Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Is Christianity Just A Religion Or A Way Of Life? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christianity Just A Religion Or A Way Of Life? (2726 Views)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / Is Christianity True? The Greatest Conspiracy Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Is Christianity Just A Religion Or A Way Of Life? by affee(f): 11:27pm On Sep 25, 2008
I started this thread, and I indicated that atheist contributions are not welcome.

Mazaje, even if U do not belive in God U should at least be able to respect other peoples wishes.

thank u
Re: Is Christianity Just A Religion Or A Way Of Life? by AKO1(m): 12:10am On Sep 26, 2008
This thread has obviously gone off course.

David and Lady, y'all are in a similar argument here ; you should have left this alone. cry
Re: Is Christianity Just A Religion Or A Way Of Life? by Nobody: 12:21am On Sep 26, 2008
A_K_O:

This thread has obviously gone off course.

David and Lady, y'all are in a similar argument here ; you should have left this alone. cry

sorry A K O . . . the thread was opened after this had gone on for long. Apologies.
Re: Is Christianity Just A Religion Or A Way Of Life? by mazaje(m): 1:01am On Sep 26, 2008
affee:

I started this thread, and I indicated that atheist contributions are not welcome.

Mazaje, even if You do not believe in God You should at least be able to respect other peoples wishes.

thank You

why should i respect a belief that partly teaches and promotes death and voilence. . . . . .
Re: Is Christianity Just A Religion Or A Way Of Life? by Nobody: 1:09am On Sep 26, 2008
mazaje:

why should i respect a belief that partly teaches and promotes death and voilence. . . . . .

but u "respect" islam enough to not go disturb their own threads?
Re: Is Christianity Just A Religion Or A Way Of Life? by mazaje(m): 2:14am On Sep 26, 2008
davidylan:

but You "respect" islam enough to not go disturb their own threads?

i agree that there is no level playing ground here on the religious forum, i don't distub because i dont want to get banned. . . .
Re: Is Christianity Just A Religion Or A Way Of Life? by Lady2(f): 3:03am On Sep 26, 2008
Where did i ever mention Ps 23 AT ALL or as a prayer? Do you just make things up as you go along? Where did i ever insinuate that the prayers we say MUST be in the bible?

If the prayers must not be in the bible then why are you questioning the rosary, if i want to count with chicken fingers what is it to you?
if i am saying the Lord's prayer and i say i want to say it ten times and i throw stones in the air to count, what is it to you?
will you die from it?
i am asking about psalm 23 bcus it too is a prayer just as the rosary, if your prayer is not from the bible, then stop throwing stones.

You still haven't shown how the Hail mary is unbiblical, the glory be is unbiblical, the Lord's prayer is unbiblical, the apostle's creed is unbiblical, the scripture that is used for meditation is unbiblical, because that's what the rosary prayer is, we just don't see why we need to call it the "hail mary, glory be, apostle's creed, scripture used for meditation prayer" sorry but that's a mouthful. So when you are able to use scripture, that you love so much to refute the above then you can come up and respond to me.

Until then go and learn christian virtues and yes they are in the Bible. You may want to learn that there are not 9 commandments but 10.
Re: Is Christianity Just A Religion Or A Way Of Life? by Nobody: 3:42am On Sep 26, 2008
~Lady~:

If the prayers must not be in the bible then why are you questioning the rosary, if i want to count with chicken fingers what is it to you?
if i am saying the Lord's prayer and i say i want to say it ten times and i throw stones in the air to count, what is it to you?
will you die from it?
i am asking about psalm 23 bcus it too is a prayer just as the rosary, if your prayer is not from the bible, then stop throwing stones.

You still haven't shown how the Hail mary is unbiblical, the glory be is unbiblical, the Lord's prayer is unbiblical, the apostle's creed is unbiblical, the scripture that is used for meditation is unbiblical, because that's what the rosary prayer is, we just don't see why we need to call it the "hail mary, glory be, apostle's creed, scripture used for meditation prayer" sorry but that's a mouthful. So when you are able to use scripture, that you love so much to refute the above then you can come up and respond to me.

Until then go and learn christian virtues and yes they are in the Bible. You may want to learn that there are not 9 commandments but 10.

no problem ma'am. by all means go ahead and count with your hair if u want.
Re: Is Christianity Just A Religion Or A Way Of Life? by Nobody: 3:44am On Sep 26, 2008
mazaje:

i agree that there is no level playing ground here on the religious forum, i don't distub because i don't want to get banned. . . .

Understandable.
Re: Is Christianity Just A Religion Or A Way Of Life? by Lady2(f): 5:16am On Sep 26, 2008
no problem ma'am. by all means go ahead and count with your hair if You want.

Thank you.
Re: Is Christianity Just A Religion Or A Way Of Life? by affee(f): 7:47am On Sep 26, 2008
mazaje:

at what time has christianity taught (partly or in full) or promoted death and violence
get your facts straight.

mazaje:

i agree that there is no level playing ground here on the religious forum, i don't distub because i don't want to get banned. . . .

so you would not go to a muslim thread for the fear of getting banned
but you can say whatever you like on a christian thread because no matter what you say we wont get annoyed and you wont get banned
if you can respect the wishes of the muslims then please respect our wishes too
it is not that hard is it?

(1) (2)

Nigerian Secular Artists To Turn Gospel Artists / Is It Legal For A Man To Marry His Widow's Sister? / GREAT ERROR In Deeper Life Bible Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.