Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Marraige Pressure - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marraige Pressure (1155 Views)

‘she Denies Me Sex And My Doctor Says SEX Is Good For My High Blood Pressure’ / Take The Pressure Off The Kids: Why Kids Need To Play / Marraige And Wifey; Eating Your Cake And Having It. Your Advice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marraige Pressure by chychy(f): 12:14pm On Sep 29, 2008
Hi guys, been away 4 a while, work n all. How's everyone doing? i hope great.

Well, i have a problem. My folks are pressuring me to marry some guy just cause he's from my state. My problem is he is not educated, it's not like i have anything against non-graduates but it's just never occurred to me to get married to a non- graduate. He's a business man, he ain't bad looking or anything and in all fairness, i've not given him any opportunity whatsoever. Now my folks, uncles and anyone willing to listen to my mum is putting me under heavy pressure to get married to this guy.

How r we gonna communicate? Am i gonna speak igbo all my life? Because he's from my state? They don't want anyone outside anambra to marry me. I'm 24.

Please someone help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Marraige Pressure by Outstrip(f): 3:48pm On Sep 29, 2008
Stand your ground. Say no. It will probably be the hardest thing you do but do it. I don't know why parents want to be so stubborn about things like this. I don't care how much your parents love you, the fact of the matter is that when katakata burst in the marriage, there is nothing they can do. They can support you, they can still say we love you and all that but they cannot live the hell you are living with you.
While there is nothing wrong with marrying someone who is not educated, you have to be sure that the person will nto be intimidated by your education. It also sounds like he speaks no english. What kind of business does he do because quite frankly if that business does not take him out of Aba then I don't even know if that should even be considered a plus.
You are 24. What is the rush. You don't marry for anybody. You make that choice for yourself and you can definitely take advice from others but when that advice is in the lines of he must be from anambra then I am sorry but that is selfishness talking and not love
Re: Marraige Pressure by ayomifull(f): 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2008
My dear getting married to someone for any reason other than love will put you in a situation worst than living in hell in future. I am not against a non graduate but then with the way you put it you are going to one day find this guy irritating and that will be someting you dont ever want to experience. Stand your ground girl no one is going to be in that marriage with you, follow your heart, marry a man you love and have feeling for irrespective of the tribe or colour. Dont you ever make that mistake of marrying anyone because of pressure, the result is always disastrous. Marry for love pls.
Re: Marraige Pressure by sosodat: 7:36pm On Oct 02, 2008
Dear,
If your instincts is againt having anything to do with the guy, dont. Do stand ur ground. Parents are normally fond of this kind of pressure cos at their stage it is a measure of success and a sign of the family progressing etc etc.

Just know dat as u lay ur bed, u lie on it. Marriage is a lifelong stuff. It determines how ur life will be from now on. So be wise and make sure whatever decision u take is yours and u are ready for the consequences.

Remember, Once u are pushed into a marriage, U ARE ON YOUR OWN. So be strong and follow your heart.
Re: Marraige Pressure by ifyalways(f): 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2008
@Chychy,what are your problems exactly?Is it that your parents are pushing him to you or you to him OR that hes not a graduate?Do you think that you might fall in love with this guy along the line?If its just cos its your parents that found him for you,dear i wud advice that you forget that,give him a chance and see if it wud work.Most importantly,dont let anyone push,sweet talk or coerce you into marriage.Ask God for wisdom and Goodluck,gurl.
Re: Marraige Pressure by sosodat: 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2008
ifyalways:

@Chychy,what are your problems exactly?Is it that your parents are pushing him to you or you to him OR that hes not a graduate?Do you think that you might fall in love with this guy along the line?If its just because its your parents that found him for you,dear i would advice that you forget that,give him a chance and see if it would work.Most importantly,don't let anyone push,sweet talk or coerce you into marriage.Ask God for wisdom and Goodluck,gurl.

Well Said wink
Re: Marraige Pressure by abujabooks(f): 12:29am On Nov 05, 2008
Find someone u love & marry. Don't be pressured into marrying a non graduate.

Education is important!

(1) (Reply)

What Do I Do? / My Fiance Has Kleptomania (stealing Sickness) I May Divource Her / How Three People Can Make A Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.