Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,917 members, 7,863,221 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:17 PM

Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon - Foreign Affairs (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon (45072 Views)

Lebanon Arrests Vulture Accused Of Spying For Isreal. (pic) / ISIS Supreme Leader's Wife, Son Captured And Detained In Lebanon / Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 05, 2006
Na lie o Zebudaya and nilla.

i cant have heart attack nor hypertension. Iro ni. God will not give place to my enemies, i say the truth as it is.

@nilla,
you said "Isreal should be made to, " your own exact words, does that mean the same as "Isreal should, "? Methinks there is a basic difference between the two, one connotes force the other does not!

BTW the words i use do not mean that i do not respect the individuals!
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nilla(f): 2:44am On Aug 05, 2006
no they are not the same, but i mean both nothwithstanding.

will is different - that means i am saying that that is what they will do so.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by kabiyesi(m): 4:27am On Aug 05, 2006
Why one should not trust the Media.

What really happened that led to the capture of the two Israeli soldiers? Where did it take place? Are we being misled? Lets find out what happened on Wednesday, July 12th, 2006:

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/israeli_solders.html

Israeli borders are heavily protected with Sensors, Drones, Optical and Infra-red camera, Guard dogs, Snipers, Tanks, Attack helos, and Low orbit satellites. A Guerrilla has a better chance of winning a lottery than breaching it, cos it usually means a DOA, dead on arrival. If it were so easy to penetrate, Hezbollah could 've had the Lebanese Sheeba farms back and Syria could 've got back its Golan Heights.

So how was Hezbollah able to penetrate such a formidable defence without being detected? This is not a US-Mexican border, and porous border is not part of Israeli lexicon.

Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nilla(f): 4:50am On Aug 05, 2006
kabiyesi:

Why one should not trust the Media.

What really happened that led to the capture of the two Israeli soldiers? Where did it take place? Are we being misled? Lets find out what happened on Wednesday, July 12th, 2006:

Israeli borders are heavily protected with Sensors, Drones, Optical and Infra-red camera, Guard dogs, Snipers, Tanks, Attack helos, and Low orbit satellites. A Guerrilla has a better chance of winning a lottery than breaching it, because it usually means a DOA, dead on arrival. If it were so easy to penetrate, Hezbollah could 've had the Lebanese Sheeba farms back and Syria could 've got back its Golan Heights.

So how was Hezbollah able to penetrate such a formidable defence without being detected? This is not a US-Mexican border, and porous border is not part of Israeli lexicon.

I heard captured sometimes and sometimes i heard kidnapped on the news. Some people will argue that there is no difference (cos i actually had some arguments with friends).

If the soldiers were captured (inside of Lebanon) then Israel is really really wrong in what its doing. Because they do not have any right to be in lebanon.
If the soldiers were kidnapped, Israels actions are still not ok (cos they are wrongfully inflicting pain in lebanon)
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by kabiyesi(m): 6:06am On Aug 05, 2006
nilla ~ Here is what Forbes, quoting AP, reported:

The militant group Hezbollah captured two Israeli soldiers during clashes Wednesday across the border in southern Lebanon, prompting a swift reaction from Israel, which sent ground forces into its neighbor to look for them.

The forces were trying to keep the soldiers' captors from moving them deeper into Lebanon, Israeli government officials said on condition of anonymity.

http://www.forbes.com/technology/feeds/ap/2006/07/12/ap2873051.html

The two soldiers were captured in Lebanon. As I said earlier, Hezbollah can not sneak into Israel and kidnap the said soldiers. Israeli border defence is too formidable for Hezbollah to penetrate without being detected. The war was provoked. Why?
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nilla(f): 6:13am On Aug 05, 2006
People in support of Israel will use kidnapped, to make it look like Hezbollah started it.

Anyways i hope this conflict will be over soon because its taking too long and foreigners are getting killed. We don't want no WWIII.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Jakumo(m): 7:02am On Aug 05, 2006
Fears of a Word War 3 are not too far fetched. Today CNN and Sky News are excitedly pointing out that some of the long-range missiles launched against Israel by Hezbollah are of Syrian origin, to explain why roads and bridges leading from Syria to Lebanon have already been hit by Israeli air strikes. The next logical (illogical ?) step would be for Israel to put Syria itself in the crosshairs of those ground-attack aircraft while also drawing up contingency attack plans targetting Iran for good measure.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nilla(f): 7:05am On Aug 05, 2006
honestly i dont really care where hezbollah gets its missiles. and i dont see why those countries that it gets its missiles are being harassed. Is US supplying Israel with weapons or not?
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Afam(m): 8:49am On Aug 05, 2006
@Debosky and other people that have complained about name calling

I wish to point out to Debosky & co (especially those that asked Afam to stop the name calling) that what they have done in asking me to stop the name calling is basically the cause of the problem in the world today - double standards and hypocrisy.

Instead of apportioning blame to those that started the name calling it becomes very convenient to ask the person that responds to direct personal attacks to stop, how simplistic.

Go back to the root of the name calling and point out where I abused anyone if not in direct response to a personal abuse.

Make no mistake about it, there are people in this world that do not take prisoners, they pay back in kind and in full.

There are a lot of important issues to discuss as against name calling but that does not deny me the right to respond to anyone that abuses me all in the name of maintaining sanity here.

I am sure my name calling can be narrowed down to davidylan and Mariory but it is equally important to point out who started the name calling.

You can never have peace without justice and fairplay.

A better approach would have been for you guys to ask those that started the name calling to stop not asking those that responded to stop.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Mariory(m): 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2006
Another brilliant incursion by Israeli commandos. grin

Reuters news agency quoted an unnamed Israeli naval officer as saying the guerrilla cell was on the second floor of a five-storey block in a densely populated neighbourhood.

"As we burst inside, we hit a number of terrorists inside the apartment with close-quarter shots and grenades," the officer was quoted as saying.

Hezbollah al-Manar television said Hezbollah fighters repelled the attack, showing pictures of spent bullets and a blood-stained concrete floor.

Israel said eight soldiers were wounded in the operation, two seriously. It said a number of Hezbollah militants were killed and several rocket-launchers destroyed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5247670.stm

If Israel had bombed this building from the air. Those Hezbolla fighers engaged by the commandos would have magically become "civilians". Either way bye bye Hezbolla. The clock is ticking. Good Riddance.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by dondele(m): 5:16pm On Aug 05, 2006
did they think they were gonn@ win? they are dead.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2006
I read about the incursion this morning too. Excellent raid by the Isrealis, this war has dragged on so long because the IDF has refused to use their advanced weapons to avoid civilian deaths as much as possible, a thing hizbollah would not think twice about.

Hizbollah "freedom" fighters dress in civilian attire, anytime they are hit by bombs they suddenly cry foul that the IDF is targetting "innocent" civilians. The same civilians who would have no qualms blowing themselves up to kill Isrealis!
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Afam(m): 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2006
Only God knows when the current "excercise" will end.

Regardless of the justifications, innocent people are being killed and there seems to be no end in sight.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
By BENJAMIN HARVEY, Associated Press Writer
2 hours, 55 minutes ago

JERUSALEM - Hezbollah's sophisticated anti-tank missiles are perhaps the guerrilla group's deadliest weapon in Lebanon fighting, with their ability to pierce Israel's most advanced tanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Experts say this is further evidence that Israel is facing a well-equipped army in this war, not a ragtag militia.

Hezbollah has fired Russian-made Metis-M anti-tank missiles and owns European-made Milan missiles, the army confirmed on Friday.

In the last two days alone, these missiles have killed seven soldiers and damaged three Israeli-made Merkava tanks — mountains of steel that are vaunted as symbols of Israel's military might, the army said. Israeli media say most of the 44 soldiers killed in four weeks of fighting were hit by anti-tank missiles.

"They (Hezbollah guerrillas) have some of the most advanced anti-tank missiles in the world," said Yossi Kuperwasser, a senior military intelligence officer who retired earlier this summer.

"This is not a militia, it's an infantry brigade with all the support units," Kuperwasser said.

Israel contends that Hezbollah gets almost all of its weaponry from Syria and by extension Iran, including its anti-tank missiles.

That's why cutting off the supply chain is essential — and why fighting Hezbollah after it has spent six years building up its arsenal is proving so painful to Israel, officials say.

Israel's Merkava tanks boast massive amounts of armor and lumber and resemble fortresses on tracks. They are built for crew survival, according to Globalsecurity.org, a Washington-based military think tank.

Hezbollah celebrates when it destroys one.

"A Zionist armored force tried to advance toward the village of Chihine. The holy warriors confronted it and destroyed two Merkava tanks," the group proclaimed on television Thursday.

The Israeli army confirmed two attacks on Merkava tanks that day — one that killed three soldiers and the other killing one. The three soldiers who were killed on Friday were also killed by anti-tank missiles, the army said.

It would not say whether the missiles disabled the tanks.

"To the best of my understanding, they (Hezbollah) are as well-equipped as any standing unit in the Syrian or Iranian armies," said Eran Lerman, a retired army colonel and now director of the Israel/Middle East office of the American Jewish Committee. "This is not a rat-pack guerrilla, this is an organized militia."

Besides the anti-tank missiles, Hezbollah is also known to have a powerful rocket-propelled grenade known as the RPG29. These weapons are also smuggled through Syria, an Israeli security official said, and were previously used by Palestinian militants in Gaza to damage tanks.

On Friday, Jane's Defense Weekly, a defense industry magazine, reported that Hezbollah asked Iran for "a constant supply of weapons" to support its operations against Israel.

The report cited Western diplomatic sources as saying that Iranian authorities promised Hezbollah a steady supply of weapons "for the next stage of the confrontation."

Top Israeli intelligence officials say they have seen Iranian Revolutionary Guard soldiers on the ground with Hezbollah troops. They say that permission to fire Hezbollah's longer-range missiles, such as those could reach Tel Aviv, would likely require Iranian go-ahead.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by zebudaya(m): 6:57pm On Aug 05, 2006
@ afam Link please
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Mariory(m): 7:09pm On Aug 05, 2006
That article came from Yahoo! news.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nilla(f): 7:21pm On Aug 05, 2006
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm angry

so this conflict is not gonna end soon.

But how come Israel supporters are not commenting to the fact that the Israeli soldiers were captured from Lebanon not kidnapped in Israel? tongue
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Mariory(m): 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2006
What are you talking about? Hezbolla crossed into Israel to capture the soldiers.

The number of clueless contributing to this thread is mind boggling.

How come Israeli critisisers are not commenting to the fact that Hezbolla is allowed to operate in front of and by the Lebanese army? And the lebanese president is a supporter of Hezbolla and a puppet of Syria?
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by zebudaya(m): 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2006
nilla:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm angry

so this conflict is not going to end soon.

But how come Israel supporters are not commenting to the fact that the Israeli soldiers were captured from Lebanon not kidnapped in Israel? tongue

nilla how is it going to end soon they've been fighting since the beginning of time. Check out what david said in psalms 118

10 A[b]ll nations compassed me about[/b]: but in the name of the LORD will I destroy them.
11 They compassed me about; yea, they compassed me about but in the name of the LORD I will destroy them.
12 They compassed me about like bees; they are quenched as the fire of thorns:
for in the name of the LORD I will destroy them.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by dondele(m): 7:36pm On Aug 05, 2006
a resolution has been reached by US and France. the UN resolution. a ceasefire is about to be implemented. heard it from CNN.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by zebudaya(m): 7:39pm On Aug 05, 2006
so who's sending the peace keeping troops, it's not about ceasefire it's about troops. I hope OBJ doesn't send our troops. He's stupid and kiss-asser like that.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by dondele(m): 7:40pm On Aug 05, 2006
i think is US and France.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Mariory(m): 7:44pm On Aug 05, 2006
Probably be mostly the EU including Turkey and peharps Russia.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by zebudaya(m): 7:44pm On Aug 05, 2006
US has said they won't send troops for "obvious reasons". The troops they send are going to have to continue the fight when Israel pulls out and Hezbollah resurrects Just like ECOMOG in Liberia, i got it they should send ECOMOG grin

Turkey also said they wont send troops
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by dondele(m): 7:46pm On Aug 05, 2006
guess ecomog will do.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by 4Play(m): 8:01pm On Aug 05, 2006
There won't be any peace in the Middle East until Hezbollah is completely disarmed.There is no room for an armed militia in a modern world.Imagine if there was a sectarian militia in Nigeria more powerful than the Govt.

People make the mistake of justifying Hebollah's actions on the basis that Isreal occupy's Arab land but they coveniently forget that Hebollah's founding charter calls for the destruction of Isreal. It doesn't say withdrawal from land but the total destruction of Isreal.

Isreal's critics expect Isreal to live with an armed militia on its border whose goal is it's destruction.This is ridiculous and Isreal's response should be seen in that light .
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Mariory(m): 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2006
More stories of how the Israelis are gradually decimating Hezbolla as a fighting force.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-2299682,00.html
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 05, 2006
Mariory:

What are you talking about? Hezbolla crossed into Israel to capture the soldiers.

How come Israeli critisisers are not commenting to the fact that Hezbolla is allowed to operate in front of and by the Lebanese army? And the lebanese president is a supporter of Hezbolla and a puppet of Syria?

I could not agree more to this post! Most of those wasting space posting don't even know what they are talking about, they simply take what others post hook line and sinker and start bawling on about it without cross-checking the facts. I think it was Kabiyesi that made that "Isreal crossing into Lebanon" nonsense and our dear "knowledgeable" Afam and Nilla have since continued to peddle the falsehood.

For general information, links to the atrocities of "freedom" fighters:
Hizbollah captures Israeli reserve officer
Hizbollah occupies former Israeli security zone
Wave of rocket attacks kill 8 in Israel -- Wondering if these Isrealis qualify as "innocent civilians"!
Isreal's two front battle - Kidnapping Israeli soldiers to use as bargaining chips for the release of Arab prisoners is horrible behavior for groups that claim international recognition and political legitimacy, as Hamas and Hezbollah do. The same applies to lobbing rockets over Israel's borders in the hope that they might kill unsuspecting civilians -- Culled from the New York times.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by toshmann(m): 9:03pm On Aug 05, 2006
GUYS, I HAVE ONE QUESTION TO ASK.

in the qana carnage, while i condemn the killing of women and children by israel's bombings, i wish to hightlight something. in that house which was bombed, there were women and children, what happened to the men. is it that the men left the war zone without caring for thier wives and children? where were the men?
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by eunisam: 12:31am On Aug 06, 2006
stop the bomb fighting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by nilla(f): 1:00am On Aug 06, 2006
Mariory:

davidylan:

I could not agree more to this post! Most of those wasting space posting don't even know what they are talking about, they simply take what others post hook line and sinker and start bawling on about it without cross-checking the facts. I think it was Kabiyesi that made that "Isreal crossing into Lebanon" nonsense and our dear "knowledgeable" Afam and Nilla have since continued to peddle the falsehood.

Mariory and Davidylan,
what falsehoods are we peddling. You bring links that back up your own opinions and others bring links that back up theirs. Because others don't match yours does not mean they are peddling false hoods. How are you sure you are not peddling falsehoods 

You guys just don't know how to handle opinions that differ from yours. If it bothers you so much don't respond, others will respond. Don't go about saying people are clueless in what they say.

This is a thread in which people should feel free to comment their opinions on the issue (topic), not for you to go about blaming, insulting and accusing people of not knowing what they are saying.

AND DAVIDYLAN when Seun tells me i am wasting space i will reduce my posts.
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by GL(f): 1:09am On Aug 06, 2006
Toshmann,

i've also been wondering where the Lebanese men are. they keep talking of women and children, where are the husbands and fathers? could they be fighting with Hezbollah?
Re: Israel vs Hezbollah/Lebanon by Mariory(m): 1:18am On Aug 06, 2006
nilla:

Mariory and Davidylan,
what falsehoods are we peddling. You bring links that back up your own opinions and others bring links that back up theirs. Because others don't match yours does not mean they are peddling false hoods. How are you sure you are not peddling falsehoods 

Trying to turn the clear and unarguable truth on it's head by playing with the words of the English language is not stating an opinion. It's called telling a LIE! Hezbolla crossed the border and attacked Israeli soldiers. There are no maybe's, There are no Links that say otherwise, there are no alternate universe's where things happened differently.

HEZBOLLA CROSSED THE BORDER AND ATTACKED PERIOD.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (53) (Reply)

US Election: Pompeo Promises ‘Smooth Transition To Trump’s Second Term’ / 75-Year-Old Woman Marries A 27yr Old Man...says 'love Has No Age Limit' / Robert Mugabe Gets $10m Golden Handshake, Full Salary And Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.