Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (917864 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by lasignor(m): 1:58pm On Jun 11, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

will send a link soon

Patiently waiting Boss
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by r4blessing: 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
Hello

Please I need estimates for the following parts for corolla 05:

1. set of front bearing
2. Lower arm bushings
3. Linkage set
4. front brake pads
5. Stab bushings
6. 1 shock absorber
7. back engine seating
8. Gear seating

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ayanfeeledumare: 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
GAZZUZZ, please i will need a good portable scanner too.
Thanks

GAZZUZZ:

will send a link soon

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by magikalz(m): 9:45pm On Jun 12, 2019
Guninerma231:
@Gazzuz and everyone, I have an issue with my car. My car battery runs down and doesn't charge properly. I have taken it for checks with the rewire vendor and he assured me that the alternator is working fine after he ran a few manual checks on it.. He suggested the battery might be bad so I replaced the battery last week, however the battery is down already. Kick starter had an issue and I replaced it already. What could be the issue please.

Hello bro. I'm having the same issue. Have you sorted it out?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 3Tsss: 4:38am On Jun 13, 2019
Pls can anyone give advice to a young woman intending on getting Honda element ...does it develop any difficult issues
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 10:11am On Jun 13, 2019
3Tsss:
Pls can anyone give advice to a young woman intending on getting Honda element ...does it develop any difficult issues

She is making a good choice... I will advice young ladies to go for 3 cars..1 Matrix 2. Honda Element 3.Honda Civic.. The Element is cheap and will serve also when you need to move stuffs. the back seat is for 2 against normal 3 in other cars... But you will have peace of mind from the thieves removing parts from Corolla and Matrix.... Let the person get a well inspected Element by a competent Mechanic and also follow the Manufacturers laid down rules about the oils and parts

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 7:41pm On Jun 13, 2019
Hi House,
I scanned my car today and my TP Sensor showed 12.9% on idle. Does this mean that this sensor is faulty because i read online that it shouldn't be more than 5% at idle.
Car is Hyundai Elantra 2008.
PS. I get rough idling at startup for about 20 seconds then engine stabilizes.
Oga gazzuzz nurey pls help.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Olusheyi1(m): 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2019
Check out the info on this signature/profile. You may need it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kennen: 9:33pm On Jun 15, 2019
For those who need a great and a professional bulk email sender, we offer massmailsofteare which makes bulk email sending, validates and verifies emails, extracts emails from any websites, even from those which need passwords and also checks the country of the email. So contact us
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by cumlord(m): 10:42pm On Jun 15, 2019
Please help... I have a Honda accord 99 but I keep experiencing oil shortage. My mechanic checked for leaks and said he fixed but I'm still experiencing the oil leaks. What could be d cause cos the car doesn't smoke?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:55am On Jun 16, 2019
cumlord:
Please help... I have a Honda accord 99 but I keep experiencing oil shortage. My mechanic checked for leaks and said he fixed but I'm still experiencing the oil leaks. What could be d cause cos the car doesn't smoke?

It's a 20year old car, rebuild the engine
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Pweezy(m): 6:23pm On Jun 16, 2019
@GAZZUZZ

Pls i just got a tokunbo camry 2007. I intend to run the servicing and will like to know the best oil to be used and also othe maintenance tips for the car. Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:35pm On Jun 16, 2019
Pweezy:
@GAZZUZZ

Pls i just got a tokunbo camry 2007. I intend to run the servicing and will like to know the best oil to be used and also othe maintenance tips for the car. Thank you.

engine type/size? true Mileage?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 735i(m): 1:12pm On Jun 17, 2019
Hi Gazz

Recently got a 2015 accord and it has 0w-20 as it recommended engine oil.

However, i have been unable to locate this oil in all major filling stations in Lagos. Can i use an alternative? If yes, which one?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Pweezy(m): 6:28pm On Jun 17, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

engine type/size? true Mileage?

Engine is V4, mileage is about 163,245
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by cumlord(m): 6:47pm On Jun 17, 2019
Hello everyone... I recently got a Honda baby boy and used total quartz 5000 only to notice dat it's not the recommended oil variant.... Please where can I get the recommended one and which brand would you advice I go for... Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by haykay2005: 8:04pm On Jun 17, 2019
Hello guys, if gazzuz is busy in lagos, which other reliable mechanic can one work with. Getting appointment with gazzuz is another mountain to climb. I just called him now and he is busy all tru this week. Can't wait till next week to sort my car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:18pm On Jun 17, 2019
735i:
Hi Gazz

Recently got a 2015 accord and it has 0w-20 as it recommended engine oil.

However, i have been unable to locate this oil in all major filling stations in Lagos. Can i use an alternative? If yes, which one?

I sell 0w20, check the store.
https://www.nairaland.com/5210120/gazzuzz-autos-part-store

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
Pweezy:

Engine is V4, mileage is about 163,245

Mileage is high, please use 0w40 or 5w40 to minimise oil burn.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
cumlord:
Hello everyone... I recently got a Honda baby boy and used total quartz 5000 only to notice dat it's not the recommended oil variant.... Please where can I get the recommended one and which brand would you advice I go for... Thank you

did you buy a toks vehicle? Is the engine sludge free?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by haykay2005: 11:07pm On Jun 17, 2019
Help me beg gazzuz to give me audience ooo. It's only him I want to touch my car. I will rather wait till I get appointment but the earlier the better for me
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by cumlord(m): 2:50am On Jun 18, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

No I boght it Nigerian used and dere is a small amount of sludge
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Pweezy(m): 5:50am On Jun 18, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Many thanks

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Pweezy(m): 5:51am On Jun 18, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Pls can i see a sample of the oil and also can i get from you?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by henrygale(m): 12:26pm On Jun 18, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Pls gazzus, I just got a tokunbo Toyota Corolla 2009 with 75k Milleage....real millage coz I got the car myself from America.
I noticed a clinking/grinding sound on starting the car whenever it is cool or not used for some hours.
The sounds lasts about a few seconds and disappears and does not come up if the car is started again immediately. But when the car rests a lil about 30mins to 1hr, it appears again on starting the car.
What could be the problem pls?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Guninerma231: 12:01am On Jun 19, 2019
magikalz:

Hello bro. WI'm having the same issue. Have you sorted it out?

Not yet. But the engineer said it's a bad alternator
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:01am On Jun 19, 2019
henrygale:

Pls gazzus, I just got a tokunbo Toyota Corolla 2009 with 75k Milleage....real millage coz I got the car myself from America.
I noticed a clinking/grinding sound on starting the car whenever it is cool or not used for some hours.
The sounds lasts about a few seconds and disappears and does not come up if the car is started again immediately. But when the car rests a lil about 30mins to 1hr, it appears again on starting the car.
What could be the problem pls?

Failed VTC actuator. Replace VTC actuator on intake side.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:02am On Jun 19, 2019
cumlord:

No I boght it Nigerian used and dere is a small amount of sludge

20w50 or 15w50 total.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:03am On Jun 19, 2019
haykay2005:
Help me beg gazzuz to give me audience ooo. It's only him I want to touch my car. I will rather wait till I get appointment but the earlier the better for me
haykay2005:
Hello guys, if gazzuz is busy in lagos, which other reliable mechanic can one work with. Getting appointment with gazzuz is another mountain to climb. I just called him now and he is busy all tru this week. Can't wait till next week to sort my car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by penger: 6:55am On Jun 19, 2019
I recently noticed some sound when shifting gear in my Toyota Camry 2009 and also becomes a little hard, I went to my mechanic to check it he said I need to top the ATF.
Will it be advisable to top it or just to drain everything out and fill it with new ATF
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by henrygale(m): 7:05am On Jun 19, 2019
Could it be the vtc actuator as the car didn't show any check engine light? Asking coz I learnt that the vtc actuator is a sensor like stuff, I located it, just afraid if tampering with it especially when it didn't display a check engine light wch could come up from a bad sensor.
GAZZUZZ:

Failed VTC actuator. Replace VTC actuator on intake side.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:15am On Jun 19, 2019
henrygale:
Could it be the vtc actuator as the car didn't show any check engine light? Asking coz I learnt that the vtc actuator is a sensor like stuff, I located it, just afraid if tampering with it especially when it didn't display a check engine light wch could come up from a bad sensor.

It looses oil pressure when parked. It will not throw a code.

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.