Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,872 members, 7,828,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! (3171 Views)

The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin / Sarah Palin Is A Mistake / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by omoge(f): 5:52pm On Sep 30, 2008
yeah lol go home to go cook Lasanga cheesy

the look on her cheesy face is sheer hypocrisy. of course i want a woman not just any woman sad
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by tope2000(f): 5:53pm On Sep 30, 2008
The woman is a big time JOKE grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by davidylan4(m): 5:57pm On Sep 30, 2008
McCain and Sarah make a good comic pair . . . as one sees Putin rear his head over Alaska, the other peers into his eyes and sees nothing but three letters - K - G - B!

Fantastico. Even Putin must find this funny.

Can we also remind Sarah Palin that Medvedev is Russian president not Putin!
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by RichyBlacK(m): 6:00pm On Sep 30, 2008
darfur:

the shocking thing is how vehemently they defended this woman. for God's sake they don't even know the woman. just b/c the woman is runn9ng against obama, they jumped on it and defended her to death. jeez!!!!!

and these guys were never making statements that favoured republicans o, they never showed any love for McCain until hillary (the witch grin) lost to obama. so it's all about hatred for obama. na wa o. if an ant came out today to compete with obama these guys are ready to come up with five pages of reasons why the ant is better qualified grin grin

shame on you K and T  tongue  c'mon, come out and defend sarah now, show her brilliance grin and urs embarassed lol cheesy
next time think before u post/talk/yarn. jeez!!!!! grin grin

even old john went before the world without thinking to boast of a bill he worked out grin grin a bill that eventually failed to pass b/c his republicans whom he persuaded to vote yes, which he is boasting about, turned out voting no en masse grin grin same way K and T went defending SP without thinking grin

The problem with Kobojunkie and Tayo-D is a common one: they've allowed their bitter experiences with one or two Black Americans to eternally blur their perception of Black Americans, including Obama.

If you go through their posts, you find a consistent resentment for African-Americans and a foolish subservience to the White man and anything considered mainly White, e.g. the Republican Party (let's be honest, the Republican Party is the White man's party!). Hence, they will always even peace-loving Blacks like Barack Obama.

This inordinate affection for anything White and dislike for all things Black, goes further to direct their foreign policy. Because of the undeniable racist core of such ideology, they also dislike non-Whites who dare challenge the White man's hegemony. To them:
1. Iran should be nuked
2. Israel (just a collection of Europeans) can kill as many Arabs and Persians (non-Whites) as they like
3. Castro (champion of the oppressed) should be assassinated
4. Hugo "Boss" Chavez (indefatigable defender of the poor) should be overthrown and locked up

This worldview, though foolish, is consistent with many Republicans who buy into, consciously or unconsciously, the "White is might, White is right" ideology.
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by RichyBlacK(m): 6:04pm On Sep 30, 2008
davidylan*:

McCain and Sarah make a good comic pair . . . as one sees Putin rear his head over Alaska, the other peers into his eyes and sees nothing but three letters - K - G - B!

Fantastico. Even Putin must find this funny.

Can we also remind Sarah Palin that Medvedev is Russian president not Putin!

What does Caribou Barbie know? She only ascended to where she is because of the unfortunate reality in America that goes thus: if you're a blue-eyed, pretty blond who can make one correct sentence in a 24-hour period, then all many doors will open for you. Hey, Sarah bimbo, not the White House doors, go back to Alaska!
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by BigB11(m): 6:12pm On Sep 30, 2008
The problem with Kobojunkie and Tayo-D is a common one: they've allowed their bitter experiences with one or two Black Americans to eternally blur their perception of Black Americans, including Obama.

This is what happens when you live or you've lived in a very bad black American neighborhood in America.
I say, get over it or move back to Nigeria; no be by force.
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by omoge(f): 6:22pm On Sep 30, 2008
Ms. Palin went to Arizona (MC ranch to prep for debate). what happened to going to Alaska to get prep? i am very sure she is being coached what to say.
i can see them handing her a study and tutor schedule like a school child.

Where is Biden? at Obama's ranch?

is it by force to get elected?

i only feel bad because sentiment and emotion will definitely give them the whilte house.
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by RichyBlacK(m): 6:24pm On Sep 30, 2008
Big B1:

This is what happens when you live or you've lived in a very bad black American neighborhood in America.
I say, get over it or move back to Nigeria; no be by force.

I've had my fair share of bad experiences with Black Americans, but also with Whites, Chinese, Jamaicans and fellow Africans. Why should I let my view of a group of people be colored by the action of a few?

I love all peoples, and value the life, successes and positive achievements of any human.

I dislike some individuals or ideological group of individuals but it's based on their destructive ideology.
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by BigB11(m): 6:25pm On Sep 30, 2008
The dumbo (Sarah Palin) reminds me of a confused Flight attendant.
Too dull to realize that she is being pimped.

Absolutely a good comic pair (Palin and McCain)

"Pinky and the Dumb"
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by BigB11(m): 6:41pm On Sep 30, 2008
I've had my fair share of bad experiences with Black Americans, but also with Whites, Chinese, Jamaicans and fellow Africans. Why should I let my view of a group of people be colored by the action of a few?

I love all peoples, and value the life, successes and positive achievements of any human.

I dislike some individuals or ideological group of individuals but it's based on their destructive ideology.

I'm with you.

Many today find it difficult to prosper because it bothers them to see others fly high.
They usually go out of their way to find something wrong with others.

They judge everybody else except themselves.

Freaking Blockheads!
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by davidylan4(m): 6:46pm On Sep 30, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Kobojunkie i never thought had the capacity to process complex information but Tayo-D completely took the wind out of my sails. I mean you're honestly defending a woman you didnt know until 2 days ago? shocked That she has more "experience" than Obama? shocked

Does that video of her interview with Couric show a woman who can even add 2+2 together and comfortably arrive at 4?
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by BigB11(m): 7:17pm On Sep 30, 2008
If the McPalin wins this election, I predict that United States of America would transform into a new Rep of Congo in less than 2 years.
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by davidylan4(m): 7:21pm On Sep 30, 2008
Big B1:

If the McPalin wins this election, I predict that United States of America would transform into a new Rep of Congo in less than 2 years.

not really. it will survive but Americans will be gagging within 2 yrs.
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by RichyBlacK(m): 7:58pm On Sep 30, 2008
davidylan*:

Kobojunkie i never thought had the capacity to process complex information but Tayo-D completely took the wind out of my sails. I mean you're honestly defending a woman you didnt know until 2 days ago? shocked That she has more "experience" than Obama? shocked

Does that video of her interview with Couric show a woman who can even add 2+2 together and comfortably arrive at 4?

grin grin grin grin grin I can feel her discomfort, with that pointy finger of hers! grin grin
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by omoge(f): 8:02pm On Sep 30, 2008
NEW YORK (AFP) - Sarah Palin spent Tuesday in Republican "boot camp" cramming for this week's vice presidential debate amid mounting concern over whether she is ready for a White House post and calls for her to quit the ticket.

Just reading this on yahoo news
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by LadyT(f): 9:02pm On Sep 30, 2008
angry

Well its quite clear she will be a puppet for some crazy spin doctor who will dictate what the brainless bimbo has to say.  I just hope shes well oiled because shes going to have a hand up her arse all the time.

I also hate her accent.  I know it sounds sexist and awful but seriously I REALLY think this woman and her husband need to concentrate on their family before they all end up pregnant or in prison. 

Seriously what QUALITIES DOES SHE HAVE?

grin
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by Ibime(m): 9:10pm On Sep 30, 2008
[b]Katie Couric: Why isn't it better, Gov. Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families who are struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries; allow them to spend more and put more money into the economy instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

Gov. Sarah Palin: That's why I say I, like every American I'm speaking with, we're ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health-care reform that is needed to help shore up our economy, helping the -- it's got to be all about job creation, too, shoring up our economy and putting it back on the right track. So health-care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americans. And trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, scary thing. But one in five jobs being created in the trade sector today, we've got to look at that as more opportunity. All those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that.[/b]

Mommy, please come home!
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by Ibime(m): 9:26pm On Sep 30, 2008
You know, I get offended when I see somebody running for office who is no smarter than myself and most of the people I know.

Kobojunkie, Tayo-D and Negro Ntns should apologise to the house for promoting this dumb chick and apologise ten times over for daring to compare her to an intelligent guy like Obama.

It was easy to tell that she had nothing between her ears from the moment you saw her unless you were blinded by extreme partizanship. They took us on a tour of Alaska, we met her brothers, sisters, inlaws, friends, pastors and mooses - yet, the underlying question was "Yeah, she's likeable, but does she have the appropriate credentials?"

So much for her so-called executive experience. You will not hear that argument again cos its been shot down in flames. WTF does $700bn bailout have to do with Healthcare? The Republican Nairalanders scolded me when I called her a 'stupid bitch', yet I was speaking out of conviction that the American public were being taken for a ride. As a Republican commentator said recently "My cringe reflex has been exhausted."

Even if you ask the stupid bitch a legitimate question, she will say you are asking a "Gotcha" question. She even said that the voter that asked her about Pakistan when she was buying kebab was asking a "Gotcha" question. grin Even voters! This is the paranoid delusion they have over at Fox News that the whole media is left wing! And you will see idiots like Kobojunkie trumpeting this same fallacy. Now e don pass media, even the man at the Kebab shop must be left wing. Question: If the whole of Europe are "liberal" and the whole of South America is "Radical left wing", has it ever occured to the Republicans that they are the only ones who think they are "normal"? If you think everybody is left wing, that means you must be looking at them from the far right. American Republicans are the only ones who espouse such radical right wing ideology and think it is "normal". If they go any further right, they will end up as Fascists.
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by agaba123(m): 9:35pm On Sep 30, 2008
I am not American but wouldn't it be ridiculous for a vice P to be in the US to refer to Russia as a VERY POWERFUL nation
Hahahaha

This babe is a Joke.

She is better off as a hockey mum.
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by LadyT(f): 9:45pm On Sep 30, 2008
Ibime:

[b]Katie Couric: Why isn't it better, Gov. Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families who are struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries; allow them to spend more and put more money into the economy instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

Gov. Sarah Palin: That's why I say I, like every American I'm speaking with, we're ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health-care reform that is needed to help shore up our economy, helping the -- it's got to be all about job creation, too, shoring up our economy and putting it back on the right track. So health-care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americans. And trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, scary thing. But one in five jobs being created in the trade sector today, we've got to look at that as more opportunity. All those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that.[/b]

Mommy, please come home!

Someone should beat her with a frozen fish. Peoples homes are being taken away due to lack of repayments some of the banking giants of the world are going under and shes talking about JOB CREATION? What jobs theres no money you daft woman.

She'll probably win tho. undecided
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by darfur(m): 9:55pm On Sep 30, 2008
i wont call her stupid. i wont even call the republican politicians stupid. i wont call fox news stupid. they all know what they are doing.
i wont call the ignorant mainly white blue collar republican block stupid(i'll rather call them ignorant).

for the people in nairaland who stood out and vehemently defended her IQ and executive experience above that of both Obama and Biden, people who said she is better prepared than the two democratic candidates and stood on their ground, defending a stupid and delusional statement with pages and pages of posts in different threads, people like Kobojunkie and Tayo D, i will say they are a little bit below the stupidity level, closer to psychotic level.

these guys let their hatred for Obama to becloud their thinking faculty. i have no qualms with them hating Obama, that is fair. I hate Hillary the same way. and even though i'll vote for Pallin instead of Hillary if the 2 were to contest, i wont be stupid not to know who is brainy and even if i chose not to praise hillary i will not write pages of baseless defense of pallin's IQ over hillary just b/c i hate hillay

for attempting to decieve nairaland members with baseless statements
for directly or indirectly insulting nairaland members who tried to argue with them
for showing great disrespect for opposing views
for promoting sheer ignorance over common sense
for loosing their minds in their hatred for Obama . . .

today . . .  . .30th sept 2008. . .

[size=18pt] Kobojunkie and Tayo D . . . .are

. .the worst persons in the world [/size]
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by LadyT(f): 10:08pm On Sep 30, 2008
grin

Bwhahahaha.

I actually dont like Biden either
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by Ibime(m): 11:31pm On Sep 30, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin

Don't forget Negro Ntns as well, although I like the guy grin grin grin
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by mazaje(m): 1:08am On Oct 01, 2008
darfur:

i wont call her stupid. i wont even call the republican politicians stupid. i wont call fox news stupid. they all know what they are doing.
i wont call the ignorant mainly white blue collar republican block stupid(i'll rather call them ignorant).

for the people in nairaland who stood out and vehemently defended her IQ and executive experience above that of both Obama and Biden, people who said she is better prepared than the two democratic candidates and stood on their ground, defending a stupid and delusional statement with pages and pages of posts in different threads, people like Kobojunkie and Tayo D, i will say they are a little bit below the stupidity level, closer to psychotic level.

these guys let their hatred for Obama to becloud their thinking faculty. i have no qualms with them hating Obama, that is fair. I hate Hillary the same way. and even though i'll vote for Pallin instead of Hillary if the 2 were to contest, i wont be stupid not to know who is brainy and even if i chose not to praise hillary i will not write pages of baseless defense of pallin's IQ over hillary just b/c i hate hillay

for attempting to decieve nairaland members with baseless statements
for directly or indirectly insulting nairaland members who tried to argue with them
for showing great disrespect for opposing views
for promoting sheer ignorance over common sense
for loosing their minds in their hatred for Obama . . .

today . . . . .30th sept 2008. . .

[size=18pt] Kobojunkie and Tayo D . . . .are

. .the worst persons in the world [/size]

Keith Olbermann is that you?
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by BigB11(m): 2:02am On Oct 01, 2008
PLEASE, Check out Governor Sarah Palin at her best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8__aXxXPVc
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by BigB11(m): 2:07am On Oct 01, 2008
[b]SARAH PALIN:[/b]The rise and fall of a dumbo!

WASHINGTON -- If at one time women were considered heretical for swimming upstream against feminist orthodoxy, they now face condemnation for swimming downstream -- away from Sarah Palin.

To express reservations about her qualifications to be vice president -- and possibly president -- is to risk being labeled anti-woman.

Or, as I am guilty of charging her early critics, supporting only a certain kind of woman.

Some of the passionately feminist critics of Palin who attacked her personally deserved some of the backlash they received. But circumstances have changed since Palin was introduced as just a hockey mom with lipstick -- what a difference a financial crisis makes -- and a more complicated picture has emerged.

As we've seen and heard more from John McCain's running mate, it is increasingly clear that Palin is a problem. Quick study or not, she doesn't know enough about economics and foreign policy to make Americans comfortable with a President Palin should conditions warrant her promotion.

Yes, she recently met and turned several heads of state as the United Nations General Assembly convened in New York. She was gracious, charming and disarming. Men swooned. Pakistan's president wanted to hug her. (Perhaps Osama bin Laden is dying to meet her?)

And, yes, she has common sense, something we value. And she's had executive experience as a mayor and a governor, though of relatively small constituencies (about 6,000 and 680,000, respectively).

Finally, Palin's narrative is fun, inspiring and all-American in that frontier way we seem to admire. When Palin first emerged as John McCain's running mate, I confess I was delighted. She was the antithesis and nemesis of the hirsute, Birkenstock-wearing sisterhood -- a refreshing feminist of a different order who personified the modern successful working mother.

Palin didn't make a mess cracking the glass ceiling. She simply glided through it.

It was fun while it lasted.

Palin's recent interviews with Charles Gibson, Sean Hannity and now Katie Couric have all revealed an attractive, earnest, confident candidate. Who Is Clearly Out Of Her League.

No one hates saying that more than I do. Like so many women, I've been pulling for Palin, wishing her the best, hoping she will perform brilliantly. I've also noticed that I watch her interviews with the held breath of an anxious parent, my finger poised over the mute button in case it gets too painful. Unfortunately, it often does. My cringe reflex is exhausted.

Palin filibusters. She repeats words, filling space with deadwood. Cut the verbiage and there's not much content there. Here's but one example of many from her interview with Hannity:

"Well, there is a danger in allowing some obsessive partisanship to get into the issue that we're talking about today. And that's something that John McCain, too, his track record, proving that he can work both sides of the aisle, he can surpass the partisanship that must be surpassed to deal with an issue like this."

When Couric pointed to polls showing that the financial crisis had boosted Obama's numbers, Palin blustered wordily: "I'm not looking at poll numbers. What I think Americans at the end of the day are going to be able to go back and look at track records and see who's more apt to be talking about solutions and wishing for and hoping for solutions for some opportunity to change, and who's actually done it?"

If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself.

If Palin were a man, we'd all be guffawing, just as we do every time Joe Biden tickles the back of his throat with his toes. But because she's a woman -- and the first ever on a Republican presidential ticket -- we are reluctant to say what is painfully true.

What to do?

McCain can't repudiate his choice for running mate. He not only risks the wrath of the GOP's unforgiving base, but he invites others to second-guess his executive decision-making ability. Barack Obama faces the same problem with Biden.

Only Palin can save McCain, her party and the country she loves. She can bow out for personal reasons, perhaps because she wants to spend more time with her newborn. No one would criticize a mother who puts her family first.

Do it for your country.

http://townhall.com/columnists/KathleenParker/2008/09/26/the_palin_problem
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by BigB11(m): 2:16am On Oct 01, 2008
Once again, if John McCain wins, United States of America would transform into the new Rep. of Congo in less than 24 months.

BIG UP to my Congolese brothers and sisters; absolute, no disrespect!
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by BigB11(m): 2:24am On Oct 01, 2008
I predict that this woman (Sarah Palin) will break down and cry during the first VP debate on Thursday!
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by davidylan4(m): 3:22am On Oct 01, 2008
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj7nBrdm4LE&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Imagine . . . she called Obama and Henry Kissinger "beyond naive". This babe sef with the IQ of a River shrimp.
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by davidylan4(m): 3:54am On Oct 01, 2008
Tayo-D and Kobojunkie do have a point. Palin has a record . . . on moose hunting, lipstick and "standing up" to phantom special interests.
However one thing has become clear in the last two weeks, she doesnt have a record of intelligence.
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by omoge(f): 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2008
Cram Sarah Cram

Papi MC is waiting for yo to raise the poll wink
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by Sisikill: 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2008
Lmao! Yeah but softly jejely, we don't want her all and swooning on Thursday coz it might put her in the VP chair come Nov. You know how Americans love their Damsels in Distress. "Awww, look what the mean men did to Sarah. . . making her worry her pretty li'l head about Health Care reforms and the Economy. The poor thing, fainted on the spot, oh yes she did. I say we make her Vee Pee coz you know, she like totally deserves to be compensated"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

1917 Film Of China Shows Most Chinese Were Black! / [video] We Kill Nigerians So That Our Children Will Have Work South African Lady / Stormy Daniels: I'm Blue In The Face...Trump Affair Never Happened!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.