Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! (13802 Views)

DOWNLOAD SERIES: “24″ Season 9 Episode 9 & 10 / 24 Season 8 Begins 17th Jan / "24" Season 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by JuanDeDios: 3:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Jack would have sacrificed himself for his ungrateful nation, sure, but for an individual without any romantic attachment, not a chance, not without a contingency plan lurking in the shadows somewhere. Giving himself up the Russians is not consistent with his character throughout the series, especially after sacrificing so much and losing his ex-FBI girlfriend (Russians were directly responsible) and Audrey (Russians were indirectly responsible) to the same Russians along the way.

Jack I remembered would rather sooner die than give himself up willingly to the Russians, even for chloe. He would have found another way. He's pretty good at using people, and would have gotten Kate easily enough to help him get Chloe back. All he had to do was to play on Kate's grief at losing Audrey on her watch, and Kate would have become his to use as he like.

If the showrunners had extended the length of the season finale like they were supposed to (all the other series I have seen had extended final season finales) , fitting all this scenerios in and simultaneously getting a happy ending for Jack in the mix wouldn't have being a problem.

(Jack of season 8, I can relate to and understand: Unleashed and boiling with hatred and retribution).
You make a lot of very good points.

The Jack Bauer we know would not have let the Russians take Chloe but he would, indeed, have made a plan before "going in".

But I disagree with you that a happy ending for Jack would have worked. A happy ending for Jack is what I want too but I don't see how it would have worked at this stage of the story - I always believed season 10 would end in the Russians picking up Jack. What if Jack had made a plan before going in for Chloe? He would then have escaped and gone underground - again. Remember, like I said, that he couldn't simply return to a 9-5 job in LA or become a taxi driver in London. It would have been bad scriptwriting to have him simply disappear underground again since that is the position he was at the end of the previous episode.

The day Bauer killed the Russian diplomats he had this sword of Damocles hanging over his head - he buy market. Killing a Russian minister and then pointing your gun at the Russian president is a serious thing to do. No scriptwriter would resolve that by co-opting Kate, shooting a few more Russian agents, grabbing Chloe and running off a helicopter with her. The Russians have to have him - there is no way around that. In the next episode (if there's any) they will bring him back and bring him out - maybe a Mexican drug lord and a Russian renegade soldier will go into business dealing in Russian nuclear stuff or maybe Kim Jung-un will go completely out of his little mind and direct his nuclear weapons at the Kremlin and Jack's services will somehow be needed to resolve the matter.

1 Like

Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by RayMcBlue(m): 5:30pm On Jul 16, 2014
JuanDeDios:
You make a lot of very good points.

The Jack Bauer we know would not have let the Russians take Chloe but he would, indeed, have made a plan before "going in".

But I disagree with you that a happy ending for Jack would have worked. A happy ending for Jack is what I want too but I don't see how it would have worked at this stage of the story - I always believed season 10 would end in the Russians picking up Jack. What if Jack had made a plan before going in for Chloe? He would then have escaped and gone underground - again. Remember, like I said, that he couldn't simply return to a 9-5 job in LA or become a taxi driver in London. It would have been bad scriptwriting to have him simply disappear underground again since that is the position he was at the end of the previous episode.

The day Bauer killed the Russian diplomats he had this sword of Damocles hanging over his head - he buy market. Killing a Russian minister and then pointing your gun at the Russian president is a serious thing to do. No scriptwriter would resolve that by co-opting Kate, shooting a few more Russian agents, grabbing Chloe and running off a helicopter with her. The Russians have to have him - there is no way around that. In the next episode (if there's any) they will bring him back and bring him out - maybe a Mexican drug lord and a Russian renegade soldier will go into business dealing in Russian nuclear stuff or maybe Kim Jung-un will go completely out of his little mind and direct his nuclear weapons at the Kremlin and Jack's services will somehow be needed to resolve the matter.

Not necessarily a happy ending for Jack, anything else would have sufficed rather than the bleakness of the unknown that pervaded the final scenes. It created further question marks instead of answering the previous ones.

I disagree that It would have been bad script writing to have him disappear again, in fact, it would have been genius and unexpected. Remember, in the game of survival, there are no rules. You do what you must to survive, that's the deal, and I know that Jack's experience in the hands of the Chinese had taught him that there is nothing to gain from martyrdom, only scars, trauma... and certain death. Which is all the more surprising and disappointing when he swapped himself for Chloe at the end. That was bad script writing right there.

Jack had killed his own fair share of Russians, and killing a few more wouldn't be any worse. Sword of Damocles, you say? Well, that's to be expected. When Jack gutted that Russian assassin that killed his girlfriend and very nearly killed the Russian president that was the mastermind of the whole thing, he had already made his choice that he's never gonna be a free man ever again.

For the fact he hid successfully for 4 years without coming under both the radars of United states govt and the Russian govt proved that Jack was very adept at the camouflage game. Disappearing again wouldn't have been a problem at all.

Handing himself to the Russians was a bad idea to begin with because common logic denotes that the Russians weren't gonna keep him alive. They were aware of Jack's high pain threshold, hence torturing him for information would be a waste of time. The only thing they want of Jack is retribution for all the Russians and the Russian minister he killed prior to Season 9. There wouldn't be enough time to save Jack either through diplomatic channels or stealth, I'm afraid, anything else would be bad script writing on the part of the showrunners.

That's why I think Season 10 would be a bad idea, they should have concluded season 9 properly like they were supposed to.
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by JuanDeDios: 11:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
RayMcBlue:
When Jack gutted that Russian assassin that killed his girlfriend and very nearly killed the Russian president that was the mastermind of the whole thing, he had already made his choice that he's never gonna be a free man ever again.

Exactly. This issue is hanging and needs to be resolved firmly - that is what appears to be missing from the scenarios you're painting. You can’t do resolve this issue by simply having Jack and Kate storming in there and killing a few more Russians. That’s the point I was making – that whatever plan he came up with would simply have postponed the issue and he would remain a fugitive. I agree that Russians aren’t gonna keep him alive but even that is not an insurmountable problem. You want a happy ending for Jack? You have to resolve Russia first. Firmly. And to do that, you need some serious, jaw-dropping, bone-breaking, silent clock-worthy stuff – like Jack is kidnapped, spirited to Russia in handcuffs, put on a (Russian) trial, sentenced to death, and executed. We’re later told someone rigged the execution (at least, we saw that in Sydney’s Sheldon’s The Stars Shine Down) and he gets out, changes identity and settles in Brazil or Scotland. That way, that issue is firmly resolved.

I don’t share your assessment of the scriptwriting. When you say he should have escaped and disappeared again, what you ignore is that that would leave the Russian Sword still hanging over his head.

And I don't know how you can say there'd be no time to save him through any means. It's tricky but it can be done.
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by anitank(f): 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
If there won't be a season 10, then season 9 was a complete waste of time and resources. Can't believe this is the 24 I used to watch.
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by RayMcBlue(m): 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
anitank: If there won't be a season 10, then season 9 was a complete waste of time and resources. Can't believe this is the 24 I used to watch.

My exact sentiments, Sis.
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by enomakos(m): 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2014
24 is the best
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by brilapluz(m): 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2014
anitank: If there won't be a season 10, then season 9 was a complete waste of time and resources. Can't believe this is the 24 I used to watch.
i seriously doubt it will end in season 9..too many loose ends...dey just want us to keep guessing and by the time u realise it,season 10 is already a reality.. wink..have some faith...dey know what they are doing..... smiley
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by brilapluz(m): 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2014
enomakos: 24 is the best
the very best... smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by temi4fash(m): 11:47am On Jul 18, 2014
colossus2:
I'm surprised also oh cos I believe I've seen the end of Strike Back where the terrorist (al-zuhari) was bombed together with the commander (Major Dalton) of Stonebridge's unit. And in the end they went to a bar to drink. Abi no be the end of season 5 be that?
I saw the last season in February/March
pls is strike back a very gud series... Apart from it wat oda one can u recommend dat is intelligent and breathe taking like 24
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by RayMcBlue(m): 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
temi4fash: pls is strike back a very gud series... Apart from it wat oda one can u recommend dat is intelligent and breathe taking like 24

If you want heart pumping, gut wrenching, and never ceasing action, then Strike Back is the number one TV show you'd like to check out.

Check out the list below for your viewing pleasure:
-Strike Back (Multiple award winning)
-Alias (Multiple award winning)
-Hunted (Multiple Nominations)
-The Unit (Multiple Nominations)
-The Blacklist (Brand New TV show)
-Homeland (Super Multiple award winning)
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by temi4fash(m): 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
RayMcBlue:

If you want heart pumping, gut wrenching, and never ceasing action, then Strike Back is the number one TV show you'd like to check out.

av seen a lil of blacklist and homeland.. I didn't seem to enjoy it.. But d odas m sure giving it a try.. Thanks... Any website I can downllload apart from o2tvseries
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by RayMcBlue(m): 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2014
temi4fash: av seen a lil of blacklist and homeland.. I didn't seem to enjoy it.. But d odas m sure giving it a try.. Thanks... Any website I can downllload apart from o2tvseries

I usually does most of my downloads with the Gotofiles torrent app. Not really conversant with other free downloading outlets...
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by colossus2: 4:30pm On Jul 18, 2014
temi4fash: pls is strike back a very gud series... Apart from it wat oda one can u recommend dat is intelligent and breathe taking like 24
Yea it is. You will enjoy it.
You can also see Kill Point (ends in season 1)
Iris is a lovely movie also but it's Korean and it's more like a replica of 24 (season 1 - 4)
Strike Back, Kill Point, Iris....no dull moment smiley
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by colossus2: 4:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Homeland was boring to me. Can't even move to episode 2 of season 1...maybe cos I'm not showing keen interest in it. It's just dull sha (the beginning)
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by RayMcBlue(m): 6:18pm On Jul 18, 2014
colossus2:
Homeland was boring to me. Can't even move to episode 2 of season 1...maybe cos I'm not showing keen interest in it. It's just dull sha (the beginning)

Homeland boring?? Seriously??

Homeland is one of the best TV shows out there. Multiple Award winner since debuting 3 years ago. Only 3 other shows had been able to compete with it and they were Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones and Strike Back. You need to understand the plot to truly appreciate the story.

A US marine was MIA for 5 solid years and when the wife was beginning to move on with her life, he was accidental found and promptly rescued by a US marine battalion.

He was giving a hero's homecoming by the United States Government upon setting foot on home soil. What the United States govt didn't knew was that him getting rescued wasn't really accidental at all, it was an elaborate plan set up by the terrorists that captured him. He had been turned and now allowed to go back home as a sleeper agent with a deadly mission in mind.

But standing in his way: a beautiful, brilliant and young CIA analyst with bipolar disorder who knew from the moment she laid eyes on him that Brody wasn't the Hero everyone seemed to think he was. Then the unexpected happened: she fall in love with Brody.

I love that show to pieces, one of the best shows on TV at the moment. It's so real and full of drama and intrigue and best of all, it's a political thriller.
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by Forwetinnah: 9:39pm On Jul 18, 2014
Jack is retiring. .dude is old and tired. How one man can go through so much in 24 hours beats me. Don't like how the final season ended though...The Russians might be bringing him to Nigeria to rescue the Chibok girls undecided kiss in season 10
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by RayMcBlue(m): 5:20am On Jul 19, 2014
The Original 24 TV series will most likely not be returning for the 10th season according to FOX. So don't get your hopes up.

There's a possibility of a reboot starring a younger version of Jack Bauer or a spin-off series featuring one of the Original 24's Alums as the principal character.
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by colossus2: 6:48am On Jul 19, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Homeland boring?? Seriously??

I guess I have to settle down and show keen interest in it. The 1st episode and 2nd was boring (no action) that's why I lost interest. Will start all over again
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by temi4fash(m): 7:06am On Jul 19, 2014
colossus2:
I guess I have to settle down and show keen interest in it. The 1st episode and 2nd was boring (no action) that's why I lost interest. Will start all over again
yeah me too... I tried watching it till episode 8 first season na so d thing taya me... No action... I will try it again sha.. When I av spare time...
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by RayMcBlue(m): 7:11am On Jul 19, 2014
colossus2:

Smart decision. Never judge a show by it's premiere.
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by colossus2: 2:21pm On Aug 01, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Smart decision. Never judge a show by it's premiere.
Wow!!! I'm loving Homeland. Almost done with season 2 grin

1 Like

Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by RayMcBlue(m): 2:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
colossus2:
Wow!!! I'm loving Homeland. Almost done with season 2 grin

I know you will love it once you get fully invested. smiley
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by colossus2: 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2014
temi4fash: yeah me too... I tried watching it till episode 8 first season na so d thing taya me... No action... I will try it again sha.. When I av spare time...
All that is needed is to follow the story closely. It's interesting. I took it for a boring show cos there was no much shooting grin
But you would love it. Watch it with keen interest wink
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by colossus2: 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
RayMcBlue:

I know you will love it once you get fully invested. smiley
Thanks smiley
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by RayMcBlue(m): 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2014
colossus2:
Thanks smiley

No Worries. cool
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by Eberex(m): 7:55am On Aug 06, 2014
Jack has turned into a mean brutal killer; not the same Jack we saw in the earlier seasons. He didn't even hesitate to throw the terrorist woman off the window to join her beloved son.
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by portable86(f): 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
shocked he threw that woman outta the window n het son!
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by Guykhena(m): 12:45pm On Aug 16, 2014
portable86: shocked he threw that woman outta the window n het son!

Umm we're kinda pass that now..
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by portable86(f): 1:07pm On Aug 16, 2014
Guykhena:

Umm we're kinda pass that now..
Who cares where your at? #lngsthiss#
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by Guykhena(m): 1:22pm On Aug 16, 2014
portable86:
Who cares where your at? #lngsthiss#

Ummm already done with the series,basically every one here is done,,,, and you taking us back smiley
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by portable86(f): 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2014
Guykhena:

Ummm already done with the series,basically every one here is done,,,, and you taking us back smiley
Probably cos you have enof tym on your hand,are you jobless?
Stop quoting me,and pls don bother to answer!
Re: 24, Season 9: Jack Is Back! by Guykhena(m): 2:06pm On Aug 16, 2014
portable86:
Probably cos you have enof tym on your hand,are you jobless?
Stop quoting me,and pls don bother to answer!

And yet you wonder why you still remain single,, undecided
Can't express yourself civilly,picking offence quickly,filled with hatred and wrath,
wait with the above......

Are you related to Al-Harazi shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Official Fans Thread For The Legacies / Hermes Wins BBNaija Week 7 Head Of House Challenge / The Gods Must Be Crazy Part I&II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.