Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,052 members, 7,838,656 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (500598 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 8:01pm On Aug 16, 2007
no its the MU kids that aren't good enough, Arsenal's best young stars are representing their countries another tournament, we sent 15yr old kiddies to this one so y'all can feel happy. thats why Fran Merida, Nacer Barazite and our other stars are absent at this tourney smiley
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2007
debosky:

no its the MU kids that aren't good enough, Arsenal's best young stars are representing their countries another tournament, we sent 15yr old kiddies to this one so y'all can feel happy. thats why Fran Merida, Nacer Barazite and our other stars are absent at this tourney smiley

And who did you send to last season's Youth FA Cup?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 8:07pm On Aug 16, 2007
stop muddling up issues ma friend! grin

its the same kiddies we sent to the youth cup because the best out of them had been promoted to the reserve league.

I know you want to parrot about the win at OT in the semi's. old gist my friend!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 8:11pm On Aug 16, 2007
@ I-man,

Touche.

I cannot recollect how many times wankking Gunners have come here to say they have got the best youth academy in the land.
Blimey, United kids despatched em with ease last season. I couldnt believe ma eyes.
Arsenal are pretenders in everything they do.
Money-wise . . . . . .They are inferior to Man Utd despite staying in the capiital.
Popularity . . . . . . They have the largest fanbase in Lagos. Unfortunately, they don't contribute ZILCH to their coffers. Debosky and many Gunners don't even have Arsenal's authentic football shirts. They all made it in YABA and customised it somewhere else to look sizzling. tongue tongue tongue
Achievements . . . . . .Not in this life again. When would Arsenal ever reach the heights Man Utd have been? Until OBJ becomes a BNP member. grin
Even Chelski with all their money are projecting year 2020 to be a brand like Man Utd.
Let it be known United have been a brand now as far as back as when Arsene Wenger was still wearing diapers smearing his bib with a hot cappuccino.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 8:16pm On Aug 16, 2007
Don't talk about my loyalties or contributions to Arsenal FC, I am an official club member with official merchandise and official sweat from the players sef! my subscriptions pay a sizable chunk of Wenger's wages so don't even go there grin grin

Jackal I'm doing too many things at this point to tear your scummy behind to shreds, so have a field day for now.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 8:24pm On Aug 16, 2007
@ Debosky,

Are u sure?
Where is your season ticket?
Whats your membership number?
How many times did u travel with the gunners on an away match last season?

Negro puhleeeeeeeeeease, Official shirts are just the revenue generated to water the pitch at the Emirates.
I recognise the real fans and not the Nairaland fans and the TV fans we have flying everywhere on this thread talking about loyalty.
40% of the gunners i know jumped boat when Jose Mourinho arrived at Chelsea.
Majority of the Chelski fans(NIGERIANS) were all Gunners just 4 years ago so it makes u wonder where their loyalty lies.
Look at Ashley Cole . . . . . . A player who grew in the academy and was being taunted as a shiny star that will lead the Gunners like John Terry/Fat Frank of Chelsea suddenly jumps boat.
Freddie Ljunberg says Arsenal has no ambiiton.
Ian Wright(AN ARSENAL LEGEND) prevented his adopted son from joining the Gunners and recently said Arsenal's title challenge is watery and wont come better than 4th position.
Arsenal and Loyalty are like Osama Bin Laden and Americans.
Matter of factly . . . . . .  .Loyalty should be the opposite of the word ARSENAL FC. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ma scummy behind? I wont let u get behind me u pervert!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is that why your team is spelt from ARSE + ANAL.
Was that why Jose Mourinho called Wenger a Viewer?
Freddie and Henry ran away from Arsenal because Wenger was alleged to be shoving his flabby cock in the men's washroom when players are bathing after a match.
Arsene WenGAY should be his name.
Buncha SCHMUKZ
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by rikkyjen(m): 8:57pm On Aug 16, 2007
I cant believe it, Uniteds thread is on Par with 'em Gunners thread grin grin grin grin grin. At last, its on the same page after playing catchup with 'em for almost 2 years!!!!. This is how 'em Gunners would chase us this season without catching up with us.

Even with all Osama's suppourt , heard, hes a diehard Gooner, and all the Agberos suppourt in lagos ( They constitute 60% of the gonners in Nigeria), Assnal is winning Nada this season!!!!

Even if Mukina likes, she can hire more thugs in SeneGambia grin, Assnal is not moving up from their perenial 4th place!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2007
I wonder why anyone should take IanWright-Philips seriously or maybe the big Q is when did he become Tunde Bakare to predict that Arsenal will whaaaaaaaaa?  undecided  angry

or Ljungberg that traded away the respect peeps had for him courtesy of his longevity in service by talking about ambition  embarassed

5,000 pounds was enuff to make Ashley Cole leave his home club  sad

what exactly is ur point ? MR JACKAL  

been supporting Arsenal since 1991, Loyika since 89, Vieira, Sir Kay and Debosky too have been long-standing, so if others choose to jump ship cos of Kanu (who told u it was cos of Moaninho that peeps joined Chelshit ) so be it for them, we cant all be loyal or understand what it entails  cool

so pls get it into ur brain that we dont care what u feel about us, all we know is . . . SCUM WILL ALWAYS BE SCUM  grin  grin

@Rikkyjen

its been Jackal's lenghty diseing session tht kept the thread up, NOT MEANINGFUL DISCOURSE, SORRY TO BURST UR BUBBLE tongue cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 9:04pm On Aug 16, 2007
sharrap rikky grin

no be gunners posts make your thread long reach this one? you should be thanking us for the honor of having our posts on this thread wink

anyways, I need some advice - how reliable is Setanta Sports? I'm dying for some real premiership coverage and they have a $149 dollar a year package for 145 premiership games on broadband, not all are live though, though they have a better selection than any regular TV channel

Jackal do you know anything about them? I was thinking of getting Fox Soccer Channel but their coverage is not impressive, plus CL coverage is supposed to be on Setanta too.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by rikkyjen(m): 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2007
debosky:

sharrap rikky grin

no be gunners posts make your thread long reach this one? you should be thanking us for the honor of having our posts on this thread wink

anyways, I need some advice - how reliable is Setanta Sports? I'm dying for some real premiership coverage and they have a $149 dollar a year package for 145 premiership games on broadband, not all are live though, though they have a better selection than any regular TV channel

Jackal do you know anything about them? I was thinking of getting Fox Soccer Channel but their coverage is not impressive, plus CL coverage is supposed to be on Setanta too.

Yo Debo, although i dont have Setanta, but peeps who have it say its dope + they have a deal with MUTV to show all our matches live ( Uniteds ofcos) grin grin. So sit ur Voyeuristic red ass down on a Swiver chair and a Panelled table and watch as United gungoho and romp itself back to 1st place. The only problem is that this setanta thingy go dey make u cry cos u go dey watch as ur team dey loose week in week out (Anyway dats the gunners tradition, so you are used to it) grin grin

FSC on the other hand, E get as he be. They dont show all the EPL matches, most times its Live!, but forget CL on FSC!!!. Only highlights!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2007
thanks mate, trust you scheming scummies to get your fingers in the pie as well.

I was thinking of FSC on cable, but thats too much hassle, have to talk to my landlord and all, Setanta seems to be a good option.

Me Cry? don't you worry about that, imma subscribe right now so i can watch your demise at the hands of SGE on sunday wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2007
@ Debosky,

The monopoly shizzy is not only in Nigeria, it has affected UK viewers as well but u have to be one step ahead of these blood-sucking TV companies.
There are 380 premiership games in a season. SKY SPORTS normally show 88 live games and 50 games on anutha PPV(Pay-Per-View) channel which is £50 for a season if u pay early or if u want to buy per match . . . .Its £7.

After last season, they scrapped PREM PLUS because of SKY's alleged monopoly and Sentanta sports joined the frame.
This season, SKYSPORTS will show 92 LIVE Premier league games and SETANTA will show just 46 games LIVE.
Most of the mouth-watering head to head games were awarded to SKYSPORTS and Sentanta were left with scraps and some little bit of Champions league games. I watched Arsenal's game of yesterday on Sentanta and its £10 a month(Buncha tweeks).

Unless u are a soccer-maniac like me . . . . .You don't really need Sentanta but i cannot bear not watching Man Utd play so that made me join Sentanta Sports channel. Then we have another dodgy company who sets up mini-dish satellites at the back of the gardens for us.
Council workers are clamping on em these days because it means 2 mini-dishes(INCLUDING SKY'S) on your wall and they think its GROTESQUE.
These peops have no registered  companies so they can't be traced but u get to watch all the 380 games in the Premiership as long as u can bear Indian and Afghanistan commentaries. You get to watch any match which are sometimes transmitted from any TV station be it HELL TV.
That works as a one time payment of between £200-£300 and its urs till RAPTURE. I have been with em for 18 months and they always deliver although i can't stand the language but they don't show any stupid commercial ads. You watch the players march from the tunnel to the kick-off unlike SKY who doesnt show all those bits to us.

In all . . . . . it depends on the size of your pockets . . . . I love football and i try to watch every Man Utd match on TV be it the Youth, Reserves or the Senior members.
Setanta Online . . . . . .I guess they will be streaming the live feed of the Setanta sports TV so u get to watch extra matches every saturday.
I have seen their match fixtures and most of em are crap. You will never get to watch a head to head game like the one on sunday on Setanta sports but they will come good during the Champions league.
I would advice u to buy anything buyable to watch your darling team. No amount is too much for me to watch the RED DEVILS.
Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 10:37pm On Aug 16, 2007
If I don't get Setanta, I have to be stuck with Rogers Sportsnet (crummy Canadian channel). Those geezers used to show three games every saturday but no sunday games, but now they've been reduced to just ONE game every weekend? What a load of bollocks. angry

I'm so pissed right now, but I might just have to opt for setanta, one miserly game without choice isn't good enough. and its true about the head to head thingy, the Manchester derby is live (darn scummies angry) but the plonkers dont show Arsenal's game till 8am Eastern Time angry

they have 145 games in total though, I should be able to watch chelsea p'mouth and a few others this wkend. I cant fork out 150 smackers right now, i'll go monthly till I decide how good the service really is. Till then, I'll be scouring the net for any shylock footie showing website out there.

FSC isn't any better, they're schedule is scantier than the hair on Razorr's head grin

I gotta get my arsenal fix, and I need it from NOW. Thanks mate
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by beetintin(m): 11:12pm On Aug 16, 2007
@ muki,

I no run o. I just dey busy over here.

The season is just how many days old sef?

Have we lost the title yet?

Like Iman said, lets wait till winter and see what pans out. cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:18pm On Aug 16, 2007
@ Debosky,

The whole stuffs is fuckery but i cannot really blame these TV companies. The FA are the plonkers.
SKY paid £1.3billion to the FA to show 92 live premier league games and other football competitions this season.
SETANTA paid £392 million to show 46 LIVE premiership matches as well . . . . . .
In total, SKY paid £5billion for the coverage of all sporting competition throughout the season.
It makes u wonder how Sports now became Hollywood . . . . . .The FA made so much money from this TV deals they decided to give football clubs in the premier leagues enough funds for them to mount serious challenges in the Premiership.

You cannot really blame the TV companies because how would they break even with the amount of money these TV rights are being bought.
They keep arguing if they show more matches on TV the stadium will remain empty and that will take the English football tradition away.
Traditions? When u break this down its the fans like You & I (soccer addicts) that bear the brunt.
You want to watch all 'em matches, buy football shirts and other merchandises, season tickets, membership cards u must renew every season and matchday programme magazines delivered to your doorstep every match day.
On top of it all, My club will buy a player like SAHA who would be on the bench for 7 months and play for just 2 months when part of my hard -earned income pays his wages. You gotta feel ma anger for 'em good-for-nothing players like Louis.
Ferguson must either use him after the internationals or sell him . . . . . . .enough is enough for lazy players.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 11:28pm On Aug 16, 2007
I feel your pain man, all the TV networks are now slicing and dicing up the games with no reliable one to cover em all! angry

but for peeps not in the UK they should show as many games as possible, afterall there is no freaking way i'm going to travel across the North Atlantic to watch every game live angry

and these dumb ass Canadian broadcasters take too much shit from the yankees too, Fox Soccer Channel has all the good games, but the disabled Canadian cuzzin Fox Sports World Canada will be showing some shyte 'archives' from 2002 with NO premiership games shocked

Setanta is what i'll have to make do with, and them illegal underground sites with chinese/arabic commentary. angry

and to talk of good for nothing players, I'm not paying to watch useless Alex Song ruin a gunners jersey either. that hairy badger better be sold soon. I'm sure once Bertie, Denislon and Diaby come back, he's return to his usual position of 5th choice. just sell the loser and buy quality. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by rikkyjen(m): 11:45pm On Aug 16, 2007
As for me, if FSC is messing up or my cable bills is dusty in one locker, i just switch to ma bootleg sites. Thats why ichange my anti-virus stuff like crazy, i search for the latest antivrus to use cos only God knows how many viruses i don catch.

Is it Sopcast? TV Ants, Channelsurfing? PP Mate? Which bootleg sites i no sabi? grin grin grin All to watch my team!Foot ball is another part/branch of my life i wont swap for a lotta tangible materials thing people would even die to get!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 12:03am On Aug 17, 2007
@ Rikkyjen,

Its either u are a frigging geek or a NETIZEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You expose yourself to that amount of VIRUS because of soccer?
Dayyyyyyum, i am sure u wldn't mind HIV itself to watch 380 games, would ya? grin grin grin grin grin
I think we have to start filing lawsuits against these TV companies.
If Obese people have the gall to sue McDonalds, Smokers have the guts and audacity to sue tobacco companies then i think i am entitled to sue SKY for making me such a soccer-addict.
They have been flashing the matches on Sunday on SKYSPORTS TV since last Sunday(8 days ago).
Blah, blah, blah . . . . . .Reh, reh, reh, the Manchester Derby . . . . . . .the 1st head to head of the season, Chelsea versus Liverpool.
Even if i don't have money to buy this matches . . . . . one can go out there to do some car-jacking or some sorta stick-ups. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Debosky, Rikkyjen and whoever needs Soccer rehab . . . . . . .Please lets start suing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by amodu(m): 7:11am On Aug 17, 2007
Jackal, up United.

i have told you to deceit from wishing us bad luck but you insist.

I pray it continue like this for united (goaless draw, 1-1, 2-2, 3-3) etc. grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 10:11am On Aug 17, 2007
Before the season kicked off, I made predictions concerning the form of new players especially those in Manchester United and Liverpool.

ManU - Tevez, Nani, Anderson

Liverpool - Torrez

I still stand by that prediction. Tevez would need till some time in December to adapt and start making a difference to the squad. Nani and Anderson wont shine for most part of the season if not all due to the pressure on them to do otherwise.

Torrez wont shine this season.

This weekend would expose Liverpool's resolve for the title. Anything less than a win would be totally unacceptable. They have to justify their spendings. They have to justify it this season.

Though the first few games would have no bearing whatsoever on the season, The first few months will. I think the first 8 or so games would give us a slight clue to who will be thereabouts. If we (chelsea) are allowed a difference of 4 games (12 points) from the rest of the contenders than it may be safe to put the title away - now this is just me dreaming.

ManU can definitely not be written off - though the injuries would affect the team and put undue pressure on new comers ( some one up there wears blue).

Arsenal though regarded as underdogs may push hard. Though i feel they will break between January and march. However, i think they are not far from at least a cup this season.

Liverpool CAN not contend for the title, but maybe in another 17 or so years grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 10:43am On Aug 17, 2007
Now thats what we want to see/hear cool

Thats the Somze we expect!!

Showing a mix of Fan Loyalty, with a tinge of Objectivity, thats all thats required of all fans cool

Here is my take on the Season;

UNITED WILL NOT RETAIN THE TITLE cool

As you can see, i am being Loyal to my Club cool, and at the same time, showing the much lauded "Objectivity!" in my analysis as well.

Nice one Bro cool Keep it up cool

cool GOONER 89/
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 10:52am On Aug 17, 2007
Loyika
Whats up man? Heard there's so much shooting in your area.
Better stay in doors oh.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 10:54am On Aug 17, 2007
loyika:

Here is my take on the Season;

UNITED WILL NOT RETAIN THE TITLE cool

grin grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 11:04am On Aug 17, 2007
@ Somze

Oboy na wa oh!!

INDOORS IS MY MIDDLE NAME!! wink

Man can you imagine angry, a chic had the guts to tell me to come see her (and she lives where shootings have been taking place) angry Someone i had been runzing for a while now, and its NOW she wanted me to come visit her angry at night for that matter shocked shocked[b] B@TCH IS MY NAME RAMBO[/b] angry

Man!! My Pastor warned us that the devil comes in all shapes and disguises!!

Oh well, guess we all will soon start packing "GATS" in this town cry.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 11:06am On Aug 17, 2007
Eeeeyaaaa. . . Sorry o. cry

I guess that means no sex for a while. Damn! How would you cope? I could give you some wanking tips if you want. wink grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 11:14am On Aug 17, 2007
loyika
grin grin grin

Dont mind the girl.
But did you not know she stays in town / marine base before you started runzing her. grin

Man leave the girl for now o or ask her to come stay with . . . cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:17am On Aug 17, 2007
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

ASSOCIATION OF PESSIMISTS.

Tevez will not SHINE this season.
Anderson and NANI will also struggle and reh, reh, reh . . . . . . . . .Thats a bag of bollocks.

2 of the players mentioned here have shone already.
Did any of y'all rival fans watch the game during the mid-week at all?
Ohhhhhhhhhhh , . . . . . . . . .Now i get it, many soccer heads cannot watch games because of the DSTV/HITV impasse.
It has condemned pundits like Loyika, Somze and Dr. KIT to beer-parlour gists and newsagents loose talks.
I saw TEVEZ for 90 minutes during the midweek and he was the best player bar SCHOLESY on the pitch.
NANI has already justified his price-tag and he is fast becoming a cult-hero. Anutha dozen virtuoso performance from him this season should see him as favourites to win United's player of the year.

Retaining the title? Its a function of many variables as mathematicians will say it.
I must admit, this is not the best of start for Man Utd but it could prove harmless if Man Utd main rivals also stutter like Man United have done.
Check this . . . . . . .When Chelsea mounted a serious challenge last season after the defeat at Anfield, everyone including maself thought(for a day) United might slip and fall apart.
However, when United slipped at Pompey . . . . . .Chelsea also failed to win at St. James's park.
United were also held by Boro at OT and Chelsea drew with Everton, Bolton, Arsenal and Man Utd.

In other words . . . . . . . . .United are still favourites as long as CHELSEA slips up as well.
I will only write off United if Chelsea wins the next 8 games and United fails to match Chelsea's results.
Its a function of many variables but the odds are seriously stacking up against Man Utd
Arsenal and Liverpool will be close to the BIG 2 but i doubt they have the clout to match their strength in depth.
The only cup available to Arsenal/Liverpool is the Carling Cup and that is if Jose Mourinho doesnt roll out his senior team to fight for it. grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Banderas(m): 11:24am On Aug 17, 2007
Somze - here's my own take.

The reality of things is going to set in this season. Liverpool can't win chelski without a fully fit Gerrard. Then again, if Essien is out, things may even out. Sticky I say.

Chelsea is going to find this season unbelievably difficult if they continue playing the way they do. They will concede goals, and they won't always score. Lamps is going to underperform greatly this season. Drogba will also struggle - any manager worth his salt has read and understood his game by now.
Arsenal - it's going to be one hell of a battle, but sincerely, I don't see them being out of the top two.

Manchester United - They will struggle this season ( the word struggle here is used relatively - they will still make the top 4 for sure)

Liverpool - In my opinion, they will finish 4th. That is the best they can do. They have an excellent striker, a dodgy midfield, and a shaky defence. They simply don't at the moment have the firepower and options the rest of the top four have.

In my opinion, this season is actually going to be determined by head-to-heads, and the resulrs against the upper-mid table teams - (Man City, Newcastle, Portsmouth, to mention a few). These teams are probablygoing to end up being the kingmakers of the premiership. I'd like to see Drogba whine play when he is man-marked in a game againts newcastle.

I think Birmingham and Sunderland are going to stay up. I fear Bolton is doomed.

Jackal - as you will see, Tevez is far from the amazing footballer that you think he is. Oh, he's a good player when he gets every single pass, but as part of a team, I sure hope Manure isn't relying on him to perform magic. He's good, but not that good. Anderson and Nani are quite good, but will only shine against the lower teams, any mid-table team will wipe them out (I'd like to see Nani play against Robbie Savage) Also, Bingo, relying on a slip up from the top team for success is not good tactics, as Chelski found out last season, and as Arsenal has shown Manchester United several times.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 11:29am On Aug 17, 2007
Le Chacal grin grin

You are a Clown grin.

Somze and Kitaun stay in lagos, so they probably watched all the games.

I saw the highlights of the Scum game on the Prem Highlight show on DSTV. (Watched the Chelsea vs Reading game live!)

So you ain't saying anything. All the beautiful footie does not get you SHIT, if you don't convert your chances tongue tongue

Besides mate, if you keep talking bollocks, i will report you to your council for illegal Satelite connections grin grin (How many Dishes did you say you had again wink).

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:34am On Aug 17, 2007
@ Banderas,

You will start seeing Tevez's magic in the coming months.
How i wish he is starting with a striking partner so he can always drop off and cause damage.
His combo with Bobby Zamora(a mediocre player) last season was immense and he single-handedly dragged West Ham out of relegation.
Let it be known . . . . . . .I have known Carlitos since 2004 when he represented Argentina @ the OLYMPICS.
If he had been playing in a big European club early, he would have been more developed and exposed than the likes of Messi and co.
TEVEZ is class and he is marginally better than Wayne Rooney.
You have not seen 10% of this guy's ability at all because he was playing in a shitty team last season and has just joined a quality team.
Becoming the South American player of the year for 3 consecutive seasons is no joke.
If i were u . . . . ,   i would watch out for him against your club.
Carlitos is UNPLAYABLE . . . . . . . . .Better to play with him than against him.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 11:38am On Aug 17, 2007
Jackal,
Nani, Tevez has shone? After 2 games? Two draws? No goals? Really? Wow tongue

Jackal:

Its a function of many variables but the odds are seriously stacking up against Man Utd
We do have our share of injuries too - Terry, Ballack, Bridge, Robben - ok maybe he's not injured etc

Jackal:

Arsenal and Liverpool will be close to the BIG 2 but i doubt they have the clout to match their strength in depth.
The only cup available to Arsenal/Liverpool is the Carling Cup and that is if Jose Mourinho doesnt roll out his senior team to fight for it. grin grin grin grin
What else do you expect grin

Banderas
I share your view concerning Tevez, but i think he may get thereabouts in future,
ON Drogba, however, i don't agree. His goal against Reading shows he still can get those goals - referring to last season Barca, liverpool etc

Liverpool is built on Gerrard and would fall like a pack of Cards this season.
Lampard should be benched but we all know he wont be.

ManU may get more injuries because of pressure to win and go into tackles. If someone like Scholes go out then ManU can say good bye to title.

Chelsea needs to improve in Defense ( and Cech too). I think that would happen. I also think midfield exposes the defence to too much attacks. We need Lampard on the bench to stop this.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:44am On Aug 17, 2007
@ Loyika,

P.S. . . . . . . .KITAUN & SOMZE didn't see the match on Wednesday. I seriously doubt they saw Man U's game against Reading as well.
Their analysis have been based on what they have read in The Sun, BBC and Soccernet and Larry Izamoje(KIT) tongue tongue

Meanwhile . . . . . . . . .
I'd be glad if u can report me.
Its been a long time i have had to curse out those plonkers known as Council Workers.
I will leave ma addy in your YIM when u are ready to move . . . . . .  . . . grin grin grin

Reminds me of the day i had a massive brawl with the TV License wanksters.
Damn . . . . . .those fools wanted to gain an unlawful entry just because i was evading TV License.
For Bleep's Sake . . . . . .Whats the point in TV License? Telling me because BBC channels don't show commercial ads so we have to pay em to compensate uninterrupted programmes.

Who gives a cock about commercial ads or not? tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
This country makes me mad sometimes . . . . . . . .Its BILLS, BILLS BILLS like Destiny's Child.
I want to relocate to PH soon but then its GUNS GUNS GUNS like BASRA/KANDAHAR.
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Meanwhile, the lass in question just want to hold on to something at night when militants are licking shots off.
Try and be a hero and go . . . . . All u need is a KEVLAR vest, a DESERT EAGLE automatic Pistol and 4 hand-held GRENADES.
You can also take a pack of RUFF RYDER condoms with ya and erm, erm, erm, KY JELLY if her CLUTCH gets DRY. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.