Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (921411 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by osato45: 12:20am On Nov 07, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Lean mixture on both banks. Check for massive air leak from intake side
where is the intake side in a v6 dc honda accord
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Arinze01(m): 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2020
[quote author=osato45 post=95767806]

Hello all,
Pls I need your input I did preorder of rav4 2010 model my first car ,taken it to my mechanic l for checks and he listed this for me to fix up and buy.
I never budgeted this much as additional cost of maintenance.
The prices are scary for me ,what do you all think?
Front shock absorber- 55k
4 pieces of front lower arm bushings- 17k
Front stabilizer bushings-4K
Front stabilizer linkages- 10k
Ball joint- 18k
Front brake pad- 25k
Front brake disc-95k (new)
7 litres of engine oil- 31k
Engine oil filter- 3500
Transmission filter- 9k
7 litres of transmission oil- 29k
Rear brake pads- 20k
Differential oil- 10k
Rear stabilizer linkage- 10k
Rear brake disc-90k(new)
(2)Rear coilspring- 20000
2 rear brake caliper- 12k
6 pieces of body arm bushings-55k
Radius arm(4pieces)-52k
Rear lower arm bushings(4pcs)- 16000
4pieces of penetrating oil-4K
4 coil spring rubber- 6k
Rear shocks- 40k
Rear sway bar bushings- 4K
4pcs of coil spring rubber- 6k
Service fee- 45k
Machinist pressing of bushings- 9k
Rear cross member bushing- 10k
Front wheel hub-35k
3pcs of oxygen sensor- 25k
8 litres of radiator coolant- 18k
Brake lining- 8k
Inner and outter tierod- 28k
Alignment and wheel balancing- 5k
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by NaijaCr7: 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2020
[quote author=Arinze01 post=95789612][/quote]

Na to buy car body
Wheels control
And tyre

Build new car for u....

Is the kazeem going to import all those products abi na still same ladipo he wan buy am from.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ksmart027(m): 5:14pm On Nov 07, 2020
Your mechanic wan use you build house, how can front brake
pad be 25k, my advice change mechanic.
Modified, didn't you do pre paid inspection before buying the car, if these is actually what is wrong with your car, then you bought a lemon.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ksmart027(m): 5:22pm On Nov 07, 2020
My advice change mechanic, that kazeem is a criminal.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2020
ksmart027:

Modified, didn't you do pre paid inspection before buying the car, if these is actually what is wrong with your car, then you bought a lemon.
Stop being ignorant. OEM brake pads cost that much. High quality aftermarket pads cost that much too. Do you know if the CUSTOMER insisted on the best brake pad in the market?

He didn't specify the type of brake pad and make so stop being too judgemental.

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ksmart027(m): 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2020
kingreign:

Stop being ignorant. OEM brake pads cost that much. High quality aftermarket pads cost that much too. Do you know if the CUSTOMER insisted on the best brake pad in the market?

He didn't specify the type of brake pad and make so stop being too judgemental.
Explain to me what is penetrating oil.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:42pm On Nov 07, 2020
Arinze01:

Hello all,
Pls I need your input I did preorder of rav4 2010 model my first car ,taken it to my mechanic l for checks and he listed this for me to fix up and buy.
I never budgeted this much as additional cost of maintenance.
The prices are scary for me ,what do you all think?
Front shock absorber- 55k
4 pieces of front lower arm bushings- 17k
Front stabilizer bushings-4K
Front stabilizer linkages- 10k
Ball joint- 18k
Front brake pad- 25k
Front brake disc-95k (new)
7 litres of engine oil- 31k
Engine oil filter- 3500
Transmission filter- 9k
7 litres of transmission oil- 29k
Rear brake pads- 20k
Differential oil- 10k
Rear stabilizer linkage- 10k
Rear brake disc-90k(new)
(2)Rear coilspring- 20000
2 rear brake caliper- 12k
6 pieces of body arm bushings-55k
Radius arm(4pieces)-52k
Rear lower arm bushings(4pcs)- 16000
4pieces of penetrating oil-4K
4 coil spring rubber- 6k
Rear shocks- 40k
Rear sway bar bushings- 4K
4pcs of coil spring rubber- 6k
Service fee- 45k
Machinist pressing of bushings- 9k
Rear cross member bushing- 10k
Front wheel hub-35k
3pcs of oxygen sensor- 25k
8 litres of radiator coolant- 18k
Brake lining- 8k
Inner and outter tierod- 28k
Alignment and wheel balancing- 5k

The fact that your mechanic can write the part names properly means you went to a modern workshop.

If you do not like the quote, get another.

6 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 5:44pm On Nov 07, 2020
ksmart027:

Explain to me what is penetrating oil.
If you're in car talk and don't know what penetrating oil is and what it's used for, then I can't explain no more!

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 5:45pm On Nov 07, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

The fact that your mechanic can write the part names properly means you went to a modern workshop.

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Arinze01(m): 5:52pm On Nov 07, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Lol!! Actually, it's not mine. I'm helping a work colleague out. He's kinda naive to the car world so he had to go to a modern car-workshop to avoid complications.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by osato45: 6:56pm On Nov 07, 2020
[quote author=Arinze01 post=95789612][/quote] take it elsewhere and get a second and third opinion, you can't go buying parts for your car if there isn't any fault with it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 10:33pm On Nov 07, 2020
ksmart027:

abeg go Cossy for aspamda and price brisco brake pad.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ksmart027(m): 10:35pm On Nov 07, 2020
Bizzyliss:
abeg go Cossy for aspamda and price brisco brake pad.
Ok sir, i go reach there tomorrow.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Bizzyliss(m): 10:35pm On Nov 07, 2020
[quote author=Arinze01 post=95789612][/quote]remain to buy engine and gear box
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 4:10am On Nov 08, 2020
Stanleyallen17:
Please house, I need your help.
My rx330 steering vibrates while applying break once I'm speeding 80km/hr and above.
The mechanic have changed both the break pads and the disks but it still vibrates while pressing my break pedas at speed.
He also checked on the break calipers and confirmed it's in good condition.
I wish I can get solution to this problem in this section.

Hi boss have you solve this problem? One more thing I forget to add, sometime the problem isn't with thr frontend, I mean brake system, suspension system, front Tyres

Check the rear tyres, rear brake system and shocks, helped a friend out with it DIY using the below video as a guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw-GvAEY9BY
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Baba40(f): 8:26am On Nov 08, 2020

Check the prices online and compare
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Baba40(f): 8:30am On Nov 08, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Because he is a "modern mechanic" means he should cut off his head completely and at the end it is deciet that will end it.

Some people will tell you the truth to eventually sell lies
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:08am On Nov 08, 2020
Baba40:

Because he is a "modern mechanic" means he should cut off his head completely and at the end it is deciet that will end it.

Some people will tell you the truth to eventually sell lies

Not every foreign used car was used well.

This vehicle I sold early this year, just got due for oil change (the engine oil that came with it.)

https://www.nairaland.com/5896873/sold-spotless-clean-title-mercerdes

No other form of repair has been done including tyres

Also from the service records , even the transmission oil is not due for another 50k miles or more.

People should do proper research on vehicles they buy, to avoid lemons.

I hope you know Nigerians also use cars abroad? Imagine buying a used car used by a Nigerian grin

Finally , people who are used to buying cheap substandard parts , and postponing repair jobs you feel are not serious will fault that quote without getting a 2nd and third opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 9:14am On Nov 08, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Not every foreign used car was used well.

This vehicle I sold early this year, just got due for oil change (the engine oil that came with it.)

https://www.nairaland.com/5896873/sold-spotless-clean-title-mercerdes

No other form of repair has been done including tyres

Also from the service records , even the transmission oil is not due for another 50k miles or more.

People should do proper research on vehicles they buy, to avoid lemons.

I hope you know Nigerians also use cars abroad? Imagine buying a used car used by a Nigerian grin

Finally , people who are used to buying cheap substandard parts , and postponing repair jobs you feel are not serious will fault that quote without getting a 2nd and third opinion.

You need not explain all these to him Sir.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ksmart027(m): 11:06am On Nov 08, 2020
kingreign:

What is wrong with him explaining?

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Baba40(f): 11:13am On Nov 08, 2020
kingreign:

This is exactly the kind of persons they use for EndSARS "peaceful" protest only to find out that they were used for few others to go celebrate birthday in Maldives grin
Awon sycophants

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 11:16am On Nov 08, 2020
Baba40:

[s]This is exactly the kind of persons they use for EndSARS "peaceful" protest only to find out that they were used for few others to go celebrate birthday in Maldives grin
Awon sycophants[/s]
Whatever!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 11:17am On Nov 08, 2020
ksmart027:

What is wrong with him explaining?
A bottle of coke in Transcorp Hilton Abuja cost over ₦1,000, same bottle of coke in a buka just beside Transcorp cost ₦100. Choose which place is convenient for you and stop calling the Transcorp Hilton scammers and fraudulent.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ksmart027(m): 11:22am On Nov 08, 2020
kingreign:

A bottle of coke in Transcorp Hilton Abuja cost over ₦1,000, same bottle of coke in a buka just beside Transcorp cost ₦100. Choose which place is convenient for you and stop calling the Transcorp Hilton scammers and fraudulent.
Ok sir, i rest my case
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 11:49am On Nov 08, 2020
kingreign:

A lot of wisdom in this post.

Option 1, go to a modern mechanic, pay premium, get premium, some modern mechanic shops even take care or gurrantees their repairs for free for months or year... Check out Radautoworks

Option 2, go to a kazeem, you might be lucky, he is experienced, your problem get fixed for half the price of modern mechanic , sometime you fix one you get two problem free,

Option 3, my favorites, DIY, get to know your car, YouTube is a great resource point and other foura like nairaland.com, genvibe.com etc, out there, occasionally team up with an experience kazeem if needed to tackle a problem,
It is your car... I am sure you wouldnt want to compromise or cheat yourself... Shikena,

Reminds me of a nice quote in one of Ikenna351 YouTube videos, "car were not deigned and built by aliens"

8 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 9icetoo(m): 12:31pm On Nov 08, 2020
dicksonadams:

A lot of wisdom in this post.

Option 1, go to a modern mechanic, pay premium, get premium, some modern mechanic shops even take care or gurrantees their repairs for free for months or year... Check out Radautoworks

Option 2, go to a kazeem, you might be lucky, he is experienced, your problem get fixed for half the price of modern mechanic , sometime you fix one you get two problem free,

Option 3, my favorites, DIY, get to know your car, YouTube is a great resource point and other foura like nairaland.com, genvibe.com etc, out there, occasionally team up with an experience kazeem if needed to tackle a problem,
It is your car... I am sure you wouldnt want to compromise or cheat yourself... Shikena,

Reminds me of a nice quote in one of Ikenna351 YouTube videos, "car were not deigned and built by aliens"
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy at the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by tobintin(m): 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2020
Hallos Gurus,

I recently traveled with my Camry 2009 but noticed the steering vibrates when breaking from 150-160ish. The issues started slightly at going but gets more pronounced while coming back. Any help on points of issue.
Brake pads, tyres, absorbers are okay at check.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 7:59pm On Nov 08, 2020
tobintin:
Hallos Gurus,

I recently traveled with my Camry 2009 but noticed the steering vibrates when breaking from 150-160ish. The issues started slightly at going but gets more pronounced while coming back. Any help on points of issue.
Brake pads, tyres, absorbers are okay at check.
People get mind o!!!

Check your brake discs and replace it.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ahijo1990(m): 3:02pm On Nov 09, 2020
Good day house,

My Honda EOD dey drink engine oil like hell. 5+ litres in about 6 weeks and I don't even go long distances. Just about 6km from my house to office and back and other small small inside town waka.

One mechanic said I need to change rings. Another is saying the whole engine needs to be changed.

Any advice or ideas abeg? Engine oil dun dry my pocket finish.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:26pm On Nov 09, 2020
Ahijo1990:
Good day house,

My Honda EOD dey drink engine oil like hell. 5+ litres in about 6 weeks and I don't even go long distances. Just about 6km from my house to office and back and other small small inside town waka.

One mechanic said I need to change rings. Another is saying the whole engine needs to be changed.

Any advice or ideas abeg? Engine oil dun dry my pocket finish.

Change rings

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DukeNija(m): 4:20pm On Nov 09, 2020

You might as well build a new car na. Haba. Lool. Please your mechanic is wicked.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (511) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.