Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,725 members, 7,865,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:54 AM

University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) - Education (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) (553391 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by shimmer94: 7:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
I am Bola, Unilorin fresher. pls i nid a gal to share an off campus apartment with. Pls call me if u r interested- 07084460732 or u can watsapp me if u were given history nd international studies.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by mystolad(m): 7:12pm On Sep 30, 2014
ayawori: u want make we dey spread am online ni? Senator like u. *sharpens cutlass on the floor* Make I see u for her domot.
I'm loyal sir. #bow
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by 1boylikevhis(m): 7:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
EINSTEINPG: Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The mind is our fundamental resource.
Unfortunately, we let the society define who we are, forgetting that we are naturally endowed with uncommon intellect to shape the society when the occasion arises. We gullibly take in hook, line and sinker whatever the society dictates.
I am pretty sure that prior to this defining moment you've not given any thought to Aquaculture and Fisheries as a rewarding career with limitless possibilities. Hence, the predictable hesitation lurking around your decision whether to accept it or not.
Dear bro/sis, you can never know your potentials until you venture into something outside your comfort zone.
As a matter of fact, a course such as Aquaculture/Fisheries indirectly prepares you towards self-employment if you are the business minded individual with unparalleled acumen for entrepreneurship (Most of the richest people in the world today are entrepreneurs).
Funny enough, we are now living in a world where what you study does not necessarily determine your stellar financial status in the society but a sincerity of purpose. Though, education is not the yard-stick to success because success is a natural function of destiny. But education gives us beneficial advantage to train our mind critically for better judgement.
It's not a question of how lucrative your course is, it's a question of how you market yourself that really matters. Truly valuable innovation occurs not through incremental change but by creating something out of nothing, something entirely new.That will require hard and contrarian thinking.
Honestly, successful entrepreneurs are not lucky lottery-winners, but people who have a clear vision of the future and a well-designed plan for getting there. Knowing where Facebook was heading enabled Mark Zuckerberg to dismiss Yahoo's offer to buy the social network for $1 billion in 2006. Seeing the future as random and unplanable is the curse of our age.
Generally, university graduates should be more than just employable. They should leave university with the ability to start their own business as well, regardless of their field of study. They should consider taking more classes such as Project Management, Small Business and in addition, certifications that are currently up-to-date in their industry. In the "real world" it's not all about the degree either. I think graduates should consider building their professional network while they are in school and become a part of organizations that place focus on the professional world.
Please be despondent not because you were not offered Medicine, just channel your energy into something that is much more productively innovative. And I think Aq/F is sufficient to prove to the world that not matter your field of study, you can always be counted among the successful ones.
Another Meal for lost thought kudos!,i look forward to meeting you in school Man...
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by iamxay96: 7:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
1boylikevhis: HOORAY!!! I'VE BEEN CLEARED!!!! I UPLOADED MY DOCUMENTS TODAY..AND GOT CLEARED
Are you serious?

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by ayawori(m): 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2014
mystolad: I'm loyal sir. #bow
lol u b correct person na.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by mystolad(m): 7:25pm On Sep 30, 2014
ayawori: Unilorin Hostel, its at sanrab but its nt close to d road. 75k
not close to the road is an understatement. ( e far pass heaven sef)
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by mystolad(m): 7:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
EINSTEINPG: Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The mind is our fundamental resource.
Unfortunately, we let the society define who we are, forgetting that we are naturally endowed with uncommon intellect to shape the society when the occasion arises. We gullibly take in hook, line and sinker whatever the society dictates.
I am pretty sure that prior to this defining moment you've not given any thought to Aquaculture and Fisheries as a rewarding career with limitless possibilities. Hence, the predictable hesitation lurking around your decision whether to accept it or not.
Dear bro/sis, you can never know your potentials until you venture into something outside your comfort zone.
As a matter of fact, a course such as Aquaculture/Fisheries indirectly prepares you towards self-employment if you are the business minded individual with unparalleled acumen for entrepreneurship (Most of the richest people in the world today are entrepreneurs).
Funny enough, we are now living in a world where what you study does not necessarily determine your stellar financial status in the society but a sincerity of purpose. Though, education is not the yard-stick to success because success is a natural function of destiny. But education gives us beneficial advantage to train our mind critically for better judgement.
It's not a question of how lucrative your course is, it's a question of how you market yourself that really matters. Truly valuable innovation occurs not through incremental change but by creating something out of nothing, something entirely new.That will require hard and contrarian thinking.
Honestly, successful entrepreneurs are not lucky lottery-winners, but people who have a clear vision of the future and a well-designed plan for getting there. Knowing where Facebook was heading enabled Mark Zuckerberg to dismiss Yahoo's offer to buy the social network for $1 billion in 2006. Seeing the future as random and unplanable is the curse of our age.
Generally, university graduates should be more than just employable. They should leave university with the ability to start their own business as well, regardless of their field of study. They should consider taking more classes such as Project Management, Small Business and in addition, certifications that are currently up-to-date in their industry. In the "real world" it's not all about the degree either. I think graduates should consider building their professional network while they are in school and become a part of organizations that place focus on the professional world.
Please be despondent not because you were not offered Medicine, just channel your energy into something that is much more productively innovative. And I think Aq/F is sufficient to prove to the world that not matter your field of study, you can always be counted among the successful ones.
thumbs up bro.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 7:34pm On Sep 30, 2014
jazboy: bravo cheesy,I gat to confess u are such a genius,a brother here really wish to gain from your intelligence,I applied for bus admin but offered marketing de,I really felt depressed angry but really wish it will have numerous merits at the long run,ur view and comment will be highly appreciate regardless of ur stand.
Amazing. Either way, you are comfortably in a win-win situation. They are both intellectually stimulating, and they collectively make up the backbone of any business organisation. Severe one from the other and the business world ceases to function. It doesn't matter whether you are offered marketing in lieu of Bus/Ad as both careers are filled with fantastic growth potential.
Marketing and Bus/Ad often go hand in hand. Good business managers need to know how to promote their companies and the products or services they sell. Good marketers need to know how to manage a team or to handle business transactions, such as making sale or negotiating a deal. However, marketing and Bus/Ad degrees provide distinct training paths that lead to specific career outcomes.
No matter which course you'are given, earning a bachelor's degree will qualify you for more than FIVE TIMES the number of jobs than those available to a secondary school leaver.
As a marketer the only thing that limits you from enjoying a successful career is yourself, because marketing is a challenging career that offers many opportunities that are hard to equal elsewhere. A degree in marketing offers you great depth and breadth of experience throughout your career and as a result it grants you the much needed job mobility.
I really wish you knew how extremely lucky you are. Because marketing is one of the most efficient methods of growing a business and it's primarily a creative-thinking position and the good news is: You're on the verge of embarking on a formal training for it. You can't be luckier than that.
With Marketing degree you can get almost any entry-level position, but moving up is all about proven results. No degree can prove your abilities, so take matters into your own hands, and market yourself with gusto!!!!
What else can I say? Congratulations bro, you're a lucky fellow and I envy you for that.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by ayawori(m): 7:40pm On Sep 30, 2014
mystolad: not close to the road is an understatement. ( e far pass heaven sef)
e far bt u dey come every week.lol
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 7:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
1boylikevhis: Another Meal for lost thought kudos!,i look forward to meeting you in school Man...
Thanks a lot bro. By the way, congrats on your new clearance status.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 7:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
mystolad: thumbs up bro.
Thanks bro. I appreciate that.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Niggafrosh(m): 7:44pm On Sep 30, 2014
1boylikevhis: Y'all Should Change Your portal's password as soon you're cleared...some Naughty person changed my password......thank God for email recovery....
pls what course were u cleared for? Coz its over 1month now and I've not been cleared
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by MsTIQ(m): 8:03pm On Sep 30, 2014
mistletoe619:
I've not been cleared too.
I also haven't been cleared! #TeamPatient
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Niggafrosh(m): 8:09pm On Sep 30, 2014
Pls anyone going to book for an hostel off campus nxt week should holla 08175952048 so we can pair.. Or BBM 32f569cc
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
Enano2baba: bayormayor I see you ooo.
I see you too with my dark gooble cool
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Response01(m): 8:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
rkarang and abasstoheeb
abeg u guys shud pls drop Ur watsap or bbm
contact or add me on 08143925353 or
7f5644eb.wanna share somethings with u guys.pls reply asap.tanks guys.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by LBlessing(f): 8:27pm On Sep 30, 2014
ayawori: e far bt u dey come every week.lol
Lolz... No mind am
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Idboyostic(m): 8:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
korlarday47: Av been cleared.
bro, hw far.....u dint tell me d outcome of d@ package again.....d noisy fan
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Idboyostic(m): 8:32pm On Sep 30, 2014
ayawori: gbam na so. Ay P. no loud am. lol
baba....ur boy dey Loyal oo+i dan loud am finish oo.....na moderator dem save ur life.....changed ur foul*****
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by jazboy(m): 8:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
EINSTEINPG: Amazing. Either way, you are comfortably in a win-win situation. They are both intellectually stimulating, and they collectively make up the backbone of any business organisation. Severe one from the other and the business world ceases to function. It doesn't matter whether you are offered marketing in lieu of Bus/Ad as both careers are filled with fantastic growth potential.
Marketing and Bus/Ad often go hand in hand. Good business managers need to know how to promote their companies and the products or services they sell. Good marketers need to know how to manage a team or to handle business transactions, such as making sale or negotiating a deal. However, marketing and Bus/Ad degrees provide distinct training paths that lead to specific career outcomes.
No matter which course you'are given, earning a bachelor's degree will qualify you for more than FIVE TIMES the number of jobs than those available to a secondary school leaver.
As a marketer the only thing that limits you from enjoying a successful career is yourself, because marketing is a challenging career that offers many opportunities that are hard to equal elsewhere. A degree in marketing offers you great depth and breadth of experience throughout your career and as a result it grants you the much needed job mobility.
I really wish you knew how extremely lucky you are. Because marketing is one of the most efficient methods of growing a business and it's primarily a creative-thinking position and the good news is: You're on the verge of embarking on a formal training for it. You can't be luckier than that.
With Marketing degree you can get almost any entry-level position, but moving up is all about proven results. No degree can prove your abilities, so take matters into your own hands, and market yourself with gusto!!!!
What else can I say? Congratulations bro, you're a lucky fellow and I envy you for that.
thanks a lot Bro,presently feeling on top of the world ,u are such a unique fellow,expecting u at the top.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by edaloba(m): 8:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
Yungmilio2: Khassy which course them give you and level?
Your base abj?
@ edaloba have sent it
Pls
when you are tru with the checkings
let me know
So we go sabi next levels
Regards
hav just been cleared nw. So will land at ilorin anytym 4rm nw. Thanks i will check it
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by ayawori(m): 8:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
Idboyostic: baba....ur boy dey Loyal oo+i dan loud am finish oo.....na moderator dem save ur life.....changed ur foul*****
lol I see am too. I zoom u in 3D
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by ayawori(m): 8:44pm On Sep 30, 2014
LBlessing:
Lolz... No mind am
grin no mind dem jare, u no see aw visitors dey troop in every day bt e far.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Abasstoheeb(m): 8:46pm On Sep 30, 2014
1boylikevhis: There's none Sir,I think Its being done departmentally,That's all
Tnx
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Idboyostic(m): 8:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
ayawori: lol I see am too. I zoom u in 3D
baba we go dey relate when we enter Ilorin+na u suppose lead special thanksgiving for GOODNEWS oo
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Tcourage: 8:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
Guys plz, av jst been given admission 2day via jamb syt bt yet to see anyfin on unilorin syt.......sum people said it s jst a scam....plz hw tru s dis so dat i cn knw wot to do be tym runs out? Plz answer me guys....am really scrared

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by mustydammy(f): 9:09pm On Sep 30, 2014
is there any anatomy stdt dat has been cleared here
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Harry4cas(m): 9:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
ayawori: Another
Pls is that the Unilorin male hostel pics or another hostel offcamp?

I Heard that their's free browsing n Free Wifi in da school... Arguging with ma cousin now is that true?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by ayawori(m): 9:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
Idboyostic: baba we go dey relate when we enter Ilorin+na u suppose lead special thanksgiving for GOODNEWS oo
u knw say I no fit sing na drummer I b o
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Eedowho(m): 9:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
Harry4cas: Pls is that the Unilorin male hostel pics or another hostel offcamp?

I Heard that their's free browsing n Free Wifi in da school... Arguging with ma cousin now is that true?
yeah@e-learning
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by ayawori(m): 9:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
Harry4cas: Pls is that the Unilorin male hostel pics or another hostel offcamp?

unilorin MCS hostel is off campus. there is WiFi but its nt free o. CIS students pay 5k per session to get username n password while other students use dat of lecturers dat they knw. So there is no free wifi

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by 1boylikevhis(m): 9:25pm On Sep 30, 2014
Niggafrosh: pls what course were u cleared for? Coz its over 1month now and I've not been cleared
Law,Sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (434) (Reply)

The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.