Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Time To Legalize It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To Legalize It (2723 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce / DEAL: Buhari to legalize gay marriage if US helps him win, / Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To Legalize It by henrydan(m): 6:52pm On Sep 25, 2008
Hello Nairalanders, i was doing some thinking.I just thot maybe it's HIGH time government does something to our dope sector.I mean the plant Cannabis Sattiva.research has shown that this plant is really,really good for the health.In place of a medicinal plant like that,Nigerians are dying everyday consuming Nicotine from Benson,Dorchester,Rothmans and all that crap(besides that is what is killing our President, i know him to be a good consumer of Benson & Hedges,even Jay Jay Okocha takes Benson,Yinka Craig just died from Cancer yesterday in the States)which is very bad.Weed is a plant that when you abuse it,it also abuses you it's not that bad as most people think, IT'S MEDICINAL.
So if you want to be an advocate for the legalization of weed, PUT YOUR HANDS UP!!

1 Like

Re: Time To Legalize It by blackspade(m): 7:02pm On Sep 25, 2008
Too bad too many Nigerians think Ganja is worse than crack at times. I for one smoke weed often, and I believe if you are to use it responsibly, there are no side effects besides the FUN PART! I am an example of how if you prioritize your weed consumption, you can still be successful. I'm in school right now, have numerous essays to write, not to mention study. After I complete my tasks, then that is the time I light up! Also, using a "vaporizer" is a far better alternative to a blunt, it's better for your lungs. Also, in my state I live in, in America, weed is on the verge of being LEGALIZED!

http://laist.com/2008/06/30/california_to_legalize_weed_for_eve_1.php

So, I wholeheartedly agree that the Ganja should be legalized, it's not as bad as so many people are brainwashed into thinking. Matter of fact, this thread is making me want to go pick up some PURPS! ~ Later~ cheesy

[CENTER][/CENTER]
Re: Time To Legalize It by Ibime(m): 7:40pm On Sep 25, 2008
Na so craze dey start.
Re: Time To Legalize It by Jakumo(m): 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2008
The punishment for marijuana possession in Nigeria can be severe to say the least, with many people rotting away as we speak in Nigerian jails because they were caught with no more than tiny amounts of the "Killer Weed". A joint will get you ten behind bars with hard labor in Nigeria, and that is if the presiding judge happens to be in a good mood.

The stiff penalties for lighting up funny cigarettes in Nigeria combine with an EXTREMELY intolerant attitude towards weed by the vast majority of Nigerians who regard weed smokers as being likely armed robbers, rapists or murderers, such that only the very foolhardy would ever pass a non-critical comment about marijuana in public, talk less of admitting to experimentation in that realm.
Re: Time To Legalize It by redsun(m): 1:07am On Sep 26, 2008
Same as america too,a joint can put in jail for like 30 or more days,if you are not careful,even weed paraphernalia.Alot of blacks are so-called jail birds in america for just possession of bag of ten dollars weed.Unnecessarily harsh laws to put the innocent down by all means .If all those rednecks can smoke weed,they will stop being fucking racist,they will see clearly
Re: Time To Legalize It by ikeyman00(m): 5:33am On Sep 26, 2008
carry go
Re: Time To Legalize It by blackspade(m): 5:57am On Sep 26, 2008
redsun:

Same as america too,a joint can put in jail for like 30 or more days,if you are not careful,even weed paraphernalia.Alot of blacks are so-called jail birds in america for just possession of bag of ten dollars weed.Unnecessarily harsh laws to put the innocent down by all means .If all those rednecks can smoke weed,they will stop being fucking racist,they will see clearly
No, laws in America regarding Marijuana differ depending on what state you're in. In California where I stay, if a police officer sees you have weed under an ounce (28 grams), you're more likely to be just given a warning, and if the cop is an asshole, he'll give you a $120 ticket, and that's as far as it goes. If you have over an ounce of weed you get taken to the police station for a maximum of 24 hours, then let go with a court date.

California is also one of I think 12 states who have the "Medical Marijuana" system, where people who get "Cannabis Cards" are free to smoke whenever they want without fear of the law interfering with their consumption.

In Texas, penalties are EXTREMELY severe. Simple possession of weed is an automatic 24 hour jail sentence, and possibly more depending on what they find. Possession of an ounce of Marijuana (28 grams) in Texas, is automatic 6 months in jail. Distribution (selling) is double that. lipsrsealed

Any Nigerians out there who enjoy the Dagga, I recommend going to states who are more liberal, like California, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, and Maryland. They also have the option of gettin Cannabis cards. That is all. I'll disappear. cheesy
Re: Time To Legalize It by c33b33(m): 8:17am On Sep 26, 2008
I don't smoke but i'll support it's legalize cos i don't see any difference btw allowing cigar smokers & not marijuana smoker.It should just be controlled.
Re: Time To Legalize It by abdurrazaq(m): 8:25am On Sep 26, 2008
It may not be officially legalised but, it is definitely unoficially Legal in Nigeria. grin tongue
Re: Time To Legalize It by TPS360: 9:42am On Sep 26, 2008
its like henrydan smoked weed before posting this topic,
Re: Time To Legalize It by henrydan(m): 9:29pm On Sep 28, 2008
its like henrydan smoked weed before posting this topic,
Ya man i smoke blunt everyday man.Matter of fact,i have a big blunt burning as i'm writting to
Re: Time To Legalize It by davidif: 9:58pm On Sep 28, 2008
yeah, you want Nigeria to turn to holland or Jamaica where everybody is lazy and smokes all day and you wonder why oyinbo people think we are good for nothing.

In Nigeria, with all our problems, we at least seek refuge in religion or friends. If they legalize marijuana, all hell would break loose.
Re: Time To Legalize It by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 29, 2008
davidif:

yeah, you want Nigeria to turn to holland or Jamaica where everybody is lazy and smokes all day and you wonder why oyinbo people think we are good for nothing.

In Nigeria, with all our problems, we at least seek refuge in religion or friends. If they legalize marijuana, all hell would break loose.
grin grin grin grin

legalize wetin? It's not even legalized yet and we have a prob with the mafia. imagine what will happen if it gets legalized.

The likes of bawolomo would be . . . .
Re: Time To Legalize It by A40(m): 2:04am On Sep 29, 2008
Blueberry Yum Yum grin
[b]
Warning from the Surgeon-General:[/b]Excessive weed-smoking is known to give a brother brain damage
Re: Time To Legalize It by bawomolo(m): 2:23am On Sep 29, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

grin grin grin grin

legalize wetin? It's not even legalized yet and we have a prob with the mafia. imagine what will happen if it gets legalized.

The likes of bawolomo would be . . . .

dealing that ganja for a profit cool
Re: Time To Legalize It by Nobody: 3:59am On Sep 29, 2008
rolling my eyes
Re: Time To Legalize It by chusben(m): 8:51am On Sep 29, 2008
To me i feel anything in excess is not good, meanwhile the federal ministry of health warns that smokers are liable to death.
Re: Time To Legalize It by Mpele(m): 10:35am On Sep 29, 2008
For the first time I agree with you people. Ganja must be legalised. In South Africa it could lead you to jail for three months. Anyway some of us smoke it.
Re: Time To Legalize It by smile4kenn(m): 10:59am On Sep 29, 2008
Yes oo, my brodas. Ganja must be legalized!!!

Its medicinal and its 100% good for our health,

I see a dream of Legalized Ganja worldwide in few years to come
Re: Time To Legalize It by ifihearam: 11:38am On Sep 29, 2008
kolo people full nairaland oooo
Re: Time To Legalize It by JustGood(m): 2:24pm On Sep 29, 2008
This thread is a sign/result of the increasing bastardisation of the Nigerian psyche grin

Seriously, how does any normal human being have the nerve to advocate the legalisation of cannabis? It wont be long till westerners realise that too many of their people are taking cocaine and they'll legalise the use of cocaine, at which point some people will call on us to follow suit.

Follow follow without using brains will end up in the gutter. Ohhhhh we're actually in a gutter already; maybe we're now headed for the graveyard
Re: Time To Legalize It by Jakumo(m): 3:06pm On Sep 29, 2008
Just Good have no fear.  Weed will NEVER be legalized in Nigeria because it simply is not needed, given that the enterprising youth of Kano have recently discovered and patented a far superior high achievable by deeply inhaling the concentrated methane aroma of open sewage gutters.   

In light of this discovery, proposing the legalization of marijuana in Nigeria would be as sacrilegious as suggesting that a Ferrari owner make do with a rusted-out Volkswagen beetle.
Re: Time To Legalize It by blacksta(m): 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2008
You Guys have started to lose your moral values. Can you imagine you are all discussing about hard drugs, see wetin Americanism don cause o!!!!
Re: Time To Legalize It by bawomolo(m): 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2008
blacksta:

You Guys have started to lose your moral values. Can you imagine you are all discussing about hard drugs, see wetin Americanism don cause o!!!!

oxycotton and methadone are harder drugs than marijuana but they are supposedly legal through prescription. here are the toxins in the cigarette that many nigerians with high moral values enjoy

http://quitsmoking.about.com/cs/nicotineinhaler/a/cigingredients.htm

yeye people, why don't u go ahead and support alcohol prohibition
Re: Time To Legalize It by Nobody: 3:25am On Sep 30, 2008
bawolomo, you're so weird, that's sth I like abt you.
Dude, you're so weird its so funny
Re: Time To Legalize It by bawomolo(m): 3:56am On Sep 30, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

bawolomo, you're so weird, that's sth I like about you.
Dude, you're so weird its so funny

aww i would take that as a compliment kiss
Re: Time To Legalize It by Nobody: 4:04am On Sep 30, 2008
wink "
Re: Time To Legalize It by Nobody: 5:02am On Sep 30, 2008
How would it move Nigeria forward? undecided
Re: Time To Legalize It by Jakumo(m): 9:42am On Sep 30, 2008
stillwater:

How would it move Nigeria forward? undecided

Legalizing marijuana would move Nigeria forward by generating HIGH returns from state and federal taxes that would accrue from levies imposed on smokers, sellers and exporters of the Devil Weed. Dog handlers could be trained to seek out and subdue recalcitrant offenders and smoking-tax-dodgers, to ensure the success of this visionary new program.

To raise additional revenue from de-criminalization, the Nigerian police could be assigned the task of imposing cash penalties on all pedestrians rounded up in any location where suspicious odors are perceived, enhancing the welfare of underpaid law-enforcement officials who might have otherwise been tempted to market the product themselves, to make ends meet.
Re: Time To Legalize It by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 30, 2008
bawomolo:

oxycotton and methadone are harder drugs than marijuana but they are supposedly legal through prescription. here are the toxins in the cigarette that many nigerians with high moral values enjoy
http://quitsmoking.about.com/cs/nicotineinhaler/a/cigingredients.htm

yeye people, why don't u go ahead and support alcohol prohibition

Which Nigerian with "high moral values" see cigarette smoking as a mere passtime? undecided
Re: Time To Legalize It by bawomolo(m): 6:07pm On Sep 30, 2008
Which Nigerian with "high moral values" see cigarette smoking as a mere passtime? Undecided

rothman's, the best tobacco money can buy grin. although a highly religious society, companies like Nigerian breweries, Guiness and rothman's are making nice profits in Nigeria. one has to wonder why. marijuana is less toxic than cigarette and should be legalized.
Re: Time To Legalize It by henrydan(m): 9:29pm On Oct 01, 2008
Look seriously guys, i want to sound this as a note of warning here, IF YOU KNOW SAY YOU WANT MAKE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PLACE BAN ON CIGAR DEN COME LEGALIZE WEED,SUPPORT ME not to come here and start telling me if kolo people don full nairaland or not.I'm serious about it.I need a support strenght of about 5000 Nigerians or more before i start my campaign which entails
#Creating a website(www.legalizeitng.com)which is almost completed
#Production of Wrist Band Shirts and many more
i just need support that's all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Political Office Holders Highest Paid Globally, Says Transparency / We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President / Suswam: ASUU Wants To Bring Down Jonathan’s Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.