Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

I Would Like To Visit Cotonou. How Can I Get There? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Would Like To Visit Cotonou. How Can I Get There? (5683 Views)

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls / Cotonou, Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Would Like To Visit Cotonou. How Can I Get There? by omogenikky(f): 11:31am On Jul 10, 2006
Hi,
I would like to visit Benin republic. Can anyone please give info on
1) how to get there from Lagos and average cost of transportation
2) how to change naira into francs
3) is it possible to go and come back in a day
4) what is there to see in Benin and which city is closest to Lagos

I am not going there to shop. I stay in the US, will be in Lagos and would just like to visit the place. Some of my friends from school went there for an internship last year and seemed to find it strange that I hadnt been there. You know, the way people regularly cross the border to mexico and canada or from france to Italy etc.
So I made up my mind to go there, sort of like a cultural experience.

Anyway, please reply if u can tell me how to get there. Thanks.
Re: I Would Like To Visit Cotonou. How Can I Get There? by layi(m): 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2006
I doubt if you can go and return same day. You can get a bus to seme from Mile 2 and then to cotnou from seme (border). You can change your notes at the border.
Re: I Would Like To Visit Cotonou. How Can I Get There? by LoverBwoy(m): 8:25pm On Jul 21, 2006
you'll need a visa as a nigerian-by origin!!
it'll cost u $100 we made it cheap just for u grin; our first customer we can make it cheaper if u refer 3 people a year for the trip

overnight accommodation included, 2 meals and a snack of ur choice too (please we dont do burgers n chips, but we'll try 7up n bread) grin

just joking

u should be able to get there by bus from lagos but watch out for over friendly custom officers n police

did ur friends go through nigeria ?
Re: I Would Like To Visit Cotonou. How Can I Get There? by Sammiejo: 10:01am On Sep 05, 2006
U do not need a visa to visit any West African country. You only need a passport. The West African agreement allows any west african in to a country in the zone for 60 days with out a visa.
Re: I Would Like To Visit Cotonou. How Can I Get There? by lolobukkie(f): 2:21pm On Sep 16, 2006
hi am a copper serving at the border town to cotonou. it is called idiroko in ogun state u can cintact me if u wanna go there and can also arrange u a hotel or prefered accomodation and also take u around . can u speak french? well if no no problems we corpers here cross to cotonou anytime any how.u can get to me by calling 08032182045.
Re: I Would Like To Visit Cotonou. How Can I Get There? by Ollie39: 4:31pm On May 13, 2007
If you go by air you can go and return in a day. You don't need a visa.
Re: I Would Like To Visit Cotonou. How Can I Get There? by biilwwu(m): 4:31pm On Mar 01, 2011
Go by air and return the same day,change ur naira to lira at airport have a pleasant trip. Dont forget no visa,but passport

(1) (Reply)

Study In Finland/sweden/norway / Flight With Nigerian Airways / Dana Air Begins Owerri-Abuja Flights May 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.