Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,111 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (911507 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by temi4fash(m): 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2020
KINGreignn:

What's the name of the transmission oil you used in your 2007 Honda City transmission?

Honda CVT Oil... Was having this issue and other issues before changing the oil. When i changed the oil all the other issues stopped just this remaining.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ojeysky(m): 8:29am On Feb 04, 2020
My 2010 Camry seem to be burning oil sightly, I thought this oil burn whala was to the 07-09 range. I may move to higher weight (currently 0w20) at next my service but is there anyone that experienced this and any possible fix to it?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:34am On Feb 04, 2020
temi4fash:
Please i changed the transmission oil of Honda City 2007. But i notice the transmission would not shift to the 3rd and 4th gear, The rpm would rise as much as 5000 but the gear would not shift. at this stage i cant go beyond 60km/h. this happens sometimes most times if i want it to move very fast it would just mess me up.

What could be the problem with transmission?

Can this be resolved??

Honda city is CVT you should not be able to shift gears at all.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by temi4fash(m): 9:33am On Feb 04, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Honda city is CVT you should not be able to shift gears at all.

I dont understand...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:42am On Feb 04, 2020
temi4fash:

I dont understand...

There's no shifting, it's just a belt.

If you can feel the shifts, there is definitely something wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHWqlfDZnmQ

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by temi4fash(m): 10:20am On Feb 04, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

There's no shifting, it's just a belt.

If you can feel the shifts, there is definitely something wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHWqlfDZnmQ

Opps..

Does it mean my transmission is bad??

What can i do now??
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:01am On Feb 04, 2020
temi4fash:

Opps..

Does it mean my transmission is bad??

What can i do now??

Take a pic of your engine bay
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AshipaEk0: 12:09pm On Feb 04, 2020
Please what causes car Alternator to spoil/stop working?

I'm told water must never touch the alternator.

What else could spoil it?

I suspect someone has done something
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by temi4fash(m): 12:18pm On Feb 04, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by temi4fash(m): 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

See attached below

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:55pm On Feb 04, 2020
temi4fash:

See attached below

confirmed it is the correct engine and transmission in the bay
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by temi4fash(m): 12:59pm On Feb 04, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Yes
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by temi4fash(m): 2:18pm On Feb 04, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Yes it is the correct Engine and transmission bay
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by omorkelly(m): 7:56pm On Feb 04, 2020
Hello house, pls I need the price of Camry 2006 condenser (toks) asap
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tbagwell1(m): 11:50pm On Feb 04, 2020
Please I need the price for Camry 2000 engine 5s. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by zweenat: 9:07am On Feb 05, 2020
@Gazzuzz and other car gurus please kindly advice on the pros and cons of a Mazda vehicle to an average income earner. maintenance, fueling and co
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 10:14am On Feb 05, 2020
zweenat:
@Gazzuzz and other car gurus please kindly advice on the pros and cons of a Mazda vehicle to an average income earner. maintenance, fueling and co
Be more specific, which model and year
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Adeagbo001: 12:11am On Feb 06, 2020
I just want to get my first car and I'm interested in ford escape hybrid because of the fuel consumption. Please I need advice which one I should go for and the maintenance won't hit into my pocket.

Ford escape hybrid 2005 or ford escape hybrid 2006?

Those who have previously used these models can kindly share their experiences and recommendations.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 5:35am On Feb 06, 2020
Adeagbo001:
I just want to get my first car and I'm interested in ford escape hybrid because of the fuel consumption. Please I need advice which one I should go for and the maintenance won't hit into my pocket.

Those who have previously used these models can kindly share their experiences and recommendations.

The last person I know who used the Ford escape hybrid of that model year used it for 1 year then abandoned it for like 3 years and finally sold it to iron condemn people.

if you must buy hybrid buy from someone who has studied the technology (Toyota hybrid vehicles)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Adeagbo001: 6:25am On Feb 06, 2020
Wow, okay...

nurey:

The last person I know who used the Ford escape hybrid of that model year used it for 1 year then abandoned it for like 3 years and finally sold it to iron condemn people.

if you must buy hybrid buy from someone who has studied the technology (Toyota hybrid vehicles)
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by opewella: 6:42am On Feb 06, 2020
I will like to follow this dialogue too. I need it urgently.

Adeagbo001:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by blackbone989(m): 12:18pm On Feb 06, 2020
Gazzuzz pls between Nissan Altima 2005 n Honda Accord 2005 which is cheaper to maintain? It's my cousin first ride n both r Nigerian use?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by peeps4u: 4:33pm On Feb 06, 2020
ojeysky:
My 2010 Camry seem to be burning oil sightly, I thought this oil burn whala was to the 07-09 range. I may move to higher weight (currently 0w20) at next my service but is there anyone that experienced this and any possible fix to it?

What is the recommneded oil specs? I advise you use the correct oil as specified by the maker.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ojeysky(m): 7:40pm On Feb 06, 2020
peeps4u:

What is the recommneded oil specs? I advise you use the correct oil as specified by the maker.

I use the specs 0w20
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Miyo190: 12:22pm On Feb 07, 2020
Hello Gurus,

Oil change for a Toyota Corolla serviced with 5w-30 is at what miles pls?

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 1:40pm On Feb 07, 2020
Miyo190:
Hello Gurus,
Thanks
synthetic 8000km or 6months whichever comes first
mineral oil 3000km or 3months whichever comes first
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 07, 2020
nurey:

synthetic 8000km or 6months whichever comes first

mineral oil 3000km or 3months whichever comes first

He should also use a good oil filter on synthetic oil or have someone change oil filter for him at 3k if ordinary filter is used.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lush100(m): 1:59pm On Feb 07, 2020
sir, as ur question have been answered.
please do I know anyone mech good to with handling Toyota Corolla air condition.
I want to check my air conditioning before filling gas.

I will appreciate ur number as I am currently not in Lagos but will be on Saturday and the next weekend
my area is abule egba.

Miyo190:
Hello Gurus,

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by froshbuddy: 3:50pm On Feb 07, 2020
Lush100:
sir, as ur question have been answered.
please do I know anyone mech good to with handling Toyota Corolla air condition.
I want to check my air conditioning before filling gas.

I will appreciate ur number as I am currently not in Lagos but will be on Saturday and the next weekend
my area is abule egba.

MOSBUS is your go -to guy

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nonhuman(m): 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
The two of spark plug of my car is covering with black carbon, I have changed it twice it repeats the same thing
Could this also be the reason why my fuel economy have gone bad, please what is the problem of my car any useful information will be appreciated I use 2008 Hyundai
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by TCAT: 5:12pm On Feb 07, 2020
Hello guys, please advise me, is it good to buy a 2008 Toyota Camry. ? I heard it consumes oil when it reaches a milage of 80,000 plus. They said it's because the engine 2 AZ - FE, and it is better to buy an engine that has 2gr- FE which is a V6. Kindly advice. thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mrford(m): 5:22pm On Feb 07, 2020
nonhuman:
The two of spark plug of my car is covering with black carbon, I have changed it twice it repeats the same thing
Could this also be the reason why my fuel economy have gone bad, please what is the problem of my car any useful information will be appreciated I use 2008 Hyundai

Your car is running rich. You need to have it properly diagnosed. Start by scanning it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.