Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,942 members, 7,863,338 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:46 PM

Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon - Foreign Affairs (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon (45074 Views)

Lebanon Arrests Vulture Accused Of Spying For Isreal. (pic) / ISIS Supreme Leader's Wife, Son Captured And Detained In Lebanon / Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nilla(f): 8:38pm On Aug 04, 2006
debosky:

maybe 200,000 lives is more valuable than 7-8million lives to you i don't know but the war would have raged on for years and countless millions would still have been killed. i don't like any death, but if the death of some will prevent the death of countless others it is a bitter but better alternative to take

what makes you so sure Japan was not ready to surrender already.
Just to remind you if another country did this, i am sure US would have pushed for them to be tried for war crimes.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by debosky(m): 8:43pm On Aug 04, 2006
they were not, that is the principal reason the nukes were used to make them surrender. go read about WW2 history.

the US killed 200,000 civillians in japan, do you know how many civillians in china alone japan killed? 7 million. it was a war situation, and drastic action was needed to prevent further deaths. i don't know which would qualify for war crimes trying, but ithe nukes ended the war, which was its intention, not the extermination of any group of people.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 04, 2006
medube:

Hello friends cool

I went to bed, got up and went to work and now I' back here smiley Now during this period, Israel had hit 2 bridges in the Northern Part of Lebanon which is predominantly Christians and now I ask my brothers @davidylan, @debosky, @zebudaya, etc, knowing you have your facts, have you heard that hezbollah hides amongst the Christians as well?

O Gawd! Not another dumbass post without clear thought process. Hizbollah will use anything even Jews themselves as human shields right now! why do you think they captured the 2 jewish soldiers? Is it because they love them or they were trying to use them as bargaining chips to force Isreal to release their own terrorists in Isreali jails?

Dear, Isreal is hitting those bridges PRECISELY to prevent Syria and Iran arming Hizbollah, please read the news Iran just held a meeting promising to send more sophisticated SAMs to hizbollah!
medube:

Now these are a few points I will like to put through please feel free to argue unbiasely:

1. If te so called Land of the Free America are have been fighting to eradicate terrorism and so called rebels or freedom fighters, how come they have gone to rid Sri Lanka of the Tamil Tigers, Spain of the Basque Movement, Congo of their rebels, Terrorist groups in Algeria, etc? Why such the interest always for the Middle East?

2. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread stupidly that America was the reason the Blacks were free, I guess thats why places that were affected by the hurricanes got the rapid and effective responses Iraq got?

3. How come America was so eager to spend Billions of $$$ to help "the poor Iraqis who have been suffering" under Saddam yet spend chicken change if at all on helping children dying in Africa from either Aids or hunger?

4. How come when they want to carry out an action that favors them, the UN becomes the most powerful and final word in the World, but when not in favor, the UN can do no more effect than a small child shouting at his parent?

5. They are good in preaching Democracy and the words of freedom, yet because they need a country to operate from to invade Afghanistan, Gen. Musharraf is a close ally and is allowed to own Weapons of Mass Destruction alongside with India even if they threaten to use it on each other day by day. As long as the we have no oil there, go f**k yourselves for all we care,

6. Talk about using chemical wepaons, does any of you actually know what America was using the first Gulf War?

7. Iraq invades Kuwait, lets help them? Who are you? When 2 brothers who are neghbours on a street are fighting, who is a stranger to use force to remove one from the other?

Someone said here that Israel could actually nuke out Hezbollah. Whether you like it or not, the power of Israel comes from the US even up to this moment as we speak, they are supplying them weapons for the war. The only reason America cannot do rubbish with Iran is beacuse Russia is behind them. Did any of you read few months back when Israel tested a long range missile with US scientist, Russian scientists quickly went to Iran and iran tested theirs. So whether you are here arguing that its right or now, we are all puppets of the big nations and they move us as they wish, which I do not accept.
I will tell you as far as I am concerned the United State's foreign policy sucks. The EU could have been an organisation to contend with if not that George Bush has one of his puppies living in 10 Downing Street. Fortunately, the people of the UK have started rising up against being more or less an asslicker to the US. This world is like a Command Conquer played between friends over a network. Each person has a right to move and see who commands and conquers the most.

Let it be. Just as the great egyptians, romans, british, germans, all came and fell, so shall it be one day cool

1. The land of the free has absolutely no business with the Tamil tiger rebels or the basque in Spain or the congo rebels! Has any of them ever bombed the US, UK, Java, Nairobi and threatened to "liberate" Nigeria? Is any of the chanting death to any country? Are their leaders hiding in caves and promising to attack the US? Did any of them fly aircraft into the twin towers, pentagon and attempt to ly one into the white house? Think before you make statements!

2. Katrina is not the sole barometer by which we measure racism in the USA, that was gross government innefficiency on display. Siince you were in the dark, New Orleans only got so much media attention because of the over sensationalisation of the media here. There where thousands of small white neighborhoods that did not even get govt attention until much later!

3. a. the US DID NOT spend dollars to help "suffering children" under Saddam. Iraq under saddam was under US sanctions till he was removed.
b. The US has to spend those dollars to fund their thousands of armies in Iraq and to help rebuild the infrastructure they destroyed in removing saddam.
c. Why must the US spend dollars to help suffering children in Africa when their banks are full to bursting with bank accounts of corrupt African leaders? Is Africa's present state as a result of a US military intervention?

4. That is precisely what you get when the US hosts the UN headquarters and is the largest financial contributor to the body. That is what is refered to as "foreign policy" not the nonsense "big brother of Africa" policy of Obasanjo's Nigeria that has seen us benefit absolutely nothing from our assistance to fellow African states!

5. Pakistan and India built their weapons well outside the knowledge of the US. Besides i cant remember the US telling Saudi Arabia to elect a democratic govt!

6. US used chemical weapons during the gulf war? Are you dreaming? The last time the US used chemical weapons was in the Vietnamese war where agent orange was used! And in case you've forgotten, Saddam first gassed his muslim kurds in the 1980s.
Dont even attempt to argue this point, i just watched a full documentary on the 1st gulf war 2 days ago! And it was not on NTA!

7. I wonder why you did not ask Nigeria the same question when we wasted money, resources, troops and journalists in Liberia and Sierraleone!
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nilla(f): 9:03pm On Aug 04, 2006
@ debosky

even if they were not ready to surrender i still dont think WMD should have bee used. And like i said if it were some other country US would have been pushing for prosecution.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by zebudaya(m): 9:05pm On Aug 04, 2006
Israel is hitting the bridges to prevent the captured soldiers from being transported to Iran too! hit them so hard damnit.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by dondele(m): 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2006
hit them harder abeg.

what news are u guys using? cnn?
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by debosky(m): 9:10pm On Aug 04, 2006
@ nilla i see your point, but in my opinion when you really get down to it, ALL weapons are bad, WMD or W of little D.

I guess its open to speculation, but you never know, japan may have been develping the weapons to use on others too.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nilla(f): 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2006
u see your statement is you never know. But they didn't did they.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nilla(f): 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2006
@ those supporting Israel to hit harder.

You better support them to help develop Lebanon afterwards. thats if there is anything left to rebuild.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by debosky(m): 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2006
no they didnt anymore, they don't even have a proper army cuzz they don't trust themselves not to commit all the crimes they did in WW2.

i think you're a bit too fixated on the WMD thing, it is still a weapon. if a 'conventional' weapon killed 7million and a 'WMD" killed 100,000 wouldyou still prefer the conventional ones?
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nilla(f): 9:17pm On Aug 04, 2006
dont want anyone shocked

but the WMD destroys generations and a lot of people in a short time.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by zebudaya(m): 9:21pm On Aug 04, 2006
Japan lost a war when you loose a war against another country. your sign your country away. They signed their country away and the Japanese president can't fart without Bush Knowing. Also their military is not strong it's mainly used for peace keeping they are at the same level as civillians

WMD or no WMD hezbollah and hamas have to be destroyed.

Yep NATO helped repair yugoslavia, Saudi Arabia and Quatar have enough money to repair lebanon. U.S would help to. I
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by debosky(m): 9:22pm On Aug 04, 2006
i get you nilla

lets all make love and not war (maybe u shd move to Cali grin grin)
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nilla(f): 9:27pm On Aug 04, 2006
@ debosky,
grin grin grin

@ zebudaya
are you seeing all the protests again israel (including the one today in Iraq). Israel is fighting a lost cause. while i believe they cannot completly destroy hezbollah and hamas, if they do more of those groups would arise. Unless Israel wants this to become a world war.

why should Saudi and Qatar help (they can if they want to ). But Israel should be made to do so, since they keep claiming their war is with Hezbollah not Lebanon.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by zebudaya(m): 9:33pm On Aug 04, 2006
saudi is already helping i think they gave 1 billion dollars already! Israel cannot completely destroy hezbollah but they can do what bush did to al-qaeda weaken them significantly. When last did you hear about a major al-qaeda attack.

Hit them harder grin and when you're done send an extra one to zamfara and bauchi

Who cares about protest in Iraq? they are very soon going to have a civil war on their hands they might as well live life at full crush because there would be a civl war in a few months
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by debosky(m): 9:35pm On Aug 04, 2006
i also believe israel should contribute if it can, but remember the lebanese need to see that hisbollah is no good for them and disarm them, if not they'll continue to pay the price for another country's (IRAN) vendetta with israel

the iranians are not being bombed, they live in their nice houses and have electricity and water, till the lebanese wise up and stip getting themselves played like pawns they'll suffer cuzz of hisbollah
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nilla(f): 9:37pm On Aug 04, 2006
@ zebudaya

your meaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

hit your fellow nigerians

if saudi wants to help, they can. But Israel should be made to rebuild what they have destroyed. then the world (at least some of them) would believe that they were just after Hezbollah.

regarding Al qaeda, b/c you dont hear anything does not mean they are not planning anything. if the US has really had victory over Al qaeda, they should show us Bin Laden behind bars or something.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 04, 2006
nilla:

@ zebudaya
are you seeing all the protests again israel (including the one today in Iraq). Israel is fighting a lost cause. while i believe they cannot completly destroy hezbollah and hamas, if they do more of those groups would arise. Unless Israel wants this to become a world war.

why should Saudi and Qatar help (they can if they want to ). But Israel should be made to do so, since they keep claiming their war is with Hezbollah not Lebanon.

Isreal is fighting a "lost" cause because some renegades in Iraq decided to put aside their daily killings for a few minutes to chant death to Isreal? Those fellows have more problems to deal with from their fellow sunni muslims than Isreal can ever give them. It's high time they concentrated on preventing the sweeping civil war in their own territory first.

Isreal will rebuild Lebanon? Keep decieviing yourselves, that is the price Lebanon pays for haboring terrorists. They were warned for 6 solid yrs to keep their troops on the northern border with Isreal but they refused! Someone on this forum stupidly said how can a purely sunni army control a largely shiite hizbollah, no problem that is the price to pay for such foolishness. Soon someone will be wondering how the nigerian army is expected to curtail a largely niger delta militia!
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by zebudaya(m): 9:42pm On Aug 04, 2006
For all you know Bin laden may be an American creation! or if he is real America doesn't want to take him out yet. As long as Bin-laden is around the Arab sheiks in saudi, iran, and quatar would keep buying American weapons what you didn't think they were scared of him? Bin laden is anti-establishment and the old timers are scared of the young-buck who is becoming more popular in the arab world. More money for America, as long as America is rich and safe. More money for zebudaya to make whoaaaa grin
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nilla(f): 9:48pm On Aug 04, 2006
Dont be decieved. America is not rich and most certainly not safe. their debt is higher than that of nigeria.

More money for zebudaya to make whoaaaa

how is there more money for you
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nilla(f): 9:51pm On Aug 04, 2006
@ davidylan,

your always looking for my trouble. Why? i said Israel should not they will. you would soon start telling me there is no difference in those words.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by zebudaya(m): 9:52pm On Aug 04, 2006
nilla:

Dont be decieved. America is not rich and most certainly not safe. their debt is higher than that of nigeria.

how is there more money for you

America is richer and safer than where I come from NIGERIA

2) As long as the economy is prosperous, jobs are being created and there is more money to go around, and there is more money for Zebudaya to make cheesy
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nilla(f): 9:54pm On Aug 04, 2006
@ zebudaya,

cool for you.

i am from Nigeria and i feel its safer than the US.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by zebudaya(m): 9:58pm On Aug 04, 2006
you are being unrealistic. I take walks around 3 am when i'm bored. even if armed robbers dont attack me in naija, police would and accuse me of "wandering". I cant speak my mind or obj would send EFCC or SSS after me and send me to alagbon. I am brainwashed. I love this American Dream!
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nilla(f): 10:01pm On Aug 04, 2006
lol
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by zebudaya(m): 10:07pm On Aug 04, 2006
nilla I love your sense of humor on this sensitive topic. Sticking to your point of view without getting unecessarily pissed off on the other hand davidylan you go get heart attack and hypertension calm down, take a walk, feed the needy
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nilla(f): 10:20pm On Aug 04, 2006
thanks.

we dont have to see things the same way and yet we are not killing each other.

another person i that i like the way he argues is debosky (we dont agree on some issues but there is peace)
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by debosky(m): 10:36pm On Aug 04, 2006
thanks nilla

the fact we disgree doesnt mean we jump down each other's throats wink

zeb abeg send me some of ur cash when u start making it.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nilla(f): 10:38pm On Aug 04, 2006
smiley
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by otokx(m): 11:37pm On Aug 04, 2006
the war will soon be over, lebanon is indeed paying a heavy price.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by medube(m): 11:48pm On Aug 04, 2006
I totally agree with @nilla, thats why I even stopped contributing. You try to make points even if you're wrong but you learn, while some people here get insultive and make points with forcing you to agree with them. We are all here not fighting, but arguing and learning, lets leave the fighting for Israel and Hezbollah smiley
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by otokx(m): 11:59pm On Aug 04, 2006
so lets continue arguing and learning.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (53) (Reply)

US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ / 75-Year-Old Woman Marries A 27yr Old Man...says 'love Has No Age Limit' / Robert Mugabe Gets $10m Golden Handshake, Full Salary And Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.