Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,525 members, 7,954,983 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:36 PM

Traveling With A Language School Admission Letter. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling With A Language School Admission Letter. (2453 Views)

!!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport / Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs / Experience With Immigration When Traveling With Our Nigeria Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traveling With A Language School Admission Letter. by beecrofty(m): 6:10pm On Sep 26, 2008
Please house, A friend of mine just applied online to 2 Language Schools in Europe, 1 being Germany to go study German and also France to study french for a month(3 weeks) respectively,
I, on his behalf would like to have the house's advices on Visa Success concerning Nigerians applying for Visas through Language School Admissions, especially for schengen countries.
And also, which of the countries mentioned above has a more likelihood of giving a visa, Last question is UNDER WHAT VISA CATEGORY WOULD HE APPLY

NB: The friend is a 300level French student and a minor in german.
Re: Traveling With A Language School Admission Letter. by jennykadri: 7:49pm On Sep 26, 2008
Germany will give it to him,but he has to open an account in germany

but the only thing is that the visa will be only for d language course,after which he has to come back to nigeria

thats d only problem they have,a language course visa is different from a student visa

student visa lasts longer, i think 10 years,but language course visa is only for the language and cannot be used to study,so if he wants to study in germany,he has to go back to nigeria and apply for a student visa,but for now if hes applying he's applying for a language course visa not students

so tell him to apply under the language course visa category

wish him all da best
Re: Traveling With A Language School Admission Letter. by beecrofty(m): 10:37pm On Sep 26, 2008
okay, thanks,
beecrofty:

NB: The friend is a 300level French student and a minor in german.
He is a student here in a university already, just like all this IT they do in language departments,   so for sure he is coming back.  But how doone open an account in Germany when in Nigeria
Re: Traveling With A Language School Admission Letter. by jennykadri: 10:57pm On Sep 26, 2008
how long is the language course?

opening account is not a big deal . all he has to do is go to the embassy and ask them how to open a students account in germany preferably(deutsche bank in germany)  they will tell him how to do it

normally its all about writing a mail to the bank telling them to send u the account opening form for students,but i heard that theyve changed their system,i heard ooo,that is why i said he should go to the embassy,he will get his info there

the bank will send him d form via his email addy,he should print it out and make sure he doesnt fill it,it must be filled before an embassy official,so when he prints out the form,he should book an appointment wt d embassy,there he will fill it and submit,they will send it personally,free of charge

d bank will then send him an account number for him to pay in d money(they will only send it after theyve recived d form he submitted at d embassy)he can then pay in d money into the account,d money is for his accomodation,feeding and so on ,while hes there

when the money is paid into the account,an automatic confirmation will be sent to his email addy atleast a day after,telling him how much he has and how much hes allowed to withdraw per month

he should book an appointment then at d embassy for his interview ,when he goes there ,they will ask for the confirmation of d money he paid,and then interview him for a few mins,after which his finger prints will be taken ,no big deal,they will tell him to go home and then contact him later via his email telling him to come take his visa
Re: Traveling With A Language School Admission Letter. by Tats(m): 12:11am On Sep 27, 2008
@jennykadri,

Don't you think the account opening rule only applies for students wishing to study for long? Since you said it will be a language visa and not student's visa, then the person may not need to open an account. Not sure though as I am only reasoning it that way.
Re: Traveling With A Language School Admission Letter. by jennykadri: 1:58pm On Sep 27, 2008
no matter what u is going to do in germany,as long as u want to study,be it language course,masters,bachelors or watever

u must,its a [b]must [/b]that u open an account,for them to be sure that u will be able to take care of yourself there

if u don't open an account,then forget about germany and face france ,because the german embassy wont grant u visa wtout a confirmation of account opening

i studied in germany,so i know wat i am talking about

(1) (Reply)

. / Nigerian Passport Holders Don’t Need Visas To Visit These 44 Countries! / I Visited One Of The Biggest Wholesale Market In Brasilia Brazil(photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.