Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? (3926 Views)

Ladies, What Do You Do If You See This Message On Your Fiance's Phone? / Reasons Why Living With Him Won't Get You An Engagement Ring / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by NoraNwagwu(f): 11:59pm On Oct 03, 2008
I can't stop to amaze at what some ladies do.
I'm so angry at her and I now look at her in a different light.
She is my friend. Yes she has good looks but she is not Beyounce Knowles. Abeg people, do not say I am drinking panadol for another person's headache. But this is the (sic) stupidest thing any woman can do.

Main issue: She turned down an engagement ring from her fiance' claiming it wasn't fine and has the guts to come and tell me. She collected it, then gave it back to the poor guy that the ring is not fine. That she would have prefered a white gold. I can imagine what the poor young man would be thinking. Ladies ladies ladies ladies. Sometimes we don't know what we have until we loose it. I have always known that she lives way beyond her means. But this one is the height of it all.

I'll keep giving you people update.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by Uche2nna(m): 12:02am On Oct 04, 2008
NoraNwagwu:

I'll keep giving you people update.

While U are at it, U also need to do some updating on ur yinglish
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by tRoOE(f): 12:08am On Oct 04, 2008
na wa 4 nlanders oh
[size=13pt]That is women for you oh, the gold-diggers
The ring is nothing but just a fashion statement, or does it measure the love he has for her.
If I was the guy, omo I will cancel the engagement jare, she isn’t worth it. Her action already determined the type of wife she would be. This type of women are the ones that leaves their husbands when money runs out or going through difficulties

[/size]
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by davidylan4(m): 12:21am On Oct 04, 2008
if i were the guy i'd be so grateful to God. I'll take the ring back and quietly leave.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 04, 2008
I would return it and ask for a bigger rock na. abi? grin jk jk
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by NoraNwagwu(f): 12:30am On Oct 04, 2008
I forgot to mention. The ring is actually a yellow 14k gold ring. She said she refused it because it is the common type and not exclusive.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by idupaul: 12:33am On Oct 04, 2008
@ poster

what primary school did u attend? errors 2 much for the post
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by tope2000(f): 12:34am On Oct 04, 2008
ur friend is mad and ungrateful
she should atleast accepted
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by idupaul: 12:38am On Oct 04, 2008
tope2000:

ur friend is mad and ungrateful
she should atleast accepted

lol tope has joined the poster in deploying bad grammar grin grin

jst kidding cheesy
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by tope2000(f): 12:42am On Oct 04, 2008
idupaul:

lol tope has joined the poster in deploying bad grammar grin grin

jst kidding cheesy

u no well grin
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by NoraNwagwu(f): 12:46am On Oct 04, 2008
idupaul:

@ poster

what primary school did u attend? errors 2 much for the post

I'd be very glad if you'd point out on the areas you think I goofed and make necessary correction. We learn everyday. Don't shy away from doing that as you have already pointed it out. You might just be the one to accelerate me to a better grammer. Nwa teacher  sad.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by idupaul: 12:54am On Oct 04, 2008
1 Re: Ladies Will You Rejected An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance?

2 I can't stop to amaze at what some ladies do.

3 do not say I am[b] drinking[/b] panadol

4 I'll keep giving you people update.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by NoraNwagwu(f): 1:07am On Oct 04, 2008
@ idupaul

1 Re: Ladies Will You Rejected An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? -------- An oversight after a modif on the topic

2 I can't stop to amaze at what some ladies do. ----- Correct. Its called past continuous tense

3 do not say I am drinking panadol --------- Our local pidgin

4 I'll keep giving you people update. ------- Breaking it down to add a humour angle. I'm not writing a thesis

How old are you? Did you just get into high school? I think it shaking you.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by A40(m): 2:17am On Oct 04, 2008
@idupaul
Very funny

@topic
Well if a girl rejected rejects my engagement ring its all well and good i would dump her and look for someone else who would accept my ring because if she rejects your engagement ring now who knows what else she would be rejected rejecting when we get married
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by idupaul: 9:30am On Oct 04, 2008
@nora nwagu
How old are you? Did you just get into high school? I think it [b]shaking [/b]you.

Even ur pidgin is bad: the word is shacking.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by MissyB1(m): 10:57am On Oct 04, 2008
LOL!! Idupaul
You aren't serious.

idupaul:

@[b]n[/b]ora [b]n[/b]wagu
Even ur pidgin is bad: the word is shacking.
While you're busy correctin' her . . .Note:Grammatically,it's wrong to begin a name with a small letter. cheesy
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by idupaul: 11:27am On Oct 04, 2008
Missy's errors

While you're busy correctin' her

Grammatically,it's wrong to begin a name with a small letter.
: please reconsider restructuring entire sentence. grin grin grin

Hi missy, hw are u doing?

p.s

take corrections seriously.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by MissyB1(m): 11:36am On Oct 04, 2008
Lmao  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy
Idupaul. . . You nor well.Tell me what's wrong with my statement.

I'm very fine.You?
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by idupaul: 11:55am On Oct 04, 2008
Missy B:

Lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy
Idupaul. . . You nor well.Tell me what's wrong with my statement.

I'm very fine.You?

Good to know u are fine, am gud and wondering what to do today.

Grammatically,it's wrong to begin a name with a small letter.

you could revise the statement to >>>>>> In English grammar it is wrong to begin a name with small letters.

grin grin grin
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by MissyB1(m): 11:58am On Oct 04, 2008
What's the difference between this;
idupaul:

you could revise the statement to >>>>>>  In English grammar it is wrong to begin a name with small letters.

grin grin grin
and this;
Missy B:

. . .Note:Grammatically,it's wrong to begin a name with a small letter. cheesy
?

idupaul:

it is wrong to begin a name with small letter[b]s[/b].
How many letter you wan take start one word?
Abeg correct your statement to- . . . . . . . . . . . with a small letter. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by sharonsto(f): 12:27pm On Oct 04, 2008
but y is dat ppl here tend 2 leave d main topic aside 2 stat feedin on one`s gramrtical errors angry anybody wey no get gud advice make e shut up tongue
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:45pm On Oct 04, 2008
abi oh.

dumbos. mchewwww.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2008
I don talk am say Niralanders no get work!!
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by MissyB1(m): 2:43pm On Oct 04, 2008
sharon sto:

but y is that people here tend 2 leave d main topic aside 2 stat start feedin on one`s gramrtical  grammatical[/b]errors angry [b]anybody wey no get good advice make e shut uptongue
We're still waitin' for your advice or you heed to ur instruction wink
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by Gamine(f): 2:59pm On Oct 04, 2008
Im sorry, but i will reject a ring if its Pankere

Id rather not wear anything than wear something that will give me irritations

and may end up making me cut my finger off. yeah it happuns

But really, i can never date a guy on pankere levels

So it wont happun grin
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by cold(m): 3:42pm On Oct 04, 2008
Gamine:

I'm sorry, but i will reject a ring if its Pankere

Id rather not wear anything than wear something that will give me irritations

and may end up making me cut my finger off. yeah it happuns

But really, i can never date a guy on pankere levels

So it wont happun grin

Yeah right,continue waitin on George Clooney.We'll see ur true confessions on Nland in a few years.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by chessguru(m): 3:50pm On Oct 04, 2008
, ladies!!
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by oziomatv(m): 3:59pm On Oct 04, 2008
Engagement Ring can be made with babble wire or electric wire even yam root and still look like Gold and Diamond to the receiver, if she actually know what marriage is, this is why our girls made the worst choice in marriage. I can now notice some GOLD DIGGERS in the house.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by Gamine(f): 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2008
@Cold

Because you are on pankere levels

dosnt mean others are

undecided
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by idupaul: 4:13pm On Oct 04, 2008
sharon sto:

but y is that people here tend 2 leave d main topic aside 2 stat feedin on one`s gramrtical errors angry anybody wey no get good advice make e shut up tongue

sharon's errors

but y is that people here tend 2 leave d main topic aside 2 stat feedin on one`s gramrtical [/b]errors
: Sharon need needs to go back to her English basics. cheesy

ThoniaSlim:

[b]abi oh.

dumbos. mchewwww.
: your pidgin is even wrong: abi ooo seems more like it.

oziomatv:

Engagement Ring can be made with babble wire or electric wire even yam root and still look like Gold and Diamond to the receiver, if she actually know what marriage is, this is why our girls made the worst choice in marriage. I can now notice some GOLD DIGGERS in the house.
: This writer has done quite well but should restructure the highlighted area.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by oziomatv(m): 4:17pm On Oct 04, 2008
idupaul:

: This writer has done quite well but should restructure the highlighted area.

Prof. I'm yet to catch your point, anyway could you correct me where am wrong please, since I studied with Igbo Language.,
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by cold(m): 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2008
I'm not 1 to giv in to too much talkI'm sleeker than ur average,i put my money where mouth is.The truth is i just cant stand plastic & artificial ladies.When i run into such girls i giv them wat they want & kick them to the kerb.And they kip wonderin where they went wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Must You Date? / Can U Call Your Boyfriend Brother? / MY Ex-finally PASSES On....( Can She Ever Forgive Me)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.