Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (921996 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 8:12am On Jul 30, 2019
Oga Gazzuzz, morning. Toyota picnic his d car 4 plugs or 6 plugs. Which is better to buy between manual transmission or Automatic transmission. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kcbaba007: 7:32pm On Jul 31, 2019
Kokomo:
Boss Gazzuzz, my car acceleration dey fear me, if you press it a little the way e dey take jump go forward ehn, just small press of the throttle and the thing jumps.

A friend of mine who have been using car a long time was the one that first draw my attention to the wey it accelerate so fast.

This is my first car, bought 2 month ago.

Please any suggestion on this quick a acceleration fear

Cc nurey deportivo timifakay

vehicle is in very good condition, engine compression is very fine. leave am like that
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kcbaba007: 7:40pm On Jul 31, 2019
Toyota picnic his only 4 plugs, manual or automatic transmission his good

fizcoo20:
Oga Gazzuzz, morning.
Toyota picnic his d car 4 plugs or 6 plugs.
Which is better to buy between manual transmission or Automatic transmission.
Thanks in anticipation.
grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 11:58pm On Jul 31, 2019
kcbaba007:

grin

Thanks for your response.
Sir, his Mazda MPV too good.
Both manual transmission and automatic transmission. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drakeskull(m): 8:01am On Aug 01, 2019
kcbaba007:

grin

This man his wicked grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 8:49am On Aug 01, 2019
drakeskull:

This man his wicked grin

Why his he wicked. Did he make any mistakes.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 9:10am On Aug 02, 2019
fizcoo20:

Why his he wicked.
Did he make any mistakes.
HIS is different from IS and he is correct. The picnic has just 4 cylinder engine and is better (reliable wise) compared to the Mazda MPV.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 11:28am On Aug 02, 2019
jceesquare:

HIS is different from IS and he is correct. The picnic has just 4 cylinder engine and is better (reliable wise) compared to the Mazda MPV.

Thanks.
Appreciate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by patomaniac: 5:36pm On Aug 02, 2019
Good day all, keep up the good work.

I just got a Toyota Camry 2008 model some months back, and today while I drove out I saw the "check engine" sign on my dash board. Luckily a friend of mine has an OBD scanner and when we scanned my car it gave out the attached error codes. Pleas what does it mean and how do I go about to rectify it (what should I tell the mechanic.

Cc. GAZZUZZ.
Nurey

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kaz4sure2015: 6:50pm On Aug 02, 2019
patomaniac:

I just got a Toyota Camry 2008 model some months back, and today while I drove out I saw the "check engine" sign on my dash board. Luckily a friend of mine has an OBD scanner and when we scanned my car it gave out the attached error codes. Pleas what does it mean and how do I go about to rectify it (what should I tell the mechanic.

Cc. GAZZUZZ.
Nurey

For the first error code, catalyst replacement is the solution and for the rest codes, you need to change all the plugs and coils

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by patomaniac: 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2019
kaz4sure2015:

For the first error code, catalyst replacement is the solution and for the rest codes, you need to change all the plugs and coils

Thanks... how do I go about changing the catalyst and dyu have any idea how much it is to change it and the coils
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2019
kaz4sure2015:

hard truths but true...

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by patomaniac: 8:21pm On Aug 02, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

hard truths but true...

My ogas pls do you people have any cash estimate on how much it will cost to replace them. And if it will have any long term effect on the car since the car still works, if I dont have the money to change immediately
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2019
patomaniac:

Cc. GAZZUZZ.
Nurey

V6 or 4cylinder?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by patomaniac: 8:25pm On Aug 02, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

V6 or 4cylinder?

4cylinder
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:30pm On Aug 02, 2019
patomaniac:

4cylinder

any history of overheating?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by patomaniac: 8:39pm On Aug 02, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

any history of overheating?

None
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:32am On Aug 03, 2019
patomaniac:

None

ignore the misfires, focus on replacing the catalytic converter
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by patomaniac: 8:51am On Aug 03, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

ignore the misfires, focus on replacing the catalytic converter

Okay, thanks boss
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eRex(m): 12:18pm On Aug 03, 2019
jceesquare:

I no know y una like kiil my MPV statue.

I used MPV 05 (for 2years) and 03 model (for 1 year)
3.0 engine
6plugs
Auto transmission.
Back to back from Monday to Friday... To work n back.
I cover 43km to work and same back.(inner Ikorodu to Yaba and back daily)

All through the years I never had overheating or engine or gear issue.

Only issue I had was front arm issue... Thanks to my bad roads in inner Ikorodu. Plus alternator issue cos of the daily swimming I do in pool of water due to the bad road.(the alternator is down side and the protective plastic was off)

I sha like space full motor so for me ooo.... I go choose the MPV sha after I have chosen the sienna sha.. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 3:10pm On Aug 03, 2019
eRex:

I no know y una like kiil my MPV statue.

I used MPV 05 (for 2years) and 03 model (for 1 year)
3.0 engine
6plugs
Auto transmission.
Back to back from Monday to Friday... To work n back.
I cover 43km to work and same back.(inner Ikorodu to Yaba and back daily)

All through the years I never had overheating or engine or gear issue.

Only issue I had was front arm issue... Thanks to my bad roads in inner Ikorodu. Plus alternator issue cos of the daily swimming I do in pool of water due to the bad road.(the alternator is down side and the protective plastic was off)

I sha like space full motor so for me ooo.... I go choose the MPV sha after I have chosen the sienna sha.. grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks for the post.
I should go for d MPV Ryt.
Should I go for any year.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by xzile: 7:33pm On Aug 03, 2019
Are you a tokunbo auto parts dealer in Lagos, Nigeria and Africa? Are you a car owner
or an automobile technician (mechanic) looking for where to buy genuine foreign used
car parts that you can trust? Worry no more, Blessed Chris investment is here to assist
you.
We deal in all Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes and Honda spare parts. E.g
Engines
Gear box
Shock absorbers
Hubs
Beams
Steering rack
Shafts
and many more.
Our parts are sold with guarantee and our shop located at adelotun plaza, osoro Street,
mushin, Lagos.
For further enquiries and info contact Chris on 08039129122
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eRex(m): 11:29pm On Aug 03, 2019
fizcoo20:

Thanks for the post.
I should go for d MPV Ryt.
Should I go for any year.
Thanks in anticipation.

Toks... I will prefer a 03 to 06 model

Cos they come with a 3.0 liter engine and 5 speed transmission.

Rule
1: use a certified mechanic if u ever have engine trouble.
In Ikorodu here I use the mechs that work only on Mazda vehicles although I have never done an engine work
2: for long distance journeys never over load your MPV. Carry the recommended kg. Mpv can perform all those stunt like sienna when it comes to load however in terms of speed please be careful o.. e dey fly o

However if this is your first car, I will advice you go for Toyota picnic it can withstand all manner of abuse.

For me it just boring especially interior wise that's all...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 9:53am On Aug 04, 2019
eRex:

Toks... I will prefer a 03 to 06 model

Cos they come with a 3.0 liter engine and 5 speed transmission.

Rule
1: use a certified mechanic if u ever have engine trouble.
In Ikorodu here I use the mechs that work only on Mazda vehicles although I have never done an engine work
2: for long distance journeys never over load your MPV. Carry the recommended kg. Mpv can perform all those stunt like sienna when it comes to load however in terms of speed please be careful o.. e dey fly o

However if this is your first car, I will advice you go for Toyota picnic it can withstand all manner of abuse.

For me it just boring especially interior wise that's all...

Yes u are ryt, it's boring. I don't like d shape of d motor, not spacious as MPV. I Don choose MPV.
I heard MPV automatic transmission usually develop fault.
Thanks for your advice.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eRex(m): 11:24am On Aug 04, 2019
fizcoo20:

Yes u are ryt, it's boring. I don't like d shape of d motor, not spacious as MPV. I Don choose MPV.
I heard MPV automatic transmission usually develop fault.
Thanks for your advice.

Not true.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 12:09pm On Aug 04, 2019
eRex:

Not true.
So which one do you advise to get BTW auto and manual transmission. Thanks in anticipation. I heard 2001 dey rugged. His Dat true. Also am running for V6 engine coz I heard it consume fuel a lot. Kindly help me put more light to it. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eRex(m): 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2019
fizcoo20:

So which one do you advise to get BTW auto and manual transmission.
Thanks in anticipation.
I heard 2001 dey rugged. His Dat true.
Also am running for V6 engine coz I heard it consume fuel a lot.
Kindly help me put more light to it.
Thanks

3 types:

2.0L 4plugs engine with 5speed manual gear.( Mostly used by transporters. Some Mazda cars uses same engine too.)
Engine is rugged no doubt but I don't know if it the way the commercial guys use it... Once the engine overheats .... It's a go.
2.5L V6 engine with 4 speed auto gear.: Never used it and my simple reason is this.....
(All the time I visit my MPV mechanic in Ikorodu I also see a lot of that model in their work shop.. I hardly see the 3.0l under same condition
3.0L V6 engine with 5 speed auto gear. (This is the only model I have used).. engine gear have always been fantastic for me.. I have used 4 of this models. Although I got mine 9ja used.. the most reason why I sell is if I get a very good offer on it....

Funnily.... I just saw one of my mpv buyer today that bought this.

https://www.nairaland.com/3332741/mazda-mpvs-03models-sale-sold.

Fuel consumption... Me I don't think it's is so bad ... Although the V6 will definitely consume more than the 4plug.... I don't think it bad at all... If you travel long distances you should do V6...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 7:49pm On Aug 04, 2019
eRex:

3 types:

2.0L 4plugs engine with 5speed manual gear.( Mostly used by transporters. Some Mazda cars uses same engine too.)
Engine is rugged no doubt but I don't know if it the way the commercial guys use it... Once the engine overheats .... It's a go.
2.5L V6 engine with 4 speed auto gear.: Never used it and my simple reason is this.....
(All the time I visit my MPV mechanic in Ikorodu I also see a lot of that model in their work shop.. I hardly see the 3.0l under same condition
3.0L V6 engine with 5 speed auto gear. (This is the only model I have used).. engine gear have always been fantastic for me.. I have used 4 of this models. Although I got mine 9ja used.. the most reason why I sell is if I get a very good offer on it....

Funnily.... I just saw one of my mpv buyer today that bought this.

https://www.nairaland.com/3332741/mazda-mpvs-03models-sale-sold.

Fuel consumption... Me I don't think it's is so bad ... Although the V6 will definitely consume more than the 4plug.... I don't think it bad at all... If you travel long distances you should do V6...
Thanks for the info.
You mean u bought naija used and last long.
What's ur advise on naija used.
D V6, 12k or 13k go full d fuel tank. Ryt
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eRex(m): 8:11pm On Aug 04, 2019
fizcoo20:

Thanks for the info.
You mean u bought naija used and last long.
What's ur advise on naija used.
D V6, 12k or 13k go full d fuel tank. Ryt
Av never had my tank below 1/4 but from estimate about 10k should fill up for empty..

Please be careful though.
All the Naija used I bought were from first users.
The one that even served the longest 05 model ... I bought for 450k
https://www.nairaland.com/4069471/mpv-05-asking-800k-sold

Body was gone but the engine and gear was top notch.
Did full Body work
Fix AC and changed all tires.

This car frequent Benin ....
After I sold it buyer came from Mali bought and took it to Enugu next day....
Came back to Lagos after a month asked me to help resell as he needed cash to travel back ...
I resold it again and next buyer travel with it again to Onitsha...

Me ooo... I don't know about others but I'm an MPV fan.
Am currently hunting for one to buy even though available not gotten enough cash...

I'm banking on those who do like MPV or Have downgraded cos of what pple have said...
Pleased if your engine and gear is solid with no arm issues or beam issue... I go sell my car buy am.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 10:00pm On Aug 04, 2019
eRex:

Av never had my tank below 1/4 but from estimate about 10k should fill up for empty..

Please be careful though.
All the Naija used I bought were from first users.
The one that even served the longest 05 model ... I bought for 450k
https://www.nairaland.com/4069471/mpv-05-asking-800k-sold

Body was gone but the engine and gear was top notch.
Did full Body work
Fix AC and changed all tires.

This car frequent Benin ....
After I sold it buyer came from Mali bought and took it to Enugu next day....
Came back to Lagos after a month asked me to help resell as he needed cash to travel back ...
I resold it again and next buyer travel with it again to Onitsha...

Me ooo... I don't know about others but I'm an MPV fan.
Am currently hunting for one to buy even though available not gotten enough cash...

I'm banking on those who do like MPV or Have downgraded cos of what pple have said...
Pleased if your engine and gear is solid with no arm issues or beam issue... I go sell my car buy am.

Thanks for the info.
U advise me to go for automatic transmission, want to use to work and be doing part time with afer work and weekends. Which one do u advise me to buy.
Thanks in anticipation..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingbusy: 11:08pm On Aug 04, 2019
Please I have an issue with my car. I am a learner , while driving I discovered that the steering and the brake will just suddenly become stiff if I try to press the brake it will be very hard to press not until I put off the engine and restart before it becomes normal. Can anyone educate me on what is happening with my car ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 1:45pm On Aug 05, 2019
kingbusy:
Please I have an issue with my car. I am a learner , while driving I discovered that the steering and the brake will just suddenly become stiff if I try to press the brake it will be very hard to press not until I put off the engine and restart before it becomes normal. Can anyone educate me on what is happening with my car ?

simple

car shuts down on motion. find out the cause of intermittent switching off, also dangerous as you are a novice who can't quickly notice car shutting down on motion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.