Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,659 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (915640 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by PrincewithGod(m): 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2019
Oga Gazzuzz, good day sir. Please, I want to know if it is ok to use those injector cleaners they sell at the filling stations. Do they have any negative effects on engines? Thanks a lot.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:23pm On Aug 09, 2019
PrincewithGod:
Oga Gazzuzz, good day sir. Please, I want to know if it is ok to use those injector cleaners they sell at the filling stations. Do they have any negative effects on engines ? Thanks a lot.

here is my take on injector cleaners.

Injectors carry a strainer at the entry point of fuel. They have a sieve that keeps contaminants out of the injector. My problem is can the cleaners dissolve sand and mud?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Cwest77: 2:30pm On Aug 10, 2019
Helloo Gazzus,
Please I have a Toyota camry 2009 and I keep hearing a sound like a plastic hitting on a metal from the driver side.The first mechanic said it's the hub and we changed the hub and the noise is still there. He said he didn't know what the problem could be again. Now,I hear another cracking noise when I'm turning and a second mechanic said it's the shafts. We have since changed the shaft head/cup and the noise at turning has stopped. However, the initial noise sounding like a plastic and metal hitting each other resumed with a higher resonance. The noise is always heard between 60-80km/hr and on a very smooth road. Now, the 2nd mechanic says it's the shaft part connecting the gear box. He said the "bevel" needs to be changed and with that they have to bring down the gear for that. Please advise.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:30pm On Aug 10, 2019
Cwest77:
Helloo Gazzus,
Please I have a Toyota camry 2009 and I keep hearing a sound like a plastic hitting on a metal from the driver side.The first mechanic said it's the hub and we changed the hub and the noise is still there. He said he didn't know what the problem could be again. Now,I hear another cracking noise when I'm turning and a second mechanic said it's the shafts. We have since changed the shaft head/cup and the noise at turning has stopped. However, the initial noise sounding like a plastic and metal hitting each other resumed with a higher resonance. The noise is always heard between 60-80km/hr and on a very smooth road. Now, the 2nd mechanic says it's the shaft part connecting the gear box. He said the "bevel" needs to be changed and with that they have to bring down the gear for that. Please advise.

sadly problems like this cannot be tackled remotely. You will need to change your current technician as this one has given up on you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by babasewen(m): 8:09am On Aug 11, 2019
Mr Gazzuzz, please advise me. How come my Toyota Camry 03 goes off whenever it passes through pools of water?

I don't trust this village mechanics, I've never repaired anything on it before
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:22am On Aug 11, 2019
babasewen:
Mr Gazzuzz, please advise me. How come my Toyota Camry 03 goes off whenever it passes through pools of water?

I don't trust this village mechanics, I've never repaired anything on it before

this one hard small o. Kindly explain further
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by babasewen(m): 9:17am On Aug 11, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

this one hard small o. Kindly explain further

Some seconds after passing through a pool of water, it will just go off. It went off about 10times one day during a very heavy rain while returning home. Now I'm scared of travelling with the car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:36am On Aug 11, 2019
babasewen:

Some seconds after passing through a pool of water, it will just go off. It went off about 10times one day during a very heavy rain while returning home. Now I'm scared of travelling with the car

check the wiring of the crank and camshaft position sensors, ensure they are not exposed. Also check the serpentine belt, ensure it is taught , next confirm your rpm is at 750-800 @ idle
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by cumlord(m): 2:03pm On Aug 11, 2019
Good day everyone. Please I need your advice on a good alternative atf for my Honda accord 94. I can't find original or good Honda Aft and I was advised against using Oando. Please kindly give me advice. Thanks for your help
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 5:26pm On Aug 11, 2019
cumlord:
Good day everyone. Please I need your advice on a good alternative atf for my Honda accord 94. I can't find original or good Honda Aft and I was advised against using Oando. Please kindly give me advice. Thanks for your help
Look for lovinhubby on this forum, he has it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by damiflo(m): 7:11pm On Aug 11, 2019
Gurus in the house, Good afternoon

Please my Honda accord 2008 V6 struggles to start in the morning. It starts once but the first starting in the morning, the engine always struggle to reach 1000rpm. Like its going to turn off again. After that it starts normally again unless I pack it for long hours. I don't know if what I said made sense......

Please What should I do?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by babasewen(m): 11:05pm On Aug 11, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

check the wiring of the crank and camshaft position sensors, ensure they are not exposed. Also check the serpentine belt, ensure it is taught , next confirm your rpm is at 750-800 @ idle
thanks boss, I'll check and give feedback
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by magikalz(m): 3:18am On Aug 12, 2019
Hello, guys. I'm honestly tired of these Lagos mechanics. You take a car for repair and come back with something else damaged.

It seems these guys unplugged the O2 sensor in my 2007 Toyota Camry.

Please can someone confirm to me what I'm looking at in this picture attached.

@Gazzuz

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:56am On Aug 12, 2019
magikalz:
Hello, guys. I'm honestly tired of these Lagos mechanics. You take a car for repair and come back with something else damaged.

It seems these guys unplugged the O2 sensor in my 2007 Toyota Camry.

Please can someone confirm to me what I'm looking at in this picture attached.

@Gazzuz

evap purge valve, there should be i pipe from the fuel tank to this device, and another to vacuum side intake. Search around the engine bay for the harness.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by magikalz(m): 9:10am On Aug 12, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

evap purge valve, there should be i pipe from the fuel tank to this device, and another to vacuum side intake. Search around the engine bay for the harness.

Thank you, will do. What's the implication of this thing unplugged like this?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:14am On Aug 12, 2019
magikalz:

Thank you, will do. What's the implication of this thing unplugged like this?

1 Min let me confirm what i see.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Atikusbaby1: 10:13am On Aug 12, 2019
Pre owned Toyota carina e for sale at a giveaway contact me ASAP. smiley
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 11:22am On Aug 12, 2019
Car Maintenance

Buying a Car is one work and trust me Maintenance is another one and people sud be prepared for the two before buying any ANY Brand I know it's not easy but then that's what's expected just like to marry wife is a small task compared to taking care of her for Life

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eRex(m): 11:42am On Aug 12, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:
Car Maintenance

Buying a Car is one work and trust me Maintenance is another one and people sud be prepared for the two before buying any ANY Brand I know it's not easy but then that's what's expected just like to marry wife is a small task compared to taking care of her for Life

Am still cruzing My Honda baby boy on the baddest o road

Never had a pull out... 4 years and counting... And I bought it Naija used

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2019
eRex:

Am still cruzing My Honda baby boy on the baddest o road

Never had a pull out... 4 years and counting... And I bought it Naija used

Imagine �God is Great o
And here is the Toyota lols and the let's say care "l**s user as described
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by babasewen(m): 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Dear boss Gazzuzz,
Thanks a lot for your advice. RPM is in correct position. Then today I discovered a wire that passes beside the belt almost cut to half by the belt. I guess it's the crankshaft wire. I celotaped it and positioned it away from the belt. I hope this solves the problem. I'll keep you posted sir.

I appreciate
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by damiflo(m): 2:44pm On Aug 12, 2019

Please my Honda accord 2008 V6 struggles to start in the morning. It starts once but the first starting in the morning, the engine always struggle to reach 1000rpm. Like its going to turn off again. After that it starts normally again unless I pack it for long hours. I don't know if what I said made sense......

Please What should I do?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 11:59pm On Aug 12, 2019
damiflo:

Please What should I do?
Thanks in advance.

Run a scan on that car.
Then quote me and post the codes.
We'll advice you better when you have the codes.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Asunaky: 3:50pm On Aug 13, 2019
Electronic control unit (ECU) aka brainbox, key immobiliser transponder, bcm, remotes, airflow meters, ... 08120306356
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by hefelove(m): 5:00pm On Aug 13, 2019
Ermm egbon Gazzuzz how you dey, please I want to know if Volkswagen Jetta is good for uber and I thinkbits 2007 automatic, does it consume fuel too? And what are the necessary maintainance? And hope is theft free unlike corollas. Thanks boss
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kokomo: 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2019
hefelove:
Ermm egbon Gazzuzz how you dey, please I want to know if Volkswagen Jetta is good for uber and I thinkbits 2007 automatic, does it consume fuel too? And what are the necessary maintainance? And hope is theft free unlike corollas. Thanks boss

Run
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kokomo: 5:06pm On Aug 13, 2019
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by hefelove(m): 5:08pm On Aug 13, 2019
Kokomo:

Run
Lmao grin why na?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2019
hefelove:

run

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.