Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,367 members, 7,853,649 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:51 PM

Ugly Britain - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ugly Britain (106897 Views)

Three Nigerians Arrested At Sham Wedding In Britain / Nigerians, Highest Number Of African Criminals In Britain - UK Home Office / Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Go Down)

Re: Ugly Britain by HYBRIDX(m): 9:33am On Nov 15, 2008
hmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting,
Re: Ugly Britain by felifeli: 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2008
@glite
The party is over , the last Nigerian there please don't forget to turn off the lights when you are leaving

so they are just doing visa bobo for us for nothing .na wah o !. my friend bought pound sterling at Lagos airport this morning for N180 which means that the mallams will be buying for around N170 . the party is really over for uk.

anyway sha anybody wants to join me at the games arcade at the new Naija Kampus Kommunity www.kampuskommunity.com
Re: Ugly Britain by samix(m): 12:42am On Nov 16, 2008
Glite:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/telecoms/article5144780.ece

BT today revealed plans to cut 10,000 jobs by the end of the year after pre-tax profits slumped by 11 per cent in the first six months of the year.

Today's surprise cut by the former state-owned telecoms operator means almost 15,000 British jobs have been lost within the past three days, after Virgin Media, Yell and GlaxoSmithKline took the axe to staff.

Yesterday, it emerged that British unemployment hit an 11-year high of 1.82 million during the three months to September and is forecast to peak at 3.3 million by 2011.

Mervyn King, the Governor of the Bank of England, finally acknowledged this week that the UK was heading for a full-blown recession, and signalled further interest rate cuts on top of the 1.5 per cent reduction last Thursday.

Soon everybody in UK will have no job and will be receiving owobaba grin grin
But how will they fund owobaba when there are no more useful immigrants (not cleaners) that they can tax to death ? I wonder o ;system meltdown coming . The party is over , the last Nigerian there please don't forget to turn off the lights when you are leaving undecided undecided

@angeleyz
I am not a prophetess of doom , merely stating the obvious with my eyes wide open (shine your eyez well) and have i not been proved right within a few days ? Next time when I speak listen to me and don't think because I say bad things about UK it is because I hate the place or they didn't give me visa, who wants visa to stay inside sinking ship anyway ?

stop bitching babe, rate of unemployment in UK is far negligible compared to nigeria's rate of unemployment. unemployed people in nigeria should be over 60 million. prove me wrong please
Re: Ugly Britain by trustboy: 2:52am On Nov 16, 2008
Some unemployed people in nigeria can survive through help from friends, families and relatives. God help you if you became unemployed in UK and are not entitled to any state benefits.

1 Like

Re: Ugly Britain by IBEXY(m): 9:07am On Nov 16, 2008
For those thinking the economic crunch will be limited to UK alone, stop fooling yourself. Hello! The chaos is GLOBAL. This is a time to pray for third world nations that may not have a clue how to deal with the situation. If the big economies are crippled, what more third world economies?
Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 1:04pm On Nov 16, 2008
mr man/woman, i dont know about other third world but it certanly wont affect nigeria, reason being that our stocks/shares isnt connected to the world market hence the price being stable now that all the gloabl share prices are taking a nose dive, go check what merryll lynch said about the nigerian economy being one of the safest around at this time,
moreover,the worst that will happen with the price of oil is to go up and down as demand dictates,but large consumers like the unitd states and china do not have an alternative yet and so are not leaving our nigerian light brent anytime soon,by our size (almost150million)we need more of different products than actually exporting so we r not looking for buyers but sellers,hence china licking our asses for whatnigerians buy off them,they r even manufacturing bread in nigeria now,so if your economy cripples then be ready to sell a chunk of uk to nigeria, wont mind them sending obasanjo to be the mayor of london grin grin
Re: Ugly Britain by samix(m): 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2008
trustboy:

Some unemployed people in nigeria can survive through help from friends, families and relatives. God help you if you became unemployed in UK and are not entitled to any state benefits.

so where is your pride as a man when u've got two hands and two legs? when u not sick? men its the same everywhere ok
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 17, 2008
@ TrusT boy,

You are a MALLAM!!

Nobody is ready to help you anywhere!!! Nigeria, UK or anywhere you reside,

You are ON YOUR OWN!!! God can only help you.

Nigeria is da besT plaz GBA! if you got your moni, No need to TRAVEL, jst travel for sight seeing, or study.

atleast UK far more better than Nigeria, you can still get menial jobs to sustain your self and send sum money back to your family or relatives, so u want them to come to Nigeria and start begging abi so u can start moking them, Nigeria people sha una geT 2 mouth!! iif you got a residence & work permiT i think u don't ve any problem wit jobs, u can still find some good jobs, those council job re still normal job everybody could do and not dirty as dey describe it, atleast the whites people also do it (FOREIGNERS).

As prescribed with the pics that has been posted. I think those guys re the hooligans, lazy and not ready to work, in UK you can still earn as low as 400 pounds per month if thou u gaT no degree with unskilled labour scheme,  but compared to Nigeria,  can 5,000 Naira a month, can it your solve your problem,  with the rate of inflation of prices? i think this inflation is really killing da masses,  dey will jst say rice na 15k now,  OLORIBURUKU ppll,  Riz wey suppose Buku for dey throway for ground,  so rice don turn to Gold,  if u wan buy 100 naira rice now,  them go measure am for u na like 4 spoon.  cheesy

The poverty is Nigeria is very HIGH and can never be compared to UK.

Is it everybody that got money to go to school? anyhow jareee,

UGLY BRITAIN or NOT,  he doesn't stop people going to UK,

and some BIG MOUTH people saying rubbish here,  if them STAMP them VISA na them go firsT reach airporT!! bad belle people,  EMA RUN DOWN ni

Lets talk about Moving Nigeria forward,  thou UK is not where dey pick Money on da Ground,

Life is not easy,  anywhere u are,   undecided

It Looks like GREEN but ainT GreeN!! tongue
Re: Ugly Britain by Busybody2(f): 6:41pm On Nov 18, 2008
It is now a crime and a shame to be a Christian in UK, [size=14pt]they have allowed a statue showing Jesus in a sexually aroused state to be displayed at The Baltic Art Gallery in Gateshead[/size] a private case to have the display removed on the grounds of decency was thrown out by the Crown Prosecution Service cry cry cry
Re: Ugly Britain by Busybody2(f): 6:47pm On Nov 18, 2008
According to the Office for National Statistics, a shocking 1,500 jobs are lost every day and claims for Jobseekers Allowance has risen to 63,000 a week.
Re: Ugly Britain by Busybody2(f): 6:58pm On Nov 18, 2008
Energy experts have warned that Britain faces blackouts within five to ten years because of failure to support building of new nuclear plants and the lack of timescale to build them. They have to close nine oil and coal-fired power plants by 2015 and have to shut down four ageing nuclear power plants because of EU directives , yet they have been dithering for the past five years on when the replacement would be built.
Re: Ugly Britain by Busybody2(f): 7:07pm On Nov 18, 2008
The Eurozone has officially slipped into recession. Germany - Europe's biggest economy - officially went into recession earlier this week and Italy followed two days ago, France's fate still hangs in the balance, whilst people in Ireland are in such rush to leave the Emerald Isle, they have been abandoning their cars at Dublin Airport car parks before flying out. They are leaving behind luxury cars such as BMW and Mercedes because they can't afford the loans on the cars and banks and other lenders now have to repossess dumped vehicles whilst also clearing the hefty £30/day parking bills incurred shocked shocked
Re: Ugly Britain by felifeli: 11:33pm On Nov 18, 2008
@faakay
where in Nigeria do people earn N5000 a month ? You must have left more thn a decade ago. Even our houseboy earns N15,000 and he lives in free boysquarters. poverty in uk is worse than in naija if you are not entitled to benefits. i know guys earning zero pounds a week and it is not becos they are lazy , no job my friend.

@busy_body
Be careful my sister Glite was banned from nairaland a few days ago for anti- oyinbo sentiments

meanwhile anyone wants to play chess or kill the simpsons with me at naija kampus kommunity ( www.kampuskommunity.com )
Re: Ugly Britain by JJYOU: 11:44pm On Nov 18, 2008
felifeli:

@faakay
where in Nigeria do people earn N5000 a month ? You must have left more thn a decade ago. Even our houseboy earns N15,000 and he lives in free boysquarters. poverty in uk is worse than in naija if you are not entitled to benefits. i know guys earning zero pounds a week and it is not because they are lazy , no job my friend.

@busy_body
Be careful my sister Glite was banned from nairaland a few days ago for anti- oyinbo sentiments

meanwhile anyone wants to play chess or kill the simpsons with me at naija kampus kommunity ( www.kampuskommunity.com )
really? wonders shall not end on NL
Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 1:09am On Nov 19, 2008
@busybody
ouch, especially the blackout situation grin
Re: Ugly Britain by Busybody2(f): 2:16am On Nov 19, 2008
felifeli:

@busy_body

Thank you ma brother, I just hate people who think nothing good can come outta Nigeria. Hmmn no wonder Pafun had to go incognito cool
Re: Ugly Britain by Busybody2(f): 2:24am On Nov 19, 2008
lucabrasi:

@busybody
ouch, especially the blackout situation grin

Mon darlink, mba no be that one dey do me, I have been having sleepless nights and it is not a laughing matter, can you imagine if the pounds drop back to 1-2-1, shocked that means your £1,000,000 would turn to 1,000,000 naira, and my £500 would only be worth 500 naira cry

What say we run back to Nigeria tonight to protect our nest-egg kiss grin
Re: Ugly Britain by hbrednic: 5:07pm On Nov 19, 2008
IBEXY:

don't mind the stupid British visa reject called glite. UK embassy rejected her application when she had already boasted to her friends. She just had to travel out to save face. So she choose one of the poorest south American nation. They gave her visa quickly. Now she has major issues with anyone who lives in yankee including innocent hard working Nigerians in the UK. Take a look below. Glites vacation destination. Swap one slum for the other.

pls dont distort facts for the sake of other readers,who might swallow ur points just like that.

Brasil is the biggest economy in south-america,
11th largest economy in the world,while russia & assuie comes distant 12 and 13th.
in europe,only germany.britain,france and spain are richer than brasil.
so it is not ONE OF THE POOREST SOUTH AMERICAN NATION as you stated.
Re: Ugly Britain by shotster50(m): 1:38am On Nov 20, 2008
Brazil has all that but some places are still filthier than anywhere you know in lagos.
Re: Ugly Britain by hbrednic: 2:16am On Nov 20, 2008
shotster50:

Brazil has all that but some places are still filthier than anywhere you know in lagos.

prof,does that make it the poorest nation in south-america?
Re: Ugly Britain by shotster50(m): 3:08am On Nov 20, 2008
What is it with people here. I never said it was the poorest, I am just saying it how it is. Brazil is rich alright but fact is that it is still considered a third world country.
Re: Ugly Britain by nedureg01(m): 9:35am On Nov 20, 2008
@ Pafun,
where u dey? we need more pics of wowo britain.abi london met police don catch up with u? u must finish what u started!!!!
Re: Ugly Britain by felifeli: 9:44am On Nov 20, 2008
nedureg01:

@ Pafun,
where u dey? we need more pics of wowo britain.abi london met police don catch up with u? u must finish what u started!!!!
No I think Nairaland metro police/new moderator has caught up with him at last grin
Re: Ugly Britain by okiyi: 3:48pm On Nov 20, 2008
i would say it's a good idea cos those white punkasses always try to potray Africa as "shit".so why not show the other side of their land.Although the pictures might not be true but it's a nice concept.
Re: Ugly Britain by hbrednic: 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2008
IBEXY:

don't mind the stupid British visa reject called glite. UK embassy rejected her application when she had already boasted to her friends. She just had to travel out to save face. So she choose one of the poorest south American nation. They gave her visa quickly. Now she has major issues with anyone who lives in yankee including innocent hard working Nigerians in the UK. Take a look below. Glites vacation destination. Swap one slum for the other.
shotster50:

What is it with people here. I never said it was the poorest, I am just saying it how it is. Brazil is rich alright but fact is that it is still considered a third world country.

you need to read earlier posts b/4 u start scratching ur keyboard.
i highlighted brasils position in the world economy,because of IBEXYs post above ( one of the pooorest south american nation).
such awful lie couldnt go uncorreted in a public forum.
Re: Ugly Britain by shotster50(m): 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2008
@ hbrednic
I don't care what anyone else said, it is your comments that I am responding to.
Re: Ugly Britain by hbrednic: 10:44pm On Nov 20, 2008
shotster50:

@ hbrednic
I don't care what anyone else said, it is your comments that I am responding to.

my friend u should care,thats the prelude to our argument.
why you will be responding to a correction thats not directed at you.
and let me ask you once more is brasil one of the poorest country in south america?
if ur answer is no,then tell it to ur friend IBEXY not me.
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 20, 2008
NA WAOOOOO

JOB NO DEY ANYWHERE IN DA WORLD NOW!!! WETIN GO HAPPEN NOW  grin

WHICH WAY TO GO? ME I KNOW HA!!!!!!!! shocked  grin

hmmmmmm, cry

@ felifeli, Ur houseboy is so Lucky to earn 15k with Free accommodation, You guys are so Niz,
Re: Ugly Britain by felifeli: 10:48pm On Nov 20, 2008
In Nairaland . . . . . big tings a gwan grin
Re: Ugly Britain by shotster50(m): 11:43pm On Nov 20, 2008
hbrednic

It is definitely not the poorest nation in South America (Bolivia, Honduras, Nicaragua, Guyana, etc take that spot), i can agree to that.  Brazil is soooooo rich but yet a great majority of the people live below the poverty line? Have you ever been to Rocinha, Pavão-Pavãozinho,Maré and Turano? Brazils wealth is held by only 10% of the population to me that sounds a lot like Nigeria.
Re: Ugly Britain by hbrednic: 12:15am On Nov 21, 2008
shotster50:

hbrednic

What point are you trying to makeIt is definitely not the poorest nation in South America, i can agree to that. Brazil is soooooo rich but yet a great majority of the people live below the poverty line? Have you ever been to Rocinha, Pavão-Pavãozinho,Maré and Turano? Brazils wealth is held by only 10% of the population to me that sounds a lot like Nigeria.

you are still shooting of target,why is diff 4 u to answer a simple question.
is brasil one of the poorest nation is south america?
Re: Ugly Britain by shotster50(m): 12:40am On Nov 21, 2008
I think i have modified the answer to your taste,  there you are have it. Can we stop going on about Brazil now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26)

Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts / Nigerian In Philippines Displays Relief Items Given To Him By Government / Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.