Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran (12912 Views)

Lucky Boko Haram Survivor Warns Nigeria..(Photo & Video) / Iran Offers Nigeria Nuclear Technology / Boko Haram: Oyedepo Warns Nigeria On Imminent Break-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by No2Atheism(m): 12:43pm On Aug 31, 2009
dnex:

That Administration in the USA must be crazy to warn or advice us on anything nuclear related.

We all signed the Non Proliferation Treaty and in that document, it says that countries like Nigeria who didn't have nuclear technology should refrain from Nuclear Technology and in return, the countries that already had Nuclear weapons and had advanced deep into nuclear technology will provide the Non-Nuclear nations with all civilian nuclear technology they require including medical and power generation, and also, the nuclear countries will go ahead to start cutting back on their nuclear weapons immediately the NPT was signed so that in the nearest future, all would have no nuclear weapons.

It's been decades since we signed that agreement and though Nigeria and several other nations have kept their own part of the bargain, stay off Nuclear Weapons, but so long as we have waited, none of these countries like USA, Russia, France or the UK have come forward to build us our FREE nuclear power plants. None of them have cut back on their nuclear arsenal, instead we hear of newer more destructive weapons.

So you want to blame India, Pakistan, South Africa, Israel or Iran that went to do things for themselves?

Stay there and keep waiting. I'm sure most of you do not know the benefits associated with signing the NPT if not you will now realise that we are not the ones defaulting. It is actually those on the United Nations Security Council that have refused to live by the document they created.

Well, if the USA is so concerned about Nuclear Weapons, then they should fulfil their obligations as enshrined in the NPT which they basically wrote. Build nuclear power plants in Nigeria, Iran, North Korea, Columbia, Sierra Leone, Jamaica, Cuba, or just SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

I don't want nuclear energy and do not support it.

Nevertheless

Europeans or Whites in general do not actually sign treaties in order to keep them. Only a naive person would think they sign treaties because they want to keep them. Mutual assurance of destruction is the only thing they fear and understand hence why they are bothered about Iran and China and Russia.

As far as the west is concerned, they would invade and pillage your country treaty or no treaty, so as far as i am concerned let them just shut up.

They signed many treaties with the Native Americans, yet that did not stop them from almost wiping them out. Imagine a pig in pentagon, already treathening nigeria for something thats within our rights to do,  grin grin grin

Personally the earlier China kicks American's ass the better, they are starting to be too pompous for their own good.  grin grin grin grin
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by coldhearts(f): 5:41am On Jan 20, 2010
The u.s is wrong on many things these days, i think they need new intelligence lol.
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by coldhearts(f): 10:50pm On Jan 20, 2010
On a more serious note, i think u.s and its intelligence are overly paranoid, probably the u.s current economic crises is clouding it's own judgement of people and situations.

Now, if nigeria ever needed nuclear technology,i am 100 % sure it will be something beneficial, not destructive at all. It's really that simple wink.
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by SapeleGuy: 11:10pm On Jan 20, 2010
Nigeria categorically does not need nuclear weapons.
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by revolt(m): 9:24am On Jan 21, 2010
You'd be suprised how deep those malams are in bin ladism. Before now did you believe a nigerian would attempt suicide bombing. You guys are really under estimating those cows abi?
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by blackcypha(m): 12:12am On Dec 22, 2010
coldhearts:

On a more serious note, i think u.s and its intelligence are overly paranoid, probably the u.s current economic crises is clouding it's own judgement of people and situations.

Now, if nigeria ever needed nuclear technology,i am 100 % sure it will be something beneficial, not destructive at all. It's really that simple wink.
okay guess u wud chew your words now that Oct1st BOMB BLAST has shown that DESTRUCTION IS HERE NOW,
so the U.S was correct to make sure nuclear tech doesnt get to hands of terrorists, think of the CARNAGE AND HAVOC THEY Wud WRECK ON U.S CiTiZENS and other countries,
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by coldhearts(f): 6:26pm On Feb 02, 2011
@blackcypha
I'm sorry, should i care for u*s*a? it looks like it is doing well on its own.
they say "as you lay your bed so you lie on it", ask the u*s*a how it laid its bed and why it is so paranoid about terrorist when it funded it in the past -the so called afghan terrorist were used to fight off russians earlier and all of a sudden they are now terrorist. Well, If i were you, i'd be more afraid of the u*s*a since it actually used that technology in the case of hiroshima (many japanese died), no moral conscience huh shocked . It got away with using it; they say since the japanese started the war, it's ok lipsrsealed.

At the moment, 1 million iraqis and roughly 4thousand u*s*a soldiers are dead- all for what  , pls enlighten me cos i just lost my faith in humanity and if i were you-i'd be very afraid cos anyone of us could be the next victim of a useless, moraless society.

Put yourself in the victims shoes for one moment and i'm sure you'll agree even for a second that everyone should own it or everyone should destroy it. I'd prefer the latter but we all know the latter will never happen.
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 27, 2013
Almost every country in the world is developping nuclear weapons behind closed doors. Yet some fools still think Nigeria doesn't need nuclear weapons! We don't need nuclear weapons because we like taking orders from a foreign state, abi ! I.diots.
You need nuclear in order to be able to stand as a souvereign nation, that is the reason why Russia, China, Pakistan, North Korea, and so on have nuclear weapons. Or are you people saying Nigeria doesn't need freedom ?
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by solomon111(m): 10:42pm On Apr 27, 2013
patriot4: Almost every country in the world is developping nuclear weapons behind closed doors. Yet some fools still think Nigeria doesn't need nuclear weapons! We don't need nuclear weapons because we like taking orders from a foreign state, abi ! I.diots.
You need nuclear in order to be able to stand as a souvereign nation, that is the reason why Russia, China, Pakistan, North Korea, and so on have nuclear weapons. Or are you people saying Nigeria doesn't need freedom ?
I am even surprised at people saying that Nigeria should not venture into Nuclear tech.
They probably don't realize the scientific,economic and political benefits.

2 Likes

Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
solomon111: I am even surprised at people saying that Nigeria should not venture into Nuclear tech.
They probably don't realize the scientific,economic and political benefits.
The colonial menthality of some of our brothers is killing us.
I agree totally with you.
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Dibiachukwu: 1:23am On Apr 28, 2013
I think the first step would be nuclear weapons then nuclear power. Nuclear weapons at closed doors. Nuclear power after we send a clear "don't Bleep with us" message. Nigeria is not an enemy of the US. So they don't have any thing to worry about. We have to protect ourselves from a very aggressive world! It would be a tragedy if no black African nation has loads of nuclear weapons in an event of a very plausible military invasion. We don't trust the UN! We don't trust the world!
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 1:37am On Apr 28, 2013
angry angry
To use on which country?
Anyway time for Cameroon to upgrade since Nigeria wants to play the thug and resort to bully...we need advanced weapons technologies.
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 2:13am On Apr 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: angry angry
To use on which country?
Anyway time for Cameroon to upgrade since Nigeria wants to play the thug and resort to bully...we need advanced weapons technologies.

Did we tell you not to get weapons ?
We nev er said so!
But of course i.diots like you only think of your neighbours as potential ennemies.
Does imperialism ring a bell to you ?
Do you like taking orders from the US ?
You can see all the whites holding nuclear and yet you want every black nation to be holding stones.
Man you have the brain of a slave.
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 2:17am On Apr 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: angry angry
To use on which country?

What is your business in this ? If you want to get weapons then go ahead. Live us alone.
Why always putting your knoze in our busuness?
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 2:21am On Apr 28, 2013
^^ shut up you really think you can use your future nuclear weapons on the west? Esp on the USA?.if yes wake up and smell the coffee the USA are +400years ahead any African country in term of weapons technologies

you don't fight Western imperialism with nuclear bomb but with good leaders, education ....we lack of everything in Africa and the only thing you guys think about is nuclear bomb?

Last but not the least you know Nigeria and Cameroon relations are not 100% friendly, where is the guaranty a war monger leader will not take the power in Nigeria one day and start dropping bombs to get Bakassi back?

Nigeria just like most of African nations is unstable and far from being a true democracy..I don't a Pyongyang clown next to me
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 2:23am On Apr 28, 2013
And I didn't say you shouldn't get them, I said time for us to upgrade esp in Air defense.

We have to b prepared for any eventualities
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 2:26am On Apr 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: ^^ shut up you really think you can use your future nuclear weapons on the west? Esp on the USA?.if yes wake up and smell the coffee the USA are +400years ahead any African country in term of weapons technologies

you don't fight Western imperialism with nuclear bomb but with good leaders, education ....we lack of everything in Africa and the only thing you guys think about is nuclear bomb?

Last but not the least you know Nigeria and Cameroon relations are not 100% friendly, where is the guaranty a war monger leader will not take the power in Nigeria one day and start dropping bombs to get Bakassi back?

Nigeria just lack most of African nations is unstable and far from being a true democracy..I don't a Pyongyang clown next to me
What a fool like you can not understand is freedom!
Pakistan and North korea put together are less rich than Nigeria, yet who can give them orders ?
Nobody. You see, if you have nuclear then you can embrace freedom. You cameroonians are a bunch of faggs.
You are scared of your shadows. And believe me we don't need nuclear to deal with your useless army.
We don't consider you a threat, and if we so desire to take bakassi back then we don't need nuclear to do so!
Go to hell, and stop putting your knoze on our business.
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 2:29am On Apr 28, 2013
You don't even manufacture your own vaccines lmao

+20years oil production, how many refinery do you have?
You still export only crude oil
Etc
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 2:33am On Apr 28, 2013
patriot4: What a fool like you can not understand is freedom!
Pakistan and North korea put together are less rich than Nigeria, yet who can give them orders ?
Nobody. You see, if you have nuclear then you can embrace freedom. You cameroonians are a bunch of faggs.
You are scared of your shadows. And believe me we don't need nuclear to deal with your useless army.
We don't consider you a threat, and if we so desire to take bakassi back then we don't need nuclear to do so!
Go to hell, and stop putting your knoze on our business.

We might not b a threat but a nuclear weapon remove any casualty on your side .

Anyway you will need more than 20years to build anything

We ain't afraid of our shadow, we don't trust you 100% from what I have read on this forum and the actions of late sani Abacha , I think we have all the reasons to not trust you 100% .
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 2:34am On Apr 28, 2013
No names calling undecided, this thread is here for people to voice their opinions
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 2:37am On Apr 28, 2013
Nigeria economy and dynamism are very important for us...if you receive sanctions..there will b repercussions on both side, i mean in the whole region(West Africa).not only in term of immigrations (illegal and legal) in term of productivity etc
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 2:38am On Apr 28, 2013
^^^^I hate countries like yours who just want to keep your neighbours down!
It seems that bakassi brings about a lot of nightmares to you, then why don't you just give it back ?
Instead of joining a military alliance with us (and jointly building up our common weaponry, so that we could both stand as independent states which bow to nobody) you prefer taking orders from the westerners. You have had the same western puppet president for more than 20 years. I saw him in Elysée. That bastard, he is clearly working for France and not for his people. My cameroonian friends even told me they would like Nigeria to help get rid of him.
So now ask yourself the good questions.

1 Like

Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 2:45am On Apr 28, 2013
You are the ones who don't want to get over it, you display your hate online and on the ground.(the actions of Nigerian living in bakassi) ,you don't want to know how many times I read about invading My beloved country. About bombing etc..so don't blame me.

BTW u listed Pakistan and India you know as soon as India heard about Pakistan getting the nuclear bomb they started their. Own nuclear program that should tell u something...

Do you think there will b any fair negotiation with Nigeria again? I don't think so

Have you heard about the barracks you guys are building at the Bakassi border? Is that what you call trust? Lol please
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 2:46am On Apr 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

We might not b a threat but a nuclear weapon remove any casualty on your side .

Anyway you will need more than 20years to build anything

We ain't afraid of our shadow, we don't trust you 100% from what I have read on this forum and the actions of late sani Abacha , I think we have all the reasons to not trust you 100% .
That is where you are wrong, it would take less than 5 years for us to build nuclear. We do have officers in our army who studied nuclear technologie at PhD level.
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 2:48am On Apr 28, 2013
your gendarmes keep killing our prople, why is that ?
The barracks are there to protect Nigerian citizens.
Nothing more.
We keep hearing of your gendarmes killing our citizens.
CAMEROONPRIDE: You are the ones who don't want to get over it, you display your hate online and on the ground.(the actions of Nigerian living in bakassi) ,you don't want to know how many times I read about invading My beloved country. About bombing etc..so don't blame me.

BTW u listed Pakistan and India you know as soon as India heard about Pakistan getting the nuclear bomb they started their. Own nuclear program that should tell u something...

Do you think there will b any fair negotiation with Nigeria again? I don't think so

Have you heard about the barracks you guys are building at the Bakassi border? Is that what you call trust? Lol please
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 2:51am On Apr 28, 2013
patriot4: your gendarmes keep killing our prople, why is that ?
Do you have any proofs?
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 2:53am On Apr 28, 2013
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 2:54am On Apr 28, 2013
patriot4: your gendarmes keep killing our prople, why is that ?
The barracks are there to protect Nigerian citizens.
Nothing more.
We keep hearing of your gendarmes killing our citizens.

You see fake news, you keep hearing ,how true is that? As you can see there are people there(politicians) who still disagree about the ICj ruling .they don't respect cameroon authority.

What do you think will b next? Clashes between both forces?
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 2:59am On Apr 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

You see fake news, you keep hearing ,how true is that? As you can see there are people there(politicians) who still disagree about the ICj ruling .they don't respect cameroon authority.

What do you think will b next? Clashes between both forces?
This is not a fake news. We have the right to protect our borders and our citizens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toOC0U2CZcs
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 3:02am On Apr 28, 2013
patriot4:
Read this article: http://www.punchng.com/feature/bakassi-people-attacked-in-cameroon-abandoned-in-nigeria/

That's not a proof ..your people are very stubborn....they protect criminals , do not cooperate with our forces, they want to behave like as if they were in Nigeria if the authorities say A they want to say B

Most of them don't want to b identified, they don't have birth certificates, and can't or don't want to do national ID, tell how are supposed to react, when a village want lynch our soldiers?

When they kidnap our traditional authorities?

When they cover Mend etc?

I think we have been enough patient its either they bend and abide by Cameroonian rules or they go back in Nigeria , there is no way they can't bring Nigeria lifestyle/rules/laws in Cameroon.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/pirates-kidnap-cameroonian-prince-at-bakassi-peninsula/
Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 28, 2013
^^^^ît is their land. They are bakasians, not Nigérians anymore. Your authorities have to respect them on their land. Yet I hope you now understand why we built the barracks. So that Bakasians and Nigerian nationals would stop being attacked by your gendarmes.

1 Like

Re: US Warns Nigeria Over Nuclear Technology And Iran by Nobody: 3:07am On Apr 28, 2013
patriot4: This is not a fake news. We have the right to protect our borders and our citizens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toOC0U2CZcs

Propaganda , when the Lagos authorities arrested chadian/nigerien etc last month and displayed them on the ground topless like animals I didn't see any of those nations building military barracks?

If they don't abide by the Cameroonian laws such things will continue to happen next thing will b a military clash

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko-haram Attacks Mobile-Police Base In Damaturu / PHOTOS: Emir Of Kano Visits Gov. Ganduje / Bad Roads In Ogun State: An Appeal To Governor Dapo Abiodun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.