Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,434 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? (10840 Views)

Read All Nigerian Newspaper For Free...updated Daily / Nigerian Newspaper Sacks Editor Who Asked For His Right‏ / All Nigeria Newspaper Headlines In One Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by LoverBwoy(m): 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2006
I AM NOT A WHITE MAN!!  angry

u really don't pay ANY attention to details, if you look closely I posted the source of those comments- naijablog

apart from quality of print there are other things you should notice spellings, unnecessary grammar(what happened to simple English),use of words and the constant "our very reliable source who pleaded anonymity" and so many catchphrases like they are copying each other, and for some reason they also copy and paste news from other websites like BBC even on local issues.

pay attention to details!!
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by spikedcylinder: 6:57pm On Aug 30, 2006
Take it easy loverboy,i noticed you pasted that post in italics which i translated to mean that those were not your words but anybody could easily misunderstand seeing as you didnt answer the question the thread is asking.

As for me,my favourite newspaper is ThisDay on sunday simply because of the style section.I actually buy the paper for 200bucks,draw out the centre fold which is the style magazine and throw the rest of the paper away or give it to someone who wants to read.

I grew up reading Punch and Tribune and Daily Times.Though the last two are almost defunct now,i still find myself reading Punch each time my dad or mum purchase it.I love the saturday cartoons. . . lol!
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:34am On Aug 31, 2006
i did answer the question

the Guardian grin
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by Ebano(m): 11:48am On Aug 31, 2006
I enjoy reading the sun newspaper its so informative and and entertaining especially the tourism section which gives an informative first hand report on life inside and outside nigeria.
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by ladenz(m): 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2006
God day Francis. You mean to say you read all these papers? You try O! How do you manage to buy all of them? Or is there a place where you can borrow?
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by theforce(m): 3:44am On Sep 08, 2006
Punch i read everyday, On sundays i add Thisday or TheSun and may be i may read Guardian on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

But for me the most COMPLETE newspaper is THEPUNCH Newspapers Monday to Sunday.
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by queen2(f): 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2006
wow, punch won
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by seeker(m): 5:55pm On Sep 08, 2006
For me it's Businessday and Thisday.

No one has commented on the typo's, poor grammar, and the poor grammar disguised as typo's.
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by adetunrayo(f): 1:08pm On Sep 09, 2006
I love sun cos it covers all aspect of life.I love the romance,art,fashion and entertainment section.
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by queen2(f): 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2006
adetunrayo:

I love sun because it covers all aspect of life.I love the romance,art,fashion and entertainment section.

main reasons why u love it
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by trippkex: 5:15pm On Aug 22, 2007
Sun Newspapers should be the worst cos they are champions in speculative junkism, they prefer half truth or outright lies
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by Jaytee67(m): 9:13am On Mar 05, 2008
Mine is The Punch followed by Guardian, Vanguard and Nigerian Tribune newspapers in that order. The Punch is usually very informative and unbiased.
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by felucci(m): 9:35am On Jan 29, 2009
Well for me, it is the Guardian Newspapers, still the best.

----------------------------------------------
http://www.nigeriannewspapers.us
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by funmeme(f): 10:24am On Jan 29, 2009
UP PUNCH! they re the best 4 me ooooooooo!!!
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 02, 2009
I like Vanguard and Punch. Buy both every single day since i came home
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by tayoast(m): 4:24pm On Feb 03, 2009
Mine is The Tribune Titles. Their Sports Coverage is second to none
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by raphaelmaxwell: 11:18am On Aug 01, 2012
the sun is my favorite,i just like their tabloid thing.I also enjoy the fashion court in their Sunday.
Re: What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? by tck2000(m): 4:22pm On Jun 28, 2019
Sporting sun

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bird With Human Head[pictured] / Mermaid Found Alive By Beach Side In Lagos(photo) / Hugo Academy Graduate Trainee 2022 By Hugo Technologies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.