Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

To Braid Or Not To Braid!?! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Braid Or Not To Braid!?! (4867 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Braid Or Not To Braid!?! by tangent(f): 3:02pm On Oct 17, 2008
@kheme, listen to your father. why must you braid? i really don't fancy blokes that braid.
Re: To Braid Or Not To Braid!?! by eudio(f): 4:46pm On Oct 17, 2008
my gee,

go shave gorimakpa make better breeze for enter ya head.

we knw u r an adult, but for the fact that ur father disapproves of it, is enough for u to take it off.

i'm sure it wont cost u anything grin
Re: To Braid Or Not To Braid!?! by kheme(m): 4:15pm On Oct 18, 2008
Come to think about it, is it only in Nigeria that we regard males with braid as irresponsible?
YES!!!!

and i think Obama might look cool on it though!

but one thing i want you guys to think about is this,

today, some group of people may start braiding hair ( i mean guys) and then, somehow, it gets wide-spread! then who knows, takes over the world, and that becomes the standard, do you realize that if this happens, GUYS WITH NORMAL HAIR CUTS WILL BE CONSIDERED AS IRRESPONSIBLE! think bout it!

so well then, perhaps, i have no culture, cos i do what i'm comfortable with! i won't pierce ma ear (or at least, i'm not convinced to) and i dont think people that do are "irresponsible" either! but that's what i'm comfortable with.

well the, i get, the "nigerian culture" regard such guys are irresponsible, right? i need to UNDERSTAND why!
Re: To Braid Or Not To Braid!?! by Angolobabe(f): 4:51pm On Oct 19, 2008
ur dad is right in naija its seen as irresponsible.its up to u to decide what u want.
Re: To Braid Or Not To Braid!?! by bigfather(m): 10:56am On Oct 21, 2008
kheme:

YES!!!!

and i think Obama might look cool on it though!

but one thing i want you guys to think about is this,

today, some group of people may start braiding hair ( i mean guys) and then, somehow, it gets wide-spread! then who knows, takes over the world, and that becomes the standard, do you realize that if this happens, GUYS WITH NORMAL HAIR CUTS WILL BE CONSIDERED AS IRRESPONSIBLE! think bout it!

so well then, perhaps, i have no culture, because i do what i'm comfortable with! i won't pierce ma ear (or at least, i'm not convinced to) and i don't think people that do are "irresponsible" either! but that's what i'm comfortable with.

well the, i get, the "nigerian culture" regard such guys are irresponsible, right? i need to UNDERSTAND why!

The question now is, how many of the world leaders have you seen putting on dreads ? You can never get and that shows that the irresponsible aspect of it is not only peculiar to Nigeria,Africa and most especially the world in general ! So you see why it's not generally acceptable ?
Re: To Braid Or Not To Braid!?! by kheme(m): 4:26am On Oct 24, 2008
lol. ok, now that's the next question: WHY IS IT NOT GENERALLY ACCEPTABLE!?

thanks guys!
Re: To Braid Or Not To Braid!?! by fun4me2(f): 12:06pm On Oct 24, 2008
@poster - who am i to jugde anybody lipsrsealed

but u see, some things are just being reasonable and common sense,because you have choosen to braid ur hair
doesnt make it rite.

but lets face some facts its a borrowed culture among us, its just a norm that women naturally makes/braids der hair while men generally have low cut.

For me -- i cant date a guy wt a braided hair no matter how good he might be, neither can i take such home to c my ppl.

well we do some stuffs due to youthful exuberances, but with age and maturity nobody will tell you,u'll just see urself dropping off some habits/lifestyle

well dats just d way i see it sha.

FIY - Ure a very handsome guy smiley,i checked out your profile but u will look more cute if u had a normal hair cut cheesy
Re: To Braid Or Not To Braid!?! by shilling(f): 1:00pm On Oct 24, 2008
My dad said the same thing to my big bro. Since he still partially depends on him, he had to conform. You should do the same too
Re: To Braid Or Not To Braid!?! by EbonyMerma(f): 10:25pm On Oct 25, 2008
Upon reading your post, I thought you were a woman, but I saw your profile and discovered a man, and a handsome one at that.

I think that people should be able to wear their hair they way they want. We spend far too much energy speculating based on a person's appearance. You can be a caring, socially responsible millionaire with braids down to your arse if you want.

It's just hair, dye it pink or blue. Swing if over your shoulders and go. You're braids don't hurt me in anyway. If you like it, I love it. That's how your parents should view it.
Re: To Braid Or Not To Braid!?! by bigfather(m): 8:55am On Oct 27, 2008
EbonyMerma:

Upon reading your post, I thought you were a woman, but I saw your profile and discovered a man, and a handsome one at that.

I think that people should be able to wear their hair they way they want. We spend far too much energy speculating based on a person's appearance. You can be a caring, socially responsible millionaire with braids down to your arse if you want.

It's just hair, dye it pink or blue. Swing if over your shoulders and go. You're braids don't hurt me in anyway. If you like it, I love it. That's how your parents should view it.
This is africa my dear and besides don't forget the fact that the guy is still staying with his parents.
Re: To Braid Or Not To Braid!?! by phillybabe: 4:18pm On Oct 27, 2008
are  u in the entertainment industry,movies,music etc,?any way, your dad just wants you to conform so that you will portray a more respectable image (as he sees it)
Re: To Braid Or Not To Braid!?! by kheme(m): 7:50pm On Oct 27, 2008
@EbonyMerma: thumbs up for you, u be my person!
Re: To Braid Or Not To Braid!?! by DisGuy: 10:48pm On Oct 27, 2008
na wa o

even SHANGO had braids cool
Re: To Braid Or Not To Braid!?! by fun4me2(f): 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2008
@poster -- just listen to d person dat can tell u d truth abt real issues.

because somone says wht u really want to hear doesnt mean its rite wink
Re: To Braid Or Not To Braid!?! by scotchy007: 6:53pm On Oct 28, 2008
People in the Caribbean with natural braids? Explain undecided undecided undecided
Re: To Braid Or Not To Braid!?! by wiki15(m): 3:18am On Feb 07, 2018
And when you decide to braid, perhaps Ghana weaving will do it for you. http://www.heavy.ng/ghana-weaving-five-facts-dummies/

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Neighbours Kids Wear G-stringz / My Sister Was Used For Money Rituals – Brother Laments (photos) / Rechargeable Fan That Blows Like A.C Cheap And Affordable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.