Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,952 members, 7,952,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:57 AM

Leaving The Old And Becoming New, How Does That Really Work? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Leaving The Old And Becoming New, How Does That Really Work? (962 Views)

Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri / I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn / i am leaving the church now.Christianity Is Not A True Religion! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leaving The Old And Becoming New, How Does That Really Work? by NubianQ(f): 12:01am On Oct 03, 2008
I wonder if someone can answer this Questions for me.

When you decide to take a step and be closer to God how easy is it to forget your past and Move on? or do you live with your past and just deal with it?  I have actually wondered how one can move from living in sin to not living in sin, does that mean your past never haunts you or how do you deal with it. I just Wonder because there is always this saying of old things have passed away,  how does that work seriously, i want to know and as this is a Christian thread i thought that diffrent people with different ideas can tell me.

Never been on the religious thread as such but i have been reading whats posted lately and doing some work of my own. Sincere answers plz and please NubianQ haters let it go! wink

a nice christian answer would be nice!

p.s if you can respond via email or via Nland that would be great!
Re: Leaving The Old And Becoming New, How Does That Really Work? by jennykadri: 12:15am On Oct 03, 2008
hmmm nubian?u don decide to give ur life to christ grin grin grin grin
Re: Leaving The Old And Becoming New, How Does That Really Work? by NubianQ(f): 12:33am On Oct 03, 2008
jennykadri:

hmmm nubian?u don decide to give ur life to christ grin grin grin grin

Hey hun, maybe, maybe not , just wondering what that whole thing means. i can't do a tell all book on NL can i wink grin grin

Everyone needs a little bit of Jesus for all the right reasons wink
Re: Leaving The Old And Becoming New, How Does That Really Work? by xenophobic: 12:34am On Oct 03, 2008
Sin is just a contraption formulated by religious no good doers to control your moral thoughts and end up selling salvation for a quick buck or tithe. Instead of sin, look at the laws of the land. The criminal codes of the environment you stay. If you dont violate any of them, you live a scot free life.

No need to punish your self in the real world and thrump up imaginary punishments for crimes such as looking at a woman's titties or smiling when you sexy model!

Its too irrational to say the least. Just follow the laws of the state or country you are in now and things will work out well for you!

Bleep
Re: Leaving The Old And Becoming New, How Does That Really Work? by NubianQ(f): 12:37am On Oct 03, 2008
Oh well yes, but the laws of the land dont particularly deal with finding yourself does it. there is this thing that having a better way of life brings to you, as funny as it might seem, coming from a Huge sinner like me, i just wonder how someone can walk the walk after talking the talk smiley
Re: Leaving The Old And Becoming New, How Does That Really Work? by davidylan4(m): 1:31am On Oct 03, 2008
NubianQ:

When you decide to take a step and be closer to God how easy is it to forget your past and Move on? or do you live with your past and just deal with it? I have actually wondered how one can move from living in sin to not living in sin, does that mean your past never haunts you or how do you deal with it. I just Wonder because there is always this saying of old things have passed away, how does that work seriously, i want to know and as this is a Christian thread i thought that diffrent people with different ideas can tell me.

When a man (or woman) is born again, his sin is washed away and God remembers it no more. Outwardly there may be no difference but spiritually the man becomes a new creature before God, cleansed by His blood and filled with the Holy Spirit.

Now that does not take away the physical consequences of your past sin which includes guilt, remember the thief on the cross whom Christ forgave? Even though he became a new man that day, cleansed of his sin, he still paid the price for his crime.

The only way (my opinion based on the bible) to move beyond sin is to give your life to Jesus Christ, ask Him to give you a new heart . . . as long as you believe that Christ has forgiven you of your sin gradually they will fade away into the past.
Re: Leaving The Old And Becoming New, How Does That Really Work? by NubianQ(f): 10:30am On Oct 03, 2008
@david

Thank you! smiley smiley makes alot of sense now, I guess we all have live with whatever has happened in the past. hopefully they will fade away! wink

(1) (Reply)

This God? / Four Questions Ahonohai Is Willing To Answer About Christianity. . .for Abuzola! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.