Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (919720 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gazuzz(m): 3:48pm On Aug 27, 2019
suco01:
Hello Oga GAZZUZZ. Please sir i notice a grinding sound around the timing belt side from my toyota sienna 98. I asked mechanic to hear the sound, he said it is either water pump or roller, I want to confirm from you is it possible.

replace full timing kit which will include timing belt water pump and all rollers. In the mean time stop driving the car
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by joshyo1(m): 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2019
@Gazuzz
i have a camry 99 model. i have been using it for 7sevens months now, but during this periods i have noticed the fuel consumption is usually high. i have compared it with similar models, over time but my still stands out. i have serviced my nozzles, changed air filter(new), changed fuel filter(new), changed the plugs,yet still not difference. after this last servicing two weeks ago, i notice this unusual vibration when i engage my gear, but when on motion i dont feel it. what else can i do please ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gazuzz(m): 4:06pm On Aug 27, 2019
joshyo1:
@Gazuzz
i have a camry 99 model. i have been using it for 7sevens months now, but during this periods i have noticed the fuel consumption is usually high. i have compared it with similar models, over time but my still stands out. i have serviced my nozzles, changed air filter(new), changed fuel filter(new), changed the plugs,yet still not difference. after this last servicing two weeks ago, i notice this unusual vibration when i engage my gear, but when on motion i dont feel it. what else can i do please ?

you can scan it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by joshyo1(m): 4:18pm On Aug 27, 2019
Gazuzz:

you can scan it

what possible thing should i look out for?[b][/b]
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gazuzz(m): 4:25pm On Aug 27, 2019
joshyo1:

what possible thing should i look out for?[b][/b]

post all the information from scan here.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by joshyo1(m): 4:33pm On Aug 27, 2019
Gazuzz:

post all the information from scan here.

OK, I WILL GET BACK TO YOU ON IT
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by joshyo1(m): 4:49pm On Aug 27, 2019
joshyo1:

OK, I WILL GET BACK TO YOU ON IT

@Gazuzz, it most be noted that my check engine light is not on. it only comes one at the point point when the ignition is on and the vehicle starts, then it goes off.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gazuzz(m): 4:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
joshyo1:

@Gazuzz, it most be noted that my check engine light is not on. it only comes one at the point point when the ignition is on and the vehicle starts, then it goes off.

it could be connected to oil pressure warning lamp
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by joshyo1(m): 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2019
Gazuzz:

it could be connected to oil pressure warning lamp

Please I do not really understand what you mean, can you explain further please?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by suco01(m): 6:57pm On Aug 27, 2019
Gazuzz:

replace full timing kit which will include timing belt water pump and all rollers. In the mean time stop driving the car

K sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frangaddy: 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2019
Hello oga gazuzz, pls my 2.2 Camry when driven on a long distance d brake will go flat, I av change d caliper and serviced
d master brake but still d same and also bought anoda brake disc.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eRex(m): 10:10pm On Aug 27, 2019
frangaddy:
Hello oga gazuzz, pls my 2.2 Camry when driven on a long distance d brake will go flat, I av change d caliper and serviced

Change the brake master... Had same issue on my 2.2 Camry
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gazuzz(m): 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2019
frangaddy:

the quality of brake pads and the quality of brake oil comes to play. The brakes only fail after excessive braking over long periods, the brake pads transfer heat to the brake calliper and that is transferred to the fluids which begin to boil and cause brake failure.

Change to high quality pads and flush your brake lines with dot4 brake oil.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oriented(m): 2:17am On Aug 28, 2019
dicksonadams:

Is the exhaust sound loud
yes it is. But every observed leakage has been welded. My panel said the noise is from the exhaust last port n that it shouldn't matter.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jceesquare(m): 6:51am On Aug 28, 2019
joshyo1:

Please I do not really understand what you mean, can you explain further please?
It has been kazeemized sir.
But still scan.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 9:46am On Aug 28, 2019
Good day Gurus in the House i DISCOVERed this Blue Allied Brake fluid lately ND noticed it was more expensive than the common one please what r the advantages and can I switch to it

My car is a Honda Accord 2006 Dc
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 9:57am On Aug 28, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:
Good day Gurus in the House i DISCOVERed this Blue Allied Brake fluid lately ND noticed it was more expensive than the common one please what r the advantages and can I switch to it

Have you been using that DOT3 in the red can? the one my papa been dey use for his Benz 200 regular in the 90s, abeg use the blue color allied it's what I was using in my accord 06 and still use it in some of our cars and we have never had brake problem or rusty brake lines

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jeraw: 10:13am On Aug 28, 2019
nurey:

Have you been using that DOT3 in the red can? the one my papa been dey use for his Benz 200 regular in the 90s, abeg use the blue color allied it's what I was using in my accord 06 and still use it in some of our cars and we have never had brake problem or rusty brake lines
Oga Nurey.. i been dey think say you don flog your DC?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 10:14am On Aug 28, 2019
nurey:

O better so how do I get rid of the old dot3 in the Brake Fluid cup or sud I just start topping the Car with the blue color allied
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 10:26am On Aug 28, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:

Get Honda OEM brake fluid DOT4, you'd be fine. Its also specially formulated for Hondas.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 10:42am On Aug 28, 2019
jeraw:
Oga Nurey.. i been dey think say you don flog your DC?

Yes I have sold it that is why I said "what I was using" not what "I am using"
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 10:45am On Aug 28, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:

O better so how do I get rid of the old dot3 in the Brake Fluid cup or sud I just start topping the Car with the blue color allied

Go to a mechanic, he bleeds out the old one.

He refills the brake with the new one, test for brake consistency, if things are to soft or air noticed in system, he should bleed out the air.

Test drive again and confirm good job done.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by magikalz(m): 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2019
Gazuzz:

the quality of brake pads and the quality of brake oil comes to play. The brakes only fail after excessive braking over long periods, the brake pads transfer heat to the brake calliper and that is transferred to the fluids which begin to boil and cause brake failure.

Change to high quality pads and flush your brake lines with dot4 brake oil.

Hello, boss. I don come again. My 2007 Camry 3.5ltr revs on it's own and jerks when I change gears sometimes. It doesnt happen all the time but I'm really bothered. The gear shifting isnt hard but the jerk happens mostly when I put reverse.

Car has a check engine light and I scanned it and saw:
P0031
P0051

Something to with air to fuel heater temp being low. What can I do?

My mechanic claims it's not a problem but I think otherwise.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by debeey87(m): 4:28pm On Aug 28, 2019
I recently got my 09 corolla toks delivered to me last week thursday. Last saturday, my wife decided to drive out with it but found out the car doesn't move when the gear is shifted to reverse. No one had used the car since it was delivered from Lagos. A closer look showed that only 3 of the tyres attempt movement(according to her report) with the 4th tyre at the back not moving.

Any one with similar experience and what solution they proferred. Thank you gurus

cc Gazuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gazuzz(m): 4:44pm On Aug 28, 2019
debeey87:
I recently got my 09 corolla toks delivered to me last week thursday. Last saturday, my wife decided to drive out with it but found out the car doesn't move when the gear is shifted to reverse. No one had used the car since it was delivered from Lagos. A closer look showed that only 3 of the tyres attempt movement(according to her report) with the 4th tyre at the back not moving.

Any one with similar experience and what solution they proferred. Thank you gurus

cc Gazuzz

you bought a South African corolla, disconnet the parking brake cables from the calliper.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by debeey87(m): 5:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
Thanks chief. Just curious, vehicle history report shows it was produced in Newfoundland in Canada but you mentioned south africa. Is this peculiar to only SA specs? and what's the lasting solution if any.
Gazuzz:

you bought a South African corolla, disconnet the parking brake cables from the calliper.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gazuzz(m): 6:11pm On Aug 28, 2019
debeey87:
Thanks chief. Just curious, vehicle history report shows it was produced in Newfoundland in Canada but you mentioned south africa. Is this peculiar to only SA specs? and what's the lasting solution if any.

then I was wrong. Try and inspect brake system
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by debeey87(m): 7:56pm On Aug 28, 2019
Thank you
Gazuzz:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mgbadike81: 11:38pm On Aug 28, 2019
Gazuzz:

oga, please what's your views on using a Volkswagen transporter as a haulage vehicle compared to other competing brands like the Ford transit?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingbusy: 5:29pm On Aug 29, 2019
Hello gurus, i have an issue with my car toyota camry 2004. Any time i'm on motion the transmission will suddenly stop until i stop and restart before i could continue with my journey. It has happened to me like 3times now, i dont have an idea what could be the cause please help me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.