Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama (6465 Views)

Which Country Is The Most Difficult To Invade? / 419 Reasons To Love Nigeria / Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by iceland(m): 4:55pm On Sep 22, 2008
Brash!:

@poster

u don't have to love Obama and it shouldnt bother you!
Abi o.I dont know what's giving him headache.Look and discuss your own president for naija and leave OBAMA to run his american politics
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by DejiYesufu(m): 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2008
undecided Obama will loose; McCain will win. America has not changed. Racism will take another century to be purged from them. wink
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2008
Typical Nigerian mentality. If my choice wins, it is Fair game; if he looses, it is ojoro, in this case, RACISM!!
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 22, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I love the way it is RACISM if he looses and no more about simple politics as it has always been in america from the beginning.

A poll was conducted last week that for the first time revealed what we've all been saying (except for the blind) that racism is the main reason McCain even has a chance in Nov. Had Clinton been running do you think McCain would beat her? And yet her policies and that of Obama are virtually the same.
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by landis(m): 5:46pm On Sep 22, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I love the way it is RACISM if he looses and no more about simple politics as it has always been in america from the beginning.

American was not built on any democracy or simple politics.

It was built purely for the Europeans that left Europe.

1. if america is democratic why was 'communism party members haunted to death?

2. why was the red-indians wiped-out?

3. why was it after 400yrs no black or red-indian is president?

That said, Obama wins/losses nothing but 'pure politics of survival'; thats america way of life.
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Kobojunkie: 5:48pm On Sep 22, 2008
I love the way it is all based on assumptions presumed to be facts. In this case, based on assumptions turned facts, if obama looses, it is RACISM, if he wins, it is politics as usual. This reasoning is seriously flawed.  Sure it is survival but this is politics, you win or you loose, it is politics. Selectively labeling it racism just cause you can is rubbish. Trying to pretend to read the minds of americans to the extent as to claim that all those who do not vote for the one person are bigots is just ridiculous.

I don't know anyone who is looking back into history before he or she casts his vote this election. Trying to connect events of 400 years ago or 50 years ago to this election is where your problem might be here. Elections are elections. People vote for one or the other. Trying to demonize the one side for not voting for the other is terrible.
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I love the way it is all based on assumptions presumed to be facts. In this case, based on assumptions turned facts, if obama looses, it is RACISM, if he wins, it is politics as usual. This reasoning is seriously flawed.

Do we need to educate you on the Bradley effect, dumbo? It doesnt seem you have the capacity to reason, merely repeating the same debunked nonsense like clockwork.
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 22, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I love the way it is all based on assumptions presumed to be facts. In this case, based on assumptions turned facts, if obama looses, it is RACISM, if he wins, it is politics as usual. This reasoning is seriously flawed. Sure it is survival but this is politics, you win or you loose, it is politics. Selectively labeling it racism just cause you can is rubbish. Trying to pretend to read the minds of americans to the extent as to claim that all those who do not vote for the one person are bigots is just ridiculous.

I don't know anyone who is looking back into history before he or she casts his vote this election. Trying to connect events of 400 years ago or 50 years ago to this election is where your problem might be here. Elections are elections. People vote for one or the other. Trying to demonize the one side for not voting for the other is terrible.

Dont be so dumb . . . READ THE NEWS!

Poll: Racial views steer some white Dems away from Obama

WASHINGTON (AP) — Deep-seated racial misgivings could cost Barack Obama the White House if the election is close, according to an AP-Yahoo News poll that found one-third of white Democrats harbor negative views toward blacks — many calling them "lazy," "violent," responsible for their own troubles.

The poll, conducted with Stanford University, suggests that the percentage of voters who may turn away from Obama because of his race could easily be larger than the final difference between the candidates in 2004 — about two and one-half percentage points.

I'm sure these people know much better than you do. We arent labeling it racism "because we can", we do so because we can see!
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by benyboy(m): 6:25pm On Sep 22, 2008
abeg make u nah free obama.come to tink of it,is mcain beta?i obama grin grin is young,black n i jst love him!!! grin
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by RichyBlacK(m): 6:51pm On Sep 22, 2008
landis:

American was not built on any democracy or simple politics.

It was built purely for the Europeans that left Europe.

1. if america is democratic why was 'communism party members haunted to death?

2. why was the red-indians wiped-out?

3. why was it after 400yrs no black or red-indian is president?

That said, Obama wins/losses nothing but 'pure politics of survival'; thats america way of life.

Correct yarns right there!

Kobojunkie is just another blind Republican. She's probably Ann Coulter's black sister.
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by edgecution(m): 7:03pm On Sep 22, 2008
Leave the poster alone. Most Nigerians are supporting Obama just cos the Guy's Black. It does not bother me Anybaga can win! cool
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by mayrho(m): 7:22pm On Sep 22, 2008
really funny you guys, Obama is in america, u guys are dissing urselves here, ooga pls what do you guys gain whether he wins or looses, what does it add 2 u, if you don't live or work in america, a citizen or a green card holder.
abeg make una find job, if una get beta tin use una time do, make i share my work, when una finish am u fit start to fight untop mother Theresa pseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by TOYOSI20(f): 8:03pm On Sep 22, 2008
. . . . . . . Isn't ery1 entitled to their own opinion. . . . . , undecided embarassed
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by savanaha: 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2008
It profits me neither way whether Obama looses or wins, lives or dies. Reading from the Topic I thought the poster had something to say however based on his nonsense rants I wonder if he has yet become attained the common sense that should come naturally or atleast with wisdom teeth.

Now unto Kobojunkie I really have to wonder if the rubbish this person spews is even believed by him/her. Now I understand when people say someone is just spewing jargon and going around in a circle. How is it that now it is simple politics if Mccain wins. On the headline of google and Yahoo since Saturday there has been a report based on [size=16pt]Polls[/size] that reveals democrats don't want to vote for Obama because he is black. Mind you Kobo Obama is biracial but white Americans call him black and therefore are not willing to vote for him. How is earthly possible that after 68 yrs of going down the drain you will vote for the same party for the same time if not moronic racism.

While it is quiet entertaining to debate with you (Kobo) after a while it starts degenerating brain cells as you go round and round in a circle as if to purposefully confuse yourself. You claim that politics is not race motivated however, a few months a go you were preaching that people are only voting for Obama because he is black. Which one is it or do you only go with the best argument to serve your own purpose.
Now I get the comment :"the great black dope"
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by kadman(m): 8:31pm On Sep 22, 2008
Obama dug his own grave by not picking Sen Clinton as vice. That was the height of his inferiority complex. And that's the reason I'm indifferent to him.
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by kadman(m): 8:40pm On Sep 22, 2008
Anyone speaking against kobojunkie is proving to be a big foolish slowpoke ( excuse my tautology ). Kobojunke has said in at least 3 posts that he/she is not stating their opinion but telling you what the POLLS are saying. Try doing some googling or at least open Yahoo's front page before ranting.
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by savanaha: 9:03pm On Sep 22, 2008
kadman:

Anyone speaking against kobojunkie is proving to be a big foolish slowpoke ( excuse my tautology ). K[b]obojunke has said in at least 3 posts that he/she is not stating their opinion but telling you what the POLLS are saying.[/b] Try doing some googling or at least open Yahoo's front page before ranting.

Could you please explain what you mean or have you not been on google or yahoo on a few days.
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Kobojunkie: 9:07pm On Sep 22, 2008
savanaha:

It profits me neither way whether Obama looses or wins, lives or dies. Reading from the Topic I thought the poster had something to say however based on his nonsense rants I wonder if he has yet become attained the common sense that should come naturally or atleast with wisdom teeth.

Instead of simply disagreeing with him, you choose to insult him for having an opinion different from yours and you think that makes you wiser than he is or better in some way?

savanaha:

Now unto Kobojunkie I really have to wonder if the rubbish this person spews is even believed by him/her. Now I understand when people say someone is just spewing jargon and going around in a circle. How is it that now it is simple politics if Mccain wins.

So it is jargon to say that McCain can actually win this? Or is the election run by the media and what the media says or does not say?

savanaha:

On the headline of google and Yahoo since Saturday there has been a report based on [size=16pt]Polls[/size] that reveals democrats don't want to vote for Obama because he is black. .

So if a handful of interview democrats do not want Obama to win because he is black means Obama will not win?

Does this mean that all persons who choose not to vote for obama for other reasons are automatically RACISTS cause they did not vote for Obama?

Does this then mean that it is in stone from his birth that he will win this election or everyone who does not allow him win is a RACIST?

Are you sure you thought these through?? Last I checked, Obama has been head to head from the beginning with McCain. There are two men in this race, each wanting to win and suddenly, you guarantee that Obama is the winning cause of poll numbers that fluctuate on a daily basis and interview of a handful of Americans?? You must feel you is a genius !!!

savanaha:

Mind you Kobo Obama is biracial but white Americans call him black and therefore are not willing to vote for him. How is earthly possible that after 68 years of going down the drain you will vote for the same party for the same time if not moronic racism.

I am sorry but the very fact that you are so concerned about his skin color auto puts you on the same list as those you want to condemn here. Are you sure you are clean yourself??

First off, millions live in the same America and are wrought with ill feelings as you seem to be. Your idea of down the drain is someone elses idea of wonderful years. So again I ask you, are you sure the problem is not that you are trying to demand everyone think and see things as you do, if not RACISM is the only reason for their having a different opinion?

savanaha:

While it is quiet entertaining to debate with you (Kobo) after a while it starts degenerating brain cells as you go round and round in a circle as if to purposefully confuse yourself. You claim that politics is not race motivated however, a few months a go you were preaching that people are only voting for Obama because he is black.

There are people out there, and I believe you seem one of them who will vote for obama mainly because of his race. Are you sure you are not a racists in that sense( if that be your MAIN reason)? There are people who will vote for him cause of where he stands on issues? There are those who will vote for him because of his economic plans for the country and there are those who will vote for him simply because they like his hair or his tee-shirt. For you and those who think as you do to try to BRING IT ALL down to just RACE, that is what I find ridiculous and dishonest on all levels. For an article on google and yahoo to suddenly be made a yard-stick on how racist Americans , must point out, white Americans are, is totally immature move and shows how desperate you seem to want this man to win and are not willing to accept that he could actually loose like many who have tried before him have in the past.

savanaha:

Which one is it or do you only go with the best argument to serve your own purpose.
Now I get the comment :"the great black dope"

Good for you. If you want to be a black dope, that is your choice. But I hope you go get yourself checked cause you seem to have an obsession there. If you ask me, a racist obsession. Are black racists better than white racists?? Or are racists simply racists across the board? Becareful cause your answer might reveal the extent of your condition.
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Kajiang02(m): 9:19pm On Sep 22, 2008
H've we realy spent time to analyse and explain mor of our Politics
@poster
hw does ur liking or hating Obama mke him loose or win
People luv him 4wat he is and som hate im,
Fix urself somwere or nowhere in dis issue and rest.
wat we shld tink of rite nw is hw much Nigeria stand to benefit in d nu US govt
no matter who wins
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Sep 22, 2008
Kajiang02:

H've we realy spent time to analyse and explain mor of our Politics
@poster
hw does ur liking or hating Obama mke him loose or win
People love him 4wat he is and som hate im,
Fix yourself somwere or nowhere in this issue and rest.
what we shld think of rite nw is hw much Nigeria stand to benefit in d nu US govt
no matter who wins

Do you mean how Nigeria stands to benefit from the Nigerian president currently sitting in office?? We never even chop benefit from our own leaders, we dey look 1000’s of miles away to chop benefit from the president of another people. LMAO!!!
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by kewe(f): 10:55pm On Sep 22, 2008
lol
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by zaragoza(m): 11:08pm On Sep 22, 2008
@topsido
U are full time retard this is evident in ur poor sense of judgement and biased views. For ur information mc cain ran d worst advert. For instance wen obama was tryin 2 compare iran wit russia he said iran was a tiny country compared to russia. Mc cain camp immediately brought out an advert sayin dat obama called a nation developin nuclear weapon "tiny" thereby leavin out d actual message. Latest gallup & fox news poll shows dat obama is leadin. Cal a spade by its name the war in iraq is failed war. Is it compulsory dat obama must mention martin luther in his acceptance speech. Infact topsido u ar such a big fool.
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Joseph6(m): 11:09pm On Sep 22, 2008
we all know topsido loathes obama probably because he was hangin out at an event with the likes of britney and paris hilton
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by tpia: 11:54pm On Sep 22, 2008
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by whenllu: 1:31am On Sep 23, 2008
@ All, Landis has said it all, he who has ear let him hear!
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by na2day2(m): 2:13am On Sep 23, 2008
hopefully u also know mccain has used that statement many times and he clearly wasnt referring to the workforce, even on one of the fox news segment, the condemned that statement. and karl rove of all people thot mccain misfired on that one
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by nzeaji(m): 8:34am On Sep 23, 2008
mayrho:

really funny you guys, Obama is in america, u guys are dissing urselves here, ooga please what do you guys gain whether he wins or looses, what does it add 2 u, if you don't live or work in america, a citizen or a green card holder.
abeg make una find job, if una get beta tin use una time do, make i share my work, when una finish am u fit start to fight untop mother Theresa pseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww

ABI-OH!!!!!!!
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by carmelily: 10:50am On Sep 23, 2008
I am not sure i like Barack Obama anymore, although i know this does not take a whool from his suit, i can be sure many people will be seeing what am seeing. No wonder he lost many supporters recently and dropped in polls.

- He recently released an add where he captured McCain saying "the fundamentals of our economy are still strong", he didnt bother to know what McCain said in whole, rather he chose to repeat a single, five-second clip. This is immoral, i think.

- I notice Sarah Palin's accusations were true. Obama never uses the word 'Victory' for his country, rather he uses it when he is reffering to his own campaign.

- He carries himself in a superior aura, talking down on anyone to have his way,, he talked his pastor down (though the man is a hate monger and deserves it), he talked church going folks down when he said "the middle class stick to religion or gun because of their frustration"

- He never mentioned "Martin Luther kIng" in his hour-long speech so as not to be seen as a "believer in black emancipation". His party made him speak on the anniversary of "i have a dream" speech, yet he only managed to refer to my MARTIN LUTHER KING JNR. as just 'a young preacher from Chicago'.

- He talks about CHANGE as if America is not the Americaa that we all know. Am not saying America is perfect but if you must preach change in such a succesful country, you do it with all humility, not like a savior has come!

- He said a day before the Gustav "in situations like this we don't have time for small politics" as if he was going to hit states to do some work or support the displaced with his presence. That guy could just be annoying, talking to people as if they were morons,

- He dishonours life of those American soldiers lost in the war when he keeps hammering it was a failed war. We all know the war turned out bad, but why call your country a failure to win a cheap political point?

at what point in the thread do you plan to give a valid reason why you don't like the man?
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Topsido(m): 1:27pm On Sep 23, 2008
Joseph6:

we all know topsido loathes obama probably because he was hangin out at an event with the likes of britney and paris hilton
Yes i party with the likes of paris Hilton and britney spears but our relationship ends there. I dont go as far as defending them in court or buying blood money estates from them!
zaragoza:

@topsido
You are full time retard this is evident in ur poor sense of judgement and biased views. For ur information mc cain ran d worst advert. For instance when obama was tryin 2 compare iran wit russia he said iran was a tiny country compared to russia. Mc cain camp immediately brought out an advert sayin that obama called a nation developin nuclear weapon "tiny" thereby leavin out d actual message. Latest gallup & fox news poll shows that obama is leadin. Cal a spade by its name the war in iraq is failed war. Is it compulsory that obama must mention martin luther in his acceptance speech. Infact topsido u ar such a big fool.
I dont need to point out any of your phrases. Merely quoting it, i have emphasized your folly!
Yes, he'd bettter not mention Martin Luther at all than refer to him as 'a young preacher from Chicago'
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Topsido(m): 1:42pm On Sep 23, 2008
TO ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO WANTS TO DIE FOR OBAMA SIMPLY BECAUSE OF YOUR INFREORITY COMPLEX (BECAUSE YOU FEEL AN AMERICAN WILL SOLIDARATE WITH YOU IF EVEN YOU ARE BOTH BLACKS-----

Obama has a peachant for bringing his highest critics on board, like the biblical good shepheard, he will leave a hundred sheep to save one, just to be succesful in his 'journey of self discovery',, for your information Joe Biden his running mate was bitterly antagonistic to him so much that sometimes i wonder if his personal ego and human rights has not been touched. Hillary mocked him so much that all her supporter could do was to laugh,
Sure the man is a fine young man and talented, i should ordinarily be attracted to his type because am a lover of rhetorics myself, something he offfers in aboundance, the point am making to all you blind supporters in Nigeria (Likes of the professor woman of NSE, the gboromidelerus, the gberudanis) Obama does not care what clor skin u have in as much you are a registered voter, so, as a Nigerian u can be free to voice ur opinion,, to dislike him or not, He is a star , so his personality is now subject to public scrutiny, be it for serious or entertainment purpose!
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Topsido(m): 1:49pm On Sep 23, 2008
On a lighter mood,
wink
I was a staunch obama supporter until an African-American lambozed me in a chatroom that they dont need our support (Nigeria's). That they can do their thing by themself. I left the chat room quietly to attend to the work my oga gave me!
WEll, no be dem fault, na since our president don go white house go dey laugh like small pikin wey dem carry go amusement park ow one yeye blacky no go talk me rubbish even when we support thesame cause.
As far as am concerned Obama can be no better friend of AFrica than Bill Clinton!
Re: I'm African But Find It Difficult To Love Obama by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 23, 2008
operation show urself 4 nairaland. dem nor even know weda mccain get okpolo or obama get eye lashes,
all of dem won talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? / Evidence Of Life On Mars With PIX / A Thread For Nazi and WW2 History Enthusiasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.