Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? (71702 Views)

A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by babe1(f): 6:27pm On Jul 29, 2006
Whomever wants to know about rice university, it is a good school but close to the worse part of town in houston, 3rd ward. thats part of the ghetto community but university of hosuton is also there, good schools but not a good area. u just need tight security alarm.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by WesleyanA(f): 4:00am On Jul 30, 2006
babe1:

rice university. . . is . . . close to the worse part of town in houston, 3rd ward. thats part of the ghetto community but university of hosuton is also there, good schools but not a good area. u just need tight security alarm.

Maybe that's the reason people who go to rice assume all of houston is bad.
I guess one can't always rely on homogeneous sources.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by babe1(f): 7:01am On Jul 30, 2006
yup, yup, yup, u gat that rite Wes cheesy
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by OldGlory1(m): 3:31pm On Jul 30, 2006
Segedoo

Please where did you get the HIV infection rate of Calabar? Please give me your sources.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by JayOJay(m): 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2006
Guys u are far away from the topic now! Haba!
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by toshmann(m): 7:23pm On Jul 30, 2006
@segedoo

condom dey

by the way, u should stick to your partner. wink

and HIV dey everywhere
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Cleofel(f): 1:50am On Aug 03, 2006
ACCRA
ABUJA
ABIJAN
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by dblock(m): 3:54am On Aug 03, 2006
Abidjan isn't the best city in West Africa it was the best city in the whole of Africa in the 70s butta corruption and lack od developments have stunted it's growth. I reckon the best city in West Africa is Dakar followed by Abuja and then Accra. Abuja is technically better than Dakar but the city aint complete yet all those pics of Abidjan are old pics long before the war.

Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by zluz(m): 3:09am On Oct 17, 2006
hi girls and boys, how are you? I´m from brazil, next year I´ll be at Nigeria Lagos city, If possible I´d like that you talk about this city please, big hug for you.

Zee
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by deathadder(m): 5:05pm On Oct 19, 2006
Hi guys - could you please give me some advice.

I am a white middle class guy from London.

I find african cities interesting. How safe would somewhere like lagos or
abidjan be?

Cheers
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by superman(m): 7:50pm On Oct 19, 2006
maybe ur best bet is to research into eastern european cities and italy! i think that might help!

yes very interesting!
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by deathadder(m): 10:18am On Oct 20, 2006
Been all round europe, Germany, Italy, Romania, Turkey etc

Are you hinting that I may be out of my depth in Lagos etc?

Thanks pal
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Constantin: 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2006
Don´t go to Abidjan it is a ruined city!!!

Don´t start with Lagos if you are a fist-time traveller to Nigeria

Go to Dakar, Cape Town, Accra, Abuja, Maputo, Windhoek (Namibia), Libreville (Gabon) etc.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Ndipe(m): 3:11am On Oct 21, 2006
Abidjan, before the war was regarded as the "Paris of West Africa". The city is considered the most beautiful in W. Africa.

Another city worth looking into is Dakar, Senegal.

Has anybody ever visited Conakry?
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Constantin: 12:37pm On Oct 21, 2006
Conakry, are you kidding? A stupid dictator has ruined the country, no running water , no food and no electricity for weeks on end! Please not Conakry tongue

Abidjan ws by far the best city in Africa to live in the the 70´s and 80´s but it already faded in the 90´s and crashed after the military coup in 1999 (first in its history) ! Côte d´ivoire is a sad example of a once beautiful and proud african country. cry
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Ndipe(m): 11:25am On Mar 26, 2007
Ever since I read "The African Child", I have always wanted to visit Conakry. Dakar is another spot that I would like to visit. Accra/Ghana is experiencing a renaissance, thanks to tourism and their recently concluded golden anniversary. To be honest, I dont think that I can comfortably live in any other part of Africa, apart from Nigeria.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Jimiyke(m): 6:30pm On Apr 02, 2007
wink PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP MEWITH DETAILS ON HOWI CAN TRAVEL TO GHANA.I MEAN WHAT IT WILL TAKE ME TO STAY THERE FOR ONE WEEK.I WANT TO DO BIZ NEGOTIATION THERE, HOW MUCH IS THERE HOTELS COST FOR ONE NIGHT.PLS SOMEONE SHOULD HELP ME URGENTLY, IYKE 08063963995,08059808867
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by anabell(f): 5:23pm On Apr 11, 2007
nigeria nigeria nigeria
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by bol(m): 6:26pm On Apr 11, 2007
@topic

Lagos City

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by mamagirl(f): 11:32pm On Apr 18, 2007
My husband and I are becoming increasingly concerned with the economic and geopolitical standing of the United States, and for a while have been considering "repatriating" if you can call it that after so many hundreds of years. We have been researching for the last several years where in West Africa would be a good place to raise a family. The best information though, most always comes from the source. With that said, please tell me if you were raising three young children and were skilled in the field of Information Technology (10 years experience), where in West Africa would you move? Thanks in advance.

Stop Genocide. End The War. Global Conscience.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by hola2ng(m): 1:55pm On Apr 20, 2007
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Ollie39: 11:01am On May 12, 2007
Accra, Ghana.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by olat2k(m): 10:06am On May 13, 2007
if you had not travel thru west African cities by road all the way to Abidjan from badagry,might not really ve the idea of the best city in Africa i lived in Abidjan for 5yrs and in Accra 2yrs and all the while i do visit Lome and its environs.I came back to Lagos before I moved to the UK and ve as well visited south Africa.

The best city to live in west Africa is Abidjan, in terms of structure,neatness.modern infrastructure,transportation,good roads.In my 5yrs of being in Abidjan I witnessed lightout only thrice and non last for more than one hour am talking about 1996t o 2001.Its easier to think Accra is better ,am sure those that voted Accra should try and take a step forward and visit Abidjan.

Abidjan is thebest place to live in west Africa.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by olat2k(m): 10:20am On May 13, 2007
Constantin:

Don´t go to Abidjan it is a ruined city!!!

Don´t start with Lagos if you are a fist-time traveller to Nigeria

Go to Dakar, Cape Town, Accra, Abuja, Maputo, Windhoek (Namibia), Libreville (Gabon) etc.

Most do not ve the idea of the war in cote d ivoire,This is not a war where they re blowing cities the rebels ve the idea of the structure and facilities they ve on ground in abidjan.Most of the war is happening outside Abidjan somewhere in the middle belt Yamoussoukro the government soilders ve always being in control of the southern part.Do not ve the idea of blowing cities.My last visit to Abidjan was in 2006, had a stop over to see Friends while travelling to Lagos from London the city still looks calm and tidy.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Ndipe(m): 10:23am On May 13, 2007
Abidjan was undoubtedly the best place in West Africa, in terms of infrastructure, beauty. While browsing on its pictures, I reluctantly, or should I say, refused to believe that the place was nicer than Lagos. Chalk it up to Nigerian loyalty in me. I'd like to think that France had a hand in transforming the country, economically. But with tension and instability that has rocked the city, not so long ago, can it really live upto its reputation as Africa's best city to live in?

The city in my opinion that has remained relatively peaceful is Dakar. I have never been there, but I heard it is a beautiful place.

PS: You don visit Cocody, a suburb of Abidjan?
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by UPRISING: 11:25pm On Jul 03, 2007
ABUJA IS THE BEST AND WILL ALWAYS BE,
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Jackal(m): 1:00am On Jul 05, 2007
I swear. . . . . . . . . IT'S LAGOS.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Akwasi(m): 7:31pm On Jul 12, 2007
the best city in west africa is accra of course. it is well planned. i will say abuja is also very neat city grin
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by GAR3TH(m): 2:55am On Aug 02, 2008
The best city in west Africa is abuja. it nice right now, but it will be way better in the future the buildings and parks they have propsed are eye popping shocked. they will have things like the abuja cultural centre with a 170meter tower, its nice if you've seen it, the abuja tower 55floors, porter's tower etc. my point is abuja will be the best city in west africa. (by 2012) grin

cbd high rise

The Millennium Tower and Cultural Centre
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Horus(m): 8:44pm On Oct 17, 2008
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by ifyalways(f): 8:54pm On Oct 17, 2008
Abidjan cheesy
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by blackspade(m): 4:14am On Oct 18, 2008
Abuja is by far the most organized city in West Africa, with Accra following at a distant second place, with Dakar following a close third place, because of it's timeless historic architecture. I would put Abidjan at fourth best, but if it were to have kept it's charm, it would easily be first. It's a tragedy what happened to Cote d'Ivoire when it was on the fast path to prosperity, but the African curse claimed it. Yamoussoukro would be in Fifth place, the architecture in that city is also timeless with their marvelous basilica. Sorry Lagos.

This is how a list would look:

1. Abuja

2. Accra
3. Dakar

4. Abidjan
5. Yamoussoukro

grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Started My Tricycle (Keke) Business & How Much I Make In A Day (Photo) / Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad / Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.