Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,503 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Guinness Test Yesterday Was Farce. What Happened: - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Guinness Test Yesterday Was Farce. What Happened: (1579 Views)

At Dangote Sugar Refinery Interview Held Yesterday / I Wore My Natural Hair To Look For A Job And Here Is What Happened / Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guinness Test Yesterday Was Farce. What Happened: by njokma(m): 8:38am On Jul 14, 2006
Hello, House members, it is Unbelievable that Guinness Nigeria Plc cannot conduct an organised Exam. The Test which took place yesterday in Lagos saw some people fighting for them to gain enterance to the exam hall. Only three batches wrote the exam. The question that now follows is, what will the rest of the applicants who could not write the exam do?.Do u know that the gate to hall was pulled down. , [b]Should their be fresh recruitment since that one was a failure. I want the house to air their opinion this surprising incident[/b].
Re: Guinness Test Yesterday Was Farce. What Happened: by afolabi236(m): 9:46am On Jul 14, 2006
hi guy what is the fate of those that didnt write the test pls tell me becos i need to travel
Re: Guinness Test Yesterday Was Farce. What Happened: by fiddler(m): 10:03am On Jul 14, 2006
Hello, House members, it is Unbelievable that Guinness Nigeria Plc cannot conduct an organised Exam like u rightly said, I guess it is a nigerian factor, The way forward is to pray, I mean keep prayin,
Re: Guinness Test Yesterday Was Farce. What Happened: by Eustace: 12:49pm On Jul 14, 2006
DEAR NAIRALANDERS,
IT IS UNFORTUNATE WHAT EMPLOYERS OF LABOUR ARE DOING WITH NIGERIAN GRADUATES ESPECIALLY THE FOREIGN COMPANIES. BUT IF U ASK ME I WILL TELL U THAT IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT. IT IS THE FAULT OUR OUR GOVTS. AT VARIOUS LEVELS WHO DO NOT HAVE ANY DELIBRATE PROGRAMME FOR THE TEEMING YOUTHS OF THIS GREAT NATION (ON MOSQITO LEGS).IF OUR GOVTS. COULD MESS US UP, YOU DONT EXPECT A FOREIGN COMPANY THAT IS PROFIT ORIENTED TO TREAT U WITH RESPECT. IF IT WAS IN MY DAYS IN THE UNIVERSITY AS A STUDENT UNION LEADER AND STUDENT ACTIVIST, I WOULD HAVE MOBILIZED GREAT NIGERIAN STUDENTS AGAINST THIS MESS. BUT ITS UNFORTUNATE THAT I CANT GO BACK TO THOSE DAYS.
EMEKA. ANUCHA
Re: Guinness Test Yesterday Was Farce. What Happened: by chiziteihe(m): 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2006
"Guiness Brings out the Action in you"
That was exactly what happened yesterday. Guiness brought out the ACTION in the Nigerian Job seekers to the extent that they pushed down the gate of The Balmoral, however Guiness Nigerian Talent " Hunters Team" should be blamed. They didnt ve enough (quilified) hands to handle the kind of crowd they got. Well am sure that's why they re recruiting.
Anyway for those of us who couldnt write the test, lets keep our hands crossed and our ears to the ground and see what will happen, at the same time we can also be looking for alternative means to get out of our situation.
We can all try Nicon and hope they will be better
Best of lucks,
Re: Guinness Test Yesterday Was Farce. What Happened: by Eustace: 1:20pm On Jul 14, 2006
my dear
i dont expect anything fantastic from nicon because, story has it that the reason they postponed the test was that the number of applications they recieved was overwhelming. so expect a repeat of what happened at guinness.
emmy
Re: Guinness Test Yesterday Was Farce. What Happened: by ogsofat(m): 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2006
men the last test the guinness conducted yesterday is a calamity to the ministry of Labour, and the graduate in the labour market,'cos from the pple are taking style to take a statistical figure of unemployment in Nigeria.My prayer is that God's favour will shine on us ooo.'cos it is only those that have the extra long legs without a good educational background that are making edge in the labour market this day
Re: Guinness Test Yesterday Was Farce. What Happened: by saintsola(m): 3:23pm On Jul 14, 2006
what happened yesterday was an eye sore.but what will helpless unemployed graduate do than to accept our fates and hope that oneday, someday things get better.it's also gave an insight to how unstable the economy is in terms of organisation.
but i belief strongly that what will be will be.

olalekan
Re: Guinness Test Yesterday Was Farce. What Happened: by dearie(m): 11:09pm On Jul 14, 2006
I really didn't get to witness the pulling down of the gate or what it is. I had gone b4 then, I was scheduled for 11.30, but was able to sit for 2-3 PM, and I left there almost immediately.

In fairness to Guinness, The situation was a bit beyond them and as such their flaw is understandable. I'm sure by their calculation, they would have been able to run the tests smoothly, if only the invitees were the only ones that came, but u know how job tests are in Lagos, Gatecrashers will always try to make their way in hence leading to chaotic situation. God will help us in this country.

For those of u that couldn't sit for the test, I'll suggest u try reaching the management to see if they can do anything by way of concession to u. I'll implore u to pray about it, 'cos they may feel they have enough scripts to mark to give them a sizeable no of eventual interviewees. All d same dont relax, make that move.

God will bless everyone of us with jobs of our earth-desires. AMEN
Re: Guinness Test Yesterday Was Farce. What Happened: by EstyD: 4:30pm On Jul 16, 2006
well i wasnt shortlisted and i didnt even bother to go. Perhaps it happened in my favour smiley hoping that i maybe shortlisted again. EUSTACE, u were wrong about NICON. It was well oragnised infact those that were not shortlisted even sat for the exams. cheesy and there was no confusion, Thank God. wink
Re: Guinness Test Yesterday Was Farce. What Happened: by ifybabe(f): 3:06pm On Jul 18, 2006
hi, guys thank God most of u were shortlisted. Lets just pray they remember to call people again after this invidence that happened.I applied and was not shortlisted for the interview.

(1) (Reply)

All Banks Are Recruiting Internally / Invitation For Aptitute Test: Oil/gas Onthe 15th/08/2006 / Eco Bank Test Lastest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.