Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:05 AM

Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine (4333 Views)

How White America Built Its Wealth On The Labour Of Africans / Whites Opinions Of Africans / Here Is A New One: Stereotypes Of Africans The Usa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by Kobojunkie: 1:24am On Oct 01, 2008
White supremacists? You mean that article states that all those killed where killed by white people?? Isn't that sort of like assuming all black people killed in Africa where killed by black people or all africans killed in UK were killed by whites??

This is simply me expressing my self here in response to the poster's message to all Africans. If you do not see what I see, it is ok for you to approach the post the way you choose. I just prefer not to jump to conclusions without facts. I know of Nigerians who live in the same Ukraine and have never heard such from them, so forgive me for choosing to approach this a different way but it is a free forum.
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by savanaha: 1:29am On Oct 01, 2008
tpia:

Can you open thread for these Africans you speak of who are being killed by other Africans, instead of raining on this one which has nothing to do with your grouse.

Africans are being killed by other Africans- so what? That gives white extremists the right to murder black people at sight?

Hurricane Katrina affected what percentage of the US population? Because the entire US wasnt affected, should the victims of that hurricane keep silent about what they went through?  

Mandela was jailed for 25 years- should people stop respecting his struggle because every single black South African wasnt locked up for the same length of time?

KarmaMod:

Never seen such a white aplogist in my life

You'll are going to get migraines if you keep responding to this Kobomonkey and its stupid insulting "person." Some call him/her/it a white apologist I call hom/her/it a confused individual. I've tried to decipher sense but it always fails.
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by tpia: 1:31am On Oct 01, 2008
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by Kobojunkie: 1:33am On Oct 01, 2008
tpia:

at some level, you need to admit to yourself that Africans are also human, and some things are meant to be dealt with at the basic human level, not ethnicity.
Can you please post the exact line where I DENY that we Africans are humans?

tpia:

Going by your own argument- how many Africans are being killed by other Africans? As long as its not the entire population, then these Africans who are victims of black on black violence also have no right to talk. After all, there are people in Africa and especially Nigeria who have never experienced these things you speak of.

Are you sure you are going by my argument? What argument would this, seeing that up until responding to the @Poster, all I have done was ask questions and make it clear that I would rather react to fact than jump on the EMOTIONAL bandwagon where we have people condemning all ukraines as racists.

Like I pointed out in my previous post, there are also Africans in Ukraine who have never experienced what the @Poster claims to speak of.
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by tpia: 1:37am On Oct 01, 2008
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by Kobojunkie: 1:41am On Oct 01, 2008
tpia:

Like I also pointed out in my own post, there are Nigerians who have never experienced the things which make you rain curses on the country. And they're not beneficiaries of oil or looted money either.

Rain Curses on the Country? What Country? Where?? Can you post the particular line(s) where you have me raining curses in said country?

tpia:

No one said ALL Ukrainians are homocidal extremists. Nor did anyone say ALL Africans in Ukraine are being killed by racists.

-------Look it up anywhere and you will see it clear and square that Ukrainians are racist no ifs ands or buts about it. Why would he go around finding out how specific people from different specific African country are killed to make an obvious point. Whoever is forewarned and doesn't use it to forearm themselves can go get killed. It's like walking into a KKK meeting and asking how many blacks and Jews have they actually perpetrated any crime against. Ukrainians hate Jews and stab or cause other bodily injuries against them. Why is it so hard to believe they perpetrate crimes against Blacks when it is all over the internet. Another Nigerian on NL living and studying in Ukraine has even said it and showed pictures of the situation.
Not everything needs to be simplified to common evidence you know the wind is around because of the moments it causes but you have never physically seen the wind.

Look,  I choose to see this post differently.  Like I said there are people who live in Ukraine as we speak who have never considered Ukrainians to be racist. Infact, there are Nigerians who have lived there for decades and not heard much of such claims as made by the poster. Nothing wrong in asking the Poster Questions to verify claims and also make sure to react to facts instead of running off calling people racists just cause I am black and can play the card as if it is my birth right to.
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by KarmaMod(f): 1:43am On Oct 01, 2008
no tpia he lives in Ohio, KKK capital

Maybe they are blackmailing shim
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by blackspade(m): 7:26am On Oct 01, 2008
Kobojunkie has to be the biggest cynic I've ever witnessed. I can understand being a realist, but damn, at least see some perspectives.
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by Kobojunkie: 2:18am On Oct 02, 2008
blackspade:

Kobojunkie has to be the biggest cynic I've ever witnessed. I can understand being a realist, but damn, at least see some perspectives.

This from someone whose reasoning in this situation is as below. . . .

Simple. Discourage Africans from going to countries where simple minded, white eastern European people are in the majority. That means all ex-soviet union countries, and all ex-Yugoslavia countries. No matter how cheap, those are homogeneous societies, which means Whites are in the vast majority, and there is a lot of ignorance about the other races in this world. Just don't go, opt out for societies who aren't as ignorant to other cultures.

Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by blackspade(m): 5:06pm On Oct 02, 2008
And your point being? Nearly everything on this forum you come across, where Africans are being mistreated, you're usually the first one to either deny it, or ask something on the lines of what they did to deserve it. Do you want me to bring up quotes from you? At lease I'm not in denial. . .
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Oct 02, 2008
So in some seemingly intelligent way, you conclude that asking questions of the situation MEANS denying Africans are being maltreated and deserve it and I am in denial? Well, since you want to believe that makes sense, I say carry on.
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by blackspade(m): 10:32pm On Oct 02, 2008
Since you insist on being very bigoted, by all means carry on with your tirade of "cynic-ness".
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by Kobojunkie: 4:06am On Oct 03, 2008
Are you sure I am the bigot here?? Have you read anything you have posted so far on this thread?? Are you sure I am being cynical?? Do you even read
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by nguage(m): 4:13am On Oct 03, 2008
Kobojunkie, spend some time offline and you'll probably see things objectively.
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by Kobojunkie: 4:14am On Oct 03, 2008
n-guage:

Kobojunkie, spend some time offline and you'll probably see things objectively.

You mean I will see things your way?? ROFLMAO!!! You need to spend your time learning to accept that we do not all have to see the world as you do, and that is FINE.
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by davidylan4(m): 4:16am On Oct 03, 2008
so people still make the mistake of assuming Kobojunkie has the capacity to process complex information?  shocked
Just like Sarah Palin, when he has nothing intelligent to say he/she fills dead space with ROFLMAO.
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by blackspade(m): 4:20am On Oct 03, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Are you sure I am the bigot here?? Have you read anything you have posted so far on this thread?? Are you sure I am being cynical?? Do you even read
Typical. No surprises here, like I said before, I'll just let you continue on your tirade. . . . .

davidylan*:

so people still make the mistake of assuming Kobojunkie has the capacity to process complex information? shocked
Sadly so, but since I'm not the only one who picked up on this, I think I'll just let "Kobo" continue being a "Junkie".
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by nguage(m): 4:23am On Oct 03, 2008
Kobojunkie:

You mean I will see things your way?? ROFLMAO!!! You need to spend your time learning to accept that we do not all have to see the world as you do, and that is FINE.
Are you a retard or you just play one online? Why are you going against the grain just for the sake of going against the grain? You know deep in your heart that this news isn't a good one and you know many of these attacks are xenophobic but why you're trying to defend them is really mind-buggling. You remind me of that Chapelle show skit of the blind black guy in the KKK.
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by Kobojunkie: 4:30am On Oct 03, 2008
n-guage:

Are you a retard or you just play one online? Why are you going against the grain just for the sake of going against the grain?

What makes you think I believe what you do but simply say what I don't believe. Are you a mind reader? Are you sure I am the retard in this case??

n-guage:

You know deep in your heart that this news isn't a good one and you know many of these attacks are xenophobic
I know this news is not good but I am trying to defend it? You mean I know the killers and am saying they are innocent or something?? Where did you read that one from?? So my trying to get more information instead of jumping to conclude that all ukranians are racist as some have and telling Nigerians to flee Ukraine, makes me a defender?? Nevermind that I know of people who live in the same country and are shocked to read this sort of news, no, just because the news says the attacks are xenophic in nature, we should abandon common sense and proclaim that ukraine is a country of xenophobes. Is that what you want from me?? Sorry, I can not give you that.

n-guage:

but why you're trying to defend them is really mind-buggling. You remind me of that Chapelle show skit of the blind black guy in the KKK.

I am glad I remind you of someone who is not like you and will never be like you, I guess. Like I said earlier, learn to accept that we will not all see the world through the same goggles, EVER.
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by nguage(m): 4:35am On Oct 03, 2008
You're happy that you remind me of a blind racist black man?

Name: Kobojunkie
Position: Active Poster
Date Registered: September 13, 2007, 02:35 AM

Get offline and visit your psychiatrist.
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by Kobojunkie: 4:57am On Oct 03, 2008
n-guage:

You're happy that you remind me of a blind racist black man?

Name: Kobojunkie
Position: Active Poster
Date Registered: September 13, 2007, 02:35 AM

Get offline and visit your psychiatrist.

When you are done with your psychiatrist, let me know
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by Uche2nna(m): 4:58am On Oct 03, 2008
Kobojunkie:

When you are done with your psychiatrist, let me know

ROFLMAO  grin grin grin grin grin grin

Kobo is synonymous with controversy
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by Kobojunkie: 5:04am On Oct 03, 2008
Uche2nna:

ROFLMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin

Kobo is synonymous to controversy

I live for this. I try to understand the minds that believe " IF I DO NOT THINK LIKE THEY  DO, I AM THE FOOLISH ONE BECAUSE THEY CAN NOT HANDLE OPPOSING VIEWS, AND FEEL THE NEED TO INSULT ME AND ATTACK PEOPLE WHO SUBSCRIBE TO SUCH VIEWS IN ALL WAYS AND NUMBERS. . .", and they are apparently plenty out there.

Anywho, that is part of what keeps me coming back here. I like to see them throw tantrums and go as far as cursing their own families just cause I do not see the world their way
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by Hadidu: 5:11am On Oct 03, 2008
Hi Dear Kobojunkie and other members!!!

I am very sorry that Mr. Kobojunkie didn’t want to believe, that Africans are subjected to severe racial discrimination and attacks, which is because they are blacks.

You want to compare the event, which is happening in Ukraine and other former USSR republics with that of the killings, which is happening in Africa in the mean time.

What you will fell if a group of under aged boys will come from your behind and shouting Negro go home! and some others words and puncture your body like an animal on so many places with knifes or beat your head with hard metal sticks until you die ? . ……………,  In addition to that what you feel if this event happened in the day time, where there are so many people and nobody wants to help you?

I know that Africans are killing each other in their home land, but what is the reason all these killings and who is arranging all these events in our countries? We aren’t killing each other in our country because some of us are white and the others black. We all are blacks and you can’t say that this is a racially motivated conflict. All these events are the results of the interference of the European countries – Generally the white peoples. That is why we can’t live in peace home and abroad.

You say that you have so many Nigerian friends in Ukraine and none of them complain of such a kind of matter. Really I am telling you most of the victims of these attacks and killings are Nigerians and Congo. I will try to convince some of my Nigerian friends and they might be able to give their witness on this forum.

With regards,

Hadidu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by nguage(m): 5:14am On Oct 03, 2008
There is nothing wrong with controversy but you just admitted to living for controversy. My brother, look through your life and identify your problems by yourself. Thats the first step towards being sane again.
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by Kobojunkie: 5:31am On Oct 03, 2008
Hadidu:

Hi Dear Kobojunkie and other members!!!

I am very sorry that Mr. Kobojunkie didn’t want to believe, that Africans are subjected to severe racial discrimination and attacks, which is because they are blacks.

Well, this is not about me believing you or not. You do not have to tell me that africans are subjected to racial discrimination. I know this is fact, not just in Ukraine but even in Africa and all the world as well. Even Indians also subjected to racial discrimination as well. So Racial discrimination is not new and not something you need to convince me of.

Hadidu:

You want to compare the event, which is happening in Ukraine and other former USSR republics with that of the killings, which is happening in Africa in the mean time.

What you will fell if a group of under aged boys will come from your behind and shouting Negro go home! and some others words and puncture your body like an animal on so many places with knifes or beat your head with hard metal sticks until you die ? . ……………,  In addition to that what you feel if this event happened in the day time, where there are so many people and nobody wants to help you?

What I will feel? well, I would feel miserable and dejected but I sure would not decide that because that happened to me, the WHOLE COUNTRY IS RACIST. Like I said earlier, there will always be those elements in society who are too ignorant to see past their own ignorance. These sort of elements exist everywhere you go. There is no place on this planet where you will not meet such but to condemn all for the crime of the few, that is something I will never do.

Hadidu:

I know that Africans are killing each other in their home land, but what is the reason all these killings and who is arranging all these events in our countries? We aren’t killing each other in our country because some of us are white and the others black. We all are blacks and you can’t say that this is a racially motivated conflict. All these events are the results of the interference of the European countries – Generally the white peoples. That is why we can’t live in peace home and abroad.

Racism can exists even in black societies. I have experienced black on black racism. It does exist. In Africa, it takes a new name, TRIBALISM, but it is nothing but racism packaged with a new label. So, yes, crimes can be racially motivated even in black communities.

This is why I asked you the initial questions I did earlier, to understand why you would decide the UKRAINIAN PEOPLE AS A WHOLE ARE THE ONES PERPETRATING THESE CRIMES. Are you sure that condemning a nation is the solution or the right way to approach this?? Are you saying that all Africans in Ukraine are not safe because of the crimes of a few idiots?? Is labelling the country a racist country, the way to go?? I mentioned that I know of Nigerians who have lived in the same country for some time now and are doing really well in the same country and have not really experienced much racism in one way or another. In fact, many of those I have heard of love the place and call it paradise.

Hadidu:

You say that you have so many Nigerian friends in Ukraine and none of them complain of such a kind of matter. Really I am telling you most of the victims of these attacks and killings are Nigerians and Congo. I will try to convince some of my Nigerian friends and they might be able to give their witness on this forum.

With regards,

Hadidu     

Just as you are trying to convince tham that Ukrainians are no go people, I am also trying to see if I can convince you to focus on those who are perpetrating these crimes, as in blame them and not accuse all of ukraine for these crimes as there are many in there who are not racists.

I see what you are doing here sort of the way I see claims made by people who label all americans as racists because some idiots harrassed him/her in some back alley in milwaukee or something.

All this may not make sense to you and that is fine. I like to be rational when it comes to applying these labels and this case I apply the same.

Only recently, there was a post on how racist Spainiads are. So many of these same made bold statements claiming this was truth. Not long afterwards, I heard of how spanish people went out to rescue african immigrants who tried to come over by boat. Many of the men/women/children were dehydrated and unable to move. I believe there was a video on this on BBC where people were massaging these africans to help ease their muscles, feeding them and covering them up to help save them. Now tell me how racist spainish people really are?
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by Kobojunkie: 5:31am On Oct 03, 2008
n-guage:

There is nothing wrong with controversy but you just admitted to living for controversy. My brother, look through your life and identify your problems by yourself. Thats the first step towards being sane again.

my sister, when you are sane and know what it means to be sane, let me know!
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by SeanT21(f): 5:37am On Oct 03, 2008
Kobo, No one is attacking You because You have a Different View. They are attacking You Because You feel the need to defend the negative actions of the Racist Ukrainians. No one is calling all The People of Ukraine racist. No one is saying every African that was killed was due to racism.Yet You feel the need to defend Those People Negative actions by making claims such as "How many Non-Africans have been killed", blah, blah. You wrote that You have friends living in Ukraine and they never complain about this. So WHAT? There are People Dying in Darfur. Just Because Someone Claims that they are having a good life and does not witness the killing do not erased the fact that there are people suffering. Yes, There are Non Africans Dying In Ukraine, But That does not justify the killing of those Africans for no reason. You did not care to wonder why there are Africans being killed but You felt the need to jump to a conclusion by thinking well, other Nationalism are getting killed too so its no big deal. WELL, Have You wondered that those Africans are getting killed for no damn reason. How would You feel if a close relative gets killed Just because of his skin color. Will You Say "Bleep IT, A CHINESE GUY JUST GOT KILLED YESTERDAY BY THE SAME PEOPLE SO ITS NO BIG DEAL"?

I Read Some of Ya ll Post on Nairaland and I feel You are very intelligent but STOP INSULTING YOUR INTELLIGENCE!!!
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by SeanT21(f): 5:38am On Oct 03, 2008
In the meantime Read this an weep or Laugh in your case!!

Ukraine's African community, outraged at yet another seemingly racist murder of a black man on Monday, are urging Ukrainians to wake up to the problem of racism and pass laws forbidding it.
The killing of a labourer from Congo in Kiev comes just days after more than 30 aid agencies including the United Nations refugee agency urged Ukrainian police to take seriously the killing of a Nigerian last month.

The head of Kiev's African Centre, Charles Asante-Yeboa, and Nigerian Pentecostal pastor Sunday Adelaja came to Monday's murder scene, where blood stained the pavement next to discarded police rubber gloves. "There are so many attacks. I receive a minimum of three calls a day , This is a well organised group which is going about doing this," said Asante-Yeboa, whose organisation documents racist violence.

Monday's murder brings the total of Africans murdered this year alone to five. The killers in such cases are rarely found -- there have been no convictions this year.

The Interior Ministry declined to comment.

Asante-Yeboa said he himself had been attacked in the past by a gang of around 15 men, and most of the Africans at the scene told similar stories. Any convictions are usually for hooliganism -- Ukrainian law does not recognise the concept of racist violence.

The 30 aid agencies demanded last Tuesday that the authorities consider whether the Nigerian found stabbed to death was the victim of a racist crime.

LABOURERS AND BUSINESSMEN

Most of the fewer than 5,000 Africans in Kiev came as students. Some now work as manual labourers or in hotels, others as businessmen.

They blame the attacks on skinheads -- shaven-headed far-right youths who make no secret of their hatred of immigrants.

Photographs collated by the International Organisation for Migration show graffiti on black people's homes featuring Nazi swastikas and threats of violence.

Yaroslav Dunayev, who runs the Movement Against Illegal Immigration and came to the scene to talk to the Africans, said the attacks were part of a wider conflict, accusing illegal migrants of raping Ukrainian girls.

"I can understand the skinheads because they totally grasp the danger to our future," he said.

Adelaja, whose Embassy of God church has a mostly Ukrainian congregation of around 25,000, said indifference was the biggest problem.

"It (the violence) doesn't affect the economy, it doesn't affect their family, it doesn't affect their status, it doesn't affect their income. That's the way men are built: 'It doesn't affect me, I couldn't care less'."

He said a draft law on racial and other discrimination had been drawn up years ago, but forgotten amid a host of elections and political turbulence.

The black community plans to protest outside parliament in July to urge it to pass the bill, and wants adoption of the law to be made a prerequisite if Ukraine wants to join the NATO military alliance or the European Union.
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by Kobojunkie: 5:40am On Oct 03, 2008
Show me how intelligent you are by showing me the very line where you got this from

1)
SeanT21:

You feel the need to defend the negative actions of the Racist Ukrainians.

2)
SeanT21:

You felt the need to jump to a conclusion by thinking well, other Nationalism are getting killed too so its no big deal.

How would You feel if a close relative gets killed Just because of his skin color. Will You Say "mess IT, A CHINESE GUY JUST GOT KILLED YESTERDAY BY THE SAME PEOPLE SO ITS NO BIG DEAL"?

I would handle it best I can by making sure the people pay, not go aroung trying to generalize or tell people to avoid the place cause of such. Why don't we say Americans are racists hence Nigerians should not come to africa cause of the stories of racial crimes that have been committed here.
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by nguage(m): 5:48am On Oct 03, 2008
Man there's so much wrong with your post but I don't feel like quoting and replying every single one of them because I have a 9 am class tommorow. But it sucks to be as stupid as you, your argument don't make any sense and yet you feel a need to defend every single bullshit you type. Just cop pleas and move the f-ck on already.

There is nothing wrong with whtever you feel if you can prove your points by reasoning but I just read your post and you're talking about Indian racism in one point, talking about generalization in another point. Everything doesn't add up and it's more like the ramblings of a schitzophrenic person. All these quasi -intellectual arguments will not make your life better just log off and get laida life.
Re: Killings Of Africans In The Towns Of Ukraine by Kobojunkie: 5:51am On Oct 03, 2008
n-guage:

Man there's so much wrong with your post but I don't feel like quoting and replying every single one of them because I have a 9 am class tommorow. But it sucks to be as stupid as you, your argument don't make any sense and yet you feel a need to defend every single bullshit you type. Just cop pleas and move the f-ck on already.

There is nothing wrong with whtever you feel if you can prove your points by reasoning but I just read your post and you're talking about Indian racism in one point, talking about generalization in another point. Everything doesn't add up and it's more like the ramblings of a schitzophrenic person. All these quasi -intellectual arguments will not make your life better just log off and get laida life.

well, expected from you, and your point is?? YOU STILL FEEL I SHOULD SEE IT YOUR WAY TO BE REASONABLE OR NON_SCHIZO ROFLMAO!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Zuma Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa / Putin Has Finally Woke Up GERMANY / Here Is What The Ancient Israelites Looked Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.