Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (496708 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2006
@ debosky
stop the beefing. fergie would surely get a midfield player before 31st.

@jackal
thanks man for that rooney reminder. rooney was the last tranfer for that season. on the 31st exactly so we still gat time. i feel bayern's pain a bit on not wanting to sell hargreaves because ballack left. but what happens to a player's decision? does he not have a rite to say he does not want to play for y'all anymore? and can they force him to play against his will?
just hope he comes quickly. we need him against tottenham because roon wont be playin.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2006
No football team can force any player to play against his will.
The club would have tampered with the so-called player's human rights by forcing him to.
Mikel Obi had his way even after signing the dotted lines for Alex Ferguson so a player's rights are very important.
The deal will go through if Owen Hargreaves throws in a transfer request but the only snag here is Ferguson must meet the agreed price if he really wants him.
Man Utd will sign a couple of players before the 31st of August.
Have u heard Carlos Tevez might be on his way to OT?
Some United officials are in Brazil talking to the lad so u might be seeing Tevez wearing the number 10 shirt for United this season. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 3:59pm On Aug 23, 2006
read on soccernet that hargreaves and his agent are holding a press conference today with bayern officials to hand in his transfer request. he should be a man utd player before 31st. the price i read was 17m pounds. fergie shouldn't av a problem with that.

about carlos tevez, he is a very strong and spirited player , just like rooney. i've posted here before that it might not be healthy to have two players like rooney in the same team. they'll both run for the ball.want to do all the running, none of them would want to step down for the other,  enough players are like that, rooney, tevez, martins, adriano.
well, if fergie thinks he'll be a good buy,, no qualms. that means he'll be an addition to rooney, ronaldo, saha, solksjaer, rossi, and smith,

one united.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 10:05pm On Aug 23, 2006
@justkunmi,

Anutha sterling performance from Man Utd.
Ferguson's tactics is always spot-on.
Ronaldo and Giggsy were constant menace throughout the match and Patrice Evra has been the revelation of the season.
8 goals in just 2 matches is not a bad return for a team most Nairalanders think they won't make it.
FYI, Chelsea lost 2-1 again to Middlesboro and currently locking the 7th spot on the premiership table.
I wonder what Roman will be thinking now.

Ferguson is seriously considering Tevez and it will be a brilliant signing.
Tevez is class and when a player like that shows the "come and get me" signals then i think it should be taken serious.
He turned up in a[b] Man Utd shirt[/b] on his press conference when he joined Corinthians,so he must fancy us plus the club's new manager has told Tevez categorically that he does not want Argentines in the Brazilian outfit.
With Tevez, Man Utd will have the most ugliest, most ruthless, most dangerous and deadliest front line in Europe.

Saha and Solskjaer wont play 38 games in the season without copping one long-spell injury or the other-It's their habit.
Besides these duo are one injury away each to the end of their career so u cannot really place your faith in 'em.
Ronaldo and Rooney will bag match suspensions every now and then as they are the most-despised players in the Premiership this season.
So i suggest Ferguson should break the bank and sign Tevez now.
I want to see the dream combination of Ronaldo + Rooney + Tevez ASAP.
The trio are still young which means Ferguson will definitely get at least 6-8 years sterling performance from them.
Whatchu think?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 10:38pm On Aug 23, 2006
well done man utd, impressive start so far, in contrast to the usual stuttering start. hope they an keep it up and make the premiership more interesting this time round.

its early days yet, far too early to start talking of 'revelations of the season'. especially against only fulham and charlton.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 12:36am On Aug 24, 2006
Did u say only Fulham?
I remembered Fulham took 3 points out of Chelsea last season.
Didn't the same Chelsea take 6 points out of your team(Arsenal)?
No team is ordinary these days. If u doubt me, go and check Chelsea's latest results.
Aston Villa looks ordinary but Arsenal could only managed a draw on their own pitch.
6 points is 6 points and United is happy to be the only team in the Premiership that has managed the 100% record.
UTD is out to prove a point. Watch your backs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WARNING TO OPPOSITION FANS: Booing Cristiano Ronaldo could cause extensive damage to your teams.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 9:59am On Aug 24, 2006
manutd is red red hot. 8 goals in 2 matches. thats very impressive. even without rooney and scholes. the crowning of the night was solksjaer's goal. it was not just a goal, it was a statement that he's back. it was a goal was for fans who have waited patiently for his return after years of not playing football. saw carrick too. he set up solksjaer's first attempt.

the chelsea army is falling apart. murinhio was crying foul. i read on bbc this morning that he said the spirit they had last season was no longer there. i tell u, money cant buy good luck or team spirit.

our next match is against watford. hope to clinh that then rooney and scholes would return against arsenal. hope hargreaves would be around too. would be a sweet match to watch

up manyoo
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by stanech: 12:43pm On Aug 24, 2006
Bravo Manutd this is a very good way to start a season this is also a sound warning to chelsea and arsenal Be warned.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by mukina2: 1:03pm On Aug 24, 2006
fine start hope it continues, hope so, grin
manu utd winnig 5-1 now 3-0, lets wait o
fergie will start chewing faster soon wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 5:33pm On Aug 24, 2006
Nice perfomance from Man Utd, good to know they were able to weather the storm of having Scholes and Rooney absent and they still put up that kind of perfomance. once again thumbs up cool cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bolaoni(m): 6:10pm On Aug 24, 2006
Now Benfica has come our way again cool This is the time to prove to them that they were lucky last year.

Wait a minute. Where did the new post button go to? embarassed
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 6:18pm On Aug 24, 2006
@bolaoni

Posting has been temporarily disabled till maybe sunday by Admin tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bolaoni(m): 6:23pm On Aug 24, 2006
Thanks jare, I just saw it on the homa page.

But y the tongue? We dey fight? grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 6:30pm On Aug 24, 2006
Why i go fight with a whole you wey don get 6 points under your belt, i no fit o! grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bolaoni(m): 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2006
Na U sabi.

U no say we lead and others follow. So no yawa!

I just pray and hope we net Tevez b4 the window closes sha and by then all of una go hear wen wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2006
You mean your temporary lead don dey shack you, hmmn. shocked shocked

You guys keep wishing those boys will come over but they keep slipping away from your grabs shocked shocked grin e.g Torres, Vieira, Mascherano, Senna, Hargreaves shocked grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2006
Man utd, celtic, benfica, copenhagen. We meet benfica again.This time around, we wont give room for any lapses. Presently i'm laughing my head off about d chelsea & barca wahala. Imagine, 3 times consecutively. I wonder wat murinhio would say about d groupin.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2006
I hope you guys dont slip against this weaker teams again o! cool

As for Chelsea, hmmn i trip o! which kain luck be dat abi na ill luck lipsrsealed at least its still better that they will be meeting Barca at the group stages, i tip them both to qualify sha undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bolaoni(m): 6:57pm On Aug 24, 2006
@Kitaun,

Just wait as things unfold.

The Baby Face Assasin is BACK! And I'm sure he is going to leave so many people dead this season. Smith is also coming on strong! So you can see that this is not just dreams.

@kunmi,

I'm sure the man will be sweating by now. Why Uefa dey do this kain thing for Chelsea now? Three years of untold hardship? Na wa oo
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 7:05pm On Aug 24, 2006
UEFA has capitalised on the Frank Rijkaard/Jose Mourinho's drama and they must be loving it.
Can't u realise the revenue this match will generate for UEFA?
I won't be surprised if the all the tickets are sold-out already.
Barca Vs Chelsea match has been the main feature of UEFA champions league in the past 3 seasons.
Other matches are just side attractions.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 7:06pm On Aug 24, 2006
@bolaoni
tell them o.The baby face assassin is back.His goal yesterday was a warnin signal to all those who av written him off. Smith too is comin on strong and he's itching to play. Ronaldo is growin and has started playin that matured role we require of him. Man utd will shock its of critics this season.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 7:11pm On Aug 24, 2006
maureen must be pissing his pants

i wonder what excuse he'll give if they dont beat barca this season.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 7:23pm On Aug 24, 2006
He has alot of excuses. He might say his players are not psychologically ready for the champions league.(like he said at d start of d premiership). He might accuse d referee of being biased. There r so many thing maureen can say. Thats why i always want to hear wat he has to say on issues.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by snooker: 7:29pm On Aug 24, 2006
OK guys who will Jose blame for getting barca again

UEFA 2-1

G14 4-1

Anders Frisk 8-1

Rafael Benitez 10-1

The 'fact' that the ball allegedly didn't go over the line in the 2005 Semi 12-1

David Dein being at the FA 14-1
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 7:35pm On Aug 24, 2006
@snooker
u know jose too well
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by toshmann(m): 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2006
snooker:

OK guys who will Jose blame for getting barca again

UEFA 2-1

G14 4-1

Anders Frisk 8-1

Rafael Benitez 10-1

The 'fact' that the ball allegedly didn't go over the line in the 2005 Semi 12-1

David Dein being at the FA 14-1

continues-------
blames hitler for loosing the 2nd world war 20-1
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 6:13am On Aug 25, 2006
Wats happening bout d hargreaves issue?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lordimpaq(m): 8:02am On Aug 25, 2006
Nothing yet, except Bayern blabbing about dragging the Red devils to FIFA .

hargreaves is good, wish wenger could buy him, he's good,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nuggard(m): 8:29am On Aug 25, 2006
hopefully our form improves and we remain consistent at least past November, and like many other guys I will be thrilled if we sign Carlitos especially because he is a fan- On second thoughts though , I envisage unhealthy rivalry between rooney and Tevez especially in "beauty peagants" ,( I'll pick carlitos ).

Hargreaves is causing me heart-grief why can't he just tell his Oga " I don tire, I no go play again" instead of "shutting up". shocked

by the way my favourite players are Saha, Richardson and Ronaldo.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nuggard(m): 8:43am On Aug 25, 2006
By the way I have composed a Ditty for our darling Cheski.
(tune of awilo's comment tu t'apelle)

Comment tu t'appelle,

J' m'appelle Cheslki Chelski bam-bam,

My coach is Yusuf moaning ho.

My chairman is Yoman am-bitch ho.

My striker is di idi'ye duro gba ho.

And wat of flank rampant.

ps not to annoy anyone! J ust a song and somewhere I said I majored in sport psychology-yeah I know I did'nt fool anyone I actually need a shrink or maybe an animal shrink.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2006
I dont think man utd needs another striker, We've got choices upfront.Moreover, smith is back. All we need is hargreaves or a defensive midfielder and we're ready for europe,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 7:04am On Aug 26, 2006
This hargreaves issue is really keepin me uptight. Dunno why bayern is actin this way. At least they cant hold a player against his will

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.