Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,819 members, 7,828,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! (3170 Views)

The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin / Sarah Palin Is A Mistake / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by davidylan4(m): 1:46am On Oct 02, 2008
Haba aunty Sarah, she can't mention any supreme court cases besides Roe V. Wade.  shocked

Even a naija man like me can still remember Bush V. Gore!  cheesy

Watch hilarious video here - http://www.236.com/feed/2008/10/01/palin_cant_name_supreme_court_9259.php
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by Orimili(m): 4:10am On Oct 02, 2008
So, where do all these "hey look how dumb Palin is!" comments get us? I am not defending her, but how do we know about what she does or doesn't know about leadership capabilities? Why not take a more mature approach to critiquing her interview? Chances are, this woman could end up being vice president of the US, and could be a better leader than you think.
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 02, 2008
Neeext!!! She does not know who Hamas is. NOOOOO!!!!
At least we might assume she approximated the location of the Gaza strip.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsTLQ612F-A[/flash]
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by LadyT(f): 2:07am On Oct 03, 2008
Orimili:

So, where do all these "hey look how dumb Palin is!" comments get us? I am not defending her, but how do we know about what she does or doesn't know about leadership capabilities? Why not take a more mature approach to critiquing her interview? Chances are, this woman could end up being vice president of the US, and could be a better leader than you think.

She will win and she will still be stupid. Finish
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by Orimili(m): 3:53am On Oct 03, 2008
LadyT:

She will win and she will still be stupid.  Finish

That doesn't answer the question at all in a mature fashion, but ok sure.
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by LadyT(f): 10:18am On Oct 03, 2008
Orimili:

That doesn't answer the question at all in a mature fashion, but ok sure.

Oh please stupid has no other word. Stop making pretensions to superior importance because everyone is being lighthearted about her awful interview. From her answers she clearly knows nothing about politics and shes in politics. She couldnt discuss Hamas nor the Gaza strip she jumped into Iran and didnt even answer the question? Thats just one example of her foolishness.
Im sure after that debacle she will be forever trained on answers she has to give so she no longer disgraces herself

I quite agree more than likely she will be the Next VP no way will americans vote in a Half breed Negro. They would rather have a pitbull in lipstick.
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by McKren(m): 12:48pm On Oct 03, 2008
I think Biden did a great job avoiding palin
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by Orimili(m): 2:52pm On Oct 03, 2008
LadyT:

Oh please stupid has no other word. Stop making pretensions to superior importance because everyone is being lighthearted about her awful interview. From her answers she clearly knows nothing about politics and shes in politics. She couldnt discuss Hamas nor the Gaza strip she jumped into Iran and didnt even answer the question? Thats just one example of her foolishness.
I'm sure after that debacle she will be forever trained on answers she has to give so she no longer disgraces herself

I quite agree more than likely she will be the Next VP no way will americans vote in a Half breed Negro. They would rather have a pitbull in lipstick.

The problem is, everyone makes "lighthearted" comments so much that it's hard to tell if someone is being serious or not. This thread may have started as such, but I am sure that some people on Nairaland will take it further than that, and it already shows.

She wouldn't be the governor of Alaska (as small as the state is) if she knew absolutely nothing about politics. Not many governors of small states are thrown in front of a camera and given interviews for the entire nation to hear, so there could be an explanation why she did so badly, compared to career politicians who could have been trained rigorously on interviewing. I'm sure she will be train on how to answer questions afterwards.

As for the debate, just as Palin could not answer some questions directly, there were times when Biden was reduced to rambling too (but I guess it's cool to ignore that, because we're such elite democratic supporters, right?)

But yeah, the question was still not answered.
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by Ibime(m): 3:08pm On Oct 03, 2008
Orimili:

(but I guess it's cool to ignore that, because we're such elite democratic supporters, right?)

Where do you guys get this nonsense from? If we are going to talk about elitists, there is only one party that applies to. The party of the rich. So please stop all this buffoonery. Just because a party embraces intellectuals doesn't make them elite.
Re: Lets All Laugh At Sarah Palin! by Orimili(m): 4:24pm On Oct 03, 2008
Ibime:

Where do you guys get this nonsense from? If we are going to talk about elitists, there is only one party that applies to. The party of the rich. So please stop all this buffoonery. Just because a party embraces intellectuals doesn't make them elite.

I guess my sarcasm tags are nonfunctional today. I didn't claim that anyone was an elitist. As for the democratic party embracing intellectuals, you must be joking, I've seen just as many illiterates  as 'intellectuals' riding the liberal train, as it is today's popular, today's in party. Real intellectuals shouldn't pledge allegiance to any particular group, but rather think for themselves.

On to further nit-picking. . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

1917 Film Of China Shows Most Chinese Were Black! / [video] We Kill Nigerians So That Our Children Will Have Work South African Lady / Stormy Daniels: I'm Blue In The Face...Trump Affair Never Happened!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.