Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,869 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? (71759 Views)

A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by soulpatrol(f): 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2006
wow. is that really abuja? very impressive. ive been there before but didnt have a chance to go around the city. but from what i saw i was quite impressed! the streets were clean and not overcrowded with cars. and the restaurants were something else. good food all the way! those people know how to live .and they say the north is dirty! so not true.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Love44(f): 8:04pm On Jul 27, 2006
I am shoke that none of the Niger delta city is not even consider beautiful as Lagos or Abuja with all the money that Nigeria makes from their area. I see why they are complaining about inequality and also the past Northern leaders were useless and they are the cause of the problems in the area and also Nigeria as whole, but Obasanjo is good. I am ashame ashame ashame oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by naijadiva2(f): 8:10pm On Jul 27, 2006
the cities look very pretty
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by otokx(m): 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2006
with time Abuja will degenerate, but i think its the current best in West Africa.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by omogenaija(f): 8:50pm On Jul 27, 2006
dont u need to choose the best country in west africa to determine the best city in west africa ?
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by nilla(f): 8:53pm On Jul 27, 2006
Abuja
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by ZuluNation(m): 8:57pm On Jul 27, 2006
The best city to live in; West Africa, African, Nigeria is Enugu. The people are friendly and the girls are way HOT cool cool cool and smart.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by needeeg(m): 9:09pm On Jul 27, 2006
Kaduna LOOOL, tongue
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by miky(m): 9:37pm On Jul 27, 2006
abuja is the best in west africa. for real

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9htfR58IMlE7B8BVg6jzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=13au5iflg/EXP=1154118140/**http%3a//www.interet-general.info/IMG/nigeria-abuja-greve-generale-12octobre2004-3-2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9iby6C6IclEJZMAPB.jzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12njj5u2i/EXP=1154118458/**http%3a//www.iwalktoschool.org/quotes/photos/nigeria_abuja_baliz2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9htfR63IslEHyEBzeijzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=11vb45nsh/EXP=1154118711/**http:/%3a[/img]

[img]http://www.diembaker.de/Images/velodr42.jpg[/img]
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by omogenaija(f): 9:46pm On Jul 27, 2006
wow thats really beautiful , i'm impressed

but i thought they only built houses like that in america

nigerian houses r suppose to be nicer than that,

the house in the last picture looks like the houses in some part of new york
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by miky(m): 12:07am On Jul 28, 2006
its some expatraites that built their house like that in nigeria

http://www.royalsanderton.com/model.htm
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Txlonghorn(m): 12:16am On Jul 28, 2006
@miky

I was in Nigeria just last month, I saw the last pic in your post, if I'm not mistaking that building is right next to the stadium. I was very impressed, I pray them go keep Hausa people away from the stadium so they don't shitt all over the thing sef angry lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 28, 2006
i dunno ived only lived in lagos

oh yeah n abeokuta 4 boarding school)

but i heard abuja n ghana's real nice
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:41am On Jul 28, 2006
Txlonghorn:

@miky

I was in Nigeria just last month, I saw the last pic in your post, if I'm not mistaking that building is right next to the stadium. I was very impressed, I pray them go keep Hausa people away from the stadium so they don't shitt all over the thing sef angry lipsrsealed

sigh cry, when will we learn undecided
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by hola2ng(m): 9:45am On Jul 28, 2006
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by tomiwizzle(m): 1:42pm On Jul 28, 2006
hi i kinda agree whif saiesta that the best place to hang vout is eitfer accra or abidjan. but have you tried abuja or lagos its kinda hot there to.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by toshmann(m): 4:11pm On Jul 28, 2006
abidjan used to be it, now the war has spoilt it.
lagos is not in the list. it is an assylum.
abuja is great. but it is expensive and fit for the rich only.
accra looks good. but it has the problems of a capital and the population is increasing faster then the facilities.

the best city to live in west africa, even if you aint so rich u can still enjoy the beauty, is,

calabar

check this out.

cheap
low crime rate
sexy
fun loving
low population
very green city
great roads
surrounded by the cross river
pretty smiling ladies wink

what more do you want.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by omonozozo(m): 4:27pm On Jul 28, 2006
abidjan used to be it, now the war has spoilt it.

I wonder why people keep mentioning Abidjan, do you want us to time travel?
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by omonozozo(m): 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2006
This is downtown Accra, where there is the highest concentration of office and administrative buildings.
Nice isn't it?

Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by kelvin(m): 6:18pm On Jul 28, 2006
So Abuja is okay, I have never been to Abidjan, but I heard it was Paris in Africa until the war came,
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2006
ABuja is the best citY in west Africa
J'bourg is the best city in all of africa, followed by Cairo

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by omonozozo(m): 2:04am On Jul 29, 2006
This is Dakar! not bad at all.

Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by bammidele(m): 5:50am On Jul 29, 2006
Abuja
Abidjan or whatever She's call
Accra
Lagos known as Lasgidis

All these Cities, all have their Unique Senses , how do you Measure a city?, by Skycrappers, Highway, Flyover,Security, or the Beat of the Street ?
there are so many Features you'll find in Accra and you cannot find in Abuja same as Lagos and you wont find it in Accra either,
so watch yah!
they are all Unique in their Ways
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by segedoo(m): 6:09am On Jul 29, 2006
definitely abuja.
calabar is cool too
@toshmann
HIV % is extremely high in calabar, 12.5% as at 2004
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by JayOJay(m): 6:15am On Jul 29, 2006
Abuja U fine oooooooooo! cool cool cool
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by WesleyanA(f): 6:45am On Jul 29, 2006
nice pic of Dakar, omonozozo. smiley
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by babe1(f): 7:14am On Jul 29, 2006
The best city to me would be Houston Texas, in the United States of America. Sorry guys never been anywhere else in west africa except nigeria.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by WesleyanA(f): 7:28am On Jul 29, 2006
babe1:

The best city to me would be Houston Texas. . .
I heard from several sources that Houston is horrible (for people not used to big city life i guess).
but the cost of living is cheap so that's a good point.

do you know about Rice Uni? if yes, how is it? is it right in the middle of houston?
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Txlonghorn(m): 7:34am On Jul 29, 2006
WesleyanA:

I heard from several sources that Houston is horrible (for people who's not used to big city life i guess).
but the cost of living is cheap so that's a good point.

do you know about Rice Uni? if yes, how is it? is it right in the middle of houston?

------

I still pick Dakar over any city in west Africa.

I used to live in Houston when I was going to UT. I still prefer Dallas over Houston, just my opinion.

Girl why bother with Rice, University of Texas all the way dear(Go longhorns)
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by WesleyanA(f): 7:43am On Jul 29, 2006
I don't live in Texas so i'll have to pay tons as an out-of-stater.
and my state (RI) don't have a really good Uni. so i'll have to settle for a "cheap but good" private college.

sucks for people like me who don't live in states with great colleges/uni like yours.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by babadee(m): 4:37pm On Jul 29, 2006
whichever city you pick, Don"t choose Lagos, its a diseaster waiting to happen
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by babe1(f): 6:23pm On Jul 29, 2006
Well just like every city in america they have ghetto world and when ppl live there of cos they would say it is horrible. i live on the west side of houston and cost of living aint cheap here. You have homes here for 4million dollars and up and still some that r in the $150.000 and up , Any where in america food is cheap but everything else u shop for if u want cheap. So ummm Wesleyan ur sources r wronggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Feel So Lonely & Sad" Nigerian Lady Residing In Canada Weeps (pic/video) / Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad / Lagos Guy Flaunts his N3million Emirates First Class airline seat (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.