Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,877 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) - Rap Battles (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) (16987 Views)

Poll: which diss song was better and which rapper was better

ruggedy baba ft durella banging: 35% (23 votes)
modenine ft banky w talking to you: 60% (39 votes)
none both were ok: 4% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Dopest Modenine Barz / Another Modenine Diss. Ghetto P Big Baby (3rd Modezero Diss Song) / 2 Lines To Diss The Person Above You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by vicgeorge(m): 9:00pm On Oct 11, 2008
modenine all the way the best rapper around 9ja.
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by darequam(m): 11:02pm On Oct 11, 2008
@kaydee
I don't understand what u mean by ur post.
@Qbsauce
I think he was rated by the major rap icons and not the minor ones. Why not do a little research on him and confirm.
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by QBSauceKid: 11:39pm On Oct 11, 2008
@ dare
cool.i will.
u heard any of his songs u c recomend?
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by darequam(m): 11:47pm On Oct 11, 2008
Don't av it much in my archive but u can check 'when i be on d mic'
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by skingo(m): 2:28am On Oct 12, 2008
banging is a better track than you.
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by bouzymill(m): 5:03pm On Oct 13, 2008
Forget about "Talking to You" or "Bangin" , av not heard the two but i've been following modenine's music from day 1 to day now, likewise rugged's, what i see is that It's not only in "Talking to You" that modenine has actually pointed lyrics at ruggedman or saucekid or any other rapper, He punches anytime he feels like cos he's a punchline man.

Go and listen to "You", "Going through", "you can't hide" and the rest of the tracks in the "NIGELBEN'S KRAFTWORK" mixtape all produced by KRAFT. Modenine spread their shits on the mixtape & everyone of them is takin his share.

In a track, he dropped this:

", (can't remember), kill your career and watch it die
dont go against me, i don't forgive
when it's on it eat [eat] beef amd throw it up where you live"
- Going Through

this is what i call Final Warning.

Bottomline!
Ruggedman is not in anyway, anyform, closer to modenine's lyrical ability. And stop talking about money, modenine goes to shows too and get paid, i hate it when people say the guy doesn't have money, has he ever begged for help from you before. He doesn't even beg you buy his mixtapes like some people do (i no mention anybody). Mode9's fans will buy his CDs

@darequam
i appreciate your analysis on good music. I only have to add this:
Rap is a literary form which its anlysis is always on "Content and Form" your content is what you intend to say and your form is how you intend saying it. Form is where punchlines, wordplays, metaphors, come in and that's why they are worth looking at in music.
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by bouzymill(m): 5:05pm On Oct 13, 2008
Forget about "Talking to You" or "Bangin" , av not heard the two but i've been following modenine's music from day 1 to day now, likewise rugged's, what i see is that It's not only in "Talking to You" that modenine has actually pointed lyrics at ruggedman or saucekid or any other rapper, He punches anytime he feels like cos he's a punchline man.

Go and listen to "You", "Going through", "you can't hide" and the rest of the tracks in the "NIGELBEN'S KRAFTWORK" mixtape all produced by KRAFT. Modenine spread their shits on the mixtape & everyone of them is takin his share.

In a track, he dropped this:

", (can't remember), kill your career and watch it die
dont go against me, i don't forgive
when it's on it eat [eat] beef and throw it up where you live"
- Going Through

this is what i call Final Warning.

Bottomline!
Ruggedman is not in anyway, anyform, closer to modenine's lyrical ability. And stop talking about money, modenine goes to shows too and get paid, i hate it when people say the guy doesn't have money, has he ever begged for help from you before. He doesn't even beg you buy his mixtapes like some people do (i no mention anybody). Mode9's fans will buy his CDs

@darequam
i appreciate your analysis on good music. I only have to add this:
Rap is a literary form which its anlysis is always on "Content and Form" your content is what you intend to say and your form is how you intend saying it. Form is where punchlines, wordplays, metaphors, come in and that's why they are worth looking at in music.
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by skingo(m): 12:47am On Oct 14, 2008

i cant feel my face movement is heavy n live, how far wit your own movement.
dj jazzy from ireland
ogba till death
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by AfrknKngs(m): 4:01am On Oct 14, 2008
Wow,  is this nucca fuh real??
WE ARE AKS

That's how deep they all roll!!! Step Ya Game up fam,  step ya game up,

Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by skingo(m): 5:52am On Oct 14, 2008
r they all part of the "music" group as well? u mean to tell me that all these people in this picture cannot make good music? thats got to be impossible. there's got to be at least one good person in that group. u may need all brand new members
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by eldee(m): 11:19am On Oct 14, 2008
kaydee:

Tell the truth man! You are listening to Hip-Hop by force and U prefer other genres to it.LOl! You've made a self confession today! No be by force to listen to Mode oh!

Give a second look at what u typed and see how you contradicted yourself.It makes it obvious

[size=16pt]You're Confused![/size]
My 'intelligent' in that sentence was in inverted commas
I was referring to the way Javalove overhypes it
I've admitted many times that Modenine has sick lyrics, but Javalove finds it difficult to mention the word 'intelligent' without putting 'Modenine' next to it
One would think it was Ghandi he was talking about or sumn
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by AfrknKngs(m): 1:16pm On Oct 14, 2008
skingo:

r they all part of the "music" group as well? u mean to tell me that all these people in this picture cannot make good music? thats got to be impossible. there's got to be at least one good person in that group. u may need all brand new members

Is that da best you can do?? Lol, Itz a movement but ur heart can't accept it! U should try and step yah game up, that's all I can say, U wanna post picture so would it be safe that I say "That DJ prolly dont spin good music then??" LOL, U's a failure fuh real! Listen! It's very easy! If you can't accept that African Kings are real and they bout to run you down then just shut up! Like I said, I am a proud supporter of AKS and so is many folks down hurr, and definitely NY loves them and they will be coming to your area too, Watch as OGBA peeps will start enjoying them just as much grin So sit back, relax and face reality!

~YOU, THEY, WE ARE AKS~

Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by skingo(m): 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2008
reality insists that u ought to get bettr. ppl r not feeling ur wrk.if not,ud be blown by now. u jusst wont see it. there's over 15 artists that we naijas r expectant frm, but ur name dnt make d list
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by javalove(m): 4:26pm On Oct 14, 2008
eldee:

My 'intelligent' in that sentence was in inverted commas
I was referring to the way Javalove overhypes it
I've admitted many times that Modenine has sick lyrics, but Javalove finds it difficult to mention the word 'intelligent' without putting 'Modenine' next to it
One would think it was Ghandi he was talking about or sumn

Eldee, answer this simple question Sincerely, whoch nigerian rapper appears to me more intelligent than modenine.

if u cant answer, dont bother replying and i dont need long stories.
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by skingo(m): 4:34pm On Oct 14, 2008
javalove r u seriously clueless to reality. ur such a waste of time. idio, how do u measure aartist intelligence.

by their music? by their degree? or by their big words?
u r dumb urself. u lack intellect. u thnk qouting your lines makes u intelligent? it jus shows how far u'll go to make a point which no get facts.
shior.
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by AfrknKngs(m): 12:28am On Oct 15, 2008
DUDE U SUCK! (sumtn SKINGO WUD SAY) Saucekid don't even speak english, he he speaks fakelish, enter yankee trying to pose as someone else, go and listen to your papsi and become a pharmacist instead of making music coz u go fail! (or sumtn Like that)

Infact Saucekid is an apology to hiphop music!!
EAT THAT!

Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by skingo(m): 6:05am On Oct 15, 2008
may God punish ur hateful heart, u r not an artist n u will not prosper for all the things u've said. how can u speak evil about someone who is doing agreater good to naija.
ive rested this case. upon seeing u, ima lay hands on u.
ogba for life.
we rep sauce kid here. if u hav a problem, dont come here.
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by AfrknKngs(m): 6:43am On Oct 15, 2008
Likewise =) We rep AK'S here, and if u don't like it Go jump off a bridge! Hate it or Love it, U dont talk down on African Kings, I don't talk down on Saucekid! U promote Saucekid, we gon promote African Kings!! It's Naija 4 Life both ways no 1 will stop repping!!!

~We Are AK'S~

Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by tosinadeda: 11:57am On Oct 15, 2008
Africankngs i like them skimpies in that pic!
Se o ma jami si
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by tosinadeda: 12:00pm On Oct 15, 2008
Java my own def of an intelligent artiste is translating ur talent into hits,fame and wealth!

wuts urs?
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by DBR: 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2008
SAUCE-K:I use to(well still do) really feel saucekid, until i came across the songs that he bit on most of his tracks, From "we fly high" to 'sambaribobo" to "around here" to "check"- so to me he's the least original of the 3, for now.
He got good flow tho and the swagger is "werkin'" for him.
Howeva i think it's disrespectful to compare him to Mode or other tite veterans, for now.
He needs to put out more work. "It's 9ja yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!"

RUGGED: Well, i like the dude oo, came in dissin' and got noticed but somehow like a dog back to his vomit went back to doin' wat he dissed in others, that's a shame. But he's got sicker beats, kinda urban beats which is good, nice delivery too.
Dunno y pple say he revolutionalized the rap game, i beg to differ.
The reason being that all the guys he dissed are still thrivin' in their wackness till date.
He even took it a step further by doin' collabos wit 'em embarassed "It's meeee!!!!!!!ruggedman"

MODE9: Wat i have for him is more of respect.
I wish he gets more musical tho, cos i enjoy him wheneva he does- Check tracks like "oloriburuku", "Originality", Talkin' to u" and d likes.
Lyrically no cat comes close, at least not yet. I like when i listen and i rewind and rewind.
I like when someone makes me wonder how the heck did he think of that,
i guess that is the intelligence(lyrical) that e'rone s'been talkin 'bout.
Plus, he's the most dynamic of the 3, be it -Topics or delivery style. "yo. listen"

Now they all got what to improve on but if u ask me, i think Mode will be d easiest to fix.
Why? It's easier to get a sick beat and dunb down ur lyrics, "to double the dollar".
Ever wonder y we hav more wacks than tite cats?
It's much tougher to have a leap in content, well xcept ghostwritters come to ur aid.
Summary:
for cerebral jogglin', content, concept "real hip hop Mode9,
for attitude brooklyn swagger-Sauce.K
for "tungbascious" delivery -Rugged
For a hibreed-watch out for M.I.
IMO.
oNe
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by AfrknKngs(m): 6:20pm On Oct 15, 2008
tosinadeda:

Africankngs i like them skimpies in that pic!
Se o ma jami si
Lol, E no go better 4 u jor, =D

DBR:

SAUCE-K:I use to(well still do) really feel saucekid, until i came across the songs that he bit on most of his tracks, From "we fly high" to 'sambaribobo" to "around here" to "check"- so to me he's the least original of the 3, for now.
He got good flow tho and the swagger is "werkin'" for him.
Howeva i think it's disrespectful to compare him to Mode or other tite veterans, for now.
He needs to put out more work. "It's Nigeria yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!"

Point Proven! Do I need to say more??

Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by longetosin: 9:35am On Oct 16, 2008
Africankings i serious o, lol
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by AfrknKngs(m): 1:48pm On Oct 16, 2008
Lol, No lon tin, I fit hook you up sha wink

Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by FLOWSHOW: 3:22pm On Oct 16, 2008
@DBR
UPLOAD OLORIBURUKU FOR US MAKE WE HEAR AM

DBR:

MODE9: what i have for him is more of respect.
I wish he gets more musical tho, because i enjoy him wheneva he does- Check tracks like "oloriburuku", "Originality", Talkin' to u" and d likes.

for attitude brooklyn swagger-Sauce.K
for "tungbascious" delivery -Rugged
For a hibreed-watch out for M.I.

THATS WHAT THE Bleep AM TALKING ABOUT .,SAUCE GETS TO BE ON EVERY SINGLE LIST ,
RESPECT ALL DAY OLUWASAUCEKIBABA , OGBA SOGUNRO OLUWOLE AGUDA PHASE 2 STAND UP!!!.
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by AfrknKngs(m): 9:09pm On Oct 16, 2008
FLOWSHOW:

@DBR
UPLOAD OLORIBURUKU FOR US MAKE WE HEAR AM

THATS WHAT THE Bleep AM TALKING ABOUT .,SAUCE GETS TO BE ON EVERY SINGLE LIST ,
RESPECT ALL DAY OLUWASAUCEKIBABA , OGBA SOGUNRO OLUWOLE AGUDA PHASE 2 STAND UP!!!.
Oh boy! here we go undecided (Ehhmmmm, No!)

Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by icezik1(m): 5:27pm On Oct 17, 2008
MOdenine still beat Ruggedman. However, Ruggedman was tight. I love the beat, love the lyrics and Durella did a reasonable job. However, to be fair, the only reason Modenine's song is better than Ruggedy is because of Banky W. HAs anyone heard Faze feat. Mode9 - Originality (Remix). Mode9 is the King of rap in Nigeria. No one can contest. RuggedMan is firmly in Number 2 and SauceKid is at number 89 behind my gate man!
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by javalove(m): 5:38pm On Oct 17, 2008
All hail d super lyricist modnizzyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm listening to contradiction now and I just cant get enuf of it,
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by kaypumpin2(m): 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2008
Heaven knows am as nice as hell

Am smooth but i handle my friction( Mode 9,contradiction)

IfI cld,i would break the devil's back and make the world hear the crack wout smoking it(Rugged,if i could)

I love both rappers jare
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by javalove(m): 7:27pm On Oct 17, 2008
me sha, i no like rugged 1 bit.

Lyrical beefs rise like this on a low/ bring dem back to life by killing dem with the flow

walk with me as i run things, lock it down with the freestyle that i spit
- contradiction
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by Kress(m): 8:50pm On Oct 17, 2008
Modenine is Nigerias ultimate,ruggedman will end his career if he kips on tackling 9 with those bubble gum rhymes.Modenine is a lyrical connosieur ,if u're nt intelligent u'll get a headache listenin 2 his rhymes,bt rugged is so simple and quite ordinary to b frank,he has no unique style, Mode9 is naijas lyrical messiah, Nuff said.
Re: Banging by Ruggedman Ft Durella (Modenine Diss) by AfrknKngs(m): 11:16pm On Oct 17, 2008
Could I argue that?? Hell no, Lol, I AGREE WITH YOU %10000000 MODE9 ALL DA WAAAAY!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Haven Of Peace: GIYAZZ' Lounge / ATTN: Nairaland's Greatest Rapper 2008 / Nairaland Battle Rap World Cup 2007 FINALS .QUARTER FINAL MATCHES.. A MUST READ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.