Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,761 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:27 AM

How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! (11980 Views)

Why Do Ladies Shave Off Their Eyebrows? / Ladies Eyebrows - Threading, Waxing, Tweezing Or Shaving? / Easy Tips For Perfercting Your Eyebrows. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by epstitch(f): 1:26am On Sep 25, 2008
Eyebrow Grooming

Understanding the basic applications involved in achieving good makeup, is not as difficult as we make it seem. I always advice, if you don’t know how to do it, just ask. It really is simple to have your makeup done neatly and effortlessly if you knew the little tweaks and tricks involved in the trade.
Now, the first step to achieving that overall makeup that looks so professional is your eyebrows. Every makeup artist would tell you, that’s the starting point. Your eyebrows add essential balance to your face, bringing together all your features into a harmonious whole.

Its funny how well groomed eyebrows just make your eyes pop even without a touch of makeup

I always advice, if you can't do this on your own, seek professional help. Usually, its best to have a professional get them done for you the very first time. Believe me, it’s always worth it.

Tweezing is best done when the skin is supple, so wait until after you’ve taken a shower, when your skin is soft.
Tweeze in a natural light and/or with a magnifying mirror so you can see every hair.

- Try to avoid tweezing on the day you have an important outing. Do it the night before, since it can sometimes cause redness or irritation.

Determine the shape:
- Brows should naturally follow the shape of the brow bone. Do not fight brows’ natural shape or direction of hair growth. Your mission is to enhance what nature has already done for you. My pro tip? Use a white pencil to outline the areas you want to pluck. The white line will help you see the shape that you intend to keep just before you go ahead tweezing.

- To find the right length, hold a pencil diagonally from the nostril, past the outside corner of the eye to your temple. The end of the brow should fall where the pencil is.

Time to tweeze:
- Brush eyebrows upward.

- With the tweezers (slanted ones are the best), pull one hair at a time with a quick motion in the direction of the hair growth. Tweeze two or three rows of hair. Repeat on each eyebrow.

- Never tweeze hairs at the end of the eyebrow. The longer your brows are, the better!

- Continuously check to see that your work is symmetrical. Tweeze a few hairs from one brow, stop, then tweeze a few from the other so that both eyes are even. And always stop to check that you haven’t tweezed too much.
With the results. If your brows are naturally light or thin, use a brow pencil to fill them in.
Do not draw lines with the pencil, instead, lightly shade in the areas with little or no brow hairs.

Avoid using black pencils. That is so wrong. Dark to Medium browns are best for our skin tones. If brows are unruly, even after plucking, you can use brow gel to set them. And remember, never shave your brows! Plucking may be slightly uncomfortable at first, but if you take the time to do it right, you will be pleased

Brow bleaching
Most times, this is done to complement a client’s hair colour. You would look totally unnatural if you are a blonde with dark brown eyebrows. Eyebrows are meant to complement your hair colour and pop your eyes more. That is why it is totally unrealistic for a black woman, with black hair having her eyebrows shaded in with a black coloured pencil.

Lightening the brows is a great way to bring more attention to the eyes. Begin with a simple bleaching cream, which can be used to lighten facial hair as well. Mix the cream according to package instructions and leave it on the brow for a minute or two checking to make sure you are achieving the desired colour. It is advised not to do this on your own, seek help from a professional. Remember, brows complement the hair colour. Don’t do this if you have black hair. You wouldn’t want people to think ‘oouch’ when they look at you.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by Afribiz(f): 9:53am On Sep 25, 2008
Thanks for the tips, Epstitch, you're onee in a million.
Haven't heard of lightening of the brows before. Pls let me know the name of the cream so that i can go for it. I'll really like to try lightening my eye brows.
Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by epstitch(f): 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2008
Hi afribiz, thanks for that. Real sweet of you.
about lightening/bleaching the brows. Recently i tinted my hair to an almost blonde shade(Dark&lovely honey blonde) so for my brows, i used the same solution but let it stay on for only about 1min, that way, my eyebrows didn't turn out all blonde like the hair. You dig?
So i bet you could use the solution for your hair but it shouldn't stay on too long because,
1. It can be abrasive to skin
2. Your brows would be too bleached
3. make sure the cream is only on the brows and not extending to the skin around the eyes. Be careful!
4. Do not wash off to avoid getting solution into eyes. Use a damp cotton wool to wipe off the cream
5.  I bet you know when your brows are done, you have to fill in with a pencil colour close to your new eyebrow shade?

If you can't do this on your own, please don't.
have fun!

http://beautybugger(dot)(dot)com
Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by uzoo: 6:40pm On Sep 25, 2008
@epstitch

thanks for the tip,but really the unruly eyebrows are just the problem i have

i tend to have the top end of my brows curving upwards hence making it hard

for me to get them in the right shape like the ones in you have in the pix

i guess i'll look for the brow gel to put them right, just that i have only 3 make up routine

(powder,eyeliner and lip gloss) then i'm out the door.
Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by uzoo: 6:54pm On Sep 25, 2008
by the way ,nice pix of you epstitch.

your makeup looks flawless.
Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by babyx(f): 10:58am On Sep 26, 2008
Epstitch
this is a nice one, the eyebrows of a Lady is her face, if they not well groomed it messes up her other features. Personal i dont wear alot of makeup, but i take pain to hv my eyebrows well groomed
So gals those who are shaving off their eyebrows completely, that is so out of vogue, ur eyebrows is ur face, wink
Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by epstitch(f): 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2008
Hey thanks guys. pleasure letting you in on all these and more. check out http://beautybugger..com for more makeup and beaty tips.
(change dot to .)
Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by fellybabe(f): 3:07am On Oct 07, 2008
perfect eyeshadow

Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by Tatase(f): 4:13am On Oct 09, 2008
Thanks this was really helpful. When I do my eyebrows it tends to be a matter of chance whether they turn out well or not but then i found that the suggestion of brushing the eyebrows up was extremely helpful because for the first time i really saw what i needed to take off. ANd then also i marked where my arch should begin and that really gave me a template on where to shape. Thanks this was super.
Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by SeanT21(f): 7:27am On Oct 09, 2008
I pay 10 bucks to get mine done. EASY FOR ME!!!
Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by epstitch(f): 8:54am On Oct 10, 2008
Eyebrows basically, start and finish a makeup job. look at this photography/runway makeup

Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by Moyola(f): 11:46am On Oct 10, 2008
m eyebrowzz iz feri bushyyy embarassed

will try tweezin undecided
Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by Gamine(f): 1:57pm On Oct 15, 2008
my eyebrows must be perfect

its the thing i pay mo attention to

i cnt stand thin eyebrows, so pardon my thickness

Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by babyx(f): 2:19pm On Oct 15, 2008
Gamine, i identify with the thick eyebrows smiley, i hv a one.
The thing about maintaining thick brows if GOD has blessed you with it is that it retains the natural look no matter how many colors of shadows you wear, and also whatever time of the day you get outa bed u carry ur confidence along cos time didnt afford you a chance to make up aside from doing face powder.
I hv lost count of the number of times i had to dash out of my house to the office wearin only face powder (no time to fill in eyebrow lines) and i still look damn good, wink
Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by mi3(f): 12:11am On Oct 24, 2008
wow!! Gamine has sexxxxy eyes/eyebrows, grin really nice babe!

i'm in the thick eyebrows club, not that it's like Colin Farrels own o! but they aren't pencil thin either, they are naturally shaped really okay, so the tweezing that needs to be done is very minimal, just to get rid of those adventurous strands that think it's brave of them to venture upwards, or towards my eyelid, nanshens! grin

@Epstitch, fanks for the tips!! they are really helpful
Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by Gamine(f): 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2008
lol, thanka!!! grin
Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by dani1luv: 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2008
cool cool w wink
Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by epstitch(f): 11:47am On Oct 30, 2008
Wow Gamine, thats really preety. would be best to maintain them. Thanks for adding that.
Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by Nobody: 2:36am On Oct 31, 2008
How can I grow my eyebrows? Hairs are barely there. angry
Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by mafolayomi(f): 12:43pm On Nov 03, 2008
stillwater:

Same here ooooooooooo, pls what can one do oooooooo
Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by Gamine(f): 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2008
Apply Virgin hair gro on them
Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by SeanT21(f): 5:47am On Nov 09, 2008
mafolayomi:

Same here ooooooooooo, please what can one do oooooooo

stillwater:

How did You Loose Your eyebrow Hair?
Re: How To Get Perfect Eyebrows! by Gamine(f): 4:29pm On Nov 09, 2008
Some people dont have naturally

(1) (Reply)

Miss Akwa Ibom, Iheoma Nnadi Wins MBGN 2014! / Top 10 Beautiful Ankara Styles And Lace Designs / Kaduna Gold And Dubai Gold Which Is Better Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.