Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Please Recommend A Good Hotel In Lagos (ikoyi/ Vi Area) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Recommend A Good Hotel In Lagos (ikoyi/ Vi Area) (10205 Views)

A Drone In Ikoyi-Lekki Link Bridge Found This (Video) / This Is Ajose Adeogun, VI Lagos And Not New York City. / Need Good Hotel At Reasonable Price In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Recommend A Good Hotel In Lagos (ikoyi/ Vi Area) by SweetLola: 1:10pm On Sep 26, 2008
Hello

I'm visiting Lagos this christmas and need to find a good hotel within my budget.

My past experience of hotels in Nigeria is that you can pay good money and still sometimes end up in a filthy room , without a shower (they put a bucket in the bath) or with poor service.

What I'm looking for is somewhere thats clean decent, safe and with good facilities preferably where all the fun and entertainment is i.e Ikoyi / VI/ Lekki

My budget is between $100-$150 per night for a double room (can also go up to $200 but prefer to spend my money on other stuff).  Last time i booked a room I paid £60 per night i.e $120 and couldn't even stay there.

Also if you know of any holiday houses / villas where I can rent the whole house/flat for 2-4 weeks , I'd be grateful , obviously would be prepared to pay a lot more for a whole flat / house.

Thanks for your help
Re: Please Recommend A Good Hotel In Lagos (ikoyi/ Vi Area) by landis(m): 5:24pm On Sep 26, 2008
A good hotel in Lagos starts from $300.

These are hotels(Eko, Protea, Sofitel, Sheraton) from which I can get some level of service close to what I am used to.

That said, you still find the rooms, services etc not up to world class.

For $200 dont expect anything.
Re: Please Recommend A Good Hotel In Lagos (ikoyi/ Vi Area) by PapaBrowne(m): 6:57pm On Sep 26, 2008
I don't advice you to stay in VI or IKOYI, especially if you are on a tight budget. The hotels in these areas for $100-$200 are to the best of my knowledge decrepit.
My advice would be Lekki. You'd find a couple of really cool new hotels after the first roundabout.

I would reccomend Lekki Astoria. Brand new hotel with really cool rooms,free internet in room, etc. I stayed there recently for just around $70. Same hotel would go 4 maybe 200+ usd in VI OR Ikoyi.
Re: Please Recommend A Good Hotel In Lagos (ikoyi/ Vi Area) by ceasyc(f): 7:58pm On Sep 26, 2008
hey poster
i found dis cool site about 2/3 bedroom
apartment (all to ursef & fully furnished)
to let 4 a short time like hotels
in lagos - lekki, ikeja, etc

i havent tried it but i def will
2 bed apartment starts from #9,500 per day
wud def suit n reduce cost 4 familes
of more than 1 or 2
but i wudnt mind if its just me though

its called www.makeitnigeria.com
check it out

hope u have enuf moni 4 it
goodluck
Re: Please Recommend A Good Hotel In Lagos (ikoyi/ Vi Area) by SweetLola: 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2008
Hey thank you all very much.

I will check out the astoria , also the apartment sounds cool and ould be very useful.

Thanks

Why on earth are Nigerian hotels soo expensive
Re: Please Recommend A Good Hotel In Lagos (ikoyi/ Vi Area) by igbogolo: 2:39pm On Oct 06, 2008
@ sweetlola

please come and stay in my apartment. i also stay in lekki phase 1
am single and alone,
i wont charge you a kobo sweel lola baby.
Re: Please Recommend A Good Hotel In Lagos (ikoyi/ Vi Area) by busybody20: 3:59pm On Oct 06, 2008
igbogolo:

@ sweetlola

please come and stay in my apartment. i also stay in lekki phase 1
am single and alone,
i wont charge you a kobo sweel lola baby.

lol, sweetlola baby, hv u considered his offer? make sure u dont go there unaccompained oooo, grin

@sweet lola,

Anytime i'm at Ikoyi, i Use Ambassador's hotel its at Awolowo road ikoyi lagos, its a nice but expensive hotel depending on the suite (room) though.
Re: Please Recommend A Good Hotel In Lagos (ikoyi/ Vi Area) by IEB: 8:02pm On May 16, 2009
I'm not completely sure of the pricing, but I stayed in Moorhouse when my house was being fumigated,
It's really nice, with good service. smiley
Re: Please Recommend A Good Hotel In Lagos (ikoyi/ Vi Area) by Naijagirly(f): 6:52pm On May 18, 2009
www.makeitnigeria.com
Try Precinct Comfort at Ikoyi.
Re: Please Recommend A Good Hotel In Lagos (ikoyi/ Vi Area) by Eclairs: 6:24pm On Jan 01, 2010
SweetLola:

Hey thank you all very much.

I will check out the astoria , also the apartment sounds cool and ould be very useful.

Thanks

Why on earth are Nigerian hotels soo expensive
@poster

what can you say about the astoria? may wanna try it for myself if its ok, is it somewhere you'd recommeded? I just need value for money, air conditioning, tv, fridge, shower, please let me know, thanks
Re: Please Recommend A Good Hotel In Lagos (ikoyi/ Vi Area) by Iretia(m): 11:18pm On Nov 16, 2010
www.LagosLocation.com is Lagos' leading online hotel search and price comparison engine, offering deals in several hotels and guest houses across Lagos. With the launch of this innovative portal, there is no more need for Nigerians to visit each hotel's website one after the other to compare prices, LagosLocation.com brings all the prices into one single portal to give hotel hunters the benefit of price comparison. This offering ranges from budget to luxury five star hotels with regular savings off the normal room rate for a variety of independent and branded hotels in Lagos.

LagosLocation.com makes it easy for users to search for hotel bargain using Lagos suburbs as the search criteria. Users can select a particular suburb e.g. Maryland from the dropdown list and view hotels in each specific location and cross Lagos.
Map of the area is also available in major destinations, making it convenient for users to find hotels that are located in their desired location.

LagosLocation.com contains literally hundreds of hotel rooms in Lagos to give you wider choice.
See below hotel rooms in Victoria Island and their prices

Re: Please Recommend A Good Hotel In Lagos (ikoyi/ Vi Area) by fbiswagger: 5:03am On Nov 17, 2010
SweetLola:

Hello

I'm visiting Lagos this christmas and need to find a good hotel within my budget.

My past experience of hotels in Nigeria is that you can pay good money and still sometimes end up in a filthy room , without a shower (they put a bucket in the bath) or with poor service.

What I'm looking for is somewhere thats clean decent, safe and with good facilities preferably where all the fun and entertainment is i.e Ikoyi / VI/ Lekki

My budget is between $100-$150 per night for a double room (can also go up to $200 but prefer to spend my money on other stuff).  Last time i booked a room I paid £60 per night i.e $120 and couldn't even stay there.

Also if you know of any holiday houses / villas where I can rent the whole house/flat for 2-4 weeks , I'd be grateful , obviously would be prepared to pay a lot more for a whole flat / house.

Thanks for your help

The best hotel you can stay in Victoria Island under a tight budget is Royal Tropicana Hotel @ Ibrahim Waziri Crescent, VI. Their room rates start from N15k (negotiable to a lower price if you are staying for many days). Thats where I stay whenever I am around and their rooms are exquisite, remote control systems, free wifi, 24 hours light (my no.1 requirement), constantly neat, free correct breakfast daily, a stroll away from sliver-bird galleria and more.

And some people may not know, but it shares same fence with Kanu Nwankwo's hotel who's rates starts from N35k per night.
Re: Please Recommend A Good Hotel In Lagos (ikoyi/ Vi Area) by Iretia(m): 7:18am On Feb 09, 2011
Villa Sofia Court –One of Nigeria's most illustrious hotels in Lagos joins www.LagosLocation.com[b][/b]
Villa Sofia Court which was commissioned in 2007, features 19 individually designed rooms and suites. The hotel is located in the secured and serene quiet suburb of Omole Estate (North of Lagos) and is just 15-25 minutes drive from both local and international airport within the city.

Villa Sofia Courts has enhanced position within the design segment with light, scent, sound and decor which are all important elements in the guest experience. Each room has air conditioning, Colour Satellite TV (multi channel) with , Flat Screen LCD TV, Tea/Coffee making facility, Electronic door Key Card, Safety Deposit, Box Hair Dryer, High Speed Internet Access, DVD on Demand, Alarm Clock Radio. Villa Sofia Court offers 15% discount as part of its loyalty program for all Villakard guests. Villa Sofia Court can also arrange pick up services for guests with the efficient Lagos Redcap taxis or the Metro taxis. Pick ups can be from anywhere within Lagos e.g. airport runs, shopping, etc

With this agreement, Villa Sofia Court had joined the list of over 200 hotels and 600 hotel rooms in Lagos listed on www.LagosLocation.com for online promotion and marketing. Each hotel room can be independently searched on LagosLocation.com either by price or surburb.

Re: Please Recommend A Good Hotel In Lagos (ikoyi/ Vi Area) by linearity: 5:17am On Feb 19, 2016
nice, saved.
Re: Please Recommend A Good Hotel In Lagos (ikoyi/ Vi Area) by charmy145: 4:50pm On Nov 14, 2018
You can check https://hotels.ng/guides/travel-ideas/top-30-hotels-in-lagos/ for the best hotels in lagos some of which are located in Victoria island.

(1) (Reply)

Calling All Diasporans, Hints And Tips Needed To Survive This Recession / The UK Is Just Like Nigeria? / LASTMA Announces Closure Of Ahmadu Bello Way, Suggests Alternative Routes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.