Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Nigerian Internet Scammers Now Operate From Homes - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Internet Scammers Now Operate From Homes (1206 Views)

See Faces Of Nigerian Internet Scammers Jailed In London For N460 Million Scam / Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! / US Mother & Daughter Accused Of Nigerian Internet Dating Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Internet Scammers Now Operate From Homes by Orikinla(m): 2:04pm On Sep 30, 2008
Nigerian Internet Scammers Now Operate From Homes

To escape from the long arms of the law, the notorious Nigerian Internet scammers, popularly known as ‘Yahoo -Yahoo!’ have moved from cyber cafes to the privacy of their homes.

After an investigation by a reliable news reporter who visited Lagos in the last week of June, he found out that the “Yahoo -Yahoo!” boys have gone underground since the Nigerian Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) swooped on the cyber cafes frequented by the Internet scammers. They now use laptops to contact their ignorant targets in the United States and other developed countries.

The successful “Yahoo -Yahoo!” guys are well known on the campus of the University of Lagos in South western Nigeria, where they cruise about with their fair-weather girlfriends in their flashy cars and bling bling fashion, while their admirers and hangers-on cheer them on.

“There is always a greedy Maga online who will fall for any of their various methods of Internet scams,” said an investigator. Most of the “Yahoo-Yahoo!” boys are located in both the densely populated urban areas in major cities in Nigeria, with the largest numbers in the mega city of Lagos.
“In Surulere, Fadeyi and Ikeja areas of Lagos,” the investigator said. He could identify many of them in his neighborhood.
“Some of them even go about with their laptops concealed in their shoulder bags,” he said. He noted that one of them nicknamed ‘small jesus” made millions from Internet scams, spent part of the money on helping the poor and the needy in his locality and returned to school and he has stopped his life of crime after graduating from the university. But only few of them have stopped Internet scams. Thousands of them are still using their laptops to hunt and scam every Maga who would be willing to believe their cock and bull stories of money laundering, oil contracts, romantic relationships, etc.

If you do not want to be the next Maga of the notorious Nigerian Internet scammers, delete their unsolicited e-mails as soon as you see them in your in-box.
Re: Nigerian Internet Scammers Now Operate From Homes by Seun(m): 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2008
Do you think the people that fall for these scams actually know that they are scams?

Out of the yahoo yahoo boys you know, how many have you reported to the police? no action!
Re: Nigerian Internet Scammers Now Operate From Homes by c33b33(m): 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2008
I have received alot of their scam mail & only greedy people will fall for it.Imagine sum1 telling u he's the ECOWAS chairman's secretary & u know ECOWAS has a website which contains its officials & their details,u then go ahead to reply that mail.
Re: Nigerian Internet Scammers Now Operate From Homes by donjon: 7:06am On Oct 15, 2008
whites can be such idiotz! despite dier supposed intelligence & inventions
Re: Nigerian Internet Scammers Now Operate From Homes by Laurnetta(f): 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2008
of course they do. tongue

whites can be such idiotz! despite dier supposed intelligence & inventions
[/quote][quote]

i guess this is the reason for your poor, lying ,scamming asses. white idiocy. supreme. angry
Re: Nigerian Internet Scammers Now Operate From Homes by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 06, 2010
some of d yoruba guys actually involve voodoo in their fraudulent career
Re: Nigerian Internet Scammers Now Operate From Homes by xxcarolxx(f): 1:07am On Apr 22, 2010
Every day i receive scam emails, i do not fall for any of dat crap, i maybe white but i wasn't born yesterday. Who in their right mind would give bank details to a stranger,
Re: Nigerian Internet Scammers Now Operate From Homes by justwise(m): 2:59pm On Apr 22, 2010
xxcarolxx:

Every day i receive scam emails, i do not fall for any of dat crap, i maybe white but i wasn't born yesterday. Who in their right mind would give bank details to a stranger,

Greedy ones does and i think they should receive the same jail sentence as the scammers/419ners
Re: Nigerian Internet Scammers Now Operate From Homes by xxcarolxx(f): 11:58pm On Apr 22, 2010
I think those that get duped must me a few sandwiches short of a picnic.
Re: Nigerian Internet Scammers Now Operate From Homes by justwise(m): 12:38am On Apr 23, 2010
xxcarolxx:

I think those that get duped must me a few sandwiches short of a picnic.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Internet Scammers Now Operate From Homes by Momfa: 9:04am On Sep 21, 2019
11 years ago .....
wow! this yahoo-yahoo gene strong oo

(1) (Reply)

Man Slaughters Five Brothers In Cold Blood / I Received This Kind Of Message On My Facebook Inbox,i Need An Advice / Badoo's Ikorodu Lynching: When The State Has Failed The Society.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.