Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Debunking Palestinian Lies And Myths - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Debunking Palestinian Lies And Myths (1720 Views)

Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council / Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House / The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Debunking Palestinian Lies And Myths by Nobody: 3:43am On Sep 21, 2008
Myth 1: - Gaza a humanitarian crisis and a concentration camp

The sister-in-law of former British prime minister Tony Blair has called Gaza a "concentration camp" and a "humanitarian crisis on the scale of Darfur."
Journalist and activist Lauren Booth was being interviewed by left-wing anti-Israel activist George Galloway on Press TV, an Iranian English-language 24-hour news channel based in London, earlier this month.

I want to say thank you for using the word concentration camp because the word prison has been applied in the last few years and that's a lie. In a prison you get three meals a day, a nourishing diet, visits from outsiders and some hobbies and rehabilitation and a date for your release," she said.

Fact: - see for yourself

1. Darfur - A real concentration camp and humanitarian crisis

2. Gaza - Iftar Ramadan feast in Lauren Booth's "concentration camp".

3. Lauren Booth shopping in a computerised, well stocked grocery store in Gaza (surely citizens of Darfur would give anything to enjoy this type of "humanitarian disaster".
Re: Debunking Palestinian Lies And Myths by bawomolo(m): 4:55am On Sep 21, 2008
the usual suspects would claim this is propaganda
Re: Debunking Palestinian Lies And Myths by 4Play(m): 10:21am On Sep 21, 2008
I remember a few years ago,while I was in Nigeria,I was listening to the BBC World Service on radio and there was a story on Palestine. As usual,it was about the everyday tribulations of Palestinians under "Israeli occupation".  The Palestinian began his moan by mentioning that things were so bad,electricity and water was running only about 12-15 hours a day.

Electricity and water running only 12-15 hours a day? There I was in pitch black darkness, thanks to NEPA, and only access to water is a self-provided borehole, and the Palestinian people's comparatively far less difficulties is given such saturated media coverage. 

In many parts of Africa,people are starving to death,yet you see a constant stream of obese Palestinians on TV talking about Israeli atrocities.
Re: Debunking Palestinian Lies And Myths by Thor(m): 10:25am On Sep 21, 2008
Just goes to show how backward Nigeria really is embarassed embarassed

Re: Debunking Palestinian Lies And Myths by Afam(m): 5:19pm On Sep 21, 2008
Seems the originator of this thread is sad that the situation in Palestine has not gotten as bad as what you have in Sudan.
Re: Debunking Palestinian Lies And Myths by TopBanana: 4:50pm On Sep 26, 2008
Things would realy be bad when all Palestinians die. Great isn't it. Since Palestine is paradise I wonder why tourist never go there.

(1) (Reply)

Ethnic Politics In The Uk / Obama And Us Military Did Not Legalise Sex With Animals / 30 South African Men Killed In Ritual Circumcision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.