Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (911815 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mejai(m): 7:50am On Jan 30, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

The first three speeds go through the fan resistor, which acts as a voltage regulator for lower fan speeds. The 4th speed goes direct to the fan. It's possible the switching mechanism is stuck at 4, which will undermine all other instructions. Start by pulling the main battery and retrying .
Ok Man. Let me try it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by greatstephenho(m): 7:59am On Jan 30, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

call the market. Apply due diligence.

GAZZUZZ, Smartchioce when will you guys start sharing my number like this?

This is 2020 help a brother to make money biko....lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Crixie(m): 8:56am On Jan 30, 2020
Genuine Toyota WS has a new look
Always Available

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by funkymeky: 1:09pm On Jan 30, 2020
Please who knows of good auto shop where i can service my lexus es 350 in port harcourt and a good ac technician will be very much appreciated. I have searching for days now
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mejai(m): 5:38pm On Jan 30, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

The first three speeds go through the fan resistor, which acts as a voltage regulator for lower fan speeds. The 4th speed goes direct to the fan. It's possible the switching mechanism is stuck at 4, which will undermine all other instructions. Start by pulling the main battery and retrying .
The battery pulling couldn't reset it. I dug further and the control switch was the issue. I had it repaired (replacement part couldn't be seen in the market). Thanks dude.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by BAZ001: 12:37am On Jan 31, 2020
Pls my car Engine is dirty and dusty, I learnt somewhere on Nairaland that it's not good to wash car engine, and since then I've not washed it and been trying to see an alternative

Kindly help me with a better way of cleaning the engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 5:19am On Jan 31, 2020
BAZ001:
Pls my car Engine is dirty and dusty, I learnt somewhere on Nairaland that it's not good to wash car engine, and since then I've not washed it and been trying to see an alternative

Kindly help me with a better way of cleaning the engine.

wipe the Engine not wash, with foam and water but diesel is better than water. Very tedious task or just give your mechanic apprentice and humble him with 1k

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by peterpeteru: 2:40pm On Jan 31, 2020
Good day Gazzuzz and other car gurus.

I drive a corolla 2007 sport I bought last October. 
It's engine is heavily slugged cos the former owner was using the wrong oil grade.
So, in December, I flushed it with Liqui Moly and switched to mobil1 synthetic oil
The problem now is, the oil gets short persistently despite driving the car for just once a week, about a 100 km to and fro.

The car drives smoothly, doesn't smoke nor leaks.

What could be the problem sirs and kindly suggest solutions.

Many thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Naheem001: 7:33pm On Jan 31, 2020
Hi guys,

I'm inviting you to fill the Carl Survey. The short survey is focused on getting your transportation experience as we plan on enhancing the experience.
Remember, your feedback is completely anonymous. We thank you in advance for your participation.

Fill the survey here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdaUhE6tM7pZ7VbnO5BnUo1o3F-MhruBwBoCLROw7kURdJEvg/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ojeysky(m): 7:36pm On Jan 31, 2020
peterpeteru:

It's engine is heavily slugged cos the former owner was using the wrong oil grade.
So, in December, I flushed it with Liqui Moly and switched to mobil1 synthetic oil
The problem now is, the oil gets short persistently despite driving the car for just once a week, about a 100 km to and fro.

Many thanks.

If it's already heavily sludged, cleaning will only allow lighter weight oils leak/burn internally. I think going with the higher weight oil should be your route if you still want to continue using the engine though it will be for while. ;-)

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:42pm On Jan 31, 2020
peterpeteru:

Many thanks.

rebuild or replace .

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by peterpeteru: 8:35pm On Jan 31, 2020
Thanks boss.

ojeysky:

If it's already heavily sludged, cleaning will only allow lighter weight oils leak/burn internally. I think going with the higher weight oil should be your route if you still want to continue using the engine though it will be for while. ;-)
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by peterpeteru: 8:37pm On Jan 31, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

rebuild or replace .

Thanks boss.

Kindly give me an estimate cost for rebuilding.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thebigkendo(m): 10:04pm On Jan 31, 2020
peterpeteru:

Many thanks.

Maybe somebody is using a straw to suck your oil grin grin..
If your oil is not leaking then its definately smoking.. My guess at higher RPM
Engine Oil don't just disappear.. Its either burnt(smoking) or leaking..

You have 3 choices, I will start from the cheapest.

- Go back to the "wrong oil".. Continue using till engine dies, its cheaper, top up engine oil as required..
- Try another oil brand..forget synthetic oil sir, your corolla does not even need it.. I know some engines that burn drink mobil 1 but sip other oil brands..hope you get get drift grin
-Rebuild or replace

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by time80: 10:23pm On Jan 31, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

I have 3 solutions for u.

1. Check all boot seals (rubber that runs round) ensure its fittet well along the frame.
2.Get in the boot with a flash light and have some one hose the car down with water with ur flash light look for leaks

3.Check taillight seals or the trunk weatherstrip. Water might be flowing down the sheet metal.
Also check the seal on your antenna

The water doesn't have to drip into the boot and soak through. It can often run along the metal and run underneath the soundproofing and the carpet

Best of luck.

good luk
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by time80: 10:30pm On Jan 31, 2020
[color=#000099][/color] THANX
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by peterpeteru: 10:42pm On Jan 31, 2020
thebigkendo:

Maybe somebody is using a straw to suck your oil grin grin..
If your oil is not leaking then its definately smoking.. My guess at higher RPM
Engine Oil don't just disappear.. Its either burnt(smoking) or leaking..

You have 3 choices, I will start from the cheapest.

- Go back to the "wrong oil".. Continue using till engine dies, its cheaper, top up engine oil as required..
- Try another oil brand..forget synthetic oil sir, your corolla does not even need it.. I know some engines that burn drink mobil 1 but sip other oil brands..hope you get get drift grin
-Rebuild or replace

Thanks a ton boss for your apt input.

Concerning the 3 choices sir,
1. By "till engine dies," hope it's not that it'd get knocked suddenly on the highway or would there be prior signs or warnings?
2. The wrong oil I meant was the sae40. I got the drift sir grin
3. lipsrsealed embarassed

Should I be considering this 4th choice or would rebuilding permanently solve the problem and without sludge?
4. Sell off lipsrsealed
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by thebigkendo(m): 12:25am On Feb 01, 2020
peterpeteru:

Thanks a ton boss for your apt input.

Concerning the 3 choices sir,
1. By "till engine dies," hope it's not that it'd get knocked suddenly on the highway or would there be prior signs or warnings?
2. The wrong oil I meant was the sae40. I got the drift sir grin
3. lipsrsealed embarassed

Should I be considering this 4th choice or would rebuilding permanently solve the problem and without sludge?
4. Sell off lipsrsealed

grin grin grin grin
Rebuilding if done by a competent techy will solve the problem.. But is it worth it? Price wise.. Competent techy don't come cheap...

If I was you.. I will go with option one.. And check my oil level every saturday morning..
Oil burning and sludge are not immediate death sentence as most people make it seems.. That same engine will go years.. As long as top up the oil when it gets low..

So when I said "till engine dies" I don't mean die from your oil problem .. So many other things might kill the engine, engines cannot run forever..

worse case to me is engine replacement, I will not consider selling my car because of "small" oil burn and I will not spend over 100k for a corolla engine rebuild

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by peterpeteru: 2:49am On Feb 01, 2020
thebigkendo:

grin grin grin grin
Rebuilding if done by a competent techy will solve the problem.. But is it worth it? Price wise.. Competent techy don't come cheap...

If I was you.. I will go with option one.. And check my oil level every saturday morning..
Oil burning and sludge are not immediate death sentence as most people make it seems.. That same engine will go years.. As long as top up the oil when it gets low..

So when I said "till engine dies" I don't mean die from your oil problem .. So many other things might kill the engine, engines cannot run forever..

worse case to me is engine replacement, I will not consider selling my car because of "small" oil burn and I will not spend over 100k for a corolla engine rebuild

Waaooooh
It feels like a fully loaded Dangote cement truck has just been lifted off my shoulder. grin grin
Unlimited thanks sir.

I'll do as advised and work towards replacement before the year runs out.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 7:53am On Feb 01, 2020
Happy New Month Great People
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olumzzz(m): 10:34am On Feb 01, 2020
Johnsonkeyz2019:
Happy New Month Great People
I've always observed this

If I raise my Car before he nor dey raise smoothly but today while warming it I allowed it to stay for awhile wasn't even intentional but *I now tried raising it after before turning the ignition off and it raised very smooth* like I heard my Car raise well on stand

Honda Accord 2006 DC
Abeg guys who get correct car raiser to help him.
Maybe a crane or elevator.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by donshegzy: 1:12pm On Feb 01, 2020
Hi guys. Please recommend a trusted vendor for Mobil 1 5w30 oil for RX 330
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 1:47pm On Feb 01, 2020
donshegzy:

https://www.nairaland.com/gazzuzz
+234 803 391 0382
Go thru him
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by donshegzy: 1:55pm On Feb 01, 2020
Thank you.

KINGreignn:

https://www.nairaland.com/gazzuzz
+234 803 391 0382
Go thru him

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by lubehouse9ja(m): 7:27am On Feb 02, 2020
We have it in stock sir 08028271613 Location: Lagos and Kano.
donshegzy:

https://www.nairaland.com/3798082/castrol-german-adler-full-synthetic/1

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by slowshow: 6:36pm On Feb 02, 2020
Good evening Auto gurus, my corolla (2011 model) is having hardstarting issues. The car starts normally in the mornings but when the engine warms up after driving for some time, the hardstarting begins.
So far I have cleaned MAF sensor, serviced throttle body, changed the four plugs and fuel pump but the issue still remains.
There's no CEL displaying.
Pls, any help will be really appreciated.
Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 6:11am On Feb 03, 2020
Fuel gauge giving wrong reading. What could be the cause and what can be done. 06 Camry.
Cc: Gazzuzz, Nurey, Autologic, Kinngreign.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by autologic: 8:43am On Feb 03, 2020
seanfer:
Fuel gauge giving wrong reading. What could be the cause and what can be done. 06 Camry.
Troubleshoot the Fuel sender ,sender circuit and the instrument cluster .
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 8:44am On Feb 03, 2020
seanfer:
Fuel pump ASSY problem, ECU problem.

Have you worked on the pump before or replaced the ECU or the speedometer before?

If yes, reverse what was done.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 10:02am On Feb 03, 2020
KINGreignn:

Fuel pump ASSY problem, ECU problem.

Have you worked on the pump before or replaced the ECU or the speedometer before?

If yes, reverse what was done.

Scan show P0460...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by temi4fash(m): 2:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
Please i changed the transmission oil of Honda City 2007. But i notice the transmission would not shift to the 3rd and 4th gear, The rpm would rise as much as 5000 but the gear would not shift. at this stage i cant go beyond 60km/h. this happens sometimes most times if i want it to move very fast it would just mess me up.

What could be the problem with transmission?

Can this be resolved??
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 3:18pm On Feb 03, 2020
temi4fash:
Please i changed the transmission oil of Honda City 2007. But i notice the transmission would not shift to the 3rd and 4th gear, The rpm would rise as much as 5000 but the gear would not shift. at this stage i cant go beyond 60km/h. this happens sometimes most times if i want it to move very fast it would just mess me up.

What could be the problem with transmission?

Can this be resolved??
What's the name of the transmission oil you used in your 2007 Honda City transmission?

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (508) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Burchester and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.