Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. (1390 Views)

Poor Representation On The Front Page.....(must Read) / Literature Section Awards 2013 / Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by Emzypaz(m): 12:18pm On Nov 03, 2014
I have been a registered member of this platform for over a year now and I strongly believe something is wrong.
Sometimes last week, Seun created a thread about employing a super-moderator who will be paid and will see to bringing interesting topics from all sections to the frontpage. My question is, are there no interesting topics in the literature section?
When I first joned Nairaland, on a daily basis, at least a story or
two will make the frontpage but now it is not so. For the past two
months, no story has graced the fp and we still have moderators here? I doubt it.
My ultimate question now is, are topics being moved at random by a robot or on level of credibility and views by a moderators? You'll see topics that will make you switch off your phone on the fp.
Topics like, 'which one is better? Male or female teacher?' ....Please
how does that concern me?
'Dangote cement is now N1,000.' Please does that concern me in anyway.
Yes, it concern some people who wants to go into a building project or the other and yes, stories from the literature section deserves to grace the front page because there are some life changing stories in this section.
I want to call on the pillars of the literature section to do something about this neglect. Lets stand up to the mods, let them know we deserve representation.
Myndd44
Obinnau
Seun..... Do something.
Ishilove
Larrysun
Mazi omenuko
Repogirl
Frank317
Orikinla and others.
Lets join hands and make sure we are well represented. There is a endorsement thread which am sure is not active because other section has nothing like this.
Move topics because they meet the requirements to grace the fp and not on sentiments.

5 Likes

Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by braine(m): 1:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
The problem is that no one puts up interesting topics. I think the mods are fair enough.
Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by timpaker(m): 1:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
There are lots of poems and stories (short ones inclusive) that can be put up too but I think the MOD feels it won't generate traffic (which I feel is one of the goals on Nairaland - to generate traffic!)

But I must voice my mind.... the Poems for Review Section is as dormant as a diplomat bank account grin
None of the topics or poem there graces the FP... This year alone, I can say that just 2 or 3 poems or topics have appeared on FP.

Such a way to promote the section sha.

@OP
I think this Section is of no concern to Seun (this isn't the pet or politics section grin)
Obinnau and Myndd44 over to you. sad

1 Like

Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by Emzypaz(m): 1:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
If you are a regular literature section user, you'll understand what I mean. Between the period of November 2013-June 2014, you'll understand. The rate at which stories makes frontpage, even stories that are yet to start made fp then. But everything just changed all of a sudden.
braine:
The problem is that no one puts up
interesting topics. I think the mods are fair enough.
Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by Emzypaz(m): 1:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
Exactly me point. But I believe you and I with some other like minded people can change things.
timpaker:
There are lots of poems
and stories (short ones inclusive) that can be put up too but I think
the MOD feels it won't generate traffic (which I feel is one of the
goals on Nairaland - to generate traffic!)

But I must voice my mind.... the Poems of Review Section is as dormant
as a diplomat bank account grin
None of the topics or poem there graces the FP... This year alone, I can
say that just 2 or 3 poems or topics have appeared on FP.

Such a way to promote the section sha.
Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by timpaker(m): 2:05pm On Nov 03, 2014
Emzypaz:
Exactly me point. But I believe you and I with some other like minded people can change things.

I'm not good at lobbying.
I once suggested to the people concerned last year for a poetry contest to be put on FP but was ignored.

There is another Poetry contest - a collaborative poetry contest for that matter is around the corner and I see that going the same way that of last year did.

But wasn't surprised when I saw "Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest" on FP.

Na dia way jare...

The best thing is just to pretend as if there is no MOD and have fun frequenting your beloved Literature Section.
Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by repogirl(f): 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
Baffles me also, for a while now topics from here haven't graced the front page, its too bad. I hope the mods responsible take note before this place becomes a shell of what it used to be.
Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by Obinnau(m): 5:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
Your requests are noted. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by D9ty7(m): 5:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
The literature section is an apology and a city without a ruler.
I guess the mods are on sabbatical because, they no longer take derailing as an offence not to talk of moving topics to the frontpage.
I hereby call on Seun, Mynd44 and Obinnau to either do something about this or......
I was left wondering when I saw the Miss Nairaland contest making the frontpage and great stories here are not close to making the fp. Even the endorsement thread created by Cuddlemi or who is no longer functioning. was it really functioning before?
Myn44, Obinnau, you can do something about it. Can't you?
Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by Obinnau(m): 5:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
Truth be told, I have not been active as I used to, due to school stuff and funding. But I plead with literature folks to pls bear with me and give me some time and things will be back to normal. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by stuff46(m): 5:43pm On Nov 03, 2014
Obinnau:
Your requests are noted. Thanks.
good
Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by stuff46(m): 5:44pm On Nov 03, 2014
waitinq on yu
Obinnau:
Truth be told, I have not been active as I used to, due to school stuff and funding. But I plead with literature folks to pls bear with me and give me some time and things will be back to normal. Thanks.
Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by timpaker(m): 5:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
Obinnau:
Even with our man, Myndd44 as a supermod there has been less of our genre's topic on FP. I believe you'll act on it accordingly. Btw, longest time....
Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by D9ty7(m): 6:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
If there is one Nairaland mod I so much trust, his name is Obinnau. I know he will act on it. Mynd can be disappointing atimes but they are all good guys.
Obinnau:
Truth be told, I have not been active as I
used to, due to school stuff and funding. But I plead with literature
folks to pls bear with me and give me some time and things will be back
to normal. Thanks.
Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by LarrySun(m): 8:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
As far as I'm concerned, Obinnau is the moderator here, not Mynd.
Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by LarrySun(m): 9:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
Few of you would know Humbledbygrace; a wonderful writer from South Africa who has sometimes ago trod the footpath of this section with her own blend of quills. I remember quite vividly that the lovely young lady made an almost similar complaint about two rainy seasons ago; but it is safe to conclude that very little was done about the innocent lady's lamentations. And because she seemed to be the only fighter who attempted to slay these dragons of prejudice, her complaints were soon swept under the rug of oblivion. Suffice to say, the obvious neglect became the catalyst that skyrocketed her flight from this section. She has always avoided this section as a devout Isrealite would the plague of Egypt. It's so sad.

Writers, good writers, are gradually deactivating their accounts for obvious reasons. With the way things are fairing, this wonderful session is losing good literati, and dancing on the pins of obscurity!

I'm not writing to point fingers, for even my phalanges are circled around my faithful pens; but I'll still end this diatribe with my common mantra--When giants are toppled, what hope is there for the midgets?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by OMA4U(m): 10:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
braine:
The problem is that no one puts up interesting topics. I think the mods are fair enough.

Who told you that? Please!
Are you saying there are no interesting writings here? ....................
Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by Emzypaz(m): 10:09pm On Nov 03, 2014
Exactly my point.
LarrySun:
Few of you would know Humbledbygrace; a
wonderful writer from South Africa who has sometimes ago trod the
footpath of this section with her own blend of quills. I remember quite
vividly that the lovely young lady made an almost similar complaint
about two rainy seasons ago; but it is safe to conclude that very little
was done about the innocent lady's lamentations. And because she seemed
to be only fighter who attempted to slay these dragons of prejudice,
her complaints were soon swept under the rug of oblivion. Suffice to
say, the obvious neglect became the catalyst that skyrocketed her flight
from this section. She has always avoided this section as a devout
Isrealite would the plague of Egypt. It's so sad.

Writers, good writers, are gradually deactivating their accounts for
obvious reasons. With the way things are fairing, this wonderful session
is losing good literati, and dancing on the pins of obscurity!

I'm not writing to point fingers, for even my phalanges are circled
around my faithful pens; but I'll still end this diatribe with my common
mantra--When giants are toppled, what hope is there for the midgets?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by braine(m): 10:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
OMA4U:

Who told you that? Please!
Are you saying there are no interesting writings here? ....................

Yes that's what I'm saying. I visit this section well.
Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
SEUN..... DO SOMETHING
Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
Repogirl's story has finally made the fp. The questions we should ask are
will it be once in a blue moon?
Weekly?
Every two weeks?
Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by Obinnau(m): 11:34pm On Nov 03, 2014
Divepen:
Repogirl's story has finally made the fp. The questions we should ask are
will it be once in a blue moon?
Weekly?
Every two weeks?

hey sorry for ignoring your mails before.
Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by zyzxx(m): 11:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
braine:

Yes that's what I'm saying. I visit this section well.
bro God forgive u oo
Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 04, 2014
zyzxx:
bro God forgive u oo
Amen..
I can't blame him he only visit and does not spend ample time here.

1 Like

Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 04, 2014
Obinnau:
hey sorry for ignoring your mails before.
It's nothing...welcome back...
Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by solotutu(m): 2:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
Okay repogirl's story made it. I think 7deserve it. Yes 7 cos for months now i havent seen. A story makes the readers go page by page and nt randomly like in other sections.

So why not move more than 2 or 3 @ a time. This would serve well.

And it will reduce Ghost-moding cos that's the very foundation of unappreciation in this Lit. Sec.

Dont let potential writerd here not refer to this platform when theyve made it.

Appreciate now@ Mods.
Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by AudreyTimms(f): 6:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
Hello, I have something to say.

Please, I feel all the stories that won awards this year should be on the front page. I mean the ones that haven't graced the front page yet. For them to win awards ought to count for something.

It might not be at once but at least before the year comes to an end.

My thoughts though. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. by timpaker(m): 12:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
Ya'll shouldn't forget the "Poem for Review Section" ooooo
Please give us our own slot too on the FP

(1) (Reply)

Conji Na Bastard / Hey Book Lovers! What Book(s) Are You Currently Reading? / The Devil In The Altar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.