Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,839 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:39 AM

John Mccain Wants To Postpone Presidential Debate With Barack Obama - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / John Mccain Wants To Postpone Presidential Debate With Barack Obama (990 Views)

McCain Fires Back At Putin With America's Own Letter To Russians / US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain / I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Mccain Wants To Postpone Presidential Debate With Barack Obama by BigB11(m): 1:30am On Sep 25, 2008
This seems to me as another political shoddy trick strategy to rescue the down-fall of the Sen John McCain's presidential campaign. This move is clearly an indication of frustration/ hopelessness coming from John McCain's camp; and I think it would definitely backfire this time around.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/johnmccain/3075493/John-McCain-wants-to-postpone-presidential-debate-with-Barack-Obama.html
Re: John Mccain Wants To Postpone Presidential Debate With Barack Obama by SeanT21(f): 8:42am On Sep 25, 2008
I hope it does not happen. I already canceled all my plans.
Re: John Mccain Wants To Postpone Presidential Debate With Barack Obama by Aziza(f): 2:43pm On Sep 25, 2008
It is clear the John McCain can't chew gum and walk on the street at the same time. He is trying to buy more time.
This plan has failed.
Re: John Mccain Wants To Postpone Presidential Debate With Barack Obama by dayokanu(m): 7:50pm On Sep 25, 2008
What do you want the guy to say at the debate.

This is no time for Kill Iran Kill iran

Rather the economy is in a mess and people want to hear better things than Kill Bin laden

As a smart guy he would rather stay out and be assumed to be empty upstairs than to go and remove all doubts
Re: John Mccain Wants To Postpone Presidential Debate With Barack Obama by RichyBlacK(m): 8:30pm On Sep 25, 2008
McBush is trying to pull a fast one. Let that man go sit down and debate Barack before I open my eyes. Hisss.
Re: John Mccain Wants To Postpone Presidential Debate With Barack Obama by McKren(m): 11:01pm On Sep 25, 2008
Re: John Mccain Wants To Postpone Presidential Debate With Barack Obama by BigB11(m): 11:54pm On Sep 25, 2008
I heard that McCain is trying to postpone the debate simply to either buy more time for Sara Palin to cram more foreign affairs  points and complete her Principles of Microeconomics (ECO101) class or have the VP debate cancelled all together.

FYI: Once Sen John McCain is able to successfully postpone tomorrow's presidential debate; it means the date Sara Palin and Joe Biden's debate would also be moved or cancelled.

I am confident that John McCain will fail once again.

Note:
African young leaders or potential leaders should pay attention to how Barrack Obama continues to comport himself with class, even when things seem not to be going his way.
It isn't what you do, but absolutely how is done.
Obama in my book is an incredible human being and I pray to see him fly high, come November 2008.
Re: John Mccain Wants To Postpone Presidential Debate With Barack Obama by TopBanana: 4:45pm On Sep 26, 2008
This once again shows McCain is all talk and no substance.
Re: John Mccain Wants To Postpone Presidential Debate With Barack Obama by McKren(m): 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2008
I have said it before, Democrats should stop fawning over John McCain being a war hero and tell it like it is. This guy is a hot head who owes much of who he is to the fact that he came from a family of admirals.

this guy crashed 3 planes as a navy pilot cadet, he will crash US if not stopped.

In case anybody is still in doubt what a fraud the "picking" of Sarah Palin as VP is watch the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP12aNzocSc Kobojunkie clearly knows about the issues in America compared to the Republican VP pick.
Re: John Mccain Wants To Postpone Presidential Debate With Barack Obama by Ibime(m): 5:39pm On Sep 26, 2008
I'm John McCain. I know nothing about the economy but I must be seen to be taking a lead on it. Therefore I have decided to put my campaign first and my country second.

McKren:

Kobojunkie clearly knows about the issues in America compared to the Republican VP pick.

Never overestimate Kobojunkie's intelligence. . .

Anyway, McCain has backed himself into a corner with this. If he and the House Reps continue to oppose the bill, the markets will crash on Monday and they will take all the blame. If he goes with the plan, they will ask why the delay. Did he just come to pull a PR stunt over a bill that has nothing to do with him?

Anyway, the public have reacted negatively to John McCains latest erratic stunt. And I thought the appointment of Palin and the calling for the sacking of Chris Cox was erratic! It seems like there is no end to this mans selfish buffoonery. The way Obama calmly handled McCains ploy to checkmate him was a lesson in Presidential politics. Watching John McCain flounder around is like watching a wounded deer try to get up. Watching Sarah Palin try to turn a thought into a complete sentence is like watching a wounded moose try to get up.

Still, expect a sting in the tail tonight. McCain could swing this all around in the debates. I believe he is better than Barack at debating and we may see that tonight.
Re: John Mccain Wants To Postpone Presidential Debate With Barack Obama by McKren(m): 6:09pm On Sep 26, 2008
McCain is obviously better than Obama at debates

I hope Obama provokes McCain in his 2 mins introduction. That will throw McCain off message even more.

He should tell the American people how what has happened in the last few days shows how McCain is too erratic to lead.

NO SHOCK BARRACK, NO DRAMA OBAMA

(1) (Reply)

It Is Likely Obama Was Conceived Same Day Jfk Was Elected / Are Republicans Actively Tying To Get Obama Killed / Beware Of Charities: Wycle's Charity Yele Haiti Foundation Is Suspicious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.