Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Recipe For Meatpie (naija Style) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipe For Meatpie (naija Style) (21323 Views)

Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks / Help!!!recipe For A Hundred Cupcakes (naija Style) Needed / How Do I Make My Meatpie Dough Crusty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recipe For Meatpie (naija Style) by meggy11: 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2008
pls can anyone give me the recipe of meatpie and hw to make it.pls also include measurement.i'll really be grateful.
Re: Recipe For Meatpie (naija Style) by akininNC(m): 3:02am On Sep 30, 2008
This is one of Amaka's recipes. Hope it helps.

Meat Filling
-small potatoes, diced and cooked (to save time, use frozen hash brown potato cubes)
-lean ground beef (or chicken, or turkey)
-frozen mixed vegetables, cooked (I use the peas, carrots and corn mix)
-onion diced
-red and green sweet peppers, diced
- seasonings (salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, knorr/maggie etc, whatever you like)

Dough
1/2 cup butter (1 stick) (it should be cold and hard)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
4-6 tablespoons ice water

-Prepare the filling by browning your meat and spices. WHile it's cooking, stirfry your peppers and onion and veggies. Mix it all together. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.

-Once ground beef is cooked, add the diced cooked potatoes and heat for 5 minutes. (not too much potatoes). The main purpose is to aborb excesss liquid from the meat mixture, so that you don't end up with soggy meat pies.

-To make dough: Sift together dry ingredients and cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a fork until mixture is crumbly.

-While mixing with a wooden spoon, add water a tablespoon at a time until dough holds together in a ball (you may need more or less water. Just add small amounts at a time). If the dough is crumbly, add a little more water by drops until the dough stays together when you pinch it.
-When dough comes together into a ball roll out the dough until flat.
- Cut out circles (I use a giant cookie cutter for this). If dough becomes sticky or too soft put in fridge for 10 minutes to cool and then take it out again and continue cutting the circles.
-Place meat stuffing in center of pastry circles.
-Fold over and seal using a fork.
-Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
Re: Recipe For Meatpie (naija Style) by plusQueen: 3:08am On Sep 30, 2008
I tried making meatpies,it came out looking more like a weapon. grin
abeg pay someone to make them for you.
we all have our talents.
Re: Recipe For Meatpie (naija Style) by amebo22: 12:04am On Apr 02, 2009
@plus queen that was funny.
But just becos u made it once does not mean u cant do it. My advice try it again but wit little quantity. there is noting as good as making ur own pie with everything you want on it.
@ akinini you did a good job with the recipe but i prefer to used clean hands instead of wooden spoon, it usu comes out tasty.
The first time i made meatpies the though was too thick as i was too tired to make roll it flat out. so wat i do now i get my cuz or man to knead the dough and i work on the fillings and come out with a good result.
How do i do it, the good thing is that they both love meatpies. You need to see them with thier shirts off just kneading dough and pple kip saying its easier to be a woman than a man.
Re: Recipe For Meatpie (naija Style) by Hauwa1: 3:36am On Apr 02, 2009
osisi made me laugh grin grin very funny grin
Re: Recipe For Meatpie (naija Style) by TOYOSI20(f): 12:19pm On May 26, 2009
the recipe has been posted already. . .

Re: Recipe For Meatpie (naija Style) by ifyalways(f): 1:31am On May 27, 2009
@all the OP said "naija style" meaning express meat pies. cheesy
Flour,tomatoes,carrots and potatoes.shikena.
@Toyo,yummy grin
Re: Recipe For Meatpie (naija Style) by mccloud224(m): 3:23am On May 27, 2009
You could also use beans as well to replace the condiments tongue
Re: Recipe For Meatpie (naija Style) by MzBabs(f): 5:41am On Oct 31, 2009
I followed this recipe, and the meat pies were great! grin
My family loved them, and so did I. Keep the deliciousness comin!!! kiss
Re: Recipe For Meatpie (naija Style) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 11, 2012
www.nairaland.com/attachments/150064_meat_pie_1_jpg446bdf0a0834ce32717b5c91b2676826

^^this picture is not the Nigerian meat pie. it's golden krust's jamaican beef patty.

they are the same concept but don't taste or look the same.

1 Like

Re: Recipe For Meatpie (naija Style) by naijainfogalery: 5:35pm On Jan 02, 2015
Nigerians living in America looking for where to buy Nigerian foods/ingredients and recipes in the US, get it here
http://www.nigerianfoods.com/search?type=product&q=recipes

(1) (Reply)

Recipe: How To Prepare Perfect Nigerian Coconut Rice / 5 Ways To Control The Amount Of Food You Eat Without Starving / How To Prevent Yam Discolouration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.