Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) - Education (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) (549282 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by maryamoke: 3:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
Kk.i want to go for engineering
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by horlawaleh001(m): 3:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
korlarday47:
Pls someone should help me post the link to check d school fees for this section. Thanks.

http://uilugportal.unilorin.edu.ng/charges.php
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Idboyostic(m): 3:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
kallymore:

Boss did 4yrs jawre, came in through D.E. Once again so happy u're here am 100% sure that these great peeps are under the watch of a Great man.
Thought as much..... Too bad we didn't get to meet.....but know you owe me a black and white babe sha wink.... We will surely get to see b4 22nd faa+so na law skl sure pass nw?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by SetrakusRa(m): 3:57pm On Oct 06, 2014
1boylikevhis:
I'm Afraid Its The Legit One Bro,People Complained on their Facebook Fanpage too,People who Purchased the Paperback Version ..But,Eehe.Sam Goode Having loric Powers? Six aff Enter..Lol

Lol.. seems Lorien is already on Earth.. when's the next release?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by kallymore(m): 4:08pm On Oct 06, 2014
Idboyostic:
Thought as much..... Too bad we didn't get to meet.....but know you owe me a black and white babe sha wink.... We will surely get to see b4 22nd faa+so na law skl sure pass nw?

Yeah bro, law school sure pass
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by 1boylikevhis(m): 4:10pm On Oct 06, 2014
SetrakusRa:

Lol.. seems Lorien is already on Earth.. when's the next release?
No Clue oh,I just hope it doesn't take long, it should be announced soon sha..
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by 1boylikevhis(m): 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
deedrizzie:
cleared fr what course please?
Common law
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by 1boylikevhis(m): 4:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
Oga Kallymore,You go fit yarn some tips bouh that Law sef?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2014
Pls is unilorin political science students currently on holiday?? urgent reply pls!
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
OH ALLAH! Let me recieve admission alert frm unilorin this week and every other aspirant in the house.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by SetrakusRa(m): 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2014
1boylikevhis:
No Clue oh,I just hope it doesn't take long, it should be announced soon sha..

Aiit! ....still anticipating...
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Yungmilio2(m): 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
lukmonadeola:
OH ALLAH! Let me recieve admission alert frm unilorin this week and every other aspirant in the house.
Let me help you say Ameen
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Yungmilio2(m): 4:53pm On Oct 06, 2014
Kallymore. Idboyostic. Ayawori.
Great to have you guys on this thread
Fresh Grads » My source of Inspiration
Regards

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Abasstoheeb(m): 5:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
Isaolamide hw far,wat do u hrd abt d upcomin list
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by korlarday47(m): 5:32pm On Oct 06, 2014
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Isaolamide: 5:45pm On Oct 06, 2014
Abasstoheeb:
Isaolamide hw far,wat do u hrd abt d upcomin list
i heard another list will be out this week also but dont know how true is the news.concerning mine,it still remain the thing i told you,and from what i read on unilorin website,the upcoming one will be 2nd batch.check this news out.
uilugportal.unilorin.edu.ng/news_faqs.php?id=news&m=s&news_id=19
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
Yungmilio2:

Let me help you say Ameen
bro youngmilio thanks.i nid ur reply the new courses both IRPM AND PUBLIC ADMIN are not included in this session current charges.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Yungmilio2(m): 6:24pm On Oct 06, 2014
lukmonadeola:
bro youngmilio thanks.i nid ur reply the new courses both IRPM AND PUBLIC ADMIN are not included in this session current charges.
honestly I gat no idea on that
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 7:09pm On Oct 06, 2014
Harry4cas:

Thanks bro. Lemmi start by saying that ididnt even know any one of the above names u mentioned but i do know steve jobs n zukeberg......

Guess i needed to hear this long ago. As a matter of fact, i just like computer science not because i can do programming and all that but i just like it.

One of my lecturer once called me and asked me why i want to study INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY in Unilorin since i said i want to be like Mike Adenuga ( Globacom Owner) and i told him that i just love ICT then My lecturer then advised me to do Statistics since i said that i want to own a telecomm company and also since am Exceptionaly Very Good in Economics that it'll be good for me ( Note: I'm A Science Student and i love Econs. Econs n phy are ma best subject ) and after doing stats that i should then go n get my Msc in Information Technology.

Guess the coincedence turns out to be what he all advised me but i didnt just see it coming. Still dont av clue bout what Statistics

Now This Is My Questions

1. Where can someone that studied statistics work?

2. Is the course marketable in Nigeria?

3. DuckDuckGo (DDG) can i get the link to the site as u reffered to it before on ya post. THANKS AGAIN
First of all, Computer Science is not the same thing as ICT. ICT to CS can be likened to what Paramedicine is, to conventional Medicine.
As a matter of fact, starting from last month the implementation of the disapplication of ICT as a course of study in the British national curriculum is now in full operation.
Under the new national curriculum, ICT has been dumped in favour of computing, and the teaching of word processing too has been dropped in favour of allowing five-year-olds to create and test their own computer programs. This is because the information communications tech course was seen as dated. Therefore, new syllabus to include teaching of programming and creation and retrieval of digital data. Internet safety to be taught from age of five.
Also, primary pupils will be taught about evolution for the first time, and secondary students will be taught technology-based programme that includes 3-D printers in secondary classrooms (I doubt if any Nigerian Uni has 3-D printer ), while primary school pupils will design and test structures and circuits.
Hmmmm---what a curriculum.
Away from digression, since the business tycoon is your source of inspiration, then i guess where to work as a statistician in Nigeria shouldn't be your problem. But how to develop business shrewdness and a sound faculty for innovation. Because I personally think that it will be an outright misplacement of priority, if you're envisioning yourself as the next Adenuga, and yet you're cogitating and absorbing skills that will only make you a good employee to your future employers.
In the same vein, Am sorry to say that I have a divergent opinion as regards your lecturer's piece of advice on doing Msc in ICT. If you truly have a strong inclination for business, I suggest MBA should be your next port of call after first degree. Because the advantages of MBA are manifold; racing it onto the top slot of the most opted for degree program in the world. Some of the main benefits of MBA are highlighted below:
* Managerial skills.
* Developing Business Expertise.
* Competitive Advantage.
* Career Advancement.
* Job Security.
* Business connections and Networking.
* Starting your own business.
And interestingly, this is the route your role model took and this is only way one can explain His business sagacity and prowess.
Oh yes, statistical skills are marketable in Nigeria, almost all ministries in Nigeria, both FED and STATE are your potential employers. And don't forget that the ever explosive capital market cannot do without statisticians.
As a statistician you would be:
* Analyzing consumer demand for products and services (at a consumer marketing firm, corporation, or consulting firm).
* Designing studies for and analyzing data from agricultural experiments to increase productivity and yield (agribusiness).
* Designing and analyzing studies to determine if new drugs and medical services are safe and effective (pharmaceutical companies, or Food and Drug Administration).
Even the yet to be visited by the wrath of GOD (Boko Haram) too, needs statisticians to calc, estimate and project the supply and distribution of ammunition left in its arsenal of weapons before nemesis catches up with it.
In essence, a degree in statistics offers you a number of opportunities and you just have to be smart enough to take them.
Concerning DDG, i think a cool Nlander has posted the link and thanks to @Ahmadjr for that.
P.S: DDG was created and launched on 25th of September, 2008 by Gabriel Weinberg using the Perl programming language.
And some of DDG's source code is free software distributed at Github under the perl 5 license.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 7:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
Abasstoheeb:
SIR,wich state ar u 4rm?
Am from Kwara state sir.
It's been a while bro.
Hope all is well?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 7:16pm On Oct 06, 2014
BBFM:

Prof., u're from which State of the Federation?
My Oga, I be confam Kwara boy o.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2014
wheesin:

am still hear...yungchop is just using d few moments i gave to him to shine...it will soon be over.

Whats with the pidgin english today..are u high or something ? grin
Nope, I was just having fun.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Iamshakur(m): 7:19pm On Oct 06, 2014
EINSTEINPG:
First of all, Computer Science is not the same thing as ICT. ICT to CS can be likened to what Paramedicine is, to conventional Medicine.
As a matter of fact, starting from last month the implementation of the disapplication of ICT as a course of study in the British national curriculum is now in full operation.
Under the new national curriculum, ICT has been dumped in favour of computing, and the teaching of word processing too has been dropped in favour of allowing five-year-olds to create and test their own computer programs. This is because the information communications tech course was seen as dated. Therefore, new syllabus to include teaching of programming and creation and retrieval of digital data. Internet safety to be taught from age of five.
Also, primary pupils will be taught about evolution for the first time, and secondary students will be taught technology-based programme that includes 3-D printers in secondary classrooms (I doubt if any Nigerian Uni has 3-D printer ), while primary school pupils will design and test structures and circuits.
Hmmmm---what a curriculum.
Away from digression, since the business tycoon is your source of inspiration, then i guess where to work as a statistician in Nigeria shouldn't be your problem. But how to develop business shrewdness and a sound faculty for innovation. Because I personally think that it will be an outright misplacement of priority, if you're envisioning yourself as the next Adenuga, and yet you're cogitating and absorbing skills that will only make you a good employee to your future employers.
In the same vein, Am sorry to say that I have a divergent opinion as regards your lecturer's piece of advice on doing Msc in ICT. If you truly have a strong inclination for business, I suggest MBA should be your next port of call after first degree. Because the advantages of MBA are manifold; racing it onto the top slot of the most opted for degree program in the world. Some of the main benefits of MBA are highlighted below:
* Managerial skills.
* Developing Business Expertise.
* Competitive Advantage.
* Career Advancement.
* Job Security.
* Business connections and Networking.
* Starting your own business.
And interestingly, this is the route your role model took and this is only way one can explain His business sagacity and prowess.
Oh yes, statistical skills are marketable in Nigeria, almost all ministries in Nigeria, both FED and STATE are your potential employers. And don't forget that the ever explosive capital market cannot do without statisticians.
As a statistician you would be:
* Analyzing consumer demand for products and services (at a consumer marketing firm, corporation, or consulting firm).
* Designing studies for and analyzing data from agricultural experiments to increase productivity and yield (agribusiness).
* Designing and analyzing studies to determine if new drugs and medical services are safe and effective (pharmaceutical companies, or Food and Drug Administration).
Even the yet to be visited by the wrath of GOD (Boko Haram) too, needs statisticians to calc, estimate and project the supply and distribution of ammunition left in its arsenal of weapons before nemesis catches up with it.
In essence, a degree in statistics offers you a number of opportunities and you just have to be smart enough to take them.
Concerning DDG, i think a cool Nlander has posted the link and thanks to @Ahmadjr for that.
P.S: DDG was created and launched on 25th of September, 2008 by Gabriel Weinberg using the Perl programming language.
And some of DDG's source code is free software distributed at Github under the perl 5 license.

You type like a robot #nooffense
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 7:19pm On Oct 06, 2014
killercute16:
abeg pass me dat ogogoro,or if you get origin make i clear my eye well.
Come on, you're a funny dude.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 7:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
Iamshakur:

You type like a robot #nooffense
You're entitled to your opinion.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 7:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
1boylikevhis:
Who are you and what do you want with EISTEINPG 'S account,lol
Joking..Oga Mi.,.Emi O Mo Pe e Jasi Naa....Anyhow shaa...I have taken a mental note to not enter Corner with you,Sir..Lol..Happy EiD-
No 0, am not like that o.
I just felt like catching fun yesterday and you guys really made my day.
Thanks to everyone that made me laugh.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by ayawori(m): 7:31pm On Oct 06, 2014
Yungmilio2:
Kallymore. Idboyostic. Ayawori.
Great to have you guys on this thread
Fresh Grads » My source of Inspiration
Regards
. I sight u bro. thanks

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 7:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
@ayokunlei, thanks for being there for us
when those nitwits ( scammers) appear to dupe us
all in the name of admission.
I think your prompt responses to their dubious claims have kept us on our toes.
For that I personally owe you a lot.
Once again, thanks.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by tybobo75(m): 7:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
1boylikevhis:
Common law
DE or UTME, I'm a utme student but not cleared yet, drop ur digits bro, this is mine 08102991295
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 7:52pm On Oct 06, 2014
tobishills12:
EINSTEINPG.... i will really appreciate if you wont mind sharing with me the hidden prospect of political science as a course...i really wish you will explain to me in details (as long as you can type) without the fear of anybody......
On a second thought, I think there is a guy on this thread who goes by the moniker, Evern.
He is politically gifted and political terms roll out of his head spontaneously.
I think with his revolutionary ideas in politics he can underpin the hidden treasure lurking in political science.
In the meantime, you can check the link below for an overview of some of the goodies heralded by political science.
https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.ngcareers.com%2F637%2Fjob-prospects-and-opportunities-for-political-science-graduates-in-nigeria%2F&ei=2eMyVLHQFczgapzIgqgM&usg=AFQjCNH0hkswQX6pHn19Lu1NxA0wBkBB-w&bvm=bv.76802529,d.d2s
Stay blessed.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by alphalpha(m): 7:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
ekanso
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by tbabstobadt(m): 8:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
.wen U dae ball Ilorin?

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (434) (Reply)

The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.