Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

!!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport (20555 Views)

Mistakes Parents Make When Traveling With Kids / Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport / Expired Nigerian Passport In Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

!!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by OmoAlata1(f): 3:06am On Jan 03, 2016
I am in the US and I have to travel to Nigeria. I was wondering if I will be allow to enter Nigeria with expired passport accompany with a valid US passport. My friend told me, I can travel to Nigeria with an expired passport as long as I have a valid US passport, but I have to renew my passport as soon as I get to Nigeria or else they will not allow me back into US. Is this a true statement?

I don't have time to renew my Nigerian passport in US as I will not receive it before my trip. By the way, i have the old old old passport from the 90s not the new ecowa type.

1 Like

Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 3:21am On Jan 03, 2016
OmoAlata1:
I am in the US and I have to travel to Nigeria. I was wondering if I will be allow to enter Nigeria with expired passport accompany with a valid US passport. My friend told me, I can travel to Nigeria with an expired passport as long as I have a valid US passport, but I have to renew my passport as soon as I get to Nigeria or else they will not allow me back into US. Is this a true statement?

I don't have time to renew my Nigerian passport in US as I will not receive it before my trip. By the way, i have the old old old passport from the 90s not the new ecowa type.
You will be arrested and detained for days. It not acceptable, the system now don't compromise. Go and get a Visa if you don't have the time to renew. Remember you have to be stamped in and your details taken down. NB: Your passport is now invalid and no longer documented as Nigerian passport.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by itstpia8: 3:45am On Jan 03, 2016
Visa on arrival is no longer issued, it was cancelled years ago.
Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 03, 2016
Well it's either ur using the us or nigerian passport.
If u come in with a valid visa on ur us passport, I can go by the same route back to the us.
Ur Nigerian passport is already null. U can't use it for anything. But u sure won't be arrested for holding an expired paßport.
It's advisable for u to get a new passport when u come home.
Bsds passport renewal usually tAkers just about a day or two if I remember well.?
Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 03, 2016
Well it's either ur using the us or nigerian passport.
If u come in with a valid visa on ur us passport, u can go by the same route back to the us.
Ur Nigerian passport is already null. U can't use it for anything. But u sure won't be arrested for holding an expired passport.
It's advisable for u to get a new passport when u come home.
Bsds passport renewal usually tAkes just about a day or two if I remember correctly
Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by Lexusgs430: 11:49am On Jan 03, 2016
OmoAlata1:

Your problem would not be when you arrive in Nigeria, simply because you would not be arriving!!

The airline operators would not even transport you with an expired passport.

Way out - Get a Nigerian visa or defer your trip till such a time when your passport application process is completed and issued!!!

1 Like

Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by tpiar: 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2016
In one of your old threads, you said you were from the UK.

did you move to the US?

3 Likes

Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by OmoAlata1(f): 6:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
tpiar:
In one of your old threads, you said you were from the UK.

did you move to the US?

Are you e-stalking me?

1 Like

Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by OmoAlata1(f): 6:24pm On Jan 03, 2016
Thanks everyone. I will chance it and travel with my expired passport. As my friend just told me she did last yr with no problem. I will let you guys know how it goes, in case someone ask same question in the future.

1 Like

Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
OmoAlata1:
Thanks everyone. I will chance it and travel with my expired passport. As my friend just told me she did last yr with no problem. I will let you guys know how it goes, in case someone ask same question in the future.
You will be arrested and detained.
Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by OmoAlata1(f): 6:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
slimmy05:
You will be arrested and detained.

Abeg I don't need your nonsense today. That is your portion for the new yr. have a nice day

1 Like

Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by worry359(m): 6:49pm On Jan 03, 2016
In the past the advice has been.
Book your tickets and board the plane with your USA passport.
Enter Nigeria, your home country, with expired Nigerian passport.
Renew passport as soon as possible.
(A little money to ease Nigerian immigration might help. shocked)

But I can not guarantee that they will let you board the aircraft without a Nigerian visa, you should check with the airline.
Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
OmoAlata1:

Abeg I don't need your nonsense today. That is your portion for the new yr. have a nice day
you're not regarded as a Nigerian cos you're not documented. Entering Nigeria with such is criminal and you'll be arrested and detained. They will use for new year money.

The truth is you'll not be allowed to board without a valid passport.
Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by OmoAlata1(f): 7:04pm On Jan 03, 2016
worry359:
In the past the advice has been.
Book your tickets and board the plane with your USA passport.
Enter Nigeria, your home country, with expired Nigerian passport.
Renew passport as soon as possible.
(A little money to ease Nigerian immigration might help. shocked)

But I can not guarantee that they will let you board the aircraft without a Nigerian visa, you should check with the airline.

Thank you. That was exactly what my friend just told me she did last yr. she said they did not collect money but told her she couldn't leave the country without renewing her passport. I will reply back with my experience for future seekers
Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 03, 2016
OmoAlata1:

Thank you. That was exactly what my friend just told me she did last yr. she said they did not collect money but told her she couldn't leave the country without renewing her passport. I will reply back with my experience for future seekers
that is if you're allowed to board. Secondly, you'll be detained
Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by tpiar: 7:28pm On Jan 03, 2016
OmoAlata1:

Are you e-stalking me?

i looked up your old threads, thats all.

i dont remember you saying you were in the US.

So, did you move to America?

here is one thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/465678/nigeria-embassy-london-worst-mgmt
Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
slimmy05:
that is if you're allowed to board. Secondly, you'll be detained
seriously? I wasn't aware of that rule.
Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
enieme:

seriously? I wasn't aware of that rule.
the passport has no record. What stopped her from getting a passport? They think they can make mockery of the system. Immigration go use her chop well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 03, 2016
tpiar:

here is one thread:

she has never travelled out of US. If she can show us a ticket with her name showing such then I would believe
Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
slimmy05:
the passport has no record. What stopped her from getting a passport? They think they can make mockery of the system. Immigration go use her chop well
but she isn't trying to get her travel visa with it. She d be using her us passport.
She could even give the excuse of coming home to renew it.

1 Like

Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 03, 2016
enieme:

but she isn't trying to get her travel visa with it. She d be using her us passport.
She could even give the excuse of coming home to renew it.
when they have high commission in US in like 6 states?
Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by OmoAlata1(f): 8:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
slimmy05:
she has never travelled out of US. If she can show us a ticket with her name showing such then I would believe

Why is my simple question paining your head so much? You are displaying a womanly behavior in this thread. I only ask a question, why are you acting like your life depends on it? If Nigerian govt detained me, what concern is it of yours? Is it you they will detain ni? It seems like this is more than just a passport issues for you, please whatever is paining you, state it now so you can stop acting like a bitter woman. Don't derail my thread in case someone has a similar question in the future. If I am detained, it is not your wahala and no concern of yours.

1 Like

Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
slimmy05:
when they have high commission in US in like 6 states?
so what? It's up to her to choose where and when she wants to make her renewaL.
My q is that this arresting thingy, is it part of the law or just immigration made law

1 Like

Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by OmoAlata1(f): 8:50pm On Jan 03, 2016
enieme:

so what? It's up to her to choose where and when she wants to make her renewaL.
My q is that this arresting thingy, is it part of the law or just immigration made law

No, It is not enieme, he has a personal beef with me. So don't listen to his rubbish.
Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by worry359(m): 8:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
I don't think there is any risk of arrest.
You have a right to travel with your USA passport.
You have a right of entry into your home country.(Which your expired passport proves.)
The problem is Nigerian corrupt officials wanting something at point of entry. angry
Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by OmoAlata1(f): 9:00pm On Jan 03, 2016
tpiar:

here is one thread:

I am not the same person, if you notice, mine has a 1 at the end.
Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by justwise(m): 10:14pm On Jan 03, 2016
slimmy05:
You will be arrested and detained for days.
It not acceptable, the system now don't compromise. Go and get a Visa if you don't have the time to renew. Remember you have to be stamped in and your details taken down. NB: Your passport is now invalid and no longer documented as Nigerian passport.

That will not happen, she can enter Nigeria with that expired passport and leave Nigeria with her US passport. Her Nigeria passport will not be needed when leaving Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 03, 2016
justwise:
[b]

That will not happen, she can enter Nigeria with that expired passport and leave Nigeria with her US passport. Her Nigeria passport will not be needed when leaving Nigeria.
grin grin grin I dey find that woman trouble nii. She be my paddy before
Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 03, 2016
OmoAlata1:

No, It is not enieme, he has a personal beef with me. So don't listen to his rubbish.
oh. Okay
Re: !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport by AKO1(m): 11:53pm On Jan 03, 2016
Haha folks out here starting threads and pretending to ask questions when they're simply looking to confirm their prior assumptions.

Looking forward to how this turns out.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

First International Flight Lands At Enugu Airport Amidst Jubilation / Nigeria's Elections: Passengers Stranded At Lagos Airport / The Types Of Passengers In Airline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.