a loss! I've seen it happen to lots of pple and I wonder why others keep wanting to join the train. Look around and u see loads of boutiques with "sales" posters stuck all over their windows. The selling price ends up being less than the cost price which shdnt be so! There are very few boutiques in Nigeria that can boast of making enough profits. To me, it isnt a lucrative business. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Opening A Boutique In Nigeria by layi(m): 10:25am On Jul 11, 2006
You need at least 2Million to start a nice boutique.

Apartment Rental (Allen-Ikeja,awolowo rd-ikoyi, adeniran ogunsanya-s/lere) - #500,000 (2yrs)
Furnishing and Neon signs + start up adverts - #500,000.
Clothes (designer shirts, jeans, caps footwears)- #1,000,000.

Just go to dubai to source them. Dubai is like the commercial center of the world. Stuffs are relatively cheap there because its a free trade zone (no taxes)

BUT[/b]I would [b]not advise you go into it. Its not that lucrative. Most people i know complain about not making sales/profits.
Re: Opening A Boutique In Nigeria by Seun(m): 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2006
I guess it's not lucrative anymore because supply exceeds demand. Why not look for a different business?

Don't think that because you are a woman your business must be related to fashion. You could sell inverters and make money. Power inverters that will help people deal with NEPA. I'm using one right now. wink
Re: Opening A Boutique In Nigeria by mubaraqqq(f): 11:46pm On Jul 16, 2006
hey seun

what are power inverters, i read a little about but seems like it will be more expensive than the generators being used in nigeria now.
Re: Opening A Boutique In Nigeria by TASHANICE: 6:34pm On Sep 21, 2006
smiley HI I JUST CAME ACROSS THIS SITE, BY THE WAY GREATAND INFORMATIVE I AM A BLACK ENGLISH WOMAN WHO HAS INTERESTS IN NIGERIA , ONE OF MY IDEAS IS TO OPEN A BOUTIQUE FOR CHILDRENWEAR AND/OR WOMENSWEAR IN NIGERIA,MANY OF MY FRIENDS SAY IF YOU ARE A FORENIGER FROM UK PEOPLE WILL FLOOD YOUR SHOP, AFTER READING ALL YOUR COMMENTS I AM IN SEPRERATE MINDS NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK, IS THRE ANYTHING IN NIGERIA THAT IS IN DEMAND RIGHT NOW OTHER THAN BOUTIQUES
Re: Opening A Boutique In Nigeria by Seun(m): 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2006
Electricity is very much in demand. And tertiary education. wink
Re: Opening A Boutique In Nigeria by hermosa(f): 11:48am On Apr 05, 2011
@Tashanice i don't know if being a foreigner is really a plus but i still you should go ahead and open a boutique if your products are good quality for an affordable price.
I wanna open a boutique in ABuja later this summer too, and i kinda need advice. All my stuff are gonna come from China though. clothes, shoes, accessories. is that a good or a bad thing. need advice a.s.a.p!!
Help me!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opening A Boutique In Nigeria by LagBlogger(m): 12:07am On Nov 22, 2011
Re: Opening A Boutique In Nigeria by totustus(m): 4:43pm On Jan 24, 2012
I'm actually interested in supplying boutiques in Nigeria. I'm a Nigerian based in America and i currently have a ton of exquisite designer items that are all brand new with tags attached and 100% authentic. I currently sell on ebay and other sites but was looking to expand to supplying quality boutiques in Nigeria.
My items include Dolce & Gabbana, Alexander McQueen, Gucci, Etro, Armani Collezioni, Emporio Armani etc. I'm talking about some very nice and very expensive items that I sell. We are one of the few smaller companies that Neiman Marcus and Off saks fifth avenue contracts to sell their surplus items so all our items have the aforementioned store tags still on them.
Feel free to contact me if anyone is interested in exploring more about this opportunity

1 Like

Re: Opening A Boutique In Nigeria by osaroodion(m): 6:47pm On Jan 24, 2012
lets discuss business. mail me on osaroiy200@yahoo.com
Re: Opening A Boutique In Nigeria by lolafaj: 4:28pm On Oct 11, 2012
totustus: I'm actually interested in supplying boutiques in Nigeria. I'm a Nigerian based in America and i currently have a ton of exquisite designer items that are all brand new with tags attached and 100% authentic. I currently sell on ebay and other sites but was looking to expand to supplying quality boutiques in Nigeria.
My items include Dolce & Gabbana, Alexander McQueen, Gucci, Etro, Armani Collezioni, Emporio Armani etc. I'm talking about some very nice and very expensive items that I sell. We are one of the few smaller companies that Neiman Marcus and Off saks fifth avenue contracts to sell their surplus items so all our items have the aforementioned store tags still on them.
Feel free to contact me if anyone is interested in exploring more about this opportunity

Quick question for you. How can I get in touch with a wide customer base? I am a Nigerian based in America also and I am close to completing my product line. They are all made in America and of course on the high end. I need to reach a wide audienece fairly quickly.

Excited about sharing my product with the world. Just wanted to get your perspective since you are into sale of luxury (what i call quality) items.
Re: Opening A Boutique In Nigeria by Fertilenigeria: 2:18pm On Jun 09, 2015
You can start boutique business with any level of capital starting from 20,000 Naira. This is because there are so many many areas you can specialized in. You can even start with tokumbo undies, handkerchief, etc. All you need is the idea and the need motivation to start this business. You can read you guide here on how to start a boutique business in Nigeria http://infoguidenigeria.com/how-to-start-fashion-boutique-business-in-nigeria/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opening A Boutique In Nigeria by Mabsboutique(f): 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
Hello everyone, I have a ton of jewellery from Topshop, Wallis, Miss selfridge and Dorothy Perkins and I am looking to connect with buyers in Nigeria. I operate from the Uk but I have samples available to view in Lagos at the moment. If you are interested, you can contact me at weliket885@gmail.com.
Re: Opening A Boutique In Nigeria by Homeyfav: 4:25am On Oct 31, 2017
Re: Opening A Boutique In Nigeria by iseeicome: 10:46am On Nov 02, 2017
Re: Opening A Boutique In Nigeria by businessguide: 4:45pm On Feb 18
Visit www.businessguide.com.ng to view list of boutiques in Nigeria
Re: Opening A Boutique In Nigeria by businessguide: 4:47pm On Feb 18

(1) (Reply)

Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled / 2021 Is The Best, How I Made My First Millions / Brief Profile Of The New Board Members Of Etisalat Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.