Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,102 members, 7,842,171 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) - Education (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) (551142 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Harry4cas(m): 4:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
So Nobody has been cleared today again? Nawao #SheyNaLikeThisWeGoTakeResumeOnOctober ??
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by khalidola11: 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ukalsman:
Pls wat's ur score in post utme? I applied for Computer Sci through D.E too n up till nw i've nt bin offered admission. My hope is totally on God.

54%
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by walex2bad(m): 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
Congrats bro! I can vividly remember you from last years thread...
PrinceAdepoju: This came late but, it's better than being late.wink Please, take your time and read my little story.

I've been following this thread from day 1. Infact, I was on the last year's thread.

I promised myself that my first comment here will be my admission testimony. And now, here I am, commenting my testimony. smiley

I gained admission too. After 3times of writing Jamb and post-utme(at both Unilag and Unilorin).

I was beginning to think my scores in Jamb and post-utme will be a waste like that of the previous years.
But, all thanks to God, I got my admission message early friday morning(6:33am precisely).

The lesson is, be patient as you work hard. Your time will never go pass you. It will come. Trust me, your time will come!!

I have a friend in Unilorin. We finished together at the same secondary school, now, he's in 300level. And I just gained admission. So? That was his time, now it's my time!

So many friends of mine are students of OAU, UniOsun etc. I didn't die cos of that.
Though, the worry will come. That feeling of being inferior will come.
But, trust me, you will overcome!!

You are not admitted this year, doesn't mean you will never go to a University.
I got double admission this year.(Unilorin and Mapoly) And I didn't know the smallest ant in both institution!

You can imagine me reading a week to my Jamb exam and I had 254. Why? 'Cos it is my time!!
Like seriously, I can't remember preparing fervently or reading for my post-utme and I had a 76%

I'm not telling you not to read. I'm telling that, when your time comes, you need not to stress yourself. Everything will be at ease. Yes, I mean very easy!!

Don't fret. Don't worry. Don't be down. Don't hate yourself. Don't feel inferior.

Instead, buckle down and do something to keep you busy. I learnt graphics and designs during my waiting. Keep yourself busy too.

There's something you don't have, that God wants you to take along with you. Is it maturity or experience? Until you get that, you're going no where.

Your time is near. Be calm and patient! And Patience is not the ability to wait, but what you do while waiting!!

Wait for your time, dear!!

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by wheesin(m): 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: @Wheesin and Prettysheila, you've got a new coursemate ooo

Have you guys been cleared?

No Prince.. Can u get urz cleared on time with ur position... since you are from a royal family grin
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by mystolad(m): 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: tags:
LBlessing (she was really a blessing to me on the last year thread. I appreciate you, my Senior Blessinggrin)
Mystolad
Dygeasy
Choose4me
SeyiKp
Alhassan1
Crowther15

and my other seniorsgrin
I doff my hat ooocheesy

On behalf of Communication and Information Sciences Students, I hereby welcome you to Communication and Information Sciences Students' Association, where everybody is somebody.

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by wheesin(m): 4:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
I heard the mass comm association is called MACOSA... MASS COMMUNICATION STUDENTS ASSOCIATION..so funny.. sounds like MAKOSSA to me

awilo logomba grin
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by ayokunlei(m): 5:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
Wizdray: I scored 215 sir

being a remedial student with a pass in ur remedial exam and a gud jamb score, you will surely be admitted.
You dont have any problem regarding admission.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by ayokunlei(m): 5:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hardheolar:

same here dude.. am just tired and fed up. no exam for remz,, dey just pick... Gosh..........

Bro, when its ur time,you will surely get the admission... Keep hoping in God and do ur Homework well.
All the best!
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by tunzkid(m): 5:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
Good day everyone...pls I'm ä DE student..I have all ᵐʸ credential intact only that I'm not with ᵐʸ Original DE result but I have the photocopy which I intend using..Dunno if it gonna hinder ᵐε from been cleared..Pls need urgent replies..Thanks
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by tunzkid(m): 5:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
Good day everyone...pls I'm ä DE student..I have all ᵐʸ credential intact only that I'm not with ᵐʸ Original DE result but I have the photocopy which I intend using..Dunno if it gonna hinder ᵐε from been cleared..Pls need urgent replies..Thanks
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by ayokunlei(m): 5:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hardheolar:

same here dude.. am just sick nd tired. no examination conducted, dey just select.. Gosh...

when its ur time, you will surely get the admission.
Keep hoping in God and do ur homework well.
All the best!
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by alphalpha(m): 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
anything like a non digital list of admitted students?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
Dygeasy: hahaha

grin

Funny guy. Have you been cleared?
I've not been cleared oo. It will be a week tomorrow.
Do I need to worry?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by mistletoe619(m): 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: This came late but, it's better than being late.wink Please, take your time and read my little story.

I've been following this thread from day 1. Infact, I was on the last year's thread.

I promised myself that my first comment here will be my admission testimony. And now, here I am, commenting my testimony. smiley

I gained admission too. After 3times of writing Jamb and post-utme(at both Unilag and Unilorin).

I was beginning to think my scores in Jamb and post-utme will be a waste like that of the previous years.
But, all thanks to God, I got my admission message early friday morning(6:33am precisely).

The lesson is, be patient as you work hard. Your time will never go pass you. It will come. Trust me, your time will come!!

I have a friend in Unilorin. We finished together at the same secondary school, now, he's in 300level. And I just gained admission. So? That was his time, now it's my time!

So many friends of mine are students of OAU, UniOsun etc. I didn't die cos of that.
Though, the worry will come. That feeling of being inferior will come.
But, trust me, you will overcome!!

You are not admitted this year, doesn't mean you will never go to a University.
I got double admission this year.(Unilorin and Mapoly) And I didn't know the smallest ant in both institution!

You can imagine me reading a week to my Jamb exam and I had 254. Why? 'Cos it is my time!!
Like seriously, I can't remember preparing fervently or reading for my post-utme and I had a 76%

I'm not telling you not to read. I'm telling that, when your time comes, you need not to stress yourself. Everything will be at ease. Yes, I mean very easy!!

Don't fret. Don't worry. Don't be down. Don't hate yourself. Don't feel inferior.

Instead, buckle down and do something to keep you busy. I learnt graphics and designs during my waiting. Keep yourself busy too.

There's something you don't have, that God wants you to take along with you. Is it maturity or experience? Until you get that, you're going no where.

Your time is near. Be calm and patient! And Patience is not the ability to wait, but what you do while waiting!!

Wait for your time, dear!!
On point
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Torilo(f): 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
hackhim: @rkarang the "totorial' master I hail ooo, hope 2 see u in BBF n u guys try n make frnds wit him rather than fighting over @torilo n other NL chicks. #nohomo
@ hackim, Nobody is fighting over me ooooooooooooo
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Torilo(f): 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
khassy:

#grabs a sit
Oya tell me hu and hu d fight over my iya number 22? @torilo

How come am iya number 22? Khassy
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 6:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
Torilo:

Congratulations! PrinceAdepoju, I'm happy for you.
Thanks a lot, dear. I've sighted you plentilygrin here.

What's up with you?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by prettysheila(f): 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: @Wheesin and Prettysheila, you've got a new coursemate ooo

Have you guys been cleared?
Not at all bro.u welcome to our department
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
walex2bad: Congrats bro! I can vividly remember you from last years thread...
Seeing your quote reminded me of you, bro.
I really appreciate this. cheesy

Are you a senior already?wink
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by prettysheila(f): 6:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
wheesin: I heard the mass comm association is called MACOSA... MASS COMMUNICATION STUDENTS ASSOCIATION..so funny.. sounds like MAKOSSA to me

awilo logomba grin
It's AMACOSA
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 6:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
wheesin:

No Prince.. Can u get urz cleared on time with ur position... since you are from a royal family grin
That is not a problem, bro. Only a phone call will dogrin

I look forward to receiving lectures with you, brosmiley
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 6:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
mystolad:

On behalf of Communication and Information Sciences Students, I hereby welcome you to Communication and Information Sciences Students' Association, where everybody is somebody.

hehe, is this how you welcome a freshershocked
I'd expected something more fantabulous like hugs, ebola-free handshakes, presentation of gifts, etcgrin

Thanks bro. I'm proud to be a new member of CISSA.cheesy
I also look forward to becoming a Somebody like you guys.

I really appreciate this humble welcome.smiley
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Vikky014(f): 6:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
Pascalbaba:

Waoh! So great! Congratulations once again....

Unilorin there's God oooooo....with 76% no admission yet hmmmm #GodDey
stop buying 2 jamb de forms u wunt b considerd for admission bc of dat.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Abasstoheeb(m): 6:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
@prince Adepoju,i tink hve seen dis man on 1 important thread b4...Anyway i tnk God 4 u and Welcom to BBF
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Abasstoheeb(m): 6:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hpe d clearance wud stat after Sallah sha
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 6:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
wheesin: I heard the mass comm association is called MACOSA... MASS COMMUNICATION STUDENTS ASSOCIATION..so funny.. sounds like MAKOSSA to me

awilo logomba grin
Very funny. Na to dey dance makossa niyen ooo.grin
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 6:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
mistletoe619:
On point
thanks bro.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 6:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
prettysheila: Not at all bro.u welcome to our department
I've always been tempted to reply you....those times you were worried on being the only admitted masscommite.

I believe we will be cleared soon. Thanks, sister.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 6:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
bethedoski:
boss, i really can't understand why u went on E-strike this past days. Your words are so soothing. It almost quenched my fury for this covetous institution. But i could use a little advice from u. I applied for medicine, 'OVERMET' all the requirements but ended up bagging physiology. Your main point in advicing others in similar situations is the job opportunities inherent in such a course. But quite unfortunately physiology lacks just that both in Nigeria and overseas. Physiologists are as good as non-existent in the world now. I knw u are blessed to have the best advice for the toughest predicament so i dearly NEED ur advice on this issue. THANKS In Anticipation Sir!!!
"The physiology of today is the medicine of tomorrow": Ernest H. Starling, physiologist (1926).
Human physiology is the science of the mechanical, physical, and biochemical function of humans, and serves as foundation of modern medicine. As a discipline, it connects science, medicine, and health, and creates a framework for understanding how the human body adapts to stresses, physical activity, and disease.
Human physiology is closely related to anatomy, in that anatomy is the study of form, physiology is the study of function, and there is an intrinsic link between form and function.
The study of human physiology integrates knowledge across many levels, including biochemistry, cell physiology, organ systems, and the body as a whole.
Contemporary research in human physiology explores new ways to maintain or improve the quality of life, development of new medical therapies and interventions, and charting the unanswered questions about how the human body works.
Well, we all have eyes but we perceptively see differently. Physiology is such a special field on its own and some brilliant minds have won Nobel prizes in this distinguished field of study (interestingly, the designation for Nobel Prize in life sciences is "The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine"wink.
To be honest with you brother, no degree can prove your unique abilities or determine your financial outlook in this innovation-driven society. As it stands now, you don't need to be consumed by the perceived lack of job prospects for physio graduates. Just condition yourself to be proactive through the development of highly marketable skills while you're still in school by exploring the wide range of options available to physio graduates.
I must confess to you that I am a bit uncomfortable with your bleak view of the future for physiologists. Jobs will always be there for the truly unique ones no matter what, all that's required of you is to just imbue yourself with a desire for unadulterated passion, zeal, enthusiasm, doggedness and consistency at whatever field of study you find yourself. And I think with these quality attributes, you will rise to the top of your field (though, nothing surpasses the realization of one's dreams. But sometimes, we just have to be receptive to what fate recommends. After all, man proposes while God disposes).
Just for the record, the Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine has been awarded 104 times to 204 Nobel Laureates between 1901 and 2013. But Nigeria does not have a representative among these unique set of individuals. Wouldn't you relish the prospect of being the first Nigerian to be awarded Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine?
I have no doubt that you will stay in the field of academic physiology by making significant contributions to the field.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 6:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
prettysheila: It's AMACOSA
Association of Mass Communication Students? undecided
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
Abasstoheeb: @prince Adepoju,i tink hve seen dis man on 1 important thread b4...Anyway i tnk God 4 u and Welcom to BBF
Perhaps on one of my topics that made frontpage. Or probably last year's thread.

Thanks, bro.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Haben1: 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
Abeg oooO, they don dey clear Biochem student??

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (434) (Reply)

The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.