Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid (6084 Views)

The Literature Section Person Of The Year Award 2014 / Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. / discussion thread for the literature awards 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by Sisikill: 5:29am On Sep 25, 2008
Peeked into a section on Nairaland. . . for peace sake, I won't mention the section but just know I've got my eyes on you and I have a long memory angry and they have this very strange idea that the Lit section is Boring!!

Did I hear you say WHAT??!!!!! shocked

I know!

Hellooooo! This is where the DRAMA happens. . . after the Romance Section and the Family Section and The Politics and The Culture Section. Oh alright,  maybe not the drama.

Oh I got it! How about FUN, LAUGHTER. . . hmm, yeah those two belong in the Jokes and Forum games, huh?

What do we do? What do we do?

Okay, Fine! Fine Fine! We read and we write and we talk about things no one cares about like split participles and present future double split, infinitives and genius grants and creative writing, when to use learned and learnt. Yeah, while others go on about the latest movie they saw with their latest date in his latest tricked out car, all dressed up in the latest garb, we are talk about the last book we read and how the author went for surrealism instead of realism. Yes, Yes, this is what we do but it does NOT mean we are boring!

I say we show 'em we can have fun with the things we do.

This will be our WE CAN HAVE FUN TOO THREAD!!!

We will post anything and everything FUN.  .  . Yeah, baby!  grin

First stop! JOHN GRISHAM! [/b]We have a lot of John Grisham fans here, So why not have fun with Johnny Boy?

Below are Ten questions outlining the plots of various John Grisham novels. Read the plot and identify the title of the book. . . NO CHEATING.

First to finish gets to go next with WHATEVER they want. . . complete a novel in a day? Jump up and down AND Complete a novel in a day? It is at THEIR discreation!!!

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

[b]Questions

1. Set in the 70s in Mississippi, this novel features a 23 year old college dropout Willie Traynor who becomes owner and editor of a newspaper, Ford Country Times. This novel is the story of Callie Ruffin, the first black voter of the county and features more than one killing!

2. Adam Hall is 26 years old and in his first year at a top Chicago law firm. He volunteers for the toughest assignment any lawyer can ask. His client is an outspoken racist with a violent past who is on death row. But Adam desperately wants the case!

3. Clay Carter works for the office of the public defender. He works there not because he wants to work for a cause, but simply because he has no other job. He finally finds a case of a young man charged with a street killing. The case leads him on to dizzy levels of success.

4. A young boy chances on a suicide and uncovers a secret that could kill both him and his lawyer. The prosecutors are willing to break all rules and the mob will stop at nothing.

5. A story of three judges running a scam from jail. When their scam nets none other than the future President of the USA, the CIA moves in to protect their candidate.

6. Rudi Baylor is a young lawyer who does yard work in exchange for rent. He gets a case where he has to take on a heavyweight corporate defence team. A case that started small explodes into a million-dollar war of lies and nerves.

7. A case involving a war against a tobacco company. Rankin Fitch seems to have the case in control, but then Nicholas Easter steps into the jury box and suddenly everything is out of control for the master manipulator Fitch.

8. Michael Brock works with a giant DC law firm and is one step away from partnership, when an incident occurs that changes his life. He leaves the firm with a confidential file and unravels a conspiracy that has already taken many lives.

10. Patrick Lanigan steals ninety million dollars from his own firm and flees to Brazil. But he is tracked down and brought back to court for trial. Reviled as a white collar criminal, Lanigan knows a secret that no one else knows.

TICK TOCK! TICK TOCK!!

Seun or Mod, if you can find it in your heart of hearts to make this a sticky, I will be forever indebted to you!  kiss
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by kay9(m): 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2008
And who is the prehistoric Philistine that thinks our beloved Lit section is boring?? Giv'em up Sisi, let's school them a thing or two. **Hiss** . Anway, I'm afraid I never really liked John Grisham (can't figure out why, though), so I'm out of this one.

I know almost every other person around here is Grisham fan, but don't y'all bite off my head, ok? One man's food, and all that.

So, Sisi, call me when the next TEN questions are ready. Make'em Stephen King teasers, aight?
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by cbase: 7:45pm On Sep 25, 2008
answer to NO 10 or No 7 = "runaway jury", am not sure, been a long time i read these novels

NO 5 = the Brethren
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by Sisikill: 1:24am On Sep 26, 2008
kay9:

And who is the prehistoric Philistine that thinks our beloved Lit section is boring?? Giv'em up Sisi, let's school them a thing or two. **Hiss** . Anway, I'm afraid I never really liked John Grisham (can't figure out why, though), so I'm out of this one.

I know almost every other person around here is Grisham fan, but don't y'all bite off my head, ok? One man's food, and all that.

So, Sisi, call me when the next TEN questions are ready. Make'em Stephen King teasers, aight?

Ah, Boss I don't think I should say *coughs*politics*coughs* on account of not wanting to cause trouble. You know how nice we are, and peace-loving we are, I say so let's just leave that section *sneeze*Politics*Sneeze* in the hands of the Nairaland gods.  grin

I'm actually disappointed, I thought the JG fans will be all over this like bee on honey with Sam Milla leading the pack! cry

cbase:

answer to NO 10 or No 7 = "runaway jury", am not sure, been a long time i read these novels

NO 5 = the Brethren

1.5 out of 10 is not bad!!
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by profmutant(m): 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2008
4 The client
5 The Brethren
6 The rainmaker
7 The runaway jury
8 The firm
10 The partner
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by Sisikill: 10:00pm On Oct 01, 2008
ANSWERS FOR GRISHAM TRIVIA

1) The Last Juror
2) The Chamber
3)  The King of Torts
4. The Client
5) The Brethren
6) The Rainmaker
7) Runaway Jury
8 ) The Street layer
9) A Time to Kill
10) The Partner
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by Sisikill: 10:05pm On Oct 01, 2008
profmutant:

for the client
5 The Brethren
6 The rainmaker
7 The runaway jury
8 The firm
10 The partner

Five out of Ten. . . not bad at all!!

Congratulations
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by Sisikill: 10:16pm On Oct 01, 2008
So you call yourself a Stephen King Fan, okay then. . . show us what you can do!

[size=17pt]GUESS THE STEPHEN KING BOOK TITLE!![/size]

Below are dictionary definitions of the title words, and you name the book!

1. What's 'a position or opinion that you state firmly and publicly'? (Two Words)

2. What's 'a strong feeling of uncontrollable anger'? (One Word)

3. What's 'either of the two equal parts into which something is divided, with little or no light'? (Three Words)

4. What's 'the no longer alive large area that is divided from other areas around it in some way'? (Three Words)

5. What's 'a container made of paper, cloth etc. which usually opens at the top, filled with hard parts of the body that together form the frame of a human or animal body'? (Three Words)

6. What's 'the adult male human moving quickly on foot by moving his legs more quickly than when he is walking'? (Three Words)

7. What's 'a journey that you make on foot, especially for exercise or enjoyment, measuring a great length or a greater length than usual from one end to the other'? (Three Words)

8. What's 'the organs in our chests that pump blood through our bodies, on the island which, according to an old story, sank beneath the sea in the Atlantic Ocean west of Gibraltar'?  (Three Words)

9. What's 'the object which is believed to have magic powers of protection'? (Two Words)

10. What's 'the organs of the body with which one sees, belonging to a large imaginary animal with wings and the power to breathe out fire'?  (5 Words)
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by H2O2: 10:04pm On Oct 02, 2008
Why don't I have at it
Sisikill:

So you call yourself a Stephen King Fan, okay then. . . show us what you can do!

[size=17pt]GUESS THE STEPHEN KING BOOK TITLE!![/size]

Below are dictionary definitions of the title words, and you name the book!

1. What's 'a position or opinion that you state firmly and publicly'? (Two Words)
A stance, a thought

A feeling of rage

3. What's 'either of the two equal parts into which something is divided, with little or no light'? (Three Words)
Either of the two can be called a partition; one half of the partition
If it has no light, it can be called a dark partition, darker half or dark part or whatever

4. What's 'the no longer alive large area that is divided from other areas around it in some way'? (Three Words)
No longer alive = dead area
If you don't want to use the word area, you can use boundary, zone, enclosure

5. What's 'a container made of paper, cloth etc. which usually opens at the top, filled with hard parts of the body that together form the frame of a human or animal body'? (Three Words)

6. What's 'the adult male human moving quickly on foot by moving his legs more quickly than when he is walking'? (Three Words)
adult male human = a man
a man who moves quickly could be as swift as lightning
if he moves quickly on his legs more than he is walking, then he is running
this is a running man

7. What's 'a journey that you make on foot, especially for exercise or enjoyment, measuring a great length or a greater length than usual from one end to the other'? (Three Words)
journey made on foot = to walk, trek
at great or greater length = to take a long(er) than usual walk
long ass walk
8. What's 'the organs in our chests that pump blood through our bodies, on the island which, according to an old story, sank beneath the sea in the Atlantic Ocean west of Gibraltar'?  (Three Words)
organ in our chest pumping glood through our body = the heart?
organs? i would say arteries, but that doesn't make sense
atlantic ocean west of gibraltar: who does not know about the isle of Atlantis
Heart of Atlantis? looooool

9. What's 'the object which is believed to have magic powers of protection'? (Two Words)
hmm. condom?
this is not a very good question because it is not as specific as the others

10. What's 'the organs of the body with which one sees, belonging to a large imaginary animal with wings and the power to breathe out fire'?  (5 Words)
you see with your eyes
komodo dragons shown in those epic films, right? animals with wings

dragon's eyes

whatever, i quit!
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by Sisikill: 11:07pm On Oct 02, 2008
Brilliant!! cheesy

Come on! You are almost there. . .
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by vescucci(m): 4:02pm On Oct 03, 2008
Sisi, you just keep getting better and better!

I wish I came here earlier as I'd have made 8 of out ten in the Grisham trivia. I'm somewhat a fan of Grisham but nowadays I tend to more serious books. Grisham has an overall theme and he sticks to it too much. His books explore morality, racism and the human condition all too much. But as it is I've read more than half his books so I guess I dig the guy. His books that I like best are; The Pelican Brief, The Partner and A Time to Kill and Runaway Jury. His worst in my opinion were The Testament and The Chamber. I'm lukewarm about the rest. But there's a homely feeling you get when you read A Painted House and The Last Juror. Enough on the bloke.

Stephen Igwe, my man. The only problem I have with this dude is that he writes when he takes a dump, when he shops, when he sleeps, when he eats, when he practically does everything except writing another book. But he's a man of exceptional talent and he's been around for quite a while. I have a gory and terrible already so I don't get scared by his books. I found Pet Sematary and Misery actually very funny. I ain't related to the devil, so don't ask. As for your trivia Sisi, I'll assume 'The' counts for a word or else I'll be totally stomped. Here goes,

1. The Stand*
2. Rage**
3. The Dark Half**
4. The Dead Zone (the description is more akin to Wastelands but that's hardly three words)
5. I am at wits end. But a wild guess is Bag of Bones. That actually sounds right
6. The Running Man**
7. The Long Walk**
8. Hearts of Atlantis
9. The Talisman
10. The Eyes of the Dragon**

**denotes the books I've not read but have heard of and * denotes a wild guess from the description. I'm fairly sure to get a pass mark.

Now on to MY favorites. I love espionage books as many men folks. Thus I love Robert Ludlum (RIP, my favorite author), Frederick Forsyth and Tom Clancy. Some beautiful books I've read by relatively unknown authors exist but I'll keep that for sake of discussions later. Since I'm fascinated by the occult and conspiracy theories I love Umberto Eco but so far I've been able to lay my hands on only one of his books. Any help would be worshipped!
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by KarmaMod(f): 4:17pm On Oct 03, 2008
. What's 'a position or opinion that you state firmly and publicly'? (Two Words)

Taking A Stand = The Stand

Rage

3. What's 'either of the two equal parts into which something is divided, with little or no light'? (Three Words) -
Dark Half

Bones. - Bag Of Bones

6. What's 'the adult male human moving quickly on foot by moving his legs more quickly than when he is walking'? (Three Words) Running - The Running Man

Long Walk can't remember if it's A long walk or THE long walk

Heart Of Atlantis

The Talisman

The Eyes Of A Dragon tongue
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by Sisikill: 4:16pm On Oct 04, 2008
@ Vesc & KarmaMod
Bravo! You two!       

We still have a few days left on the clock, why not have another go at it?
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by kay9(m): 4:32pm On Oct 04, 2008
Guess I'll be cheating if I tried to answer now. sadWhere was I when the King teaser was first posted?? Oh yes, chugging a lug at a nearby bar. Damn.

Anyway, umm . . . no offence Sisi, but I got a Stephen King teaser of my own: What does a catapult have to do with bullets?
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by vescucci(m): 6:15pm On Oct 04, 2008
Another try ke? Me and Karma said the same thing and I think I'll give up if I don't get 50% right. What's the price for success? There should be a reward for all this brainstorming.
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by Sisikill: 6:20pm On Oct 04, 2008
[B]Theeeeeeeeeee Gunslinger[/b]

Yep, I know it! I said it! I got it! I really, really know it!

You wanna give the next round of teasers?
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by Sisikill: 6:26pm On Oct 04, 2008
Oh Vesc are you saying the chance to show of your superior intellect is not prize enough?

Tut tut tut tut. . .

Okay, fine, I'll think up something appropriate. wink
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by vescucci(m): 5:21pm On Oct 05, 2008
Ah, you make me out like one condescending Rumpelstiltskin. I'm marginally above average (I detest false modesty) I concede but that's about it. And that's even due to some stars aligning on the day of my birth or something. Hehe. I'll cook up something too. I hope it won't be too easy or too hard. I think I'll make it along a line of randomness. No particular theme. Will be back tomorrow!
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by doyin13(m): 5:27pm On Oct 05, 2008
Any writer that has written up to ten books in their lifetime on the same themes should not be taken seriously

Repetitive, commercial. . . . . . .in fact angry angry angry angry
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by bluespice(f): 8:16am On Oct 06, 2008
grin Doyin its called style, Genre tongue
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by doyin13(m): 10:48am On Oct 06, 2008
bluespice:

grin Doyin its called style, Genre tongue

Look at you. when did style and genre become a euphemism for a restricted imagination  angry angry angry
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by vescucci(m): 3:03pm On Oct 06, 2008
Ah, take it easy on the poor girl na.

I thought I'd meet more posts here than I'm seeing but no matter, I'm going to give my lil quiz without further ado. You can call it name that author. I compiled it on a long 30mins ride to someplace.

1. His last name rhymes with 'Frighten'. He has an M.D. among other ones. I totally wanna be like him.

2. This guy, though an aristocrat, writes to tackle the often unfair and unfortunate situation of the poor and neglected masses. Another clue: He's british and he's been dead before your pops was born.

3. She's simply the most prolific female writer ever. It is said she wrote a book from beginning to end in a week. She's an oldie too.

4. An explorer and a car collector in real life. His books are a marriage between his true life exploits and fiction.

5. This italian philosopher writes a book no less than six years in between. The only thing stranger than his books is his name.

6. Also writes after a long period has elapsed since his last. Has 4 books with a recurring gentlemanly, charismatic and charming man albeit a cannibal.

7. Second only to Stephen Igwe in terms of weirdness and wears a big moustache.

8. Recently died of pneumonia, I think, and has the same initials with Stephen Spielberg. Girls love him but he never shows his face on his books. Also his last book strangley prophetic was an auto-biography. OK too much info on this guy

Eight is a lucky number in China.
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by bluespice(f): 9:04am On Oct 07, 2008
ahhh so now u call it restricted imagination?
though they all stem from the same genre u do accept however that the stories bear little similarity to each other right?
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by vescucci(m): 2:17pm On Oct 07, 2008
Isn't this a kick in the balls that nobody has even said the quiz is too easy and not worth wasting time answering. Geeeeez!!!!
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by kay9(m): 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2008
@ vescussi: Your teasers are, umm . . . biographical in context. Why don't you give clues based on the titles of novels by these authors? I suppose these writers you have in mind write under different genres, right? That should make the teasers tougher - so let's see the real book-burners!

@ Sisi: Yea, you were right - but I guess you know that already - the Gunslinger. Pretty easy. Right, try this one:
A stumble in the evening,
and a story of men coloured green?
Nay, it's just the evil in you and me.
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by MadMax1(f): 4:59pm On Oct 07, 2008
Not enough to guess the answers,V, but methinks number 1 is Michael Crichton, 6 is Thomas Harris and  7 is Dean Koontz. I'm not sure I can place him second to anyone. Yes, I loved The Stand and The Dark Tower Series (Wizard and Glass, the fourth instalment, is simply breathtaking). King is to modern horror writing what Asimov was to science fiction.  But Koontz's stories are truly extraordinary. I can't say who the better writer is.

But the most horrific book I have ever read,has to be The Dark by  James Herbert. King does not even come close to this guy. I read the book in my teens and it almost gave me a complex!

More clues,V.
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by vescucci(m): 7:30pm On Oct 07, 2008
You guys will have to forgive me for I thought carefully and sought out a compromise between too obvious clues and ease of googling. I do not fancy clues that point at actual books written for an unimaginative dude will draw the right parallel sooner or later. But on second thought I realise that some of the authors I encypted might not be the most popular. And even if they crossed one's path, you'd have to be fairly obsessed with them to have known some things about them. So I'll give more clues to worthy ones and let alone the easier ones, at least by my own reckoning.

2. You must have studied his book in school where a certain young son of a gun always wants more.

3. One of her step-granddaughters is Diana, Princess of Wales.

4. He's an archaeologist. I'm afraid I can't go further.

5. He's a favorite of mine and even though it might be hard to fathom his identity, I'll reserve the privilege of unveiling him to y'all.

Mad_Max. Nice going! Thumbs up, mami.

Kay9. Please call me Vesc. My peeps do. Or you could follow Mad_Max' cue, V for Vescucci. I'm afraid any word that contains one 'u' and two 's's lets me off in a naughty tangent as I immediately think of wuss, pussy, sissy. And me, I'm a brave knight always on the prowl for a DID. DID, take that as a pro bono quiz. Or you could always rewatch Hercules. The Walt disney cartoon.

Sisikill has two 's's too. hmmmmmn, funny coincidence.
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by doyin13(m): 7:42pm On Oct 07, 2008
The only one I will bother to answer is no 5- - - -Umberto Eco

The remaining are not worthy of my intelligent. cheesy cheesy grin I will leave it to the likes of Bluespice tongue tongue tongue grin
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by ayomorocco(f): 10:24pm On Oct 07, 2008
vescucci:

3. She's simply the most prolific female writer ever. It is said she wrote a book from beginning to end in a week. She's an oldie too.

vescucci:

3. One of her step-granddaughters is Diana, Princess of Wales.

After seeing your original post, I was waiting for you to come up with Barbara Cartland (or a further clue that it was her you were referring to). And with your further clues, you did. Whilst she broke the Guiness records for most amounts of books published in a year (a good few times), she is not the most prolific female writer. That title goes to Mary Faulkner who the 1986 Guiness book listed as the most prolific writer with over 900 book published - though she no longer holds that title (also at a point, the Guiness book listed Charles Harold St. John Hamilton as the most prolific writer based on the number of words he has printed - but this does not count here as he is male). Also, Barbara Cartland is no longer an oldie as she is dead (and has been for almost a decade. . . well ate least 8 years).

No. 2 is Charles Dickens; and I believe No. 3 as said before is Barbara Cartland and No. 6 is Thomas Harris.
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by MadMax1(f): 5:31pm On Oct 08, 2008
Was Charles Dickens an aristocrat? Naw. I faintly recall reading that his background to Oliver Twist was furnished by his own WorkHouse experiences when his very poor father was sent to debtor's prison over a ridiculous amount. It was a trauma he never forgot and quite got over, poor chile.
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by ayomorocco(f): 6:08pm On Oct 08, 2008
Mad_Max:

Was Charles Dickens an aristocrat? Naw. I faintly recall reading that his background to Oliver Twist was furnished by his own WorkHouse experiences when his very poor father was sent to debtor's prison over a ridiculous amount. It was a trauma he never forgot and quite got over, poor chile.

I do not know much about the biography of Dickens, but do you know any other book you might have studied in school that has a young character who asks for more (other than Oliver Twist)? If there is such other book, then it might be that other author and I would have been wrong to say Dickens [but I doubt I am].
Re: The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by vescucci(m): 2:07pm On Oct 09, 2008
It appears I gave away too much afterall. undecided But the idea is for somebody to get it sooner or later, huh?

@doyin 13. That's really mature, taking a cheap shot like that. Umberto Eco is correct though. And you my friend have prompted me to give away the answers.

@ Ayomorocco. You seem to be a perfectionist. Anyways, 'the most prolific writer ever' bit was my coinage. I never knew there was even any such award. And I'm sure Mary Faulkner prolly writes with less skill, if she's written so much and never crossed my radar. Same goes for St. John Hamilton. Oldie schmodie! U don't have to scrutinize the Webster's rendition of my words. I meant oldie per her times. She surely never wrote of supercomputers, now did she. Anyway, dearie, you got the three right. Good going.

@Mad_Max. Charles Dickens' family was fairly well to do before his father got sent to jail. And his father got sent to jail due to his ostentatious living. He lived well above his means and it was just a matter of time. In any case, I was not refering to Dicken's aristocracy from just his roots (which isn't lowly at all) but what he became. He laments for the poor folk for he's just an opportuned person to witness it first hand. If his father had been more sensible, he'd have been spared such a hard life.

The answers,

1. Michael Crichton
2. Charles Dickens
3. Barbara Cartland
4. Clive Cussler
5. Umberto Eco
6. Thomas Harris
7. Dean Koontz
8. Sidney Sheldon

So, who's the winner? Mad_Max! Ayomorocco a close runner-up. But I'm most impressed with doyin 13, though I do not care for his vendetta with Bluespice. Biased, yes, but it's my teaser.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

50 Books To Read Before You Reach 50 + DL Links / The Seige: A Short Story / Mary And I (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.