Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,313 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

:'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( (1235 Views)

Aaah! Scissors Found Inside Belly (stomach) Of Nigerian Pilgrim In Saudi Arabia / Scissors Found In Nigerian Pilgrim’s Belly In Saudi Arabia (see Photo) / Why Is Pilgrim Treated As A God? Who Is She Sef? Why Cant Nobody Criticize Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

:'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:15am On Sep 27, 2008
Just let me know that you have not been banned,
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by pilgrim1(f): 12:37am On Sep 27, 2008
Hi Chrisbenogor, (and all who have enquired about me)

Just for the record, there was no time any of the admins banned pilgrim.1. I apologise for my reservations all day, it was because I had a crucial exams to sit today. I did, and then waited for the results - I passed, and I'm thankful to God.

When I arrived home after the exames, I was so much in high spirits that prayer and praise was the only thing that occupied me for another 4 hours. No, I'm not boasting about how much I pray or worship God; but when I finally settled to first check my email, I was in tears. Two people who I have often ignored because of their vehemence in tone had written asking questions since last night - but one of them also wrote in this morning that she had trusted Christ as her Saviour and Lord!

I was shaking all over, still in tears and wondering if to share the news with some of us on the forum. My fear was that people might feel I was making fictitious claims behind the PC screen that nobody could verify since it was my email box. But I couldn't contain myself when I saw yet another thread by reindeer testifying of the blessing he gathered from what things he read from me!!

I just don't know what to do - whether to log out and go and cry for joy. . . or to stay a while and post in some threads. But in any case, please I just want it to be on record that Seun did not ban me so that people should refrain from attacking him unnecessarily.

Thank you all again. Jesus Christ changed my life - He is my Lord and Saviour!
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by plusQueen: 1:43am On Sep 27, 2008
pilgrim.1:

Hi Chrisbenogor, (and all who have enquired about me)

Just for the record, there was no time any of the admins banned pilgrim.1. I apologise for my reservations all day, it was because I had a crucial exams to sit today. I did, and then waited for the results - I passed, and I'm thankful to God.

When I arrived home after the exames, I was so much in high spirits that prayer and praise was the only thing that occupied me for another 4 hours. No, I'm not boasting about how much I pray or worship God; but when I finally settled to first check my email, I was in tears. Two people who I have often ignored because of their vehemence in tone had written asking questions since last night - but one of them also wrote in this morning that she had trusted Christ as her Saviour and Lord!

I was shaking all over, still in tears and wondering if to share the news with some of us on the forum. My fear was that people might feel I was making fictitious claims behind the PC screen that nobody could verify since it was my email box. But I couldn't contain myself when I saw yet another thread by [b]reindeer testifying of the blessing he gathered from what things he read from me!![/b]
I just don't know what to do - whether to log out and go and cry for joy. . . or to stay a while and post in some threads. But in any case, please I just want it to be on record that Seun did not ban me so that people should refrain from attacking him unnecessarily.

Thank you all again. Jesus Christ changed my life - He is my Lord and Saviour!

That was all what God had in mind yesterday.
and this is just the beginning of what that testimony will do.
The word works!
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:46am On Sep 27, 2008
Yipee!!!
Ok I can go back to sleep now, do well to share your tory my dear "Nasa" who no believe na im sabi.
Cheers.
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:47am On Sep 27, 2008
Yipee!!!
Ok I can go back to sleep now, do well to share your tory my dear "Nasa" who no believe na im sabi.
Cheers.
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by manmustwac(m): 9:45am On Sep 27, 2008
Pilgrim1 So i guess you will continue your story here now?
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by pilgrim1(f): 1:37pm On Sep 27, 2008
manmustwac:

Pilgrim1 So i guess you will continue your story here now?

Well, if that's going to benefit anyone (as I trust it would), then I'll try and take some time to do so. Cheers. wink
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by jennykadri: 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Yipee!!!
Ok I can go back to sleep now, do well to share your tory my dear "Nasa" who no believe na I'm sabi.
Cheers. 

there is sthg about u i like chris,sthg that i can't really place my hands on,hmmm u is not really so closed minded like huxley and co

i pray u find the truth u is looking for,atleast ur mind is very open smiley

@pilgrim.1

hallo sweets, kissi tot seun banned u,just d way he banned me(rampagain) ,queen and david ,na waoooooo,but honestly ur testimony really touched lives and i still touching,my prayer is MAY GOD CONTINUALLY GUIDE YOU IN THE RIGHT PATH THAT YOU SHOULD FOLLOW smiley
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by pilgrim1(f): 2:00pm On Sep 27, 2008
jennykadri:

@pilgrim.1

hallo sweets, kissi tot seun banned u,just d way he banned me(rampagain) ,queen and david ,na waoooooo,but honestly ur testimony really touched lives and i still touching,my prayer is MAY GOD CONTINUALLY GUIDE YOU IN THE RIGHT PATH THAT YOU SHOULD FOLLOW smiley

Wow, jennykadri. . I would never have guessed. Thanks for your prayers. You won't believe that those I have met the last 48 hours are the real blessings in my life. In as much as people remark how my testimony touched them, I feel that meeting you all have further enriched my life. You just simply would not imagine how a few others by email have opened my eyes and taught me a lot in just less than a day! God is faithful - and this reminds me of something someone shared with me sometime ago: we often do not realize how many "7000s" God has reserved unto Himself when we think our own situation is unique! That thought came back to mind when those few ladies emailed me. I wish one day soon they also will come and share their own testimonies. . . you will forget me!! Mine is nothing in comaparison to theirs!

Well, good to read from you again. I hope to add you to my email-list so we can keep in touch, if that's okay by you? Loook forward to seeing more of you.

Plenty blessings to you and your family - Jesus is LORD.
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by reindeer: 10:52pm On Sep 27, 2008
and yeah sis
since the other thread is locked can we have another so we can keep reading testimonies?
i've been trying to get my kid brother to sign up on nairaland and read those stuffs but i guess he isnt taking me serious yet.
pls keep it coming.
May the peace of jesus dwell continually in our hearts amen.
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by pilgrim1(f): 9:25am On Sep 28, 2008
reindeer:

and yeah sis
since the other thread is locked can we have another so we can keep reading testimonies?
i've been trying to get my kid brother to sign up on nairaland and read those stuffs but i guess he isnt taking me serious yet.
please keep it coming.
May the peace of jesus dwell continually in our hearts amen.

Dear reindeer,

How are you doing? I still thank God for you, because I know that talk is cheap and when someone decides for him/her-self to trust Christ, something real and definite must have happened beyond mere talk. I'll try and share a bit more in this thread as to my experiences while searching for the love of Christ, and the many obstacles He helped me overcome during my struggles.

For now, just keep rejoicing in Jesus and remember that it took time before you opened your heart to Him. I will never forget the words I heard that night from my dad's lips: ". . . even though I cannot preach, I trust You to save my family, Lord Jesus." After telling my story/testimony on NL, I was surprised my dad read it! We both live in the UK, but not in the same location. He called me that night and his joy was unmistakable. . .! Praising God, he laughed with joy and teased me about some bits that I skipped. Yes, I skipped some bits because I wanted to cut to the chase. But he is one of the many that have encouraged me to share a bit more, so some others could be blessed some more.

I'll keep praying for many hearts to be reached as I patiently wait until the ripe time to continue. Let me assure you that it won't take too long. Meanwhile, keep rejoicing in Jesus Christ and let Him have His way in your life. Trust Him to do for you what He did for me as my dad waited patiently. He is faithful.

God bless you everyday. cheesy
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by olabowale(m): 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2008
@Pilgrim.1: Aburo. I guess you became the star attraction. Its like the flavor of the month at Dairy Queen. Or is it the latest invention since slice bread? Mo pe e, mo kon sie. O dami lowun. She o binu ni? Ma binu. Iya mi. She o ri pe mo ni suru gon? Tokon e ba bale, kee simi. Ko nshe kristieni nikon lo ni lati ma ba soro o. lol.

@Plus_Queen: « #2 on: Yesterday at 01:43:52 AM »

That was all what God had in mind yesterday.
and this is just the beginning of what that testimony will do.
The word works!

All of a sudden, suga madame, you become my enemy! Chei. This religion tin get your juice going o. Ewoo. I can't but correct you that God's mind encompasses every and all things.

And when you bleed out the anger in you, without any residue remaining, I will be right here. I guess we will find out who is emulating Isa bin Mariam (AS). I am patient. lol. This woman is ignoring me. Chei! I beg talk. lol.
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by pilgrim1(f): 2:56pm On Sep 28, 2008
@Olabowale,

olabowale:

@Pilgrim.1: Aburo. I guess you became the star attraction. Its like the flavor of the month at Dairy Queen. Or is it the latest invention since slice bread? Mo pe e, mo kon sie. O dami lowun. She o binu ni? Ma binu. Iya mi. She o ri pe mo ni suru gon? Tokon e ba bale, kee simi. Ko nshe kristieni nikon lo ni lati ma ba soro o. lol.

I have respected you and all Muslims in many ways by leaving your muslim section and not typing anything there. Nowhere have I tried to make myself a star of attraction, and I categorically stated that I didn't want it to be so interpreteted:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-175953.0.html#msg2854785

"Folks, could I come back and post the sequel after the heat cools?
I don't want to be the center of attraction here.
Jesus Christ changed my life; and that is Who gets the glory.
How He did this is what I will share next."

Your attitude is confirming the veracity of my experience as a former muslimah: Islam gave me only one legacy - hatred for Jews and Christians - and you're showing that it runs in the blood.

I was delivered from that lifestyle and have continued to love those I formerly hated while loving and respecting every Muslim as well. I left Islam, I'm grateful that God saved me, I'm not coming back to a lifestyle of seething hate against Christians and Jews. You can follow me all around and constantly malign me; but the only thing you're doing is give me good reason why leaving Islam was the best choice I ever made, and I'm thankful to Jesus Christ for that.

Dear Olabowale, I don't owe you anything but love in Jesus Christ. All that your attitude demonstrates is confirming what I have shared. If you are so restless because of what God has done for me, please simply let me know if you want pilgrim.1 to leave Nairaland for you.

Thank you.
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by jennykadri: 3:01pm On Sep 28, 2008
olabowale y not respect ur old age and stick to ur section of religion

what is it about christianity and our God that keeps bringing u here?is our God like a magnet dat keeps drawing out from islamic section to the xtian section?

face ur section abeg,we need peace here
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by javalove(m): 3:17pm On Sep 28, 2008
There are conversions everyday. People enter Islam daily so whats the fuss about someone leaving Islam. Conversions would continue to happen till end time. But my doubt in ur post is where u said islam teaches uou to hate jews and xtians!!!!! sofri sofri madam. What did u know about Islam while u were a muslim?

A friend of mine just converted to Islam too I did all the preaching I cud do before the left for holland, he didnt listen but he found the truth where he is now!!! so wats d big deal.

Well for xtians reading this post, they wud say u have found the light and for muslims like me, if u die in this state of urs, u are hell bound!!!!.

If we start posting conversion stories here everyday, una go tire!!!!
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by pilgrim1(f): 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2008
javalove:

There are conversions everyday. People enter Islam daily so whats the fuss about someone leaving Islam. Conversions would continue to happen till end time. But my doubt in ur post is where u said islam teaches uou to hate jews and xtians!!!!! sofri sofri madam. What did u know about Islam while u were a muslim?

A friend of mine just converted to Islam too I did all the preaching I cud do before the left for holland, he didnt listen but he found the truth where he is now!!! so wats d big deal.

Well for xtians reading this post, they would say u have found the light and for muslims like me, if u die in this state of urs, u are hell bound!!!!.

If we start posting conversion stories here everyday, una go tire!!!!

Hi @javalove,

When I finally obliged the invitation to share my testimony, I made 3 things absolutely clear:

~ the testimony was not about me being an attraction; rather it was Jesus Christ that is glorified

~ I did not want to turn my testimony into a platform for theological arguments

~ I have been verbally attacked many times since that evening by Muslims inundating my email with bitter language.

Now, if you want to be sure, you could open a thread and invite me to share with you what I knew for certain that Islam taught me and still teaches until this very day in many respected mosques around the world. I have documented evidence to show this, including books, pamphlets, encyclopedias, names of Islamic Councils, individuals and Imams, video clips, audio clips, and websites to check - all recognized, circulated and published by Muslims themselves.

I have not sought to make anyone of those things any part of my testimony - and I have categorically stated that I won't go there, as well I have respected that statement. The other thing I expected people to do is contact me by email and ask questions. An email where I was called a liar several times because the emailer had not read his quran, was posted and simple answers followed. If you want me to share with you on the fact of what Islam taught me, then please by all means get in touch by email (p_romanio@yahoo.com) so I can show you in an amicable manner. I would not like to post such matters here, and that is why I simply have avoided the tendency for muslims to make my testimony into a theological debate.

If there's no big deal about my conversion, why are Muslims so disturbed about pilgrim.1?!? What did I do to any one of you, for God's sake? Like I said, rather than escalating some seething disturbance to any one of your folks, I simply asked and I'm asking again:

If you are so restless because of what God has done for me,
please simply let me know if you want pilgrim.1 to leave Nairaland for you.

Thank you.
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by jennykadri: 4:00pm On Sep 28, 2008
muslims ,why r sm of u affected by pilgrims testimony?

u people should leave d girl alone noww ,haba

shes old enough to know wats good for her,if she decides that she wants to follow christ then make una leave her

I'm only asking u people to leave her alone,I'm not asking  for too much,I'm i?

goshhhh i need a cold water
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by mentork1(m): 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2008
hey, how are you today, i wonder if you arte there and i wont like to be replying the thin air, u there?
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by mentork1(m): 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2008
hello,  i think talking about rel;igion is just a mere waste of time,  why not talk about something more important. every christian would have been a moslem if there parents were moslems and vice versa. we dont have to defend what we got by inheritance,  trust me
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by pilgrim1(f): 4:15pm On Sep 28, 2008
mentor k.:

every christian would have been a moslem if there parents were moslems and vice versa. we don't have to defend what we got by inheritance,  trust me

My parents were Muslims, our extended/nuclear/conjugal family were all muslims; I grew up in a Muslim home - all these things I have shared already. But I became a Christian. Where does that leave your thoughts?
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by jennykadri: 4:24pm On Sep 28, 2008
mentor k.:

hey, how are you today, i wonder if you arte there and i wont like to be replying the thin air, u there?

who's dis one again?
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by pilgrim1(f): 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2008
jennykadri:

who's this one again?

I wonder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Em, mentor k, please I need to ask a question - nothing serious, but just out of curiosity. Are you "Hamza" I was just chatting with online on YIM about 20 minutes ago? smiley
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by AKO1(m): 4:47pm On Sep 28, 2008
All threads about the forum/moderators/members go to Nairaland section. Thats why I moved it.
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by pilgrim1(f): 4:49pm On Sep 28, 2008
@mentor k,

Okay, I just figured - you're not "Hamza", sorry. What happened was when you posted this:

mentor k.:

Actually "Hamza" was chatting with me on YIM and asking too many questions; so I invited him as a guest to come to talk on the forum so others may benefit from his opinions - since he said he was going to sign in soon, I had mistaken him for you. However, he had just come back and said that he didn't feel like signing on to Nairaland. Maybe another time. Sorry for the mix-up, mentor k. wink
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by pilgrim1(f): 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2008
A_K_O:

All threads about the forum/moderators/members go to Nairaland section. Thats why I moved it.

Hi A_K_O,

But from the discussion so far it does not appear that this is about the forum, or about moderators, or about members. The title may have suggested it so; but that was because the other thread was locked. Anyhow, enjoy. wink
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by AKO1(m): 5:21pm On Sep 28, 2008
pilgrim.1:

Hi A_K_O,

But from the discussion so far it does not appear that this is about the forum, or about moderators, or about members. The title may have suggested it so; but that was because the other thread was locked. Anyhow, enjoy. wink

You reminded me, threads about locked threads, banned members etc also come here. smiley

There is even a why did you lock my thread thread. smiley
Re: :'( Pilgrim Are You There :'( by Pataki: 12:50pm On Oct 04, 2008
A_K_O:

You reminded me, threads about locked threads, banned members etc also come here. smiley

There is even a why did you lock my thread thread. smiley
You as a moderator, what exactly is your role? When silly muslims come and denigrate members and Christ on the Christian religion board, what is your own recommendation?

(1) (Reply)

Too Bad For Lalaboi :( / Claim Your Teeth Whitening Sample Kits / Where Can I Undergo Swimming Training/certification In Warri And Its Environ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.