Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,643 members, 7,813,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? (10841 Views)

Read All Nigerian Newspaper For Free...updated Daily / Nigerian Newspaper Sacks Editor Who Asked For His Right‏ / All Nigeria Newspaper Headlines In One Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by Seun(m): 7:15am On Sep 14, 2005
Hello,

I was just wondering what everyone's "best" Nigerian newspaper is, and why.

It so happens that my favorite paper is the Daily Guardian, closely followed by Thisday, because of the informative content typically found in them.

My favorite edition of the Guardian Newspaper is the Wednesday Edition, because of all the phone and computer adverts and articles in their weekly Compulife magazine section.

I know that Thisday also has a weekly 'E-business' column, but I don't remember what day it is (I think it's Thursday?)

In summary, my 'best' Nigerian newspaper is the Wednesday Guardian! grin

Yours?
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by hotangel2(f): 7:31am On Sep 14, 2005
When i was in Nigeria, My Mom (aunt), used to bring lots and lots of SUN magazines. I fell in love with it, and i still check their website for some update.. (even though i have been there in like 2 months).

Mine has to be SUN news paper, Page three is for SUN girl, I always.. always go for that page. And i love the section that has to do with puzzles and quiz.
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by mycutiepie(f): 7:52am On Sep 14, 2005
I will forever love PUNCH because of the columns especialy the one that covers ARTS/ENTERTAINMENT except for weekend, then that weekend award go go to DAILY TIMES because of the true life stories they feature. rolleyes
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by DEKING3(m): 10:11am On Sep 14, 2005
Just like Seun, I like Wednesday Guardian coz of the compulife section. It actually used to be Tuesday Guardian.
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by angelak(f): 10:18am On Sep 14, 2005
I love Tuesday and Thursday Guardian because of the various job vacancies that they advertise!
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by dovey(m): 10:46am On Sep 14, 2005
My best Nigerian Newspaper is Sunday Punch and it is because of the fashion and style page. I am a fashion conscious person and so l love reading the column. Thank you
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by layi(m): 11:27am On Sep 14, 2005
I love Daily Guardian. I never miss wedsday for same reasons Seun gave.
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by fabian(f): 3:09pm On Sep 14, 2005
I love THIS DAY. Especially, the weekend editions.
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by johnbosco(m): 3:24pm On Sep 14, 2005
I love PM News, do you guys want to know why? Because they lie a lot! cheesy
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by hotangel2(f): 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2005
people, No SUN news paper fan??
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by layi(m): 5:39pm On Sep 14, 2005
@HotA
Sun newspaper/mag is more of tabloid. I love it. I buy it almost everyday but i would place under 'newspapers'
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by queen2(f): 6:14pm On Sep 14, 2005
Mine's sun news and sometimes i do check online for the latest news.
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by cushman(m): 6:22pm On Sep 14, 2005
It so happens that I have two favourites: Thisday and Punch. They both have a well expressed content touching every aspect.
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by NSNA: 11:07pm On Sep 14, 2005
a while now, but i'll definately still go for Punch plus the comic section.
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by WesleyanA(f): 6:04am On Sep 15, 2005
PUNCH. that's what my parents used to read. the entertainment/lifestyle/comic sections are the best.
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by Nobody: 5:53am On Sep 24, 2005
yeah Hot-Angel i'm a SUN fan. for real they're the most popular newspaper in the country. but they're more of a tabloid sha. my favourite girl in the Sun has got to be Juliana Francis. she's one of their columinst and writers. checkout her intimacy column http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/columnists/index.htm

Laide from Xanga in my opinion is a young version of her...cheesy
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by walaky(m): 5:39pm On Feb 13, 2006
is tarted Reading newspaper everyday in 2001 cause why? we always get one at least for the office in the place where i work back then, I'm always in a postion to choose atoms, i can't but choose the Punch cause why MAMA LASISI, though she's not always featured everyday on the comic column but still the Punch is one of the best Newspaper we have here in naija, most are just regional but Punch they cover every nooks and crannies of this country, big ups
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by jayvinnie(m): 9:44pm On Mar 02, 2006
sun newspaper is the best paper on the state b/cos the good answer
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by Johnny(m): 12:34pm On Apr 04, 2006
The Sun Newspaper is my best Nigerian's paper.
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by drered(m): 2:19pm On Apr 06, 2006
well i like the sun like hangel followed by the sun and my reason is that they are not as boring as others
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:15pm On Apr 06, 2006
Sun Newspaper, We even get am for Toronto shocked shocked shocked
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by Badman888(m): 11:17pm On Apr 06, 2006
Mine is the Sun newspaper "toronto sun" is kinds dry like the Nigerian one

www.sunnewsonline.com
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by Dauda(m): 12:02am On Apr 07, 2006
Guardian is my favorite.
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by otokx(m): 9:21am On Apr 07, 2006
thisday newspapers which can be accessed online at www.thisdayonline.com
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by babasala(m): 1:14pm On Apr 07, 2006
The Punch, especially Sunday Punch.
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by zebudaya(m): 1:50pm On Apr 07, 2006
THISDAY And Guardian forever, like the cartoons in punch and vanguard

Sun is too sensationalist to be a newspaper. They have stupid stories like

Baby with 4 legs born in a hospital

Ibadan: Manhunt for man caught in bed with another man http://odili.net/news/source/2006/apr/2/827.html
and then they put your picture just to embarass you!
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by Remigius: 2:02pm On Apr 07, 2006
Every one really seem to love the Sun! However, my best newspaper is the BusinessDay, especially the Tuesday, Thursday and Friday - because of the Mastering Management Series; Investors; and Harvard Business Review Columns of theses days. Check it out guys and you'll love it shocked
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by diyobdw(f): 5:57pm On Apr 07, 2006
Guardian esp wednsdy
Punch next
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by papermoon(f): 6:14pm On Apr 07, 2006
cry
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by laideo(f): 6:21pm On Apr 07, 2006
mos definately 'sun newspaper'

hot angel knows wasup.
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by kimba(m): 7:07pm On Apr 07, 2006
for me, its ngrguardiannews.com
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by gentleaura(m): 9:28pm On Apr 07, 2006
Although I dont have much choice than to read Guardian everyday after delivery, I love Guardian still. After Sun came along, I enjoyed both . but looking for the meticulous news, Guardian will be my pick, but tabloids, ooh pls Sun got it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mermaid Found Alive By Beach Side In Lagos(photo) / Bird With Human Head[pictured] / Hugo Academy Graduate Trainee 2022 By Hugo Technologies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.